Author has written 29 stories for Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Book Thief, Avengers, and Maximum Ride.
here's to the misfits, the outcasts, the dreamers,the freaks, the pessimists, and the introverts.
there is always light, even in the darkest of times.
Hi! My name's Violet Sky- welcome to my profile!
I'm nineteen, fresh out of my first year university, avid Harry Potter lover and completely addicted to Pinterest. I live somewhere west of the Canadian prairies, and travel a lot- and because of it, the first thing I ever really wrote was my travel journal, which I started when I was eleven.
I also read a lot, (or try to) when I'm not doing that, I'm writing. I hit a slump for about six months and am just getting out of it now, hence the HUGE break between chapters in Love Me. The last chapter is coming (about 3/4 of the way done, actually) and considering that I just passed the 9K mark, its by far the longest chapter. You guys are gonna love it.
But mostly, I write. I write all the time and do because I love it! I didn't realize that until Grade 8 or 9 when my friends came to me for writing advice, and have been doing it ever since.
My writing schedule is wonky. Inspiration comes at the stupidest times for me- sometimes I publish four chapter in ten minutes or maybe one every week or so. It's weird, I know. But keep in mind that I write because I like to, and try to keep it that way. If it's not coming easily for me, the writing will be terrible. I think the best thing I've learned on this site is that writing is for you, not for anyone else. Others can see it, but everything you write should be a tiny reflection of you. If it's not, you're not writing for the right purpose.
I graciously accept and give reviews- I think it's a two-way street. I appreciate every one I've gotten, and really enjoy thanking you and answering any questions that you have. Don't hesitate! If you ever need something answered, feel free to PM me.
Another thing to add- I'm a follower of God. I'm a Christian, go to church, and try my very best to live that life to the full. I'm not going to shove my own religion down your throat in anything I write or say in an authors note, because I personally think it's the wrong way to go. But I'm putting it out there, and I'm not ashamed to put it here. Simple as that.
Archive of Our Own:
1. First name
-Take a guess. If in doubt, go with Violet.
2. Lefty or righty?
3. When did you last cry?
-Yesterday. I fell off my bike and smoked my everything on the pavement.
And I broke my sunglasses!
4. Do you like your handwriting?
-When I take the time to write neatly.
5. What's your favourite genre?
-eventually, but I'm 19 so no.
7. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
-If I found another me, I would run and hide.
8. Do you have a journal?
-I have a travel journal. And I can keep track of what's going on through authors notes on love me.
9. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
10. Do you still have your tonsils?
11. Would you bungee jump?
12. What is your favorite cereal?
-Captain Crunch or Froot Loops.
13. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
14. Do you think you are strong?
-For the amount I excercise, definitely not.
15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
16. Shoe size
17. Red or pink?
-Eh. Can't decide.
18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
-my social courage (let's call it that anyways.)
19. Who do you miss the most?
-My roommates :(((
20. Do you want everyone to send this back to you?
21. What color pants and shirt are you wearing?
-A blue tank top and yellow shorts.
22. Last thing you ate?
23. What are you listening to right now?
-Touch the Sky, from the Brave soundtrack.
24. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
-Ocean colored blue.
25. Favorite smell?
26. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
27. The first thing you notice about people you are attracted to?
-Their smile and sarcasm abilities.
28. Favourite place?
-Either Radium, BC or Maui.
29. Favorite drinks?
-I really like raspberry lemonade. And carmel macchiatos.
30. Favorite sport?
-Soccer, football and kickball. I love watching hockey though.
31. Eye color?
32. Hat size?
-About the smallest one there is.
33. Do you wear contacts?
34. Favorite food?
-Whatever my Oma or Grandma cooks.
35. Last movie you watched at home (a VHS or DVD that you own)?
-the second Thor
36. Last movie you watched at the theater?
-Age of Ultron
37. What color shirt are you wearing?
-Blue/grey (I thought we discussed this already)
38. Summer or Winter?
-Depends if it's summer or winter. Usually summer though, because it really does not last long.
39. Hugs or kisses?
40. Favorite dessert?
-Fresh pie (yum)
41. Who is most likely to respond?
42. Least likely to?
-I've never had someone completely ignore me before. At least, I hope not.
43. What books are you reading?
-The Odyssey, Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and about ten thousand fanfictions
44. What’s on your mousepad?
45. What did you watch last night on TV?
46. Favorite sounds?
-Waves. A dry-wood fire.
47. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
48. Furthest you’ve been from home?
-Israel, which was really really really far away.
49. What’s your special talent?
-Writing? I guess? Not a lot of people know I'm a writer
50. When and where were you born?
-My hometown, and on May 14
51. What is the most romantic thing someone has done for you?
-A boy in grade 10 followed me to my locker and asked me out once. Romantic in a freaky/awkward sort of way.
52. What was your proudest childhood moment?
-I remember climbing this mountain when I was little, all the way to the top, way before my parents got there. I was like 5.
53. Stay home or go out?
-Stay home (why go out when my computers at home?)
54. Favorite movie?
-Too many to choose.
55. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
56. Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
-Making lunch, packing for Mexico
57. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
58. If you could live in another time period, when and where would it be?
-Either the 1920's, or eighth century Norway.
59. Can you play any instruments?
-Guitar, I used to play piano though.
60. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
-The music I'm playing. My ceiling fan. Miscellaneous bugs.
61. When did you last step outside?
-This evening. I was watering the garden and feeding peas to my dog.
62. When did you first write something substantial?
-When I was fifteen, in my closet: which was the only quiet place while my new house was getting built. I wrote a Percy Jackson one shot.
63. Did you dream last night?
64. Do you remember your dreams?
65. When did you last laugh?
-This evening, when I smoked my mom's butt at Racko.
66. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
-Not a lot. A cork board with random crap on it, a bracket above my bed with dream written on it.
67. Seen anything weird lately?
-Yeah, Identity Thief. That movie weirded me out.
68. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
69. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
-First off, I'd pay for all the fees for University, the rest into savings.
70. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
-End discrimination and promote global inter-continuity.
71. Do you like to dance?
72. Would you ever consider living abroad?
-Maybe. I like traveling.
73. Does your name make any interesting anagrams?
74. Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
75. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
-A whole bunch of Disney music
76. Last time you swam in a pool?
-Two weeks ago at outdoor pool for a Youth outing.
77. Type of music you like most?
-Folk and country.
78. Type of music you dislike most?
-Music that turns into noise.
79. Are you listening to music right now?
-Yep, of Monsters and Men
80. What color is your bedroom carpet?
-I have hardwood in my room.
81. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
-Make the ceilings higher. Add some exposed beams.
82. What was the last thing you bought?
83. Have you ever ridden on a motorbike?
84. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
85. Do you have a garden?
-Yeah, I love it. Me and my dad planted it.
86. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
87. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
-Checking my email.
88. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
-Taylor Swift. Or Jennifer Lawrence. Both are equally fantastic.
89. Who sent the last text message you received?
90. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
-Probably a home decorating store.
91. What time is bed time?
- I try for 9ish when I have to wake up for school. Before midnight otherwise.
92. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
-No, but I modeled for the Brick when I was eight.
93. Are you a good cook?
-I like to think so.
94. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
-Laura Ingalls Wilder.
95. How are you feeling right now?
-Fine. How are you?
96. If you could have any job, what would you want to do/be?
-A cultural Anthropologist.
97. How many keys on your key ring?
98. Where did you grow up?
-Western Canada. A big-ish city.
99. Do you have pets?
-yeah, a big black dog
100. How many rings before you answer the phone?
-Depends if I know it's ringing. Hope that tells you more about me! Thanks for reading (and sending one back? :)
My stories that are still being updated...
The Cottage on the North Sea, a new chapter every Wednesday
One Day: the follow up piece to Love Me, with longer chapters and more ideas. Check it out!
What Death has Touched: Three perspectives on two days, fifteen deaths and one monstrous betrayal of October 1981, the night Lily and James died. Chapter 2 is up!
Thank you so much, all of you. All of you who have read my stuff and bother to keep up with these rambling profiles. It's so cool, and I'm so glad to be involved in something as special and unique as Fanfiction.