Author has written 19 stories for Doctor Who, and Sherlock.
Hello peoples!!!! my name is Laura, I am 17 and I come from and currently live in the Czech Republic. My family moves occasionally and I have also lived in Switzerland (I am half Swiss) and Australia. I enjoy reading fanfics about Doctor Who, Sherlock, NCIS and Harry Potter.
I love BBC's Sherlock, Elementary, Doctor who, Torchwood, The Catherine Tate show, Spicks and Specks, the Chaser's War on Everything, Mock the Week and Ten O' clock live. I ADORE Shakespeare, love reading, writing, and singing. I am also a big fan of theatre.
Because of my dad's job I move countries every few years, so I have to add travelling to my hobbies.
My favourite Sherlock ships:
Sherlock/Irene: I ADORE those two. I know that most people say that Sherlock does not love, and I can accept that, to a degree. But I think that if he ever would have a relationship (and lets be honest, Sherlock isn't going to have a normalrelationship anyway), it would be with her. while I hate what Steven Moffat did to the character, I still thought that the sexual tension between the two of them was great and although the ending completely ruins ACD's Irene Adler, the shipper side of me loved it.
John/Sarah: I really liked Sarah in the series, and thought that she was very sweet and understanding. And I just cheered for her when she knocked the creepy circus guy out, because that was something I did NOT see coming. I know that in the original stories John marries Mary, but I kinda hope she gets substituted with Sarah.
John/Mary: Mary is funny, sweet and adventurous and just a perfect match for John. And I am thrilled by the fact that Sherlock accepts and loves her too.
Sherlock ships I hate:
Sherlock/John: No, guys, just no. I'm sorry, I LOVE the two of them together, but not as a couple. The bromance is brilliant, and I get that the two love each other, but they do not think of each other in a sexual or romantic way. They compliment each other beautifully,a nd Sherlock would be nowhere without John, but to me they are best friends. John has stated several times that he is not gay, and I believe him.
Mycroft/Lestrade: Okay, I don't know who came up with that, but its another thing I don't like very much (though in extreme situations I could tolerate it, unlike the ship mentioned above...). Just because the show is mosly made up of male characters, doesn't mean that everyone needs to be shipped with everyone. I just can't see these two characters doing it. Sorry.
Just some basic stuff about me:
1. I live in the city of Prague with my mum, dad and two younger brothers.
2. My favourite authors are Shakespeare, Jane Austen, JK Rowling, Frances Hodgson Burnett, John Green and Lauren Oliver.
3. I love reading; fan fiction, plays, novels, non fiction, pretty much anything works for me.
4. Other than that I love being with my friends, going to the theatre (especially with my dad), swimming, body-boarding, skiing and volleyball. I love animals, the colour purple, music and art.
5. I HATE maths
6. I have huge problems with Steven Moffat's writing- I won't inflict all my views on you (that would be pages and pages long), but his writing is problematic, his views can be sexist and he cannot take any form of criticism. And he ruined Doctor Who for me... (check outif you are of a similar mind).
7. I love David Tennant, Benedict Cumberbatch, Rory Kinnear, Hugh Dennis, Adam Hills and Catherine Tate. (And almost all British stand up comedians).
Things that bug me in fanfiction:
I don't want to just randomly criticize anybody's work, but there is one thing I just cannot stand, a pet peeve of sorts. Please leave a new line for every new speaker okay? Pretty please?
So if any of you are still reading, then I just want to thank everyone who reads, favourites, follows and reviews my stories. I'm always thrilled when I see that people are taking the time to read my stories and it means the world to me.
8.10.2012: All Irene and Sherlock shippers-WE HAVE CONFIRMATION!!!!!!!!! This is the site:
4.8.2013: I'm happy with the choice of Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor, and I'm sure he will be brilliant. HOWEVER, I'm quite upset that a woman or a poc wasn't picked. Does every incarnation of the Doctor have to be a white male?? And Steven Bloody Moffat's comment: "I like that Helen Mirren has been saying the next Doctor should be a woman. I would like to go on record and say that the queen should be played by a man." I'm sorry, but that man is sexist, even if he thinks otherwise.
Unsafe External Link