Poll: Which story should I update first? Vote Now!
Author has written 81 stories for Golden Sun, Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance, Mega Man, Tales of Symphonia, Chrono Crusade, Chobits, Angelic Layer, Love Hina, Fruits Basket, Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai, Card Captor Sakura, Air, Maburaho, Naruto, Atelier Iris, Harry Potter, Magikano, D N Angel, Utawarerumono, Robot Wars, Suikoden, and Misc. Anime/Manga.
Note: Think of Lord Cynic and Mashu as the devil and angel counterparts of the person behind the account. They are not physically two different people, they're personae the moron is hiding behind to justify his weird fanfiction.
Note: Be wary of having us on Author Alert. We're no longer known to have one main media (which used to be Golden Sun). We'll tell you what we can be bothered to write about:
Tales of Symphonia
Lord Cynic's FictionPress portfolio: http://www.fictionpress.com/lordcynic
Lord Cynic: "Fudge me, thanks to my crappy webbuilding techniques you no longer have a stone wall of typing to go through! Actually... you still do. Eh. The website with the majority of my previous info is. Whew, took long enough!"
Website update: 09/05/08 (Updated Couples page)
Note to all readers and reviewers: "As of now, I won't be lenient when demands are made for updates to my stories. Fanfiction writing is not a paying job, it is a hobby. I don't have the obligation to set deadlines and always be expected to follow them. I know I procrastinate a lot, but for Christ's sake, I'm not the only one. Lay off a bit, or despite my current status, I will be taking deliberate breaks. That is all."
MSN Messenger: firstname.lastname@example.org (Am changing to a new one very soon)
Lord Cynic and Anime: He is not picky when it comes to dubbing or subbing. The way he looks at it: Dubbing is good for when he's busy (i..e., writing) and can't pay attention to the subtitles, otherwise he'll almost always watch subbed anime. However, the loser doesn't know what's good dubbing or bad dubbing...
Fanfiction inspirations (compact version)
(no favouritism here - they're all in alphabetical order)
TALES OF SYMPHONIA
"Maiden of the Moon"
General fanfiction information
Genre preferences: Drama; angst; (perverted) humour (Cynic); Humour; romance (Mashu); Action/Adventure (both)
Fanfiction style: Extremely lazy - both of them. Mashu dominates the written portfolio with fluff after fluff after fluff. Cynic occasionally chimes in with a more thoughtful, depressed or dramatic entry.
Reading preferences: Dark themes, angst (Cynic); fluff... fluff... fluff... (Mashu)
Reading turn-offs: Not telling the pairing in the summary (Mashu likes to know what he's getting into as quickly as possible); harems (usually/especially involving the OTPs); grammatical and spelling nightmares; turning monogamy stories into harems/poligomy stories midway through.
Use of Cynic's fanfics is permitted, as long as:
1. You ask him first.
2. You give him at least some credit.
3. You give him the 4-1-1 on the site you're going to post his stories on.
(Cynic refuse to place this at the beginning of every fanfic, so just take his word for it, okay?)
Sites other than FFnet with my fanfiction:
(As "Lord Cynic")
DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise, any anime, game or TV show he writes a fanfic about belongs to their respective producers, companies and whatnot. This author does not own them.
Current list that this disclaimer applies to: Golden Sun (Camelot Soft); Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Squaresoft); Megaman (Capcom); Tales of Symphonia (Namco); Chobits (CLAMP); Chrno Crusade (Daisuke Moriyama); Angelic Layer (CLAMP), Love Hina (Ken Akamatsu), Fruits Basket (Natsuki Takaya), Kono minikuku mo utsukushii sekai/This ugly and beautiful world (GAINAX); Cardcaptor Sakura (CLAMP); Air (?); Maburaho (?); Fire Emblem (Nintendo); Naruto (Masashi Kishimoto); Atelier Iris (Gust); Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling); Magikano (?); D.N. Angel (Yukiru Sugisaki); Suikoden (Konami).
Number of categories added by me: Six
Categories: Kono minikuku mo utsukushii sekai (in Anime); Air (in Video Games); Maburaho (in Anime); Magikano (in Anime); Utawarerumono (in Anime); Robot Wars (in TV Shows)
Mashu's top 15 supported couples
(In Mashu's POV)
1. Naruto/Hinata (Naruto) (Won't change. Ever. No matter the canon. And yes, I'll regret that later, like with a couple that's disappeared from the list completely.) (OTP)
2. Lloyd/Colette (Tales of Symphonia) (Will stay here. Apparently the official couple. Score.) (OTP)
3. Harry/Hermione (Harry Potter) (Canon material can bite me. Getting our hopes high then sending us crashing to the ground with... what?... ugh...) (OTP)
4. Prince/Lyon (Suikoden V) (Staying put. If only I didn't need to keep Roy alive to keep Lyon alive. Screw you, game.) (OTP)
5. Shinji/Rei (Neon Genesis Evangelion) (There's enough fanfiction to satisfy Mashu even if the source material is ... well ...) (OTP)
6. Kyo/Tohru (Fruits Basket) (Yeah, I know. Bit of a double standard considering Cynic's disdain for tsundere females. But Kyo's not hateful, just lonely. Promise.) (OTP)
7. Akito/Sana (Kodocha) (It's extremely amusing, especially since the guy as chasing the girl for most of the series. Ah, progress. [Cynic: Vomit.])
8. Natsume/Mikan (Gakuen Alice) (Er ... See #6, except with a much more hateful and bratty punk and an even more ... clueless female?)
9. Hiroki/Nina (Ultra Maniac) (I did prefer to see Nina more than Aya.)
10. Ryuichi/Kana (Full Contact) (It read like tying up loose ends but it was still good to read.)
12. Kazuki/Tokiko (Busou Renkin) (The whole anime reminds me of Bleach...)
13. Kyosuke/Miki (Hungry Heart: Wild Striker) (Belligerent sexual tension reigned supreme. But the support for each other was clearly there.)
14. Kazuma/Tsubasa (Kare Kano) (Is it weird that I prefer this couple over the main one ... Although it was funny to see what they looked like at the end.)
15. Yoh/Haruna (Koukou Debut) (Actually one of the least annoying couples I've seen in manga for a while. Bit like Kare Kano.)
Souichirou/Yukino (Kare Kano)
Hakuou/Ryou (Shitsuji-sama no Okiniiri)
Manabu/Reina (Yandere Shoujo)
Zen/Shirayuki (Akagami no Shirayukihime)
Shouta/Takako (Kimi no Todoke)
Eiichirou/Natsu (Baby Steps)
Matsunaga/Shiharu (Love so Life)
Akira/Takami (Venus Kisoukyoku)
Hero/Demon Queen OR Hero/Lady Knight (Maoyuu Maou Yuusha)
Kaito/Kurumi (Yoroshiku Master)
Hachizen/Mikage (Silver Spoon)
Guilty, non-M-rated pleasures
Chiyo/Osaka (Azumanga Daioh)
Yuno/Miyako (Hidamari Sketch)
Shinobu/Kaede (2x2 Shinobuden)
On crusade to get Harem added as a genre (since July 17th 2007 apparently)
Contemplating how to get rid of their writer's blocks for unfinished stories
Trying to rid themselves of writing ruts, period
REALLY trying to get over the writing ruts.
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||The Prince and his Sworn Protector|