Author has written 6 stories for D.Gray-Man.
i im Shizaki and im a female...
i love anime and manga, reading, writing, and drawing. i also love animals and anything to do with wolves.
Tora is my dark side and she is a tad bit insane, she loves yaoi as well
Len is my more protective and loving side, he is a fluffy blonde wolf and my avatar
Starik, is well... he was origanally my OC for DGM, but now he is like everything to me
-Spell your name without vowels: shzk
SELF ESTEEM SECTION:
HAVE YOU EVER:
“Fanfiction is what literature might look like if it were reinvented from scratch after a nuclear apocalypse by a band of brilliant pop-culture junkies trapped in a sealed bunker. They don’t do it for money. That’s not what it’s about. The writers write it and put it up online just for the satisfaction. They’re fans, but they’re not silent, couchbound consumers of media. The culture talks to them, and they talk back to the culture in its own language.” —Lev Grossman, TIME, July 18, 2011
STOP the destruction of FF . net!
Ever since it was opened, FF . net had always been a place for avid fans- of ANYTHING- to feel at home. To express whatever is on our minds and truly let our love for characters, plotlines and scenarios shine through.
Now all of a sudden, FF . net has decided to go through a massive upheaval and remove thousands of stories from its library, some of the best fanfics ever written, gone, never to be read again. They are removing anything involving sexual situations, or violence, or inspired by a song, the list goes on. And we as readers see this as a gross waste of talent and incredible material.
FF . net has always been a place for us writers to 'Unleash our imagination' as the tagline states, and now we are having that right to freedom of speech and expression taken away from us. Since when are they allowed to dictate what goes into our stories? They are OUR pieces of work. What if the violence or sexual content is part of the plotline? This whole situation is absurd. There are better ways to deal with 'inappropriate' content than to remove it altogether. What about adult filters? Age restrictions? There are so many other options!
So I'm asking please, for all us readers, writers, and fans alike... STOP THE DESTRUCTION OF FF . net !
Sign a petition on :
www . change . org petitions fanfiction-net-stop-the-destruction-of-fanfiction-net#
I have seen stories i love go up in flames, and it breaks my heart every time. People get sad and angry, because of a bad review, and no matter how many more they get begging them to continue, they leave it unfinished, the ending never to be known to those who truly loved it . They let the story breathe it's last breath...They let it die. There are several ways to douse the flames, and several ways to feed them and sadly... Most people do the latter. Some let the flames catch them. They let the flames burn their pages to ash, along with the piece of their heart they put into it. They give up on writing, and thus encourage the flames to spread, to burn another, and possibly kill another story in cold blood. Others get even, by igniting the flames of hate with cruel, hateful, words of their own, while some simply leave the flames to fester by ignoring them. They continue writing, only allowing the edges to be charred black, or they take a short break, but return later on. But then there are those who douse the flames.
They laugh at the fires, and show that the are unfazed, their pages white and pure, uncharted, and untainted by even the blackest smoke left behind. They tell the flamer, how the flames made their day, how they laughed as they wrote the next chapter. They realize that flamers are simply jealous. That they are simply, cruel, spiteful people, with nothing better to do than ignite the fires of hate, and watch the flames burn away what little remains of the ashes left behind by those who surrendered, and let their story die. They realize that it wouldn't be fair to their readers, if they let their story burn, and they realize that they would only feed the flames by doing so. And they will try and heal the burns, left behind, so that maybe the pages will return to what they once were, or be reborn from the ashes.
(If you are one of those who will choose to douse the flames, and heal the burns, who will choose to stand strong and face the flames head on, without fear, who will try to save another, who will send this message to ANYONE you feel needs to hear it, then copy and paste this to your profile, and add your name to this list: Starisia the Shadow Demon/ Atsuma-1/ Shizaki Kuro)
I am the girl
that doesn't go to school dances, or games, and when I do go, I sit in a corner and read a book. I am the girl that people look through when I say something. I am the girl that spends most of her free time reading, writing, or doing other activities that most teenagers wouldn't call normal. I am the girl that people call weird and a freak either behind my back or to my face. I am the girl that doesn't spend all her time on MySpace, or talking to a girlfriend on a cell phone or regular phone. I am the girl that hasn't been asked out. I am the girl that has stopped to smell the flowers and jump and splash in the rain. BUT I am also the girl who knows and is proud to be who she is, doesn’t care if people call her weird (it's a compliment), who loves reading and writing and doing the things that no one seems to have the time to do any more, who can express herself better with words than actions, who doesn't need a guy to complete her and knows the importance of the little things. 93% of teens would have a severe emotional breakdown if someone called them a freak. If you're a part of the 7% who would ask the person: "What was your first clue?” copy this onto your profile
THIS IS HOW WEIRDOS MAKE FRIENDS
People think weirdos can't make friends. Well, they're wrong.
Usually one weird person will find another weird person and those two will engulf themselves in mutual weirdness and we call those people our friends! =)
If you believe this as well, copy and paste this to your profile.
-If you have ever read a book silently and suddenly read a long word aloud for the sake of knowing how to say it for later use, copy and past this into your profile
-If you couldn't live without your music, copy and paste this into your profile
-If you love to rp, copy and paste this into your profile
-If you are obsessed with fanfiction copy this into your profile
-If you are a yaoi fan/fangirl/fanboy (-o-), paste this in your profile.
-If you have a tendency to talk to your self, copy and paste this into your profile
-If you know a video game/book/movie/anime/manga character or weapon that need(s) to exist, copy and paste this into your profile
-If you have ever stayed up for over 40 hours continuously just because you frickin' could, copy this into your profile.
-If you are the kind of person that gets really excited when you get like two reviews, copy this into your profile.
-If you know someone who should be run over by a bus, copy this to your profile
-If you have ever had a mad laughing fit for absolutely no reason, copy and paste this into your profile
-If you're fully aware that you're an arrogant bitch and are proud of it, copy and paste this into your profile.
-If you've ever wished you could go into a book and strangle some of the characters for being so incredibly dumb, copy and paste this into your profile
-If someone actually thinks that you are evil and/or plotting their death, copy and paste this into your profile.
-If you have ever tried to make plans for world domination, copy and paste into your profile.
-If you would wear a button that says "Fuck off, I'm reading Yaoi" with pride, copy and paste this to your profile.
-If you love yaoi/shounen-ai, copy this into your profile.
-If you have ever just wanted to SLAP someone, copy this onto your profile.
Please Read This
I'm the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I'm a lesbian.
This is weird, but interesting! If you can raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed erveylteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!Paste this to your profile if you can read this!
You are a Chibi Seme
You are the seme in disguise. Able to fit in and get along with uke and seme alike, you are able to get close to the uke on their level before exerting your dominance. This makes you at times manipulative and able to fool others about your true seme nature. Because of your harmless appearance, it takes the flamboyant Flaming Uke to match wits and really bring out your aggressive side to expose you for the seme that you are.
You know you're obsessed with D. Gray Man when...
1. You feel there is a connection between yourself and one of the characters. (yep)
2. You relate to this character so much that you roleplay him or her.
3. You start to call yourself the character's name. (i already told my mom im changing my name to Allen)
4. When something happens to the character in the anime or manga, you react as well. (Hell yeah i do i get told to shut up from it)
5. You memorize every single fighting move that character has. (Allen and some of Kanda's)
6. Even the ones NO ONE knows. (Any real fan should know at least some of them)
7. In Japanese. (English doesnt count, good anime must be watched in japanese, so yes)(i have watched all the english ep. as well though)
8. You find yourself quoting the character in everyday conversation. (Hmmmm, sometimes)
9. Your friends call you the character's name on a regular basis. (Some of them call me Allen)( or Sebby but thats Kuroshitsuji)
10. Some of your friends only know you by that name. ( i wish)
11. You've gotten into the habit of saying "STRIKE!" when you see a pretty girl. (Or a hot guy!)
12. You can't stop saying "che" when you're annoyed. (i say it sometimes, then i laugh)
13. Or in general. (yep)
14. Whenever you see people dressed up as demons on Halloween, you scream "AKUMA!" and try to purify them. (i dress up and watch the syfy channel all night)
15. You think you can do anything with your left arm.
16. You get upset when you figure out you can't.
17. You accuse your non-DGM friends as being Noah and try to eliminate them.
18. When you find that isn't possible, you try to convert them into loving DGM. (all the time)
19. You have succeeded every single time. (they are not as interested in it as me)
20. You insist the snitch in Harry Potter is just Timcanpy in disguise (what/who else would it be?)
21. You have preferences with how to spell names ( eg. Yu vs Yuu, Rabi vs Lavi, Rinalee vs Lenalee ) and will fight to the death to defend them. (Yuu, Lavi, Lenalee, I go into a rage fit if they are spelled different)
22. You've never found top hats sexier until you've seen Allen, Cross and Tyki in them. (Yes)
23. You think the Millenium Earl is the most brilliant villian in anime or manga and love to hate him. (kinda)
24. You're convinced that all Tyki wants is to rape Allen. (Oh, yes)
25. You stare at your arm and scream "ACTIVATE!" then wonder why it doesn't work.
26. Your left arm ached after you saw episode 56. (Fuck yeah)
27. You'll never look at the words "Noah", "Innocence" and "exorcist" the same way again. (Who would?)
28. Straight pairings involving Allen, Lavi or Kanda have suddenly become an odd occurrence. (yep, i usaully wont read otherwise, it seems wrong)
29. Your favorite flower is a lotus. (Always has been, and still is)
30. You have a habitual hero complex. (maybe..)
31. You cosplay as your favorite character all the time.
32. You dream of being your favorite character all the time. (yes, and i have Yullen dreams every night, sad but true)
33. You've become convinced you ARE your favorite character, regardless of what gender you are. (I wish, im not that cool, however Allen is my/Starik's little brother)
34. You're tickled pink that Lavi's commands involve "growing" and "extending" (Heh, yeah)
35. The only thing you think of when you see "DGM" is "D. Gray Man", despite what it was meant to stand for. (yep, what else could it stand for...)
36. You've watched the anime over 20 times. (Yeah)
37. You've read the manga more times than that. (I buy the manga, need vol.24 next, so no)
38. You were upset when you saw the word "Fin" in episode 103 and yelled at the screen that it wasn't true. (Im not lying i had barely stopped crying)
39. You know all the filler characters, no matter how obscure.
40. You can recall every event and name the episode it happened in. (almost)
41. You can do the same with the manga. (no)
42. You're a horrible spoiler when you come across people who aren't up-to-date with the manga. (terribly so)
43. You know who Joyd is.
44. You know all the new Noah. (no, i love tyki, road, jasdevi, and lulubell to much)(mostly tyki and road)
45. You've bookmarked the wikipedia page for your favorite character. (yep)
46. You removed the bookmark because you found you already knew everything. (know everything, and its still bookmarked)
47. You returned to the wikipedia page and edited something that was wrong. (didnt have to)(yet)
48. You know your favorite character's birthday and celebrate it every year. (Kanda- 6/6) (Allen- i dont care what anyone else says its christmas)
49. You realize that Allen and Kanda are so much alike that it would be a crime for them NOT to be together. (painfully obviuos)( almost as painful as my spelling)
50. You know what Yullen, Lucky, Yuuvi and Laven are. (Hell,yes)
51. You support one of those and always will. (Yullen for the win!)(also Lucky, i like Yullen better tho)
52. You've seen every single DGM-themed AMV on Youtube.
53. You think Tyki makes a great Winnie the Pooh. (Aaaaaahaaaaaahaaa! Yes)
54. You're laughing because you know EXACTLY what reference that was. (OMG Yes)
55. You know who TehExorcist is. (FTW!!!)
56. You've downloaded or otherwise illegally obtained all the songs in the DGM soundtrack. (listening to them now)
57. You recognize one of those songs as your personal theme song. (Yep)
58. You know all the words to The Musician's Song by heart. (i sing it even tho it makes me cry)( singing it now)
59. You know their translation. (Yes)
60. You find it uncannily ironic that Tyki broke Allen's Innocence. (Yes and sad)
61. Every time you see that part of the anime, the words "chest rape" come to mind. (Yeah, and 'Tyki how could you!')
62. You're now convinced that Tyki is a direct descendant of Pedobear. (its his great uncle)
63. Swords win over guns, unless the gun happens to be Judgment. (Yes)(swords over guns always, cross is the only exception)
64. You've seen the episode where Kanda gets a fanboy. (Heeeeheee)
65. Flashbacks have become your worst enemies. ( i like them... sometimes)
66. You think the flashback from chapter 190 was the only well-written one. (i like others to)
67. You watch for manga updates every day and spazz like a retard when you see it's been updated.
68. You wish Hoshino would just get over that sprained wrist already. (LOL)
69. You found chibi Lavi and chibi Kanda to be the most adorable things on the face of the Earth. (Yes, dont forget Allen)
70. You wish Komui would drop a neko potion on Kanda. (Yes, Allen to)
71. And a rabbit one on Lavi. (He doesnt need it he's already one)
72. Some part of you, whether it be only a sliver, wants to see Road die. (i love road, she just needs to know Allen is Kanda's and if she wants to play with Allen Kanda must be present at all times)
73. You attempt to shoot your friend with your hand and wonder why you two didn't combine into a transexual hair monster.
74. Tyki's berserk form causes the words "tentacle monster" to pop into your head. (Yes...)
75. You just sickened yourself with how badly your mind ran rampant upon thinking that. (LOL *blushes*)
76. You've suddenly gained a huge appetite and can't get enough food.
77. You blame that on your left arm.
78. You cried when Cross disappeared. (surprisingly yes)
79. You cried when you thought Kanda, Krory and Lavi died in the Ark. (Only Kanda, but the tears didnt stop once until he came back, but when he was okay i was so happy the crying was worse!)
80. You cried with joy when you realized they didn't. (OMG yes)
81. You think Chaoji is a waste of life. (Oh how many times i hoped he would die, mostly when he was mean to Allen wen Allen went back for Tyki i was yelling at chaoji at the top of my lungs and im a singer so it was loud)
82. You can relate Chaoji to the character of the same name from Naruto. (Dont get me started on those two)
83. You find Kanda and Sasuke oddly alike. (...maybe...)
84. You're wondering why Allen hasn't been labeled a general yet. (it confuses me)
85. You think Allen's "14th moments" are epically sexy. (Yes, but it also angers me)
86. Scratch that, ALL of Allen's moments are epically sexy. (Hell YES)
87. You want to personally write a thank you note to Hoshino for all the times she drew Kanda shirtless. (Heh, yeah)
88. You've gotten into the habit of calling people "Moyashi" and "Usagi" .
89. Your friends know you as "the D. Gray Man freak" . (Yes)
90. You know EXACTLY why it's called "D. Gray Man" . (i have a pretty good idea why)
91. You just lied and you have no idea. (i do have a idea)(again tho i dont know for sure)
92. You draw DGM fanart. (yes)
93. You read and write DGM fanfiction. (yes)
94. You have your own DGM OC. (yes, Starik)
95. Your Facebook, Myspace, Youtube and every other social networking site you go on is covered with DGM related pictures and quotes.
96. Whenever someone in your family acts like an annoying idiot, you have the sudden urge to kick them in the head or hit them with a clipboard.
97. You find yourself reaching for Mugen when angered. (sometimes)
98. You've become worried every time you procrastinate that an old man will come from nowhere and kick you in the face.
99. You can never look at a panda the same way ever again.
100. You just read this entire list smiling and nodding to at least 30 of these. (more than that, and reading it over again while laughing)
I, as both a reader and a writer find it increasingly infuriating that stories can get thousands of hits yet only a few reviews. What could take you five or ten minutes to read could have taken someone several hours to write and a lot of planning. Reviews encourage people and make them feel good about the writing.
I, the reason you miss me, do solemnly swear to review all the fics I read, regardless of the number of reviews, its age, or anything else.
Copy and Paste this into your profile to join the Revolution
To: Allen Walker
From: Shizaki Kuro
Sweetheart, for your safety, as much as you can be safe around fanfiction authors, I suggest you do not struggle. As much as many things seem to go against your morals and such, it is best that you don't resist. Resistance will only make it more painful and could inadvertently lead to your death. And if that happens then I know BaKanda will either kill himself or kill the rest of us before killing himself, thus finding out that he cannot die. Tyki will also be upset because not only will he lose his poker buddy, but he will no longer be able to "comfort" Lavi when you force him down to his underwear in strip poker. Lavi will be saddened as well because then he will have no one to tease and Kanda will be in such a state that he will finally get his wish of being left to his lonesome. Lenalee, Komui, and everyone else at the Order will also be saddened because they see you as something akin to a kid brother. Cross, the bastard that he is, will no longer have a reason to reappear somewhere in the manga. And the same goes for Neah. Many fangirls will have you resurrected just so that way you can finish what happens there. I'm sorry to say that although we truly love you, we also truly love the storyline and wish to see it completed.
I myself will be sad because then I'll have all these ideas and no one to apply them to.
Enjoy what's left of your life and think happy thoughts while being tortured by vampires, werewolves, Noah, Akuma, and anything else we fangirls decide to use on you. Also, please ignore the rape as it is for our entertainment and not to hurt you. Much.
Ps: copy and paste to your profile if you'd like. just change the "From:" name.
This is a story about God. Read if you believe in him, and read even if you don't.- I believe in God!!
A teenage girl about 17 named Diane had gone to visit some friends one evening and time passed quickly as each shared their various experiences of the past year. She ended up staying longer than planned, and had to walk home alone. She wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away.
As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked God to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a short cut to her house, she decided to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her. She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for God's protection. Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped round her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely.
The following day, she read in the newspaper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety and to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station. She felt she could recognize the man, so she told them her story. The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to see if she could identify him. She agreed and immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before. When the man was told he had been identified, he immediately broke down and confessed. The officer thanked Diane for her bravery and asked if there was anything they could do for her. She asked if they would ask the man one question. Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her. When the policeman asked him, he answered, "Because she wasn't alone. She had two tall men walking on either side of her." Amazingly, whether you believe or not, you're never alone. Did you know that 98% of teenagers will not stand up for God, and 93% of the people that read this won’t repost it i got this from Starisia the Shadow Demon's page, i also believe in god :3)
If you have ever done something or said something that made perfect sense to your real friends and only caused your "peers" to look at you strangely and roll their eyes, copy and paste this into your profile.
92 percent of american teens would die if Abercrombie and Fitch told them it was uncool to breath. Copy this into your profile if you are part of the 8 percent that would be laughing their butts off at the others.
Weird is good, strange is bad, and odd is when you just don't know what to call someone. Weird is the same as different, which is the same as unique, then weird is good! If you are weird and proud of it, copy this into your profile.
Ninety-five percent of teenagers are concerned about being popular. If you are one of the five percent who aren't, copy this into your profile.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Justin Beiber standing on top of a sky scraper about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP!" then copy and paste this on your profile.
If you wish that a fictional character was real, copy and paste this to your profile.
98% of the girls in the world would die if Robert Pattinson was kidnapped. 1.9% of them would be laughing their socks off. 0.1% of them would be snickering and poking their new hostage with a stick. Post this if you agree!
You see a kid abusing a puppy with a baseball bat. 97% of people would yell "STOP!" 2% of them would cheer, 1% of them would take the baseball bat and hit the kid then take the puppy to the Vet. Post this on you profile if you are that 1%...
Some people say they are big readers. That they're so into books it's not funny. However the only way to tell is if they 1) Suddenly gasp when something exciting happens in the book. 2) Start talking to the book because that's not how they want the book to go. 3) Hurl the book across the room when one of their favorite characters dies. Copy and paste this if you are one of these people.
Things to do in a shop when you are bored.
1. Get 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they aren't looking.
2. Set all the alarm clocks in Electronics to go off at 5-minute intervals.
3. Make a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the rest rooms.
4. Walk up to an employee and tell him/her in an official tone, " 'Code 3' in housewares"... and see what happens.
5. Go the Service Desk and ask to put a bag of M&M's on lay away.
6. Move a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
7. Set up a tent in the camping department and tell other shoppers you'll invite them in if they'll bring pillows from the bedding department.
8. When a clerk asks if they can help you, begin to cry and ask, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"
9. Look right into the security camera & use it as a mirror, and pick your nose.
10. While handling guns in the hunting department, ask the clerk if he knows where the anti - depressants are.
11. Dart around the store suspiciously loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme song.
12. In the auto department, practice your "Madonna look" using different size funnels.
13. Hide in a clothing rack and when people browse through, say "PICK ME!" "PICK ME!"
14. When an announcement comes over the loud speaker, assume the fetal position and scream.. "NO! NO! It's those voices again!!"
15. Go into a fitting room and shut the door and wait a while and then yell, very loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here!
16. Get several bouncy balls and throw them down an aisle shouting "pikachu, I choose you!"
Repost this if you laughed... Or are planning to do any of these things
"This is a true story. A girl died in 1933. A man buried her in the ground when she was still alive. The murderer chanted,"Toma sota balcu" as he buried her. Now that you have read the chant, you will meet this little girl. In the middle of the night she will be on your ceiling. She will suffocate you like she was suffocated. If you post this in your profile, she will not bother you. Your kindness will be rewarded."
I was walking around in a Target store, when I saw a Cashier hand this little boy some money back.
The boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old.
The Cashier said, 'I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll.'
Then the little boy turned to the old woman next to him: ''Granny, are you sure I don't have enough money?''
The old lady replied: ''You know that you don't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.''
Then she asked him to stay there for just 5 minutes while she went to look a round. She left quickly.
The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.
Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to.
'It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for Christmas.
She was sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her.'
I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus would bring it to her after all, and not to worry.
But he replied to me sadly. 'No, Santa Claus can't bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there.'
His eyes were so sad while saying this. 'My Sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.''
My heart nearly stopped.
The little boy looked up at me and said: 'I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall.'
Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing. He then told me 'I want mommy to take my picture with her so she won't forget me.'
'I love my mommy and I wish she doesn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister.'
Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly.
I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. 'Suppose we check
'OK' he said, 'I hope I do have enough.' I added some of my money to his with out him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money.
The little boy said: 'Thank you God for giving me enough money!'
Then he looked at me and added, 'I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give It to my sister. He heard me!''
'I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose.''
'My mommy loves white roses.'
A few minutes later, the old lady returned and I left with my basket.
I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I started.
I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.
Then I remembered a local news paper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl.
The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma.
Was this the family of the little boy?
Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the news paper that the young woman had passed away.
I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was exposed for people to see and make last wishes before her burial.
She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest.
I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed for ever. The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine.
And in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him.
Now you have 2 choices:
1) Repost this message, or