Poll: Pick your 3 favorite stories from the Like Totally 80s Contest. Thank you for voting. Last day to vote is 11/18/11. Vote Now!
Author has written 22 stories for Twilight.
And the Winners are...
1st Place - Did You Know by Loves.Lovely.Words
2nd Place - Fast Times at Plano Sr. High by KlrTwiLuver
3rd Place - Centrefold by LizzyLillyRose
1st Place - Everything by HollBeth
2nd Place - Blood Swan by Katiecav
3rd Place - Livin' On A Prayer by SydneyAlice
The "Dude Looks Like A Lady" Award for Best Dressed - Reminiscing by DaCherry
The "Alex P. Keaton" Award for Best Characters - Down The Line by EdwardsBellamy
The "Like, Oh My God That's Totally Rad" Award for Best Use of 80s Cliches - Best Night of My Life by JustAReaderFan
The "Kokomo" Award for Best Setting - Blood Swan by Katiecav
The "Like Totally Most Awesomest Plot" Award for Best Plot - Livin' On A Prayer by SydneyAlice
The "Take My Breath Away" Award for Best Use of Song - Raspberry Beret by Tawelephant
The "Simply The Best" Award for Best Story overall - Everything by HollBeth
Announcing the Twilight LIKETOTALLY80s CONTEST!!!
Brought to you by Nolebucgrl, Mcgt2008, TwistedInMasen, GuardingKatmom, Caius09 and TwilightMomofTwo.
Remember the days when love was young, and jeans were bleached? When Parachute pants were all the rage and hair was big and teased to within an inch of it's life? When power ballads and cheesy love songs were what you listened to, when Judd Nelson, Patrick Swayze and Tom Cruise were every girl's dream? When Valley girls were the height of pop culture? Remember watching Pretty In Pink and Dirty Dancing for the first time? Or Maverick soaring high in the skies in that F-14 Tomcat?
Like, totally, right?
If you're a child of the 80s or if you simply love that decade, this contest is for you. Write us a story about your favorite Twilight characters using one of the songs listed at www.totally80scontest.blogspot.com. Set your story in that decade - we want to know what happened to the characters during the 80s.
First love? Teen pregnancy? New jobs, marriage, children? Perhaps they went to College? Played in a band? Or maybe they dealt with loss, grief and angsty times? Listening to that one song over and over because it described exactly how they felt? Anything goes - as long as the story takes place during the 80s.
If there's a song not on the list that you would like to use instead, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. As long as the song is from the 80s, we will grant permission to use it.
We're also on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Totally80sCntst
Choose a song from the list and send your choice via email to LikeTotally80sContest@gmail.com.
- If your choice is already taken we will ask you to pick another.
- Submissions will be accepted from 9/17/11 until 10/30/11.
- Send your submission via .doc, .rtf or .odt to LikeTotally80sContest@gmail.com with the following header:
Your pen name(s): (will be removed for the contest)
Your beta's name:
Your story name:
Song that inspired you:
Disclaimer: Twilight and its characters belongs to Stephenie Meyer. No copyright infringement is intended.
- Submissions will be posted anonymously on THIS profile as a new story, after they have been validated.
- You may promote having entered into the contest (Twitter, blog, Facebook etc) but you may not reveal which story is yours. Violations will be found out and the violating author's story will be removed immediately from this profile and will no longer be eligible for the contest.
- Must be a oneshot that can stand on its own. You may continue your story after the contest is over.
- Must be a NEW story.
- Your story should be inspired by and may be centered around one of the contest songs from the 80s. Feel free to google the lyrics for the song you chose.
- The main plot of your story MUST take place in the 80s. This means you can begin and/or finish by reminiscing but the overall plot must be set in that decade. Stories that do not meet this requirement will be rejected for a revision and resubmission.
- Any and all cliches from the 80s are acceptable and encouraged. We want the big hair, the fashions, the music. Use it.
- Serious fic or crackfic is acceptable.
- A drabbles format is allowable as long as the drabbles move the story forward and all drabbles take place during the 80s.
- Minimum word count excluding Author's Note and Endnote: 1000
- Maximum word count: 15K or thereabouts
- All pairings accepted, but characters must have appeared in the Twilight series. Other characters accepted, but cannot be the main character(s). We encourage canon pairings.
- All categories accepted. Story can be drama or angst, romance or humor - whatever floats your boat.
- Lemonade is definitely encouraged but not required. Slash, fem-slash and poly-amorous is acceptable.
- All ratings accepted.
- Unacceptable subject matters include but are not limited to: Abuse, Rape, Incest, Bestiality, Necrophilia, Pedophilia and the likes. We don't want to read about that kind of thing.
- The use of a Beta reader is strongly encouraged. Beta readers can be found on FFn or at Project Team Beta. Submissions with an error/word ratio of more than 10/1000 will be rejected for a revision and resubmission.
- Each contestant may submit up to three entries. This includes collabs with another contestant.
- Collaborations are acceptable.
- Public voting will be held on this profile from 11/01/11 until 11/18/11. (Yes, that's the day BD1 comes out)
- Judges' vote will be held from 11/18/11 until 11/25/11.
- Winners will be announced on 11/27/11 via Twitter and on this profile.
- First, second and third place winners for the public vote and the judges' vote will get bragging rights and a fantastic personalized banner from the amazing TwistedInMasen.
- Judges will also be awarding Best Story Overall, Best Use of Song, Best Clothes, Best Use of Cliches, among others.
- Submitted stories may be posted on your own account AFTER the contest is over; no earlier than 11/28/11.
Organizer/Poster/Mail Handler/Keeper of Identities:
Meet the Judges:
And our most wonderful banner maker: