Author has written 4 stories for Harry Potter.
My name is Amanda Wright and I live in Fresno, California. I stumbled onto this site when I was doing reserch for a persuasive speech about Harry Potter. I immediatly fell in love and after reading a few (okay many stories) I decided to take a wack at it too. I have always wanted to be a "wrighter" and figure I can build up my confidence and technique here.
*7/23/12: I just got sorted on Pottermore and I got Slytherin. I'm so proud of myself!*
Disclaimer for all stories: They are not mine and never will be. The charaters that is, I can claim the plots!
Favourite Disclaimers I've found:
1. I own everything, I really do. I am god! Well a girl can dream can't she? OK, I own nothing.
2. I own nothing but Draco's boxers! Hehehehehe
3. Hi, my name is Joanne Rowling and I write HP books but in my spare time, I write fanfiction because I have sooo much spare time that I need something to fill it! God forbid I should get my next book out in under 2 years! Hehehe ... Yeh OK its not mine.
4. If I owned Harry Potter, I'd have a lightning scar shaped swimming pool… but I don't own it so ill have to dream.
5. I won't pay a fine because it ain't mine!
6. I don't own any of this stuff, but I shall own the snowball I'm going to put in my freezer today!
7. I do not own, nor am I in any way associated with, Harry Potter. JKR owns all, I'm just taking her characters out for a spin.
8. Harry Potter doesn't belong to me, though if Draco comes on sale I'm going to be first in line! ;)
9. I do not own Harry Potter unless flying pigs take over the world, but pigs aren't that smart.
10. If I owned Harry Potter, the series probably would not be in the finished state that it currently is in.
11. If you want to give me Draco I'm sure as hell not going to complain. But currently I own nothing having to do with Harry Potter except for my books.
12. If I owned this would I be writing this? Hell no I would be up in my mansion drinking coke and having little slaves doing everything for me. (just kidding).
13. I own my horrible Algebra II Honors final grade that should soon be arriving, but I don't own the magnificent Harry Potter. Do you think Rowling might like to do a switch?
14. I am not trying to pose as the creator of Harry Potter. Even attempting it is just ridiculous. Not even an Alzheimer patient would believe that.
15. And everything belongs to the Goddess that is Her Majesty, Queen JK Rowling. I'm just making her characters do stuff that she probably wouldn't approve of.
Remember when getting HIGH meant swinging at a playground?
Remember when the worst thing you could get from a boy was COOTIES?
Remember when MOM was your hero?
Remember when DAD was the boy you were going to marry?
Remember when your WORST ENEMIES were your brothers and sisters?
Remember when RACE ISSUES were about who ran the fastest?
Remember when WAR was a card game?
Remember when the only thing you had to worry about was finishing your HOMEWORK?
Remember when all you wanted to do was GROW UP?
My Favourite Quotes form Harry Potter:
1. "Do not pitty the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all else, pity those who live without love." (HPDH-722)
2. "I never know," Harry called to Hagrid over the noise of the cart, "what's the difference between a stalagmite and a stalactite?" - "Stalagmite's got an 'm' in it," said Hagrid. (HPSS-55)
3. "You will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me. You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it" (HPCS- 263-264)
CERTAIN THINGS I HATE WHEN READING STORIES
1. I hate it when the Author's Notes are longer than the actual chapter.
2. I hate it when there are Author's Notes in the middle of the chapter.
3. I hate it when an author responds to EVERY SINGLE review in the next chapter.
4. I hate it when someone starts a new story before finishing the first one.
5. I hate it when an author uses the word "Ugh" too much and makes the characters sound dumb.
THINGS I'M STEALING!
1. Mia as Hermione's nickname
3. The-Boy-Who-Wounldn't-Die or some sort of variation...
4. Hogsmeade, A History