Author has written 621 stories for Diagnosis Murder, Twice in a Lifetime, DarkWing Duck, Sonic the Hedgehog, DuckTales, M*A*S*H, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Scooby Doo, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokémon, Mega Man, Detective Conan/Case Closed, Final Fantasy VII, Kingdom Hearts, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Sailor Moon, Final Fantasy X-2, Batman, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Princess Tutu, Patty Duke Show, Monk, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, West Side Story, Perry Mason, Monkees, Wild Wild West, Once Upon a Time, Bonanza, Columbo, Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew, Virginian, Man From UNCLE, Emergency, Rockford Files, Garrison's Gorillas, Mannix, Maverick, Riptide, My Little Pony, Persuaders, Big Valley, and Ninja Turtles.
YGO fans, I have decided to put together a site for my new YGO timeline: https:///site/luckyladybugsygo/ There are also mentions of the old timeline and what is and isn't still canon to the new verse.
TMNT 1987 fans, have a look at the website I have that goes in-depth about my fic series and other related content: https:///site/exittheflytmnt1987/
OLD BUT IMPORTANT NOTICES THAT ARE STILL RELEVANT:
I've been plagiarized. An idiot named John Meadows is trying to pass off my Princess Tutu story Think Back on Yesterday on Amazon and Lulu as his own story, entitled Lohengrin. He's selling the thing for over forty dollars, using stolen artwork too, and claims he wrote it in 2001. That alone proves he's a pathetic liar; the Princess Tutu anime wasn't even yet released in 2001!
In the past, at least one of my stories, I've Gone Nowhere, was taken word for word by someone on Deviant Art using the name Soul Calibur Princess (though it has since been removed). She has also stolen other FF7, as well as Soul Calibur, stories in the past, and I am uncertain whether all of them have been removed. Please find a way to let me know if you find any of my stories being posted by anyone claiming it's their own work. I post stories using this account, as well as Insaneladybug and Ladybug Tales on Livejournal. I may still have an account or two on Media Miner and FicWad using either Lucky Ladybug or Lucky Ladybug66. I am LuckyLadybug on Archive of Our Own. On dA my account is Meromeroyui. I will take immediate action upon learning of plagiarism.
I am always bewildered when anonymous people ask me questions in the reviews of finished stories and then don't provide any way for me to contact them and answer. What is it they expect me to do, I wonder? Do they not really want an answer and everything is rhetorical? With a finished story, it isn't as though I can easily answer them in Author's Notes, as I can for a story in progress when I put up new chapters. I like to be able to help people understand what's going on, if they don't get it, but I can't help them if they don't give me a way to contact them! I realize, however, that it can be difficult to post information like email addresses, because this website will automatically block them if they're written like email addresses. But typing them out ("at" instead of the curly A symbol, "dot com" instead of using a period), should make it work. I will always do my best to answer when a method of contact is provided!
Along those lines, I really wish everyone would read the author's notes on each individual story. They're not just taking up random space; they're there for a purpose, such as explaining things that might otherwise be confusing.
Regarding stories that are hanging, and have been for years on end: There is always a chance I'll come back to them. For some, I'm fairly determined to do so eventually. For some others, particularly any and all Detective Conan stories that are hanging, I honestly can't say that anything more will happen with them. I have been having issues with all of the multi-chapter stories for this series, for various reasons. Of all my fandoms, Detective Conan is one I'm not sure I will ever go back to writing for, for reasons of my own. Thank you for your continued interest, but please respect this!
This website has removed the scene dividers of what seems to be any and all fics that do not use either letters or the horizontal lines, the using of which causes our word counts to increase. I apologize profusely for what has been done to my older fics' formatting due to this frustration. I just don't have the time to go back over every one of them and fix it.
Cleaning up my profile after many years. I decided I should probably retain the following notes about my stories:
- Mokuba and Marik are friends. I didn't create this concept, someone else did. I wish I could remember who so I could give proper credit.
- Bakura and his Yami care about each other like brothers.
- I don't write shounen-ai/yaoi, shoujo-ai/yuri, hentai, or incest. I barely write any kind of romance at all, for that matter. I feel that friendships are far more interesting.
- I am a hurt/comfort writer. H/c writers put in a lot of incidents of people getting hurt and the ensuing angst it causes. People who don't like or don't understand this form of writing probably shouldn't even be looking at my stuff. ;)
- For YGO, I use all dub names except Rishid's, mainly because by the time I found out his name was changed he was already a major character in my stories. I also use the name Miruko (instead of Mikey), because I couldn't remember the dub name and Miruko sounds cuter.
- As mentioned, I'm not a big fan of romance, but there are a handful of pairings that I really like right now. Those are:
1. Zack/Aerith (Final Fantasy VII). They're really destined to be, aren't they? He was her first love, she was initially attracted to Cloud because he was acting like Zack and she was reminded of him, and she and Zack both ended up dead and in the afterlife together.
2. Nephrite/Naru (Sailor Moon). Some people may argue that Naru was probably only infatuated, but I can't believe that the Black Crystal would have reacted to an infatuation, nor that such a thing would have saved Nephrite. I like Umino, I think he's cute and that his relationship with Naru is cute, but I still prefer Nephrite/Naru and want it to happen in the fanfic I'm currently overhauling. (And I'll make sure Umino will be happy too.)
3. Seto/Tea (Yu-Gi-Oh!). A pairing I have never been able to get away from and always come back to in spite of the occasional protests of my mind. I believe their interaction in the anime is fascinating and that their differences complement each other.
4. Fakir/Ahiru (Princess Tutu). They are incredible. The way their relationship grows so much over the course of the 26 episodes of this fantastic series is a joy to behold. They go from being enemies to allies to very close friends, and should eventually get together romantically (provided Ahiru becomes human again, of course). They feel so real.
- I set my Princess Tutu stories in the modern-day. I do not do this randomly. I feel that there are enough hints in the show that it could at least be a possibility. I do not mind if you do not agree, but please do not act as though my opinion is invalid. There is not a specific time period given for the setting in canon. If it really bothers you, please be aware that I only make mention now and then of a modern device. I really try to keep the old feel of the town.
- Perry Mason fans, please be aware that Perry Mason does not fit my idea of a period piece. It can easily take place in any time period, and each reinvention of the franchise takes place in what's current to the day. Mine, while focusing on the popular TV series, is always set in the present day. Usually I remember to say this. If I don't, it's still the case. I am not an idiot and there are no anachronisms (unless the higher morals displayed by the good guy characters are an anachronism in today's world of messed-up media). I know exactly what I'm doing! And I do not think it takes away from anything, especially since I bring everything except smoking cigarettes over from the series. As far as I'm concerned, the "noir" feeling remains.
And I should probably also add:
- I've read the YGO manga and own most of it, but prefer the anime on almost everything except Duke's introduction. But I have the highest respect for Kazuki Takahashi, since he created so many of the characters I love so dearly. The anime wouldn't exist without the manga, after all!
- I embrace the YGO dub's localization to America. Always have, always will!
- I write a mix of YGO dub and sub, as sometimes I think the dub did something better and other times I think the sub had it the best way. I am totally in love with dub Lector, for example. More justice-driven than in the sub. And I like that dub Crump doesn't have a dirty mind. But I wish the dub had kept things like Marik being out for revenge (he could have blamed Atem for sending his father to the Shadow Realm, after all) and the Big Five not wanting to hurt or kill Seto in season 1 (and not even setting up the meeting with Pegasus; Pegasus did that himself in the Japanese, after ruining KaibaCorp's reputation).