Author has written 1 story for Phantom of the Opera.
Hiya everyone!!! Here's a bit of facts about me...
1. My real name is Cara and I'm a complete nerd( I'm proud to admit this)
2. I LOVE to draw, especially anything having to do with fantasy or my favorite topics( if anyone wants to send fan fiction drawing requests just send me a private message)
3. I am a HUGE fan of Phantom of the Opera( I always felt Erik should got Chrisitine in the end), X-men( especially anything having to do with Rogue and Gambit), Vampire Princess Miyu( It's really depressing but I still love it though), Alice and Wonderland, Gone with the Wind( it's one of my favorite books), and Glee( I'm a huge Klaine fan).
4. My favorite actors are Gerard Butler( first saw him in Phantom of the Opera, which my friend Emma and I have a major crush on him), Brad Pitt( because of Interview with a Vampire), Alec Cumming( saw him when I was younger in the Spy Kids movies, then he earned my repspect in X-men United), Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, and Frank Sinatra( yes he was also an actor). Robert Patterson might become part of this list NOT because of twilight( shudders) but because I loved him in Water For Elephants, which is another one of my favorite books
favorie Actresses are Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Elizabeth Taylor( love her films), and Helena Boham Carter
6. My favorite films( so far) are The Phantom of the Opera( the 2004 one and the 1925 one), Pirates of the Caribbean( especially the second and third one), Gone with the Wind( classic film), The Kissing Bandit( my second favorite Sinatra flick), Ocean's Eleven( the original Rat Pack one, this one is my favorite Sinatra flick), Cabaret( LOVED IT!!), and pretty much every musical into movie film. OOO!!! I almost forgot the Godfather films!!!! Classic just classic
7. This is probably pretty obvious by now, but I am a HUGE movie buff, and it's pretty entertaining sometimes when I'm the only person in my class who gets a movie reference in a science Brain Pop video
The one thing I've noticed about movies these days is that the've gone from absolute classics to really bad films. Two examples are...
Vampire movies: We've started with Nosferatu, the scariest vampire move in exisitence, KNOWN FACT!!, to sparkly, vegeterian, teenage vampires( cough..twilight...cough). DO YOU SEE MY REASON FOR PANIC!
The phantom of the opera: we've gone from Lon Chaney's Deformity, which IN FACT made people in the audience faint, to a bad rash( 2004 version, SORRY GERRY) and GASP no deformity AT ALL( 98 version, which I strongly suggest not watching cause its GOD AWFUL TRASH). AGAIN SEE MY REASON FOR PANIC!. The media is starting to get a wee lazy in my opinion
Now that my ranting is out of my system...
Since I'm a Phantom of the Opera fan-girl, I feel I should give my opinion to the continuing debate of Crawford vs. Butler...
In my own personal opinion, I love both of their versions. I felt that for an unprofessional singer, Gerard Butler did a really good job singing. I feel people are being too hard on him by always comparing his UNTRAINED voice with Michael Crawford's PROFESSIONAL singing voice. Michael Crawford was the first phantom to sing it, and he sang it perfectly. Crawford's performance was a once in a lifetime thing, and no one will ever be better in my opinion. Butler's version was a more masculine version of the phantom, which I liked as well. So my answer for who did it better... they both did it.
Reasons why girls are the best ( copy and paste this on your profile if you like. Thanks SarcasmIsTheBestMedicine)
1.We got off the Titanic first
Angel of Mystery-145 (15)
Caelia di Mekio (2)
Crimson Siyrean (27)
Lily Sregdor (3)
Misty Breyer (2)
The Lonely Padawan (14)
The Yankee Countess (54)