Author has written 16 stories for Transformers/Beast Wars, and Transformers.
My Little Bio Thingy
Location: idk, apparently Americans aren't good at Geography
About me: LeaderPinhead is currently a student at university working on her useless bachelor's degree in English. She has been reading fanfiction since 2000, which means her age is beginning to catch up with her. She has hopped through different fandoms over the years, starting in anime such as Beyblade and Yu Yu Hakusho because the 90's spoiled her with Toonami, but currently resides in the Transformers fandoms because strange events that she doesn't even understand led her there. She refused to publish fanfiction until she graduated high school because college gave her more free time. Speaking of which, her confidence in her writing has dramatically increased over the past five years (where has the time gone?!?) thanks to the positive reviews she gets from her lovely readers. :D Why is she currently referring to herself in third-person? Because all professional writers* refer to themselves in third-person in their bios!
(*DISCLAIMER: LeaderPinhead is not a professional writer by any means. She has apparently just lost her mind and thinks she's being funny right now. :P)
Things You'll Find in My Writing: OCs, AUs, Humor, Drama, Family/Friendship, apparently stories that spawn trilogies XD, Flash Fiction (>1000 words), a smidge of Romance here or there
Things You Won't Find in My Writing: Slash (unless it miraculously makes sense/is canon [and by canon I mean, explicitly stated/shown), NSFW, Self-Inserts, OTPs (I actually don't have an OTP), Fandom Crossovers
Hyperlinks for outgoing websites are currently not working. You can still access all the links below through the old copy n' paste method; all the urls are in brackets beside the hyperlinks. I'll keep the hyperlinks in place in case the issue is fixed in the future. All the links connected to the site (i.e. links that have no url pasted beside them) are still working.
Other Sites I Be:deviantART (For original pieces, flash fiction, and other misc. one-shots not posted here) [leaderpinhead.deviantart.com] Tumblr (Maybe I'll start posting things here, but I'm more up to date on deviantART) [leaderpinhead.tumblr.com]
Resources I've Found Useful for Writing:Charahub (A really neat website for character bios) [charahub.com] editMinion (An editing website I find useful for picking out overused words in my writing) [editminion.com] Writing Prompts (One of the more useful blogs I've encountered looking for prompts) [unblockingwritersblock.tumblr.com] TV Tropes (Just an interesting website to browse on the downtime XD) [tvtropes.org] Active Characters (An article on keeping your protagonists pushing the plot forward) [fav.me/da5d43v] Critiquing Fanfiction (Learn to critique!) [fav.me/d9zd209] Non-Romantic Relationships (Just as it says) [fav.me/d9wzois]
Update Section (October 2017)
It's been forever since I've updated this...
Life has been pretty crazy in the past year, but I'm hoping to make a comeback for all my stories in progress! (Just please be patient because I'm still working through some RL stuff.)
Update on Drone 2.0:
Chapter 8 is slowly coming along. I'm only about 2000 words into it, but I wanted to explain why this story has been so hard to write for the past nine months for the few people who click on my profile and may see this: Jeffrey is my baby. Of all the characters I've ever written, Jeffrey is at the top of my favorites list. He has a special personality and history compared to the other characters I've created, and because of that, I didn't want my personal depression/stress/anxiety rubbing off onto him. It would completely ruin his character from both a writer and reader perspective. So thank all of you guys for being so patient for the next chapter as I get through my personal mess. :)
(Also I've received very awesome fanart from squirrelygirl890 over on DeviantArt. Go check it out! )
Update on Rise:
Rise is on a weird hiatus right now. Not because I've lost interest (I'm actually still writing short flash fics for the universe, but I can't post them for spoiler reasons ;P), but I'm doing a major rehaul on the entire series, starting with Pint Sized. If any of you have clicked on that story recently, you may have noticed a note at the bottom of the first few chapters about it being edited; one of the major flaws with this series is that it was my first dive into the Transformers, so I was still really green (in both the fandom and writing) at the time. Since then, this story has developed far beyond how I first imagined it would, and I honestly don't feel like I can move forward until I go back and fix the mistakes I find when re-reading it now (both in the writing and the plot that it has grown into now). I absolutely promise that this story is not dead though--if anything, it's just getting a little face lift to make the final stretch that much more enjoyable. ;P
- Rebirth (Transformers) (Complete) An Autobot cut down before his time; a benevolent god who gives him his second chance; a whole new can of worms to be unleashed. What's it like to grow up as a human when your past life continues to haunt you? [AU '07 Movie and eventual JazzxOC].
- Dinobot Interpretations (Transformers/Beast Wars [G1]) (Complete [One-shot]) [AU-G1-One Shot] The Dinobots have a…unique way of looking at certain things. They can't be blamed though; Wheeljack and Ratchet are the ones who made them that way. So when Swoop completely misinterprets an interaction between the two, the results aren't very surprising for any party involved. A one-shot for 569413 [569413.deviantart.com/] for the Star she drew for me :D
- Number One Fan (Transformers/Beast Wars [TFA/TFP Crossover]) (Complete [One-shot]) Professor Sumdac has decided that Sari needs more of a human influence in her life. Unfortunately for the pre-teen that seems to mean getting a new babysitter to boss her around and keep her from hanging out with the Autobots. Or does it? [AU-Animated/Prime Crossover-One shot]. A one-shot for AnonymousAuthor1998 [anonymousauthor1998.deviantart.com/] for the Recall she drew for me :D
- The Price of War (Transformers/Beast Wars [G1]) (Complete [One-shot]) Praxus fell, and only one survived. The story of how Bluestreak became the Autobot he is today. A Bluestreak Origins One-Shot [G1 AU].Bluestreak has become one of my favorite characters to write. He's just adorable, but you could turn him into one of the most serious mechs like a flip of a switch because of one that piece of backstory that seems to be true for a majority of canon-continuity (not to mention the fandom): the fall of Praxus. I wanted to explore the darker side of the happy, talkative mech's past and create a backstory for him that could be applied to the Pint Sized series.
- Flash Fics (Transformers/Beast Wars [Various Continuities]) A compilation of various, short fics (500 words or less) featuring various characters, continuities, and genres. Based on prompts from the deviantART group, LiteraryFanFiction [literaryfanfiction.deviantart.com/]; chapters are updated here after three flash fics are completed.
- Towerling (Transformers/Beast Wars [G1]) (Complete) Mirage was once the epitome of a "towerling": forged and raised within the segregated Towers of Iacon, never traveling far away from the protection (and will) of his creators. Certain events led him on a path that was starkly different than the one his creators had laid out for him. A Mirage Origins Story [G1 AU]. Mirage is normally an underdeveloped character, but I wanted to create a more thorough backstory for him in the Pint Sized Series. It can be read alone though.
The Drone Series
- Drone (Transformers/Beast Wars [Prime-verse]) (Complete) A Vehicon is left to die after a routine battle between the Decepticons and Autobots. Imagine his surprise when he onlines in a human repair shop to find a deranged human banging on his hood. [Takes place prior to "Out of His Head"] For the entire month of February, I'll be focusing on this story as an experiment/challenge. The goal is to write each chapter based on a prompt from here [fav.me/d3q4cuo, keep the chapters 200 words or less, write it completely in first person, and have it completed by the end of the month.
- A Drone Named Jeffrey (Transformers/Beast Wars [Prime-verse]) (Complete) I am Jeffrey. The Vehicon. I did this thing a little while ago. I met a girl, left the ‘Cons, and drove off into the sunset. Now what the heck am I supposed to do? [Sequel to Drone (or better known as an interlude between Drone and Drone 2.0] Once again, for the month of February, I'll be focusing on this story. Like last year, it will be based on a prompt from this list of themes [fav.me/d3q4cv8]and keep the chapters within a word count of 1000 words or less.
- Drone 2.0: Drone Harder (Transformers/Beast Wars [Prime-verse]) (In-Progress [On Semi-Hiatus]) Jeffrey is a Vehicon. A neon green, Spanish soap opera loving, gaming troll, and squirrel hunter (i.e. kitty) collector Vehicon. Apparently neither the Autobots nor the Decepticons ever got that memo. What’s a Vehicon to do when he’s roped back into a war he never wanted to fight? [Sequel to Drone and A Drone Named Jeffrey] ArceexVehicon? Unlike the previous Drone stories, this one will not be based off of prompts or word limits; it will be a full length, anything's possible story.
"The Fangirl Series" (In Chronological Order)
- A Decepticon's Guideline to Dealing with Fangirls (Transformer/Beast Wars [G1])(Complete [One-shot]) "Because every Decepticon needs to know how to deal with these vile creatures..." -brief excerpt provided by the great and glorious Megatron. A completely pointless one-shot because I wanted to write something along the lines of something like Fangirl, Meet Decepticon without being serious.
- When You Wish Upon an Acorn(Transformers/Beast Wars [G1])(Complete [One-shot]) Because only a Dinobot would do such a thing. Now the Autobots get a little taste of what is known as "The Fangirl." A follow up one-shot to A Decepticon's Guideline to Dealing with Fangirls because I just had do write one for the Autobots.
- The Upside to Paranoia(Transformers/Beast Wars [G1]) (Complete [One-shot]) The Decepticons have managed to create an even more devastating fangirl! Will the Autobots see through their devious plans in time? [The final installment for what has been dubbed "The Fangirl Series". ]
Pint Sized Series
- Pint-Sized (Transformers/Beast Wars) (Complete [Currently Being Revised!])My first attempt in the Transformers fandom. It was an idea that was greatly inspired by *The-Starhorse's comics on deviantART (you should go read them too). I just liked the idea of toy Transformers and decided to make a fic of my own.
- A New Version of Reality (Transformers/Beast Wars [Movie-verse]) (Complete [Currently Being Edited Revised]) The sequel to Pint Sized. Sparklings! :D Yeah, it's a popular concept in the fandom, but I've just read so many stories out there that leave me unsatisfied that I wanna write my own story. Will take place a little before the '07 movie, have (of course) strong mentions of Pint Sized, and maybe some romance. If so, it won't be much because I don't want it to be a big romance story.
- The Return of the Mistletoe (Transformers/Beast Wars) (Complete [One-Shot]) Holiday special set during A New Version of Reality.
- Rise (Transformers/Beast Wars) (In-Progress [On Hiatus Until Further Notice]) The third and final story in the Pint Sized series. First there were little robots, then there were sparklings. Now Victoria will have to face an even bigger challenge as she learns to transition into the new form, culture, and life forced upon her while simultaneously coping with the powerful AllSpark trapped within her.
Ideas/Challenges* (Some of these are actually up for grabs [indicated by the * beside the title]. If you're inspired to write one of the ideas, PM me for more details)
- Amnesia (Transformers [Movie-verse]) An unknown mech has crash landed on Earth and is suffering from amnesia after taking damage from his clumsy crash. Now he has to regain his memories, name and all, while at the same time trying to figure out how to cope on this new planet, a feat that is a lot more difficult when the one teaching him is mute. NOTES: it will involve a rarely used Autobot/Decepticon (whichever faction is chosen) and NOT one that is already a part of the movies (if it is part of the companion novels/comics/toy-line and stuff, then it's fine to use). Adopted by AndromedaAI. The first chapter has been posted here
- Fangirl, Meet Decepticon (Transformers/Beast Wars [verse has yet to be chosen]) Fangirl gets sucked into universe, meets favorite characters, possibly falls in love but always has a happy ending...yeah right. It's time to see what truly happens when a fangirl meets her "dreamy" Decepticons. NOTES: this is NOT a happy ending fic. It's a close as possible scenario of what would really happen to a fangirl if she was stuck with the Decepticons, whether it means psychological or physical abuse or death. I see too many fan stories out there that have the Decepticons turn into a pile of disturbing fluff--now give me a realistic one. Has officially been adopted by Trapezoidal (finally noticed she changed her name, and she has the prologue posted :D)
- A Work In-Progress* (Transformers [Movie-verse]) An unintended crash landing on Earth leaves a teenager caring for a recently sparked orphan. With only her aunt around to help, how is a teen going to raise an alien baby when she is barely grown herself? NOTES: not much, but it's supposed to be a more realistic take on taking care of a child (sparkling). Child-rearing is not easy, especially not for a teenage girl and it comes with many different struggles. This won't be a story where the OCs just suddenly meet the Autobots.
- My Pet Dino (Transformers/Beast Wars [Prime-verse]) Recently divorced and looking for a new start, Chelsea and her ten year old son, Andrew, move to a fairly small town where Chelsea is practically handed the job as the one and only photographer for the small town’s paper. Part of that job means having to go out past midnight to take pictures of a meteor shower that no one really cares about…and witnessing one of those meteors falling to Earth mere miles from them…and inadvertently having to adopt a freakin’ robot T-Rex because her son always wanted a pet. NOTES: Grimlock oriented story; not a romance; AU post "Rebellion."
- Interspecies Relations * [working title] (Transformers/Beast Wars [verse undecided]) Typical story: Teen gets license—teen wants car. Uncle sees chance—gives teen his old car and buys beat up custom Lamborghini to fix up for his hobby. Atypical story: Lambo turns out to be an alien with severe trust issues and no clue which way is up or down half the time. Dilemma: Learning how to get along before crazy alien’s comrades are able to track him down. NOTES: Red Alert oriented; not a romance; because I took a lot of ideas for this story and applied them to Drone, I am now putting this story idea up for adoption. For anyone who may be interested in taking this "challenge," I already have a short prologue written, a cover for it made, and two little bios for the main two OCs. If you're not interested in the prologue, cover, or OCs then feel free to do whatever you wish for the story.
- Castle of Glass (Mass Effect) An OC-oriented fic (because Mass Effect has too much potential when it comes to creating OCs) that takes place during the two years between ME1 and ME2. The story follows the younger sister of an Earthborn/Paragon Commander Jane Shepard struggling to find a way off of Omega with the mismatched crew she has become a part of. The story will be told with interchanging scenes of the past and present, detailing how the crew came to be and how they're functioning in the present.
*Thanks to everyone who has drawn pictures for the stories (especially the ones who answered my outright pleas for sparkling/Transformer pics)!*
Pint Sized*The-Starhorses Comics [the-starhorse.deviantart.com/gallery/1060568] Mistletoe Info.[people.howstuffworks.com/culture-traditions/holidays/mistletoe3.htm] Anonymous Fanart Thanks to the anonymous reviewer who drew it :D [i41.tinypic.com/50f9ci.jpg] Pint Sized Illustration [fav.me/d7gz9sr] by SJprurry [sjprurry.deviantart.com/] Fanart [fav.me/d5zkot1] by AnonymousAuthor1998 Mistletoe Madness [fav.me/d66q3bi] by AnonymousAuthor1998 More Fanart [fav.me/d6h5e70] by Narikoryuu [narikoryuu.deviantart.com/]
A New Version of RealitySparks Headcannon [fav.me/d79pka9] Background for book cover [fav.me/d31o5hq]
Wheeljack's Chem Class [fav.me/d640f9z] by AnonymousAuthor1998 Recall [fav.me/d60dbbb]by AnonymousAuthor1998 Star [fav.me/d6ds97q] by 569413 Wheeljack and Star [fav.me/d6ggvah]; (looking at a starry sky) [fav.me/d6h6htt] by 569413 [Baby] Topaz [fav.me/d6fydh1] & Toddler Topaz [fav.me/d6lqbqs] by TheStickyNoteDoodler [thestickynotedoodler.deviantart.com/] Nuisance [fav.me/d6otymm] by Firestorm152 [firestorm152.deviantart.com/]
Toshi [fav.me/d6tw2c8] by TheStickyNoteDoodler LadyAnatar's Vicky/Skywarp Speedwriting Prompt
Skywarp and Vi [fav.me/d7omymi] by ThomasTomTom [thomastomtom.deviantart.com/] *Sparkling Height Chart!* [fav.me/d6w7271] Recall, Star, Toppy, and Vicky [fav.me/d7dbeot] by SJprurry
RiseBackground for book cover [static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/101568/2124727-transformersplanet.jpg] Pixel/Victoria [fav.me/d7k4pe9] by TheSlipshodArtist [theslipshodartist.deviantart.com/] Patronus (Headshot) [fav.me/d7qolm8] by SJPrurry Victoria Character Ref [fav.me/d7qolm8] Blue and Vi Commission [sidian07.deviantart.com/art/Commission-LeaderPinhead-477946282] by Sidian07 [sidian07.deviantart.com/]
RebirthImagine Dragons-"Radioactive" (the song that helped inspire Rebirth) [www.youtube.com/watch?v=klsnXVUDtEw] Fanart [fav.me/d5vmwlc] by Eileen11 [eileen11.deviantart.com/] Jaden and Annalise [fav.me/d7c3hnz] by SJprurry
DroneRiley and Jeffrey being goobers [fav.me/d8pglxh] by SJprurry Jeffrey (Fanart) [ by squirrelygirl890 Jeffery
None of the above links work at the moment because of the site, but hopefully, you guys can still copy/paste the links and enjoy all the awesome artwork done by all these amazing artists ;P