Author has written 2 stories for Harry Potter.
I, MaryPotter3, do solemnly swear to review all the fics I read,
The Reviewer's Guide to Reviewing (Copied from CK Geisener's profile)
Hello folks! Welcome to the Reviewer's Guide to Reviewing! All of those who have no idea what to say on their reviews, listen closely, and ideas might pop into your head!
1) Tell the author your favorite/least favorite part. What did you like about it? What made you happy, sad, tense, mad, excited, etc. And don't forget to tell them why you love/hated it! Authors love it when you do that!
2) What character do you love/hate the most? This will give the author a fan base to play off of. You can include which point of view you love the most if you tell them!
3) Grammatical/Technical errors in the writing. So an author got tired and made a little brain fart. Help him/her out! Catch it before the author does and you will be awarded a virtual cookie! Leaving the error is just cruel and embarrassing. Hint: Don't be mean about it. Let the author down gently. The author has had a long, sleepless night full of thinking and checking. It's hard accepting that one has made a mistake within all that time. Another hint: use this one with caution. Some authors (not me) think it's annoying when this is pointed out. Others (like me) think it's helpful and are grateful.
4) Suggestions. Authors love to hear your creativity and what you think the character would do. Use this to your advantage and you might get a better story to read!
5) Theories from fans. Tell the author what you think is going to happen next! Tell him/her why you think that is. Tell the author what you think the significance is to something he/she said in the story. The way he/she said it might make the biggest difference. The author gets a kick out of these and cheers their day up.
There are many ways to review, but these are just the five most obvious ones. Please use this guide to help others and to spark the lovely inspiration and motivation. The authors will thank you with another chapter of the story you are reading and your reviews will decrease the percentage of abandoned stories on this site.
Side effects: Happiness, giddiness, sparkling conversation with the author (if they know how to use things, that is), and the feeling of a good thing done when helping others.
Unsafe External Link