Author has written 8 stories for Phantom of the Opera, and Sherlock.
Hello everyone! I hope the reason you're looking through my profile is to figure out what and why I write! While I can't really answer that second question, I will attempt to remedy the first. Below is a list of my fanfics and the categories they fall under.
Phantom of the Opera
1. Ink, Invisible, in which a certain Katelienne Laurent travels to the Opera Garnier and meets (after a lot of intrigue and disassembling) the infamous Phantom of the Opera. This is definitely a romance plot with a dash of mystery. It is also complete.
2. Foes, Formidable, in which Katelienne Laurent (now known as Irene Dubois) continues her adventures with the Phantom. Another romance mystery plot, and also complete.
3. Rumors, Reemerging, in which Irene and Erik run into more troubles. I haven't finished this one, and it's unlikely that I will. Sorry to those who come to this point and are forced to turn back. However, I have embarked upon a new fandom:
1. A Fairy Tale Retelling: Sherlock Holmes and the Great Fall. A fairy tale-esque rewrite of The Reichenbach Fall, that wonderfully tragic and amazing finale of the second Sherlock season. (Thank goodness it's started up again and we know everything's as it should be!) This is also complete.
2. Conductivity, a fantasy fanfic in which John Watson has an unusual power. Completely unrelated to the fairy tale fanfic above it. This fanfic does not really mention cases, but it does extend through the first and second seasons of Sherlock, in case anyone's curious. Eight chapters. This one's complete.
3. Resistance, a sequel to Conductivity, in which John and Sherlock wrestle with the knowledge of John's magic. This fanfic occurs somewhere after the second season, but doesn't have Mary in it, so it can be considered AU. (I wrote this way before the third season aired.)
4. Reciprocity, a one-shot set in the Conductivity 'verse, a very short sequel to Resistance. (I recommend reading the above fanfics before reading this one, as you might be confused. No, you will be confused. I'm certain of that.) Complete. I may write more one-shots in the future, but I don't think I'll shelve them under this fanfic, so be on the look-out for new ones.
5. A Different Irene Adler's Victory, quite unlike others I've written in this fandom, and not connected in any way whatsoever to the preceding fics. Shockingly, this story slots very neatly into the third season, if you ignore the extreme prominence of a certain side character. For instance, I wrote Mary almost in the same way Sherlock's writers portrayed her (sort of. You'll see what I mean. I think I got some of her personality down, at least); and I also wrote that Sherlock came back after two years, which he did on the show as well. (I'm very proud of myself, as you can see.) This one is complete.
All right, that's done, and here is where I recommend various authors and things.
Sherlock BBC writers and stories:
Cumberbatch Critter (for fascinating tidbits of John and Sherlock's lives, especially cuteness from Sherlock, read them all)
KCS (for canon accuracy and great friendship fics between John and Sherlock; I recommend In the Forests of the Night and Coming Full Circle)
Haelia (for wonderfully lyrical writing, especially In Good Hands and It's Called a Near Death Experience for a Reason - both this one and its sequels)
Garmonbonzia (for Moriarty's point of view. You should read The Image Given Back, Debt of Trust, and everything else as well)
Flaignhan (for Sherlolly, done beautifully and with realism; read Schoolgirl Crush first, and then all of the others - I also like her Black Widow fics)
Edhla (for her varied and well-done cases, in which John marries Molly and keeps working with Sherlock as well; I love how she incorporates real-life cases into her stories. Recommendations: After the Fall, Powder Burns, Smoke and Mirrors - this last one's her most recent)
I also highly recommend A Wandering Minstrel(check out her awesome Skyfall/Sherlock crossovers!), ivywatcher(Ballade of Truisms), and cathedral carver, for the terribly wrenching and astounding fic, And all my pirates share the grave. Go forth, and read!
Various fics that I love, all thrown together and in no particular order:
1. The One Where John Goes on Conference, by Jennistar1. [Very funny. (Sherlock)]
2. A Brief Account of Life with Zombies, SilverPard. [Hilarious. You'll see what I mean. (Sherlock)]
3. Speak Through, SpiritBearr. [Brutal and touching. (Star Trek: Original Series)]
4. White Knight, Starlightlovesya123. [Pitch-perfect. (Batman)]
5. Different Kinds, Alone Dreaming. [Very well done. (Star Trek: 2009)]
6. Panic Room, clair beaubien. [It's Dean and Sam. What else can I say? (Supernatural]
7. Archenemy, Haiza Tyri. [Compelling one-shots of Mycroft and his brother. (Sherlock)]
8. Empty Houses, TheUmbrellaSeller. [Searing and wonderful. (Sherlock)]
9. Winter Bourne, TealMoon. [A fascinating look at Bourne and Nicky. (The Bourne Identity films)]
10. The One-Shot: A Knife and a Needle, Motaki. [A portrayal of John with a very interesting type of magic. (Sherlock)]
11. More Than One Kind of Warmth, KimberlyTheOwl. [Kind and realistic, a great friendship fic. (Sherlock)]
12. Good-byes, quickreaver. [Sad, illuminating, consoling; Castiel and the boys. And there's a sequel! (Supernatural)]
13. this condition is neurotic Nilly's Issue. [Heartbreaking, inspiring, a great look at Steve. (Avengers)]
14. And A Doctor, StillWaters1. [Because John's a doctor, too. (Sherlock)]
15. Feeling Electric, ProfessorSpork. [Fascinating TenRose AU. With comic books! (Doctor Who)]
16. You do not have to walk on your knees, Min Daae. [Loki, Loki, and more Loki (yes!!). (Avengers)]
17. Sparks Across The Sky, The Circus. [John and Sherlock friendship. Absolutely lovely. (Sherlock)]
18. The Deaf and the Blind and the Color Red, Rayndrop. [A intricate and fast-paced Sherlolly, set mostly during the hiatus. (Sherlock)]
19. I'm Leaving Tomorrow (What Do You Say), Ultra-Geek. [I laughed through this whole fic, and loved McCoy's characterization! (Star Trek: 2009)]
I might update this list from time to time, but if none of these appeal to you, I suggest you look through my faves. Beware, though, there's lots.
Coquillage Atlas :)
Unsafe External Link