Author has written 25 stories for Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Book Thief, and Maximum Ride.
here's to the misfits, the outcasts, the dreamers,the freaks, the pessimists, and the introverts.
there is always light, even in the darkest of times.
Hi! My name's Violet Sky- welcome to my profile!
I'm seventeen in a month, live somewhere west of the Canadian prairies, go to high school, and want to be an archeologist or a history teacher sometime after that. I also travel a lot- and because of it, the first thing I ever really wrote was my travel journal. My ten-year-old humor was pure gold.
I also read a lot. That's all I do for my spares at school, and it is the best part of my day.
But mostly, I write. I write all the time and do because I love it! I didn't realize that until Grade 8 or 9 when my friends came to me for writing advice, and have been doing it ever since.
My writing schedule is wonky. Inspiration comes at the stupidest times for me- sometimes I publish four chapter in ten minutes or maybe one every week or so. It's weird, I know. But keep in mind that I write because I like to, and try to keep it that way. If it's not coming easily for me, the writing will be terrible. I think the best thing I've learned on this site is that writing is for you, not for anyone else. Others can see it, but everything you write should be a tiny reflection of you. If it's not, you're not writing for the right purpose.
I graciously accept and give reviews- I think it's a two-way street. I appreciate every one I've gotten, and really enjoy thanking you and answering any questions that you have. Don't hesitate! If you ever need something answered, feel free to PM me.
Another thing to add- I'm a follower of God. I'm a Christian, go to church, and try my very best to live that life to the full. I'm not going to shove my own religion down your throat in anything I write or say in an authors note, because I personally think it's the wrong way to go. But I'm putting it out there, and I'm not ashamed to put it here. Simple as that.
1. First name
-Take a guess. If in doubt, go with Violet.
2. Lefty or righty?
3. When did you last cry?
-Yesterday. I fell off my bike and smoked my everything on the pavement.
And I broke my sunglasses!
4. Do you like your handwriting?
-When I take the time to write neatly.
5. What's your favourite genre?
-eventually, but I'm 17 so no.
7. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
-If I found another me, I would run and hide.
8. Do you have a journal?
-I have a travel journal. And I can keep track of what's going on through authors notes on love me.
9. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
10. Do you still have your tonsils?
11. Would you bungee jump?
12. What is your favorite cereal?
-Captain Crunch or Froot Loops.
13. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
14. Do you think you are strong?
-For the amount I excercise, definitely not.
15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
16. Shoe size
17. Red or pink?
-Eh. Can't decide.
18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
-my social courage (let's call it that anyways.)
19. Who do you miss the most?
-Nobody. I'm good.
20. Do you want everyone to send this back to you?
21. What color pants and shirt are you wearing?
-A blue tank top and yellow shorts.
22. Last thing you ate?
23. What are you listening to right now?
-Touch the Sky, from the Brave soundtrack.
24. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
-Ocean colored blue.
25. Favorite smell?
26. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
27. The first thing you notice about people you are attracted to?
-Their smile and sarcasm abilities.
28. Favourite place?
-Either Radium, BC or Maui.
29. Favorite drinks?
-I really like raspberry lemonade. And carmel macchiatos.
30. Favorite sport?
-Soccer, football and kickball. I love watching hockey though.
31. Eye color?
32. Hat size?
-About the smallest one there is.
33. Do you wear contacts?
34. Favorite food?
-Whatever my Oma or Grandma cooks.
35. Last movie you watched at home (a VHS or DVD that you own)?
36. Last movie you watched at the theater?
-Sea of Monsters
37. What color shirt are you wearing?
-Blue/grey (I thought we discussed this already)
38. Summer or Winter?
-Depends if it's summer or winter. Usually summer though, because it really does not last long. *sob*
39. Hugs or kisses?
40. Favorite dessert?
-Grandmas chocolate cake or pie.
41. Who is most likely to respond?
-To me? Probably my brother.
42. Least likely to?
-I've never had someone completely ignore me before. At least, I hope not.
43. What books are you reading?
-Battle of the Labyrinth
44. What’s on your mousepad?
45. What did you watch last night on TV?
46. Favorite sounds?
-Waves. A dry-wood fire.
47. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
48. Furthest you’ve been from home?
-Israel, or maybe Costa Rica. Both were really really really far away.
49. What’s your special talent?
-Wasn't aware I had one.
50. When and where were you born?
-My hometown, and on May 14, '96
51. What is the most romantic thing someone has done for you?
-A boy in grade 10 followed me to my locker and asked me out once. Romantic in a freaky/awkward sort of way.
52. What was your proudest childhood moment?
-I remember climbing this mountain when I was little, all the way to the top, way before my parents got there. I was like 5.
53. Stay home or go out?
-Stay home (why go out when my computers at home?)
54. Favorite movie?
-Too many to choose.
55. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
56. Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
-Trying to write a Love Me. Jamming out on my guitar.
57. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
58. If you could live in another time period, when and where would it be?
-Either the 1920's, or eighth century Norway.
59. Can you play any instruments?
-Guitar, I used to play piano though.
60. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
-The music I'm playing. My ceiling fan. Miscellaneous bugs.
61. When did you last step outside?
-This evening. I was watering the garden and feeding peas to my dog.
62. When did you first write something substantial?
-When I was fifteen, in my closet: which was the only quiet place while my new house was getting built. I wrote a Percy Jackson one shot.
63. Did you dream last night?
64. Do you remember your dreams?
65. When did you last laugh?
-This evening, when I smoked my mom's butt at Racko.
66. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
-Not a lot. A cork board with random crap on it, a bracket above my bed with dream written on it.
67. Seen anything weird lately?
-Yeah, Identity Thief. That movie weirded me out.
68. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
69. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
-all the fees for University! And a laptop. And maybe a Jeep.
70. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
-End discrimination and promote global inter-continuity.
71. Do you like to dance?
72. Would you ever consider living abroad?
-Maybe. I like traveling.
73. Does your name make any interesting anagrams?
-It spells a bad word backwards. I remember bragging about it in elementary.
74. Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
-A wrong number.
75. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
-A Harry Potter plot idea.
76. Last time you swam in a pool?
-Two weeks ago at outdoor pool for a Youth outing.
77. Type of music you like most?
-Folk and country.
78. Type of music you dislike most?
-Music that turns into noise. Like rap or techno. *shivers*
79. Are you listening to music right now?
-Yep. Angels Fall Down, by Skillet
80. What color is your bedroom carpet?
-I have hardwood in my room.
81. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
-Make the ceilings higher. Add some exposed beams.
82. What was the last thing you bought?
-A water-squirting game at a festival.
83. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
84. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
85. Do you have a garden?
-Yeah, I love it. Me and my dad planted it.
86. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
-Definitely. *mentally singing Oh Canada*
87. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
-Checking my email.
88. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
-Taylor Swift. Or Jennifer Lawrence. Both are equally fantastic.
89. Who sent the last text message you received?
-My friend Kaylin.
90. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
-Probably a home decorating store.
91. What time is bed time?
- I try for 9ish when I have to wake up for school. Before midnight otherwise.
92. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
-No, but I modeled for the Brick when I was eight.
93. Are you a good cook?
-I like to think so.
94. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
-Laura Ingalls Wilder.
95. How are you feeling right now?
-Fine. How are you?
96. If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?
-A cultural Anthropologist.
97. How many keys on your key ring?
-None. I don't leave the house.
98. Where did you grow up?
-Western Canada. A big-ish city.
99. Do you have pets?
-yeah, a big black dog
100. How many rings before you answer the phone?
-Depends if I know it's ringing. Hope that tells you more about me! Thanks for reading (and sending one back? :)
My stories that are still being updated...
Love Me: This one gets updated every couple of days, and if you've read it, you'll see why! Each chapter is different- sometimes in writing style or format (I've done everything from free-verse to entire ten page scenes on this one) but every one is based on and includes a letter from one character to another in the Harry Potter world. I gratefully accept requests for love me and will take any suggestions you have to offer. As I said before- this one has practically everything Harry Potter.
Smile: It's the End of the World: This one is a little trickier to explain. I had the idea of 'literatures best heroes' getting together to save the world for a long time, but finally managed to make a plan for it. Don't worry, I haven't abandoned it, although I haven't updated in a while. I will finish it, and am really looking forward to it. These chapters are fairly structured and will be a long one coming. But whenever I get a second to sit down with my notes, another chapter will be up.
Tears to Roses/When We Were Young: This one is my only chaptered Harry Potter story, and is based on the Marauders era. As of last summer, I made the decision to put it on hiatus and edit and pick up where I left off when I finished all that. Like Smile, updates for chaptered stories take a while for me to write up, but believe me in saying that I don't want this one to be unfinished forever.
Thank you so much, all of you. All of you who have read my stuff and bother to keep up with these rambling profiles. It's so cool, and I'm so glad to be involved in something as special and unique as Fanfiction. Thank you again!