Have PRIDE! Support Gay Marriage!
Why can't I own a Canadian?
Wednesday, 30 June 2010 at 11:27.
In her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.
The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, written by a US man, and posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination ... End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14) I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Your adoring fan,
James M. Kauffman, Ed.D. Professor Emeritus, Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia.
PS: (It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a Canadian).
I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.
I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.
We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.
I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.
I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.
I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.
I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.
We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.
I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.
I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.
I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.
I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.
I am the woman who died when the EMTs stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.
I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn't have to always deal with society hating me.
I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.
I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.
I am the person ashamed to tell my own friends I'm a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.
I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to "teach me a lesson."
I am the gay male student that had to switch to another high school on my senior year, because I told my teachers that I was gay. One said that I was going to hell, the other wanted to cure me.
I am the person that cannot act/be themselves in fear of what others will think of me and if they will accept me.
I am your best friend, the same person you grew up with, and told your secrets too. The person you can't talk to anymore, because my partner is a woman.
I am the daughter and best friend, the girl you raised and loved. Now you won't talk to me because I shattered your dreams of ever having children, and you are afraid of how to tell your friends about me and not be embarrassed.
I am the person, with the same fears, hurts, needs and wants as you. I bleed, I breathe, I understand, I live...With our hearts open and our eyes closed we are all the same people. Living life the best way we know how, with what we have been given.
Repost this if you believe homophobia is wrong.
Abacus 777 (0)
Amira Devant (35)
Ammie Hawk (51)
Athena's Wiccan-wolf (14)
Barrel of Monkeys (23)
Belle's Noir (11)
Black Thought (3)
Bloody Fox (0)
Cari Marie (3)
Cassis Luna (12)
Celestial Seraphim (20)
Center of Stone (2)
Cheryl Dyson (125)
D. Mitch (6)
Dark Akuma Hunter (49)
Dark Disaster (7)
Dark K. Sly (158)
Dark Wolf Shadow (4)
demon sloth (28)
Dream of Cream (4)
Elf Princess Bloom (27)
Epic Solemnity (5)
Fat Anorexic (0)
Felicity Dream (166)
fyren galan (38)
Gillian Middleton (38)
Gospel Stonemad (22)
Hikaru Kosuzaku (16)
His Spectacles (46)
IceAngel 69 (28)
Isolation and Tea (13)
Ithilwen C. Malfoy (15)
Jake Awake (1)
Kalorna Enera (2)
Katarina Sensei (6)
Known Continuum (3)
L. S. Donovan (1)
Lady Avarice (31)
Lady Azar de Tameran (186)
Lady Charity (52)
Lady Khali (3)
Lady Ophelia (6)
Lady Silverwings (4)
Lily Ann Lyones (26)
Lily McGlaughlin (13)
Liria Nai (12)
Lizzy Pheonix (32)
Lovelily Lion (19)
Lying Knaves (0)
Mad Maudlin (42)
Maethoriel Raina (5)
Marcielle's Musings (20)
May Eve (68)
Ming Xiong (11)
Minx of Lynex (30)
Mistress Ashley (39)
Mistress Nika (40)
Moirae Ma'at (5)
night flame miko (16)
Nom Tasty (15)
orphan accounts (0)
Pagan Strega (3)
Pinky Brown (10)
Prince Edwin (4)
Profound Yaoi (38)
Richan MMI (36)
Riddle Me Sinful (1)
Ridley C. James (170)
Rise of the Fallen (11)
salus gem (8)
Sara's Girl (52)
Sasha Dimierez (4)
Serenity Rayne (12)
slayer of destiny (202)
St. Harridan (205)
StarLight Massacre (16)
Super NEET (1)
Sweet Shiva (5)
Sword of the Shadow (17)
The Black Rose16 (26)
The Santi (4)
The Smash Factory (20)
The Unbelievable (12)
Times of Bliss (8)
Toki Mirage (9)
True Blue Chan (3)
Tsume Yuki (90)
Vallory Russups (16)
Whispering Darkness (44)
Zero Skye (6)
|Community:||Harry Potter SLASH fic's.|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|