Author has written 1 story for Inuyasha.
I guess I'm pretty new to fanfiction.net. It took me forever to get my lazy butt to figure out how to upload a fic on this site. lol And months now to write a profile, which was done for a very specific purpose...
I'M LOOKING FOR A BETA READER! (2/4/12)
Here are some details:
- Title of story needing proofing: Fateful Meetings
- It's an Inuyasha alternate universe romance with a Kagome/Sesshomaru pairing
- Other than knowing the Inuyasha characters, you don't need to be super familiar with the original story - I changed their pasts and stuff anyway
- Currently incomplete, but already over 130,000 words
- There's thoroughly romanticized sex in it (as all lemons seem to be) as well as reference to an angsty sexual past
- I'm a sucker for true love that develops slowly (none of that love-at-first-sight bullshit)
- I like happy endings so the story will end well - maybe at ~200k words?
- I do actually have a life outside of fandom so my updates and contacting can be unpredictable (though I'd make the effort to keep a beta informed)
- This is my first fanfiction, but I've seen/read plenty of anime/manga/fanfiction
- I'm not some aspiring Pulitzer prize winner, but I like having different outlets for my creativity (usually it's art)
- I don't mind if someone just straight up tells me something sucks haha - just make sure you tack on a solution or at least point me in the right direction
- I know I'm relatively weak at keeping a consistent voice/tense throughout a piece, and too damn lazy to proofread and catch the shifts
- Ah yes...did I mention I curse? lol...
As for what I'm looking for in a beta:
- I'm in my 20s myself, so I'd appreciate a mature beta as well (so if you're into Justin Bieber...sorry dude but beta someone else...)
- I need help with grammar, voice/tense, punctuation (especially around dialogue), constructions, formatting, etc. - preferably from someone with some formal training in that area. As a native English speaker, I'm not completely inept so I want my beta to have more expertise than I.
- I like someone that's brutally honest with a slice of humor. I, myself, am someone that can be blunt to the point of being offensive to some of the more...delicate personalities out there
- While I know exactly where I'm going with my story, I do want someone telling me if I'm being excessively angsty, or unnecessarily dragging out an arch, etc.
- I want someone that won't take offense if I don't incorporate a suggestion - I do hold some rights to literary freedom, even though I'm no Shakespeare
Alright, that's my "ad" to all betas out there. lol I hope I didn't scare everyone away. I'm actually a mellow, easy-going person. haha Though my boyfriend can second that I'm not the most feminine girl out there. Other than the working on my feminine wiles, I take improving myself very seriously. So please private message me if you're interested in being my beta and more or less satisfy my requirements.
Looking forward to some responses...=P