Poll: I've got, at least, two hundred ideas for Twilight stories, of all genres. Would you like me to share some with you, so you can make your own attempt at writing it? I'd love to hear your interpretations, after all. Vote now! xD Vote Now!
Author has written 3 stories for Twilight.
I'm the apple of your eye, the twist to your shout and the passion to your embrace.
But you can call me Puppet :P
There is not much to say about me, really. I'm twenty-four years old, a woman of many charms and oddities, with an unbreakable thirst for music and the written word, intelligent debates and kittens with blue eyes.
I found the world Stephenie Meyer created back in January, 2009. Like many other fans, it started with the movie. Although today I couldn't despise a movie more. Sorry to those of you that still love it. For me, Twilight is now nothing but a comedy for me and each and every time I watch it, I break out into heavy laughter, practially falling on my ass in the process. Though I absolutely adore BD Pt. 2, for some reason :)
The books are my most cherished possession, though, and well worn. It reminds me of Bella's copy of Wurthering Heights... I'm a geek, I know. :) (But I'm definetely not the only one)
It wasn't long after finding the Saga, that I stumbled across this website, which was the first fanfiction site I used. Since then, few others have captured my attention, such as Twilighted.net, where I read the beautiful Grace Born Of Heartbreak and TwilightArchives.com where I read my first NM AU LOST.
Anyway, I've got about a million story ideas, whirling around in my head. I'll surely be a hundred before I get them all out, but I promise to try my very best. The one I'm dutifully working on at the moment is Two Steps Back about Bella and Renesmee, traveling back to Bella's first day in Forks. I originally began it, with the need to see what difference it would make, to have knowledge. Many people look at Bella and see her as that weak link, compared to all of her supernatural friends and family. I wanted to see a Bella who was the more powerful one, simply because she knew things that even Alice didn't.
I have, oh gosh, three other accounts on this site. They are all divided in categories. I have two with Twilight fiction, another with Buffy and the fourth is for crossover fics. I'm just as passioned about the Buffyverse as I am of Twilight, so that one is also important to me. The crossover one is new, though I do have a Twilight/Charmed story that I've recently begun posting. If you happen to be interested, IM me and I'll tell you the account name :)
I'm keeping the four separate for simple reasons. I don't want to confuse myself. You'd think I couldn't, but... *sighs* it happens quite often, and easily, unfortunately.
That should be it for now. I doubt many people will read this, but as long as you read my stories (and review), then I don't really care :P
Ta, for now.
Okay, I've decided to update my profile, though I doubt anyone actually reads it :(
First off, I'd like to vent and rant about what I don'tlike, when it comes to reading stories. And what I all-out hate.
1. Fluff. I can't stand it. If there is no drama, no obstacles, no insecurities, then it is even more unrealistic than a story about Vampires and Shapeshifters.
2. PWP (Porn Without Plot). Now, normally I'd just avoid these, the problem is that not all summaries have a warning label. Because most authors think their PWP's are actually real stories. I read one once, labeled as drama or something, and maybe it was, but I just couldn't get past the fact that, five chapters in, every single chapter had a lemon. As healthy a sexual relationship as we'd all like to have, no one does it three times a day, every day of the year. Sorry to burst your bubble.
I don't mind lemons, though I usually just skip-read them, but there is such a thing as; Too. Damn. Much.
3. Rushing Through. This is referring to those stories where they rush through the chapters, just to get to the end. I get it, truly I do, I struggle with it myself. But what I do is, I don't post. It's that simple and actually the reason why I haven't posted for TSB in almost a year. I'm so worried about rushing through, because I'm so excited about writing the sequel and all the ideas I have.
Stop trying to rush things and just calm down, take a deep breath and don't let the reviewers pressure you into posting quickly.
4. This will be a lengthy one, with a backstory. I was diagnosed with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) when I was eighteen. To those of you with no true understanding of the illness, it is a compilation of tasks that have to be done a certain way, or intense pain starts to shoot out in your entire body. It's not fun. But I've learned to, not only live with it, but use it to my advantage. For example; when I found my dirty dishes piling up into the leaning tower of Pisa, I forced myself to make 'doing dishes' and OCD task. Now, it gets done the way it should, without any sanitary risks.
Now onto the reason for telling you this. I am horrible at reviewing a story, because if it's bad I don't want to and if it's good, I'm so caught up in it that I just wanna get through each chapter, without pausing. But I also understand how karma works and if I want people to review my stories, then I have to review the stories I read. So I've decided to put it under my OCD tasks, so I'm sure it'll get done.
As for the hating-vent I'm on now, I've decided that number four is when someone reads a story and doesn't review. I understand that many of you forget to do it, for the same reasons as I just posted, but think about karma. Even if you aren't a writer yourself, you need to understand how giddy we become when we see that we have even one new review. It's insane, really, but no less true. So remember that, the next time your mouse hovers over the 'next chapter' button.
5. OOC W/O Exp. Basically, this means an Out Of Character without explanation. I don't mind OOC, in fact some of my AH stories on my Fav list, feature OOC Bella and co. But they are rationally and legitimally explained. They either tell or show you examples of why this person has changed so much or why they are like this, when they weren't five years ago, etc. I can't stand stories that feature OOC's without any reason, just completely random.
If you want to write this character trait, make up an original one in a Twilight AU or write an original book and try to have it published. Stop pushing your unrealistic Bella traits down our throats, please.
6. Zero Mystery. I like to read a story and try to figure out what the author is trying to say. I love being surprised and realizing that my guess was wrong, because that means the author is really talented and imaginative. I absolutely hate when I can figure out everything, after only a few chapters. Like way too obvious clues to a pregnancy, backstory or eventual pairing. If one of my stories doesn't have a pairing, it mean that it's up in the air and you can't count on it ending the way you think.
7. Canon. Now, unlike the others, I don't hate this, only dislike in a way where I simply choose not to read the story. It involves canon pairing. Now, I'm about to say something that will have you thinking I need to be locked up in a mental facility, but that's just how passionate I am with stories. I literally start to shake and feel dizzy, when I read a story where either Bella is cheating on Edward or Edward is cheating on Bella. Because it's just wrong; they belong together.
I don't mind pairing either Bella or Edward with other characters, but it has to be in an All Human setting. In a Vamp!Fic, canon to the universe SM created, it gives me pain and much nausea. What I do, however, find utterly disgusting, is pairing the Cullens differently. I mean, they consider each other siblings, for cripes sake. This includes these 'popular' pairings; Edward/Alice. Bella/Jasper. Bella/Emmett. Bella/Carlisle. Edward/Rosalie. And so on...
And no, I'm not being hypocritical. If I have a story where the pairing reads Bella/Jasper, you need to read the summary. Because it means FRIENDSHIP PAIRING. I love imagining and writing a close sibling kinda thing between both Bella and Jasper and Bella and Emmett. I would never pair them romantically, ever.
On another note, I feel like puking when Bella and Jacob are paired together, but I know that it's somewhat canonical, so it's not as bad as the others. It's just, if SM wanted Bella and Jake together, she would have written the books with them ending up together. Okay?
8. Zero Imagination. It pretty much means, what you think it means. Why does all pregnancy stories have babies that are either named Renesmee, Carlie, EJ, Vanessa or something, not counting the few great ones that are actually original? Is Bella always so close with Renee that she has to name her daughter after her? No. Is Edward always a Cullen and thus related to Esme? No. Is Bella always such close friends with Jacob, as to name her son Edward Jacob? No. Although it might stand for Edward Jr., of course, but still. Be original. Take a look at my nickname for Renesmee in TSB; do you think anyone else has come up with that, but me? Not that I know of.
Then there's the storylines. It's okay to take a concept that has been done to death, as long as you put your own mark on it. Like character flaws and/or traits, nicknames, slang speech, original backstory etc. Like my attempt at a Reading story that, instead of the Cullens and Bella, feature Charlie, Renee and Leah only. Or my 'replace Bella with an original character' isn't a replica of the Twilight storyline or love story, but only has shades of it. There's also the all-famous high school stories, that can easily be put an original spin to, as long as you think hard enough.
From the stories on my Fav list, I think you'll easily see that I favor originality. We've got Beyond Time, which is so different from all other time travel tales, that it's not even funny. Then there's Choices, a genius look at an Edward that left before the van incident, when he meets a paraplegic Bella ten years later. One of my favorite OOC stories, Dirty Dancing With The Devil Herself, which begs the question; how would Bella be, if she decided to stop feeling sorry for herself and actually let loose and live a little. Don't try to conform; be original.
9. Destroying SM's Intentions. I understand that some stories have to have conflict, because it makes things interesting, but I'm getting so tired of reading about an all-out evil Tanya, or Rosalie, or abusive Charlie or... etc. SM has clearly stated that there are no bad guys in her Saga, not even the Volturi, but that they are simply creatures who make mistakes or are a bit power-crazy. That doesn't make them evil. And I certainly don't think she meant for us to see Tanya, their beloved cousin, as someone cruel and belittling.
I get that a lot of High School!Fics need conflict and bitches, but how about using the already bitchy Lauren, or making up an original character. I don't mind reading about a slightly manipulative Tanya, or a slightly neglectful Charlie, but try not to overdo it, to the sense where the reader wants them to die a painful death. It's possible to be creative and original, while still staying true to the character from the canon universe.
There's a reason I've got a story where Renee is dating James, because I don't want to make Phil be abusive. Or one where Lauren makes the change from bitch to real person, because it's the things that happen to us, that mold our future thoughts and actions. I've got a story where Vamp!Victoria befriends a human Bella, because again, the growth of the person means finding understanding and a common ground. Very few people in the world are truly evil, if any. Most are simply misunderstood and some are just mentally ill.
10. Be Original. I know what you're thinking; you already did this with number eight. But this is different. I'm not gonna ham on the originality of names or storylines. Instead, I'm gonna encourage you to switch things up, so we won't continuously read the same thing, over and over. Once again, I'm using examples from my own stories. I'm currently writing one where Bella is best friends with Paul, for reasons delved into in the story. Then there's one where the entire world around them, is nothing like the one we live in, or even the one we read in the canon books.
Other examples of that are; Elemental, about a different kind of Witch. The Presidential Treatment, about the freaking Prez, falling for a 'commoner'. Now, if that's not original, I don't know what it. Multiverse, about an Edward who lost Bella and goes traveling to find another one. Mucho original, people. Basically, you need to come up with a concept that has either; not been used before, though I know that's difficult, or; has been seen a million times, but putting your own spin on it.
I'll end this with two, very important words.
On the subject of my ongoing poll; wow, you guys do not like my Therapy idea, huh? And I was so excited about it, :P.
Anyway, I'm not surprised that I've got most votes for the Time Travel Tale, because, let's face it; who doesn't love time travel? And of course, it might have something to do with the popularity of my story Two Steps Back. Eh, who knows.
Anyway, I'm gonna take down the poll and put up a new one, I hope you'll cast your votes and let me know what you think. Even if no one ever reads the profile text :D
Okay, I just have to say something about this, because it's really starting to piss me off. This is related to my earlier 10 item rant, but still different. I just don't understand why some writers, most actually, can't get their freaking facts straight!
First off, Edward's human last name is NOT Mason, it's Masen. It's one thing to get it wrong once, by accident, a whole other thing to have it happen several times in the same story. Edward is one of the key characters from the book, you should not be messing this up!
I don't care how many times you've watched the movie, if you write a fanfiction story and place it under Twilight:Book, there are rules; things you can't just get away with. First of all, Charlie Swan does NOT have a mustache. Laurent does NOT have dreadlocks and James does NOT have long hair in a ponytail. If you aren't sure of these facts, reread the damn book, ask a friend who might know or do what I do; have the Twilight Illustrated Guide lying right next to your computer. There's no better reference than that.
And just because I'm in a ranting mood, here are other mistakes I often catch in stories, be they AH or Vamp!Fic.
The big guy who is brothers with Edward and Jasper, is not spelled Emmet, or Emett.. It's Emmett. His last name is not McCarthy, but McCarty. Rosalie's middle name is not Lilian, it's Lillian. Jasper's last name is only Hale if he's related to Rose in the story, otherwise it's Whitlock. Bella's Grandma Marie is on Renee's side, not Charlie's. His parents passed away when Bella was way too young to remember them, from anything other than pictures. I've made this mistake myself, but I studied up on it since and now know what I need to. You gotta do the same, people.
And since I'm on a roll; Jane does not have blond hair, Aro is not bald (couldn't believe it when I once read it in a story) he has long black hair, just like Marcus, and Caius is the one with snow-white hair. All of the brothers look young, from late teens (Marcus) to early twenties (Caius). Eric Yorkie is not Asian and Laurent is not African-American. He's French, people and only slightly tanner than James and Victoria. For that matter, Tyler Crowley is Caucasian. A lot of you will notice that most of this is movie stuff, but that's the problem; people keep mixing the two up and that's just not acceptable. Learn how to tell the two apart, please.
Now I think I'll get off my soapbox; I'm sure I've annoyed a lot of people. The truth is, I'm not perfect either and I make mistakes in my stories, but not such extreme ones as those mentioned above. I have watched all the movies several times, despite my dislike for them, but I can still keep it straight in my head.
Do me a favor and re-check, before posting something. And have a beta who is more well-versed in the Twilight universe than you, if at all possible, please.
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||Twilight Saga: Best Angst Stories, both Vampires and All Human!|