Author has written 29 stories for Harry Potter, Star Wars, Stargate: SG-1, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Naruto, X-overs, Pokémon, Sword Art Online/ソードアート・オンライン, Fairy Tail, Aura Kingdom, Transformers/Beast Wars, Mythology, Star Wars, and Anime X-overs.
Fate looks sharp
'Ello everybody xD
I guess I should introduce myself. I'm 21-years-old [Happy birthday to me 19/4, a girl/woman-thingie (I've not yet decided whether to be mature or not), and lives in the Netherlands. I have
I and several friends [Henceforth referred to as Era, Tsu, Chio, Amy and Mark] have started a writing circle, which has, to this day, published nothing, but has one book that's pretty damn close to making it. [Low number mainly because all 6 of us have to like it, before it even gets considered for it.]
I usually provide the bunnies, Era and Amy are the main writers -because they just have that way with words-. Tsu and Chio are in charge of character development -Tsu studies psychology and Chio is just that good-, and Mark provides the male touch. -which is a good thing really, since he saved some of our earliest stories from *shudders* going Tween, granted we were 12 and 13 at the time, but still...-.
At the moment I'm the only one with an active FF-Account -seeing how I do little of the actual writing-, and I seek to hone my skills to be of any actual use to them. Because really, wat's the use in being able to spin worlds on a moment's notice, when you can't even word it properly without your friends' prodding?
I have Various Fics in different stages of plotting. The main focus for now being a series of drabbles for a DCxSW crossover. [mostly in the SW-universe, with only the apotox plot-device as anything prominently featuring. There will be some allusions to other things, but not more than a mention here and there.]. Well, that was until I got the unexplainable urge to write some LunaXDudley drabbles. My muse is nutty that way... [And then came Sword Art Online, which derailed even that, with all the various plunnies]
If you want to adopt any one of my bunnies, please do so. Because while I do try, I still lack that ability to write it right, and would rather have someone adopt a promising drabble and do a better job, than let it die like that.
Stories I'm currently working on; (Bold) [and other plotbunnies]
1) Certain Death Harry Potter-fic - AU, dark!harry, powerful!harry - discussed it above (somewhat)
2) Chances not Taken Harry Potter-fic/challenge-thingie - AU, timetravel, grey!Harry, borderline-evil manipulative Dumbledore, SLASH (Cedric Diggory)
3) Lord of the Lake Harry Potter-fic/challenge-thingie - AU, creature!Harry, seer!Harry, powerful!Harry, grey!Harry, evil!Dumbledore, Voldie-SLASH
4) The Death of Sanity Harry Potter Crack [Just to show how ridiculous those plotlines are]
In which Harry is deaged, Draco's a ferret, Ron and Hermoine swap bodies, Crabbe and Goyle actually make sense, Neville gains cat-ears, Dumbledore can't like lemondrops, and Sirius is forced to haunt Snape [to both of their horror]
5) The Chase; Harry! Potter-fic/crossover, AU, Grey!Harry, powerful/godlike!Harry, non-SLASH
6) Perspective [so far, Star Wars fic in it's plotting stages. Challenge by Era, to write an at least medium-length story about an ascended Jedi. [which in my opinion is pretty much covered by either Force Ghost/Celestials/the Mortis-trilogy- , but hey, it's her wish] I have narrowed it down to two plotlines for now. One involving time travel, and the feedback of merging to cause one to ascend, and the other includes Jedai dating all the way back to the Dawn.
7) Size Matters Not DCxSW(xKoTOR) Series of OneShots featuring Apotox'd Star Wars characters. Right now I'm working on drabbles for Obi, Anakin, Revan, Han and Yoda. [the last for pure crack]. No romance, safe some hints at HanxLeia - at a later non-shrunken point. non-SLASH
8) Dissension HPxSG [yes, one of those].Slight AU Follows the basic plot for these things [wizards = Alterans, safe for one big point. Which is that while most of the Wizarding World is not privy to this information, around 10% are actually taught the Alteran way.
Quote prologue: 'Indeed, we could teach everyone equally, but do you have it in your heart to make them dream of goals that will not be in reach for many generations to come? I do not like this anymore than you do my friends, but we are a broken people, and as will our children be, if we let them. It is one thing to never be whole, but at least some of them would have a chance at happiness. Even if it is one born from ignorance'
9) Practising Quantity brings a Quality of it's own. Not as much a planned fic, as a training exercise in combining multiple semi-compatible universes. Which I may or may not post. [Warning, due to the nature of some of said universes, and my limited skills, there are increased chances of spotting semi-Sues and Stus. In the original books the characters in question are tempered by the fact that they are walking masses of complexes, but, seeing as I have even less emotional depth than a teaspork... Yeah...]
List of currently infused universes: Star Wars, Blood and Ashes, Yggdrasil: 13th Knight (etc.), The Chronicler of Asyrla, Cycle of Flames, and other smaller ones that have little impact. [2 t/m 5 are writing-circle universes, so in a way the characters will be OC]
10) Lost in Translation BTVS - Xander-centric YAHF, TimeTravel-parody. Halloween is approaching, and Xander's soldier costume got ripped up badly. In desperation, and having only an eyepatch left, he dresses up as no one in particular, something with surprising [yet utterly predictable] consequences.
[This might take some time to take off though, seeing how I never got past season 3 because it started airing around 2:00 in my country, and only saw some episodes of season -which was it again... I believe 7- I first need to go through all the other episodes]
11) Eternal (SWxMerlin). Albion has long since fallen, and Merlin's immortal life ever continues. How will Magic Incarnate live in a time where the Old Religion has become known as the Force? [*Gleefully rubs hands, I'm going to have so much fun writing this one.]
12) Crimson - Naruto style! Original plot (well, as original as vampire-plots can be in this day and age :p), Naruto characters. So technically a Naruto AU. I'm not sure if I'm ever going to post this one though as, even before I start writing it, it gives of a bit of a twilight-vibe. [Not because of tween-romance, but simply because an IC vampire!Naruto can't do anything but sparkle -figuratively speaking-.]
13) Enchanted HP, post-DH, ignores epilogue. LunaXDudley. Most likely a Oneshot, may become a series of them.
14) Transcendent Naruto, AU, The Rikudo Sennin was not the Jinchuuriki if the Juubi. He was something far more than that. Can Naruto uncover to secret truth of this past his dreams show him? Will the reincarnation of Asahi no Akasha be able to trump Mugi no Akasha? Only time can tell.
15) Blood Runs Deep Not-your-usual parental Mina/Naru time-travel fic. Working seals is hard, working seal under duress is even harder. Doing so while you are being suffocated by youki and bleeding to death? That's asking for the thing to blow up in your face...
16) Of Sensitives and SorcerersHPxSW, ignores epilogue, TR-verse Force-mechanics. Once upon a time Harry Potter became Master of Death. Alas, a pity -or not- there is no death, only the Force. How will the Immortal man-who-conquered fare, in a Time and Galaxy that, in retrospect, was only a Veil away?
[While somewhat similar to 'Eternal' in the whole 'Immortal Wizard/Warlock has über-Force connection'-way, pretty much every other plot point is different.]
17) Monochrome Butterfly [and it's spin-offs] Multi-Xover SI in plotting stages. Rough drafts currently already include BTVS, KOTOR, SG1/A, DC, HP The dreaded self-insert with a twist... humor/parody/adventure. Yggdrasil-verse.
Note: While not entirely serious -how can it be with these labels-, I do try to keep things ike Kenda's growth rate at reasonable levels, even if the end result is not . She will eventually be godlike -As is the fate of most dimension travelers-. And though her circumstances are absurd [Making up for a large part of the Parody, even if not everything is fully played for laughs, her reactions to those will also be human. She already had a depression at the start of this, and will have nightmares, PTSD and the like over the course of this story. Breakdowns will ensue at several points. This is, paradoxically enough, actually part of the 'Parody', as so many authors just believe their SI wil be fine after the initial shock'.
18) Virtual as opposed to False SAO, drama, adventure, tragedy. OC-insert.
Some people get all the bad luck, Cassai Logia can attest to that. Being stuck in a virtual Deathgame is relatively tame when compared to the fact that only 7 months ago she was actually living in a post-post-apocalyptic world, before that timeline was ripped apart by the actions of one man. Meh, at least it's a lot more familiar than whatever passes itself as 'reality'.
Now, I can't say to much, seeing how those would be spoilers, but there's enough foreshadowing even in these first two chapters, that tells how the SAO-arc will initially end. Better, more united leadership unfortunately won't always lead to a 'Good End'. Especially since the events that led to everyone being released early were more chance than everything else.
19) Fate/Fake Distortion Nasu-verse XO, humor [slight crack, adventure, mystery, fantasy
Mistakes are a part of the learning process. Unfortunately for Shirou and Rin, the latter's failure, result in the Kaleidoscope sends them to a vaguely-familiar-if-you-squint Elsewhere. ''ROOT-Bleep-it Shirou, stop breaking the locals!" "It's not like I'm doing this on purpose!" "Then you should just purposefully NOT do it, you idiot!"
cackles madly*. I just saw this rpg backstory [ particularly, how the Age of Gods ended] a friend of mine made, [somewhat based on UBW, and I couldn't help but wonder: What if Shirou landed in that world? How widespread a panick would it cause if his Reality Marble was discovered? How much hijincks would he have to go through to convince everyone that no, despite this awful pileup of coincidences and similarities with the Myth concerning the Herald of Endless Swords, he isn't the one that will kickstart the apocalypse... probably... likely... perhaps... Eep...?!
20) Fate/Breaker Nasu-verse. Heavily AU. Adventure. Drama. Fantasy. Psychological.
There is an infinite amount of worlds, holding infinite possibilities. Is it any wonder that some are similar, despite their very vast differences? Nothing will be the same when Emiya 'Ria' Arturia gets involved in the Grail War, with her Servant Saber at her side. As the war drags on, more and more questions are revealed. WHO and what is she? Was she? Who and WHAT is her Servant? What are her ties to the past? How is he tied to Alaia?"
When I say it's heavily AU, I mean it. This is not just an Alternate Grail War/route, but it's also set into a re-imagined Nasu-verse. Characters and aspects might be similar, but they are never quite the same. As the name implies (or is supposed to, anyway) the main focus of this story is self-determination.
21) Fate/Rebirth Nasu-verse, AU, psychological, Fantasy.
A child died amidst the roaring flames, and was reborn into this burning world. Broken, some would say. Distorted. Reforged. But is he, really? This one who was neither Sword nor Man to begin with.
Note; I have several chapters of The Chase in storage, but I just feel a bit icky when I read it. It's just... off... somehow. I think I'm going to let it rest for a few weeks and take a look at it again. Maybe it'll help gain new insights... I'll focus on some drabbles in the meantime.
Update: For now The Chase is on Hiatus, my muse for the story has left me indefinitely.
October 4th 2012: Regarding 'The Chase': I might abandon this. My muse is somewhat back, but I'm in planning stages of a Naruto-fic that has a very similar plotline... :/ Well... Mostly...
July 4th, 2013:
Gods, I'm starting to hate rhymes. What the hell was I thinking when I made it a rule for speaking one of my Original stories' Celestial Tongue? Especially when it gets used this often? Sometimes I hate my muse... This little in-story gem even lampshades it:
"Here, here, child of divine kin
As a result I have to put
If rhyme is not the nature of Divine thought
Needless to say, this is some of my favourite dialogue. It was just so much fun to write after plodding through writing 80 pages in it. If anybody is wondering about the reason: It's because of a thruce with Demons. Both were granted an undeniable request [within reason, roughly, no mass-suicide or anything.]. The Divine ordered the Demons not to enter the Mortal Realms. The Demons demanded for the Divine to speak in Rhyme. It would 1) Be annoying, 2) Cause the Divine to think before speaking [As the whole war started because one ran his mouth, 3) Be annoying, and 4) Everytime a Divine breaches the demand, one Demon may too. Even if said divine is a toddler equivalent who does not speak more than a handful of words. So the Demons won anyway... How else would they get into the Mortal World to much things up?
September 26th, 2013:
I had intended to write the multiverses involved as somewhat distant ones. It failed. Those crapsack multiverses bear an uncanny and unintended resemblance to reality.
In hindsight, it was clear to see I was working towards it in my plunny-induced writing spree, the small steps, the expanded background. The titles, the nature of his existence vs the current omniverse. This isn't even the problem. I may not be overly religious, but I don't shun it, and I'm a Somethingist at least. There is Something Greater out there, but it's too far beyond our comprehension, beyond our existence, for it's will to be understood and for humans to even show up on it's radar.
In-setting, That Being would have been Ciel, or alternately one of the other Firstborns, who were spawned from fragments of the former. I hadn't expected it to be Arowane/Larean, who, while having a technically similar role is...well... human in how broken he is. Which again, would not be that big of a problem, but this Godlike being is quite literally well... The parallels made shit a bit too real for me/
Cue a small BSOD.
I finally fully understand the words of my authoress aunt when she told me that [somewhat paraphrased on the account of it having been 5 years ago, and originally in Dutch:
'It's fine to write stories on a multiversal scale, and it's alright to write stories on a cosmic scale too. However, when you combine those two... No... You know what... Don't combine those two. It becomes to philosophical to think about, and is what caused my friend Gabe to become depressed. Playing God... It's what we authors do, but... Well... At some point it may become to deep and you will be pulled under.'
I kind of agree with her now... I mean, this might not particularly be Cosmic Horror [Despite the main cast being Eldritch beings, and it isn't quite similar to Staring into the Abyss, but I created it, and it IS staring back. Which is kind of unnerving. It isn't just a story anymore, it became alive to me. Uncanny. too real. Once again, I find it hard to think of this as a Good Thing. It may be good for my characterization, but I kind of feel like I'll be failing my SANITY-checks, to keep up with the terminology, if I continued before distancing myself again.
Which means Monochrome Butterfly is put even further on the backburner, if not scrapped all together.
February 6th, 2014: