Author has written 2 stories for Harry Potter.
Hello Everyone! My hiatus is over. It took forever, but now I am back in the writing business. I thank everyone who have sent their well-wishes to me and my late grandmother.
During my Hiatus, there were a few who have asked permission to translate. I am honored by those who have asked. If you have translated my story, please PM me (I am now reading PM's and reviews again) so that I may put the link on this profile.
I found the Harry Potter fandom just last year and my obsession is still going strong. There’s just so much to do and explore here. My preferences in this fandom tend towards the dark side, and this will reflect in my writing. My style is more mature and serious. I work hard to make sure there are no plot holes, that there’s a good balance of action, smut, character development, and everything is grammatically correct.
Constructive criticism is okay, even welcomed, but please no bashing me over the head because you don't like my style or my content. If you hate my writing enough to flame me, then you shouldn't waste yours or my time. Go find a story that is more to your liking.
HP/HG – But only if Hermione doesn’t steal the stage and treats Harry like some irresponsible, incompetent kid.
Pairings I can’t stand:
HP/GW – or anything with Ginny really. She has no redeeming qualities and is just a star struck fan, the exact type that Harry would steer clear of.
Favorite Plot devices:
2. HP goes to Azkaban and doesn’t forgive his betrayers. It’s a little stretch that Harry will be sent to max prison while still a minor, but in Rowling’s world, a child can be tried before the full Wizengamut just by violating the Statute of Secrecy, so who am I to judge her correctional system.
3. HP joins Voldie – Considering all the stuff Dumbles has done to Harry, I don’t see how Harry cannot be neutral or even turn dark. Yeah, sure, Voldie killed Harry’s parents, but its not like he really remembers them anyway. Harsh, but true. It was Dumbles who is directly responsible for everything wrong in Harry’s life, either by his own actions or for failing to act.
4. Wrong Boy Who Lived – But only if it is believable. It makes sense that Harry will get ignored, forgotten or neglected. But it makes no sense for the Potter parents to go out of their way to abuse him. Not believable.
Pet Peeves in HP world
1. I can’t stand when Harry finds a partner (doesn’t matter if its male or female) and suddenly that partner becomes just as powerful or even more powerful than Harry. What is the reasoning behind that? Just because Harry becomes a magical animagus, doesn’t mean Ginny will too just because they had sex or were destined soul mates. Harry is special for a reason.
2. I dislike stories where Harry joins Voldie and then suddenly Voldie becomes all sentimental and cuddly. He’s the Dark Lord for Merlin’s sake! He crucio’s his own people for fun. There is no hidden Hufflepuff in him.
3. When the girls in HP world become screeching banshees and all the guys turn sheepish and fold. This is especially true with Molly Weasley who apparently can send dark wizards and Headmasters fleeing from her rolling pins and howlers.
4. I also hate it when the author changes something in the HP world, like sorting Harry into Slytherin and nothing has changedexcept the color of his tie! I might as well read the canon books if you are just going to take the story right out from it.
My Magnum Opus : In Servitude to the Dark Series
I have written more than 450 pages and is completely outlined. This ginormous work begins in the end of Harry’s second year when he faces Tom Riddle in the Chamber of Secrets. Riddle senses the dormant horcrux in Harry’s scar (how can he not?) and makes a deal: the horcrux for Ginny’s life. Harry knows he’s no match for Riddle and the Basilisk, so he give in.
When the two horcruxes merge, Marvolo is born. He is more powerful than any single horcrux, can materialize at will, but is still bound to the diary. Having lived a decade as part of Harry, he sympathizes with the abused orphan and takes him under his wing, showing him the mysteries that lay in the dark. Harry becomes an apt pupil, and over the years they develop a strong mentorship bond. And all that's just the first 300 pages!
Everything changes when Marvolo merges with the main soul piece, resurrecting a Voldemort that is smarter, more powerful, and saner than the Dark Lord we all know and love. What will become of Harry now? And what of the war? Read to find out!
The ISttD Series (In order of chronology)
1. ISttD : The Hand that Guides Me - Completed at 22 chapter and edited! In The Hand That Guides Me, the characters are introduced, the chess pieces laid out, and Harry has pretty much finished his basic training. It is a story of growth and development.
2. ISttD : My Obeisance - Completed at 22 chapters, but not yet edited! This sequel is all about changes, the least of which is the Dark Lord's resurrection. We will see how Harry's innocent relationship with Marvolo evolves into something deeper and darker, while new magic is discovered, and another enemy-force complicates the fight between the Light and Dark.
3. ISttD : To be announced - WIP at 2/? chapters.
Some people have translated this story! I am humbled and amazed.
Vietnamese Translation by LazySheep129 - http://haruhaze.wordpress.com/2012/04/30/trans-in-servitude-to-the-dark-the-hand-that-guides-me/
Unsafe External Link