Author has written 8 stories for Portal.
Hello! So... I guess this is the spot where I write about myself and not fictional characters! Well, there's not much to tell. My pen name's obviously not my real name, my picture obviously isn't of me and... yeah. That sounds about right! Oh yeah, I'm a huge Portal fan and want to play some more of the Valve video games soon! I'm trying to get Half-Life so wish me luck!
Some of My Favorite GLaDOS Quotes
- While it has been a faithful companion, your Companion Cube cannot accompany you through the rest of the tests. If it could talk, and the Enrichment Center takes this opportunity to remind you that it cannot, it would tell you to go on without it because it would rather die in a fire than become a burden to you.
- THAT'S YOU! That's how dumb you sound!
- There really was a cake...
- Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said "Goodbye!" and you were like "NO WAY" and then I was all "We pretended we were going to murder you!" That was great...
- That thing is probably some raw sewage container. Go ahead and rub your face all over it.
- Maybe you should marry that thing since you love it so much. Do you want to marry it? WELL I WON'T LET YOU! How does that feel?
- Good news. I figured out what that thing you just incinerated did. It was a Morality Core they installed after I flooded the Enrichment Center with a deadly neurotoxin to make me stop flooding the Enrichment Center with a deadly neurotoxin. So get comfortable while I warm up the neurotoxin emitters
- When I said deadly neurotoxin the "deadly" was in massive sarcasim quotes. I could take a bath in this stuff, put on cereal, rub it right into my eyes, honestly it's not deadly at all. To me.
- 22 is... 10... IN BASE FOUR. I'm fine!
- I'm afraid you're about to become the immediate past president of the Being Alive Club. Ha ha.
- Look, we both said a lot of things you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster.
- Wait. This next test does require some explanation. Let me give you the fast version: awpeofiajdfojasdfjaowefjlakdagh. There. If you have any questions just remember what I said in slow motion.
- The Aerial Faith Plate in here is sending a distress signal... you broke it didn't you?
- Oh, hi. So how are you holding up. BECAUSE I'M A POTATO.
- Oh, hi. Say... you're good at murder. Could you -OW!- murder this bird for me?
- AGH! BIRD! BIRD! KILL IT! IT'S EVIL!
- BURNING PEOPLE! He says what we're all thinking!!!
- I know we're in a lot of trouble and about to die but that was worth it.
- I thought you were my greatest enemy when all along you were my best friend.
As you can tell, I love the character of GLaDOS. She's such a great villain and complex character! She's what made Portal so fun to play! So I like to include her in my fanfics; I just hope I can write her well! Something you should probably know about my writing is that I don't do pairings. I'm very bad at them and they also sound awkward and uncomfortable. Honestly, I just enjoy exploring the relationships between characters from a less romantic aspect. And I really can't see any of the characters I write getting together. It works better for some authors, but for me... not so much.
One of my biggest fears when I'm writing is that I'll write someone out-of-character. This is one of the main reasons why don't write Wheatley a lot; he either comes off as too stupid or too... un-Wheatley when I try to put him in my fanfics! That's also one of the many reasons why I don't pair him with Chell. But don't worry! There are a boatload of really good fics with Wheatley in it to keep you entertained! And who knows? Maybe I'll get daring and try to write him in the future! But for now I'm really enjoying writing GLaDOS but again there's always that small fear in the back of my mind that she'll get out-of-character too. Well... better to be self-conscious than oblivious, right?
Usually when I'm writing a chapter I try to outline the basic plot, how it'll relate to the next chapter, and how it will drive the plot forward. Then I get to writing! Something I'm starting to notice is that my writing is getting to be very long. It's not in the 7,000-8,000 word territory but it's still a lot longer than I ever plan for it to be! But I feel like I have to make it that long; it's the only way I can ever get my point across! I'm just not good at making myself clear in less words... oh well?
Anyways, I feel like I always have a thousand story ideas running through my head, and maybe someday I'll be able to write them all down!