Poll: What do you think of Luna Lovegood? Vote Now!
Author has written 8 stories for Lord of the Flies, and Harry Potter.
STORY UPDATES 13th January 2015:
Consequences of a Shattered Mind - Chapter 3 is kind of done, but I'm kind of trying to separate this story from an already over 30,000 words original story I have been working on over the last few years. Not sure whether I can post anything in the near future...
Harry Potter and the Voracious Vampire - Chapter 3 - though short - is up, Chapter 4 is nearly halfway done.
The Obliviator's Mask - this is nearly finished, but it's sad and fluffy, so I'm still waiting for just the right end. I might have to change chapter 3 before that, so I can't post it yet depending on what I decide.
I Knew, I Saw, I Was. - in the works, but slow going. Focusing on the other stories first, because this was supposed to be a one shot at first.
Okay, so I love reading and think that the Harry Potter-series is the best thing ever happened to our world - "Hail Rowling!" - except, maybe, the invention of chocolate. Some of my other favourite books and series are: Pillars of the Earth, World Without End, Twilight, Fountainhead, Atlas Shrugged, His Dark Materials, books by Meg Cabot, Tintenwelt (German), Drachenreiter(German), and Die Brüder Löwenherz(German).
If you ever forgot your name when some one asks for it copy this into your profile (- and tell me about it in a PM - we can reminisce and have fun conversations together ;) ) !
If you are one of these people who wonder how it can be that even stories that exceed 50,000 words continue to have more followers then reviews when you yourself have already reviewed at least twice, copy this into your profile.
My favourite quotes from everywhere...
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that? (M. Adducci)
He who has a strong enough why to live for, can bear almost any how. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders. – Jewish Proverb
Practical politics consists in ignoring facts.(Henry Brooks Adams)
Blaise Pascal wrote, “I would have written you a shorter letter, but I did not have the time."
"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are Footprints on the moon…" (Anonymous)
Oderint, dum metuant. -- Let them hate, so long as they fear. (Accius)
"Everyone lives bound by their own knowledge and awareness. They define that as reality. But knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives in their own subjective interpretation, don't you think?" (Uchiha Itachi, Naruto)
"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer." (Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn)
"Hey, guys, sorry I'm late; I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life." (Hatake Kakashi, Naruto)
Alice came to a fork in the road. 'Which road do I take?' she asked.
"No." he [Harry] said thoughtfully. "I'd have to say Fate is a big guy in leather on a Harley fresh out of prison and he wants me as his bitch." - "Oh, what a pleasant thought." Lucius quipped. "Then we can send Fate back to prison for pedophilia and make our own destiny." (Mistress Nika, fanfiction, Curse of Fate - my absolute favourite - best fanfic ever written, even though not entirely finished.) https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2703901/1/Curse-of-Fate
To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.
"if you prick us doe we not bleede? if you tickle us doe we not laugh? if you poison us doe we not die? and if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst a cause, but, since I am a dog, beware my fangs. The Merchant of Venice
"Weepe I cannot, But my heart bleedes." The Winters Tale
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
"In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep."
“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
Favourite Music Video by far:
Concrete Angel by Martina McBride
Share this if you're against ChildAbuse - saddest music video I've ever seen...
A girl had this on her ff.net profile, and I just found it so awesome that I had to have it here, too. I am a completely hetero female, as I discovered when making out with two different girls, which was just weird, but I have gay & bisexual friends and family members. I think it's an important issue, and I just love how the following statements are supportive and still light and funny:
Ten Reasons Why Gay Marriages Are Wrong (A Little Humor)
Other Interesting and Nice Quotes:
1) The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. (Lynn Lavner)
2) My lesbianism is an act of Christian charity. All those women out there praying for a man, and I'm giving them my share. (Rita Mae Brown)
3)Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law. (Boethius, The Consolation of Philosophy, A.D. 524)
4) If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." (Robin Tyler)
5) No government has the right to tell its citizens when or whom to love. The only queer people are those who don't love anybody. (Rita Mae Brown, speech, 28 August 1982)
6) "You could move." Abigail Van Buren, "Dear Abby," in response to a reader who complained that a gay couple was moving in across the street and wanted to know what he could do to improve the quality of the neighbourhood
7) There's this illusion that homosexuals have sex and heterosexuals fall in love. That's completely untrue. Everybody wants to be loved. (Boy George)
8) In itself, homosexuality is as limiting as heterosexuality: the ideal should be to be capable of loving a woman or a man; either, a human being, without feeling fear, restraint, or obligation. (Simone de Beauvoir)
9) Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night. (Woody Allen)
10) The important thing is not the object of love, but the emotion itself. (Gore Vidal)
11) Pronouns make it hard to keep our sexual orientation a secret when our co-workers ask us about our weekend. "I had a great time with... them." Great! Now they don't think you're queer - just a big slut! (Judy Carter)
12) My mom blames California for me being a lesbian. "Everything was fine until you moved out there." "That's right, Mom, we have mandatory lesbianism in West Hollywood. The Gay Patrol busted me, and I was given seven business days to add a significant amount of flannel to my wardrobe. (Coley Sohn)
13) If Michelangelo had been straight, the Sistine Chapel would have been wallpapered. (Robin Tyler)
14) Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. (Dr. Seuss)
15) Jesus had two dads and he turned out fine. - (Protestors)
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||Slytherin Politics or/and The Anti-Muggle Arena|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|