Author has written 454 stories for Diagnosis Murder, Twice in a Lifetime, DarkWing Duck, Sonic the Hedgehog, DuckTales, M*A*S*H, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Scooby Doo, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokémon, Mega Man, Detective Conan/Case Closed, Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Sailor Moon, Final Fantasy X-2, Batman, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Princess Tutu, Patty Duke Show, Monk, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, West Side Story, Perry Mason, Monkees, Wild Wild West, Once Upon a Time, Bonanza, Columbo, Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew, Virginian, Man From UNCLE, Emergency, Rockford Files, and Garrison's Gorillas.
It really is highly aggravating and discouraging when anonymous people ask me questions in the reviews of finished stories and then don't provide any way for me to contact them and answer. What is it they expect me to do, I wonder? Do they not really want an answer and everything is rhetorical? With a finished story, it isn't as though I can easily answer them in Author's Notes, as I can for a story in progress when I put up new chapters. I like to be able to help people understand what's going on, if they don't get it, but I can't help them if they don't give me a way to contact them!
Along those lines, I really wish everyone would read the author's notes on each individual story. They're not just taking up random space; they're there for a purpose, such as explaining things that might otherwise be confusing. If everyone would read the author's notes (or if everyone would at least provide some means whereby I could contact them and explain personally), I wouldn't need to bump things like this to the top of this page where they might by some slim chance be read:
Perry Mason fans, please be aware that Perry Mason does not fit my idea of a period piece. It can easily take place in any time period, and each reinvention of the franchise takes place in what's current to the day. Mine, while focusing on the popular TV series, is always set in the present day. Usually I remember to say this. If I don't, it's still the case. I am not an idiot and there are no anachronisms (unless the higher morals displayed by the good guy characters are an anachronism in today's world of messed-up media). I know exactly what I'm doing! And I do not think it takes away from anything, especially since I bring everything except smoking cigarettes over from the series. As far as I'm concerned, the "noir" feeling remains.
1. I've been plagiarized. An idiot named John Meadows is trying to pass off my Princess Tutu story Think Back on Yesterday on Amazon and Lulu as his own story, entitled Lohengrin. He's selling the thing for over forty dollars, using stolen artwork too, and claims he wrote it in 2001. That alone proves he's a pathetic liar; the Princess Tutu anime wasn't even yet released in 2001!
In the past, at least one of my stories, I've Gone Nowhere, was taken word for word by someone on Deviant Art using the name Soul Calibur Princess (though it has since been removed). She has also stolen other FF7, as well as Soul Calibur, stories in the past, and I am uncertain whether all of them have been removed. Please find a way to let me know if you find any of my stories being posted by anyone claiming it's their own work. I post stories using this account, as well as Insaneladybug and Ladybug Tales on Livejournal. I may still have an account or two on Media Miner and FicWad using either Lucky Ladybug or Lucky Ladybug66. I am LuckyLadybug on Archive of Our Own. On dA my account is Meromeroyui, though I do not post anything there. I will take immediate action upon learning of plagiarism.
2. Please visit http://sites.google.com/site/unofficialsimonoaklandtribute/ for information on the great character actor Simon Oakland and the many characters he portrayed.
Perry Mason fans, please visit http://parkavenuebeat.blogspot.com/ for all Perry-related musings and thoughts from a young and devoted fan. On topic comments and discussion are loved and welcome; spam and other unrelated comments will be deleted.
3. People, please cease bothering me by leaving "reviews" that don't even pertain to the stories you're reviewing! If you want to ask about a specific but different story that hasn't been updated, kindly give me some way to privately contact you! I will not give out my email address publicly on this website; it's disabled for a reason. You are spamming and harassing me and I am deleting your comments as spam!
4. Regarding stories that are hanging, and have been for years on end: There is always a chance I'll come back to them. For some, I'm fairly determined to do so eventually, such as Purple Skies. For some others, particularly any and all Detective Conan stories that are hanging, I honestly can't say that anything more will happen with them. I have been having issues with all of the multi-chapter stories for this series, for various reasons. Of all my fandoms, Detective Conan is one I'm not sure I will ever go back to writing for, for reasons of my own. Thank you for your continued interest, but please respect this!
5. I have added a new item (#13) to my list of things to be aware of when reading. Please look at it if you read my Princess Tutu stories.
6. This website has removed the scene dividers of what seems to be any and all fics that do not use either letters or the horizontal lines, the using of which causes our word counts to increase. I apologize profusely for what has been done to my older fics' formatting due to this frustration. I just don't have the time to go back over every one of them and fix it.
I am an experienced fanfiction writer for many years now. :bows.: Before I got my account here, I had been writing on the computer since I was nine. (I'm twenty-seven now.) And I'm not afraid to admit that I am a friendship hurt/comfort writer, but that's probably obvious once you've read a couple of my stories. I generally prefer writing serious stuff, but I can be funny if I want to be.
Also, my old stuff is nowhere near as good in quality as what I write and post now. Please be aware that certain problems found with my older work may very well have been corrected in the more recent stories.
For those in the Yu-Gi-Oh! fandom, I like Anzu/Téa and I can't understand why so many people don't. If you're one of those people, I don't want to get hateful emails and/or reviews from you just because I like her! Also, if a certain character is going through Hell in a fic, I probably really like him/her and am trying to explore his/her mind and the relationships he/she holds with other characters. I find character bashing to be immature and annoying, and I will never deliberately do it.
There are a few other basic elements to my stories that you may want to be aware of before reading:
1. Marik has repented. And I don't appreciate people telling me how to write for him. I have my reasons for writing for him the way I choose to. I take into consideration the real reasons he was doing what he did, but I also mix and match with the dub version. My Marik was looking for revenge because he thought the Pharaoh had killed his father, but he himself hasn't ever killed anyone, as some people write. (Actually, I have learned from those in the know that Marik DID NOT kill the Rare Hunters even in the original or even in the manga.) And when he repented, he worked very hard to lose some of that defiant attitude because he doesn't want to squabble with his siblings any more. Through all of his experiences during Battle City and with his Yami he's come to realize many things, including how precious life is. He nearly lost Rishid, and that affected him deeply. But he is still defiant, he still has a short temper when something angers him, and he's still a good fighter. Sometimes he even still uses the Millennium Rod, even though now he uses it for good. Some of the things he does now I don't think Yugi and Bakura (the actual "goody-two-shoes" characters) would do. (I like Yugi and Bakura, BTW.) I don't think I do such a terrible job. I've seen far worse portrayals of a repented Marik.
Let me compare him to someone named Kenshin Himura. If one has only seen the Battousai side of Kenshin, it would be hard for them to comprehend that he has a good, kind, sweet side. And yet he does. Why, then, can't Marik as well? It really isn't that much of a stretch. I may say that the repented Marik and Kenshin are much alike. If you really don't like the way I write for him, then stop reading my stories. It's as simple as that.
2. Everyone likes Marik because he has proven himself to be truly changed (if you don't believe me, read Stolen Memories. I'm getting tired of explaining that Marik is good.) I would do this differently now, with not everyone trusting him. That seems more logical, and that is how I will be writing AVALANCHE's reaction to a sane Sephiroth. But that's another topic.
3. Mokuba and Marik are friends. I didn't create this concept, someone else did. I wish I could remember who so I could give proper credit.
4. Bakura and his Yami care about each other like brothers.
5. While of course Yami Bakura is a villain on the show, he will always be semi-good in my fics. BUT never completely good!
6. I don't write shounen-ai/yaoi, shoujo-ai/yuri, hentai, or incest. I barely write any kind of romance at all, for that matter. I feel that friendships are far more interesting.
7. Marik and Rishid are loving brothers.
8. I am a HURT/COMFORT writer. H/c writers put in a lot of incidents of people getting hurt and the ensuing angst it causes. People who don't like or don't understand this form of writing shouldn't even be looking at my stuff.
9. For YGO, I use all dub names except Rishid's, mainly because by the time I found out his name was changed he was already a major character in my stories. I choose, for instance, to say "Yami Marik" instead of "Yami Malik." And Yami Marik is always a villain in my works, just as he is on the show. I can't stand him. Oh yeah, I did kinda break this rule recently. I'm now also using the name Miruko (instead of Mikey), because I couldn't remember the dub name and Miruko sounds cuter.
10. As mentioned, I'm not a big fan of romance, but there are a handful of pairings that I really like right now. Those are:
- Zack/Aerith (Final Fantasy VII). They're really destined to be, aren't they? He was her first love, she was initially attracted to Cloud because he was acting like Zack and she was reminded of him, and she and Zack both ended up dead and in the afterlife together.
- Neflyte/Naru (Sailor Moon). Some people may argue that Naru was probably only infatuated, but I can't believe that the Black Crystal would have reacted to an infatuation, nor that such a thing would have saved Neflyte. I like Umino, I think he's cute and that his relationship with Naru is cute, but I still prefer Neflyte/Naru and want it to happen in the fanfic I'm currently overhauling. (And I'll make sure Umino will be happy too.)
- Seto/Tea (Yu-Gi-Oh!). A pairing I have never been able to get away from and always come back to in spite of the occasional protests of my mind. I believe their interaction in the anime is fascinating and that their differences complement each other.
- Fakir/Ahiru (Princess Tutu). They are incredible. The way their relationship grows so much over the course of the 26 episodes of this fantastic series is a joy to behold. They go from being enemies to allies to very close friends, and should eventually get together romantically (provided Ahiru becomes human again, of course). They feel so real.
11. I don't always write stories with action. Sometimes I prefer quiet blurbs showing insight into a character's thoughts. Informing me that a story doesn't have action if it's not supposed to in the first place is annoying and pointless. Don't assume that you know the only way to write a story when there are many different ways.
12. I'm quite aware of any and all fics that are "hanging" at the moment. I'm working on all my fics as best as I can and I would appreciate patience and cooperation from my readers. Basically, don't tell me my fics are hanging. Sometimes it takes a lot of time to think of the perfect way for one of them to go.
13. I set my Princess Tutu stories in the modern-day. I do not do this randomly. I feel that there are enough hints in the show that it could at least be a possibility. I do not mind if you do not agree, but please do not act as though my opinion is invalid. There is not a specific time period given for the setting in canon. If it really bothers you, please be aware that I only make mention now and then of a modern device. I really try to keep the old feel of the town.
. . . . Something that really gets me is when fans of the Japanese version of something say that those who like the American version aren't true fans. I am just as much a fan as anyone else!
If, for any reason, you find all these things objectionable, for heaven's sake go read someone else's stories. And if you've actually read all of my rantings, kudos to you!
One final note, concerning mean flames, obscenity, and/or pointless insults: I WILL NOT tolerate such reviews. You will be blocked and your reviews will be reported to FanFiction.net's abuse control. Thank you.
I will also NOT TOLERATE the stealing of my stories. If you are guilty of plagiarism, and refuse to remove the story you copied from me, or if you're suspected to have ripped other people off as well, you will be reported harshly. I can prove that what I wrote came first and I will not hesitate to do it. I will not let my hard work be credited to someone else who was too lazy or not talented enough to come up with their own piece.
Now that I've got that out of my system, let's talk about something else. I've been revising some of my favorite stories of late, as well as parts of a few of the mystery fics. Some of the early ones desperately needed changes and all of them needed more detail. As of April 11th, I have revised the following:
The Disappearing Deejay Dilemma
Cruise of Chaos (mostly minor revisions)
If I Died Tomorrow
Closer Than Brothers
Say Goodbye, Close Your Eyes
I'll Be There
Frantic in Frisco (mostly minor revisions)
Return from the Shadows
There You'll Be
Dance Without Me
Lost Souls Live Not Forever
Candy Clouds (chapter 3 only)
Blow Me Away
In the End (added to the ending scene, and stuck in a sentence or two in the second-to-last)
When the Dark Night Seems Endless (added to the last scene)
So Long and Goodnight (revised and expanded all the way through; this is now a multi-chapter story)
Something Wicked This Way Comes (revised and expanded all along the way)
It's Probably Me (chapter 1 completely overhauled)
Reap the Whirlwind (expanded)
I have also removed the story "Dark Secrets," which was a collaboration that I myself did not write much of. I was mainly the editor, and I supplied dialogue from the characters that I was playing in the RP that inspired the fic, but other than that I was not involved. I do not feel that this story accurately portrays what I like to write, and so it has been taken down.
Unsafe External Link