Author has written 5 stories for Sisters Grimm.
Here is what you need to know about me. (well maybe not what you need to know or what you want to know, but maybe what you can know about me)
Like you I love to read and write. In a weird way, books--writing-- give me life and energy. This is why I work at my college library (well also, I'm poor and I need the money). I just like to be around books and book people. They are also what I want to do with my life. I'm working on an English literature degree right now so that I can get a job as a fiction editor with a publishing house.
I write for me. I love to hear comments and reviews of course, but when I write it's because I have an idea bouncing around in my head and I can't get rid of it.
I like the different stories, the ones that are original, dark, and surprising. Also I like talking to people, so don't be afraid to send me a message.
Also I'm queer as all get out.
I have both fanfiction and fictionpress accounts under the same name i
I now have a LiveJournal account. I'm still under the same user as here though.
What fandoms I like to read:
The Sisters Grimm
Game of Thrones
And probably more.
The 27 Commandments of Fanfiction:
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given you a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it.
2. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise thine readers shalt be confuse-ed.
3. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. THIS INFURIATES BOTH THINE READER AND THE FANFICTION GODS. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason.
4.Thou shalt NEVER use text-speak in a fic, unless the characters are actually texting.
5.Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6. Apply the above number 5 to POVs as well.
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8.Thou shalt not use :(, ;), or >:( in a fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character.
9.Thou shall try-eth to keep characters in character!
10.Thou shall not treat every criticism as a flame.
11.The author's note is not a spot for your personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12.Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shall not insert thyself into the story line as thyself or as a character- yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic, we just don’t want to read about how you end up with the main character.
15. If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original story line, point it out in the beginning.
16.Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change (a good reason).
17.Thou shalt show and not tell.
18.Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in-est thine summary. This annoys thine readers.
19.Thou shalt not write the same way thou speak-est- writing is an art.
20.Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly. Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise.
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody or b) find a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22.Thou shalt not post a chapter of less than 100 words, unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
23.Thou shalt not put author's notes in the middle of the story.
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on, it displeases the masses and causes thy readers to lose their vision and make angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before you writeth the fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts from the story.
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary "summary inside". This shows lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shall use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.
13 helpful tips for writing fics (found on Tumblr)