Author has written 5 stories for Law and Order: SVU, Supernatural, and NCIS.
Hi, I'm Kirsty.
I am an immense movie fan. I am never further than 10 feet from a book, and have so many bookmarks I could use them to wallpaper my bedroom walls. I love to write and I am often swamped in mountains of papers. I usually get an idea for a story and go in to overdrive, often completing a few chapters at a time, or at very least, an entire plan of characters, plot and end result. I can obsess over several stories at a time but always have a clear idea of what I want to achieve within the story and what I want to include. I'm currently studying Forensic Science at University but still dedicate my downtime to writing and fandoms. I need writing equipment, chocolate, books and DVDs to keep me happy.
I am a major shipper of several shows/movies and pairings.
NCIS- Tiva (Diehard)
Doctor Who- Doctor/Rose
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit -Elliot/Olivia (MAJORLY!)
CSI:Crime Scene Investigation- Sara/Nick
True Blood- Sookie/Eric
Supernatural- I don't have any fixed ships for Supernatural (I actually detest the two predominant ships in this fandom) and prefer fics in a similar format to the show. Anything that's sentimental or heartfelt about the brothers :)
Quotes I live by:
Kyle Reece (Terminator, 1984, Terminator 2:Judgement Day 1991) "The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
My own Gibbs Rule: "When in trouble, go to Gibbs." (Considered this when watching Bloodbath, Gibbs- "Why didn't you come to me, Abby?") If only this was possible :)
Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean) "Not all treasure is silver and gold..."
Sydney Lumet (12 Angry Men) "Freedom is never having to say you're sorry." (I'm sure Gibbs would agree _)
Titanic, Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio) "I figure life is a gift and I don't intend on wasting it."
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban, Dumbledore "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban, Dumbledore "In dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own."
Harry Potter & Goblet of Fire, Mad-Eye Moody "Nothing like a nighttime stroll to give you ideas."
F. Scott Fitzgerald "You don't write because you want to say something; you write because you have something to say."
Charles Dickens "We need never be ashamed of our tears."
JKR "I write what I want to write. I write what amuses me."
Edmond Locard (Pioneer of Forensic Science) (Paraphrased) "Every contact leaves a trace." Although this is in context of forensic evidence, I believe every experience you go through influences what you write and how you write, even if you don't notice it. Having said this, I try to embrace the good experiences and let them enhance what I write, rather than letting detrimental bad experiences in.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE AN AUTHOR IF...
You talk to yourself a lot.
You talk to yourself about talking to yourself.
When you talk to yourself you often talk to yourself like you're talking to someone else.
You live off of sugar and caffine
People think you're insane. (I prefer to call it as "different" or "unique")
You can't go anywhere without a pen and paper. (Why would you NOT have them; what if you get an idea on the go? o_O Inspiration strikes anywhere and everywhere x)
You'll check your e-mail every day of the week one week, and then dissappear off the face of the earth the next.
You're e-mails tend to be pages long and incredibly random.
No matter where you are in a room you never have to get up to find a pen/pencil and paper.
The letters on your keyboard are wearing off.
Your friends and family think that you have carpal tunnel syndrome.
You constantly start talking in third person, present or past tense.
You spend more time in libraries, or your own at home, than Hermione Granger.
You wish that a fictional character was real.
You have ever been called a bookworm and are proud of it.
And FINALLY, the one way to tell if you're a good writer: You believe in yourself and what you write.
THINGS I'M NOT TO DO AT HOGWARTS!
1) I will not sing "we're off to see the wizard" when sent to the Headmaster's office.
2) I will not refer to the Accio charm as "the Force".
3) I will not bring a Magic Eight Ball to Divination class.
4) I will not start every potion's class by asking Snape if the potion is acceptable as Body Lotion
5) I will not make any jokes about Lupin and his "time of the month".
6) I will not give Hagrid Pokemon cards and convince him they're real creatures.
7) I am not allowed to make lightsaber sounds with my wand.
8) I will not dress up as Voldemort on Halloween
9) If the thought of a spell makes me giggle for more than 15 seconds, assume that I am not allowed to use it.
10) I am not allowed to claim that growing marijuana or hallucinogenic mushrooms is "Extra Herbology Work".
YOU KNOW YOU'RE ADDICTED TO SVU WHEN...
1. You can recite the opening of the show with your eyes closed.
2. You know that "I'd give you my kidney" means "I love you" in EO language.
3. You can tell which episode and/or season it is based on Olivia's hairstyle.
4. There's EO tension on screen and you just scream- "JUST KISS!"
5. You had a mental break down when Elliot kissed Beck.
6. You threw things and yelled "Kathy is your EX-wife! Thats why the EX is there!!" when Elliot slept with Kathy.
7. You found out Kathy got pregnant, you said more curse words than a sailor.
8. You have the "Dun Dun!" as a ringtone.
9. You watched "The Love Guru" just because he says Mariska Hargitay cameos.
10. You mistakenly call SUV's, SVU's.
I am the girl that doesn't go to school dances, I would rather I sit in a corner and read a book.
I am the girl that people look through when I say something.
I am the girl that spends most of her free time reading, writing, or doing other activities that most teenagers wouldn't call normal.
I am the girl that people call weird and a freak either behind my back or to my face.
BUT I am also the girl who knows and is proud to be who she is,
Doesn’t care if people call her weird (it's a compliment),
Who loves reading and writing and doing the things that no one seems to have the time to do any more.
I am the girl who loves and is obsessed with Fanfiction,
Who can express herself better with words than actions,
Who doesn't need a guy to complete her,
And knows the importance of the little things.
Unsafe External Link