Author has written 2 stories for Harry Potter, and StarCraft.
Stuff that annoys me with Fanfics:
- Ron bashing: I don't understand why some people feel like they need to bash Ron. Sure, he wasn't the most consistent character in Canon, but on the other hand, he always helped Harry. Some authors seem to be willing to have Harry bully Ron into suicide or something, but are quite willing to forgive Malfoy and Snape every sin. Can it get more ridiculous? Ron has a inferiority complex like the empire state building, but he's not evil, having Harry behave like that only disgusts me and destroys decent stories. Ron's lazy, but he's not stupid. Just because the Ron actor in the movies looks stupid that doesn't mean the character is stupid.
- Harry Potter, heir of Hogwarts and Jesus Christ: 150.000 word stories that are essentially a power trip, having Harry inherit the world and just finish off Voldi with the power of his assets.
- Nice helpful Goblins: Harry only needs to be polite two times in a row and they're willing to ally themselves with him. Not bloody likely imho. If Harry wants them as allys he ought to work for it.
- Harem fics: Harry and Nevil monopolize half the girls in Hogwards and go white knight on everyone who dares to say something against it. Oh and the girls just agree and couldn't be happier to share their husband with 5-20 others. I kind of like them, but that doesn't change the fact it's ridiculous. And it makes the girls look really shallow.
- - White knight Harry: Harry goes totally Berserk on whomever does something against whatever girl the author ships. That's totally OOC for Harry. In canon he never stood up for any girl IIRC. It was Ron that attacked Malfoy after the mudblood comment. Harry didn't plot revenge for the beaver teeth... I guess some people think beating up others is romantic, but I don't. Harry white knighting has made me actually quit reading stories. It felt too much like the author turned Harry into their author's avatar.
- - Whoremione: "Oh Harry, you're rich and powerful and get away bullying everyone around. I love you!!" Hermione is one of my favourite characters in the novels, so I'm rather annoyed if authors display her as somekind of shallow slut who only cares for her lover's(Harry's) wallet. I'm actually not sure what I hate more... White Knight Harry, Whoremione or bashed!Ron.
- Super Genius: Giving your character an IQ of 180 just means you're lazy. The only exception is HP and the methods of rationality since it actually makes sense there. It' kind of hard to believe that someone makes a master in physics: summa cum laude and a mastery in somkind of magic at the same time. Why do some authors need to overpower their protagonists that hard that it becomes ridiculous?
- Working out: Um... magic anyone? Why the hell would anyone want to waste hours every day to train one's body if one can drink a potion that does the same thing?
- - Working hard: I always figured the whole point of magic was that one doesn't have to work. Hermione learns that much, because she loves learning and research. Harry and Ron always got through very well without doing her amount of work.
- They're not adults! If a teenager behaves like a stupid teenager, then that is only natural and no sign of incurable childishness or even retardedness. I hate it when Harry suddenly becomes really really really mature after getting his mysterious inheritance. Instead of doing the normal teenage thing - like having fun with the money - the first thing Harry does is to start conquering the world, or something like that.
- Magic kills electric/tronical stuff. The only thing we know is that technology doesn't work around Hogwarts. For all we know that might actually be a defense against mundane siege weapons like battery rams or catapults. I mean if magic really killed electricity there would be a black zone around Diagon alley.
- - Anachronism: It's a bit of the opposite of the previous peeve, but it really annoys me when the Potter crew can suddenly use the internet for research or has easy access to mobile phones. It's the early 90th for gods sake.
Your result for The Sorting Hat Test...
You scored 8% Slytherin, 32% Ravenclaw, 32% Gryffindor, and 44% Hufflepuff!
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal
These patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil.
Hufflepuffs are known for their loyal, hard-working, and humble demeanors.
Your result for The Sorting Hat: A Comprehensive Harry Potter Personality Assessment [Test/Quiz]...
58% Ravenclaw, 49% Hufflepuff, 53% Slytherin and 47% Gryffindor!
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
The cardinal traits of Ravenclaw are intellect, wit and openness to experience. They are the most introverted house of the four. Ravenclaws are more likely to prefer small gatherings of like-minded individuals and require recooperation after stressful social interaction. These individuals are intuitive creatures, the quintessential researchers. They lack the stubborn, strict, and rule-abiding qualities that would inhibit intellectual growth—one can't be too set in their ways if they are to be open to exploring new ideas and paths of contrast to Slytherin and Gryffindor, Ravenclaws in general are much more emotionally stable. Their reactions seem dampened compared to the sometimes dramatic responses of the other houses—they're much less likely to get offended, they're more open to criticism, not particularly argumentative and interested in hearing different points of view. They can at times seem to be less interested in people and more interested in their own inner world, and appear to be disconnected from the rest of humanity.
Ambition is secondary to them. Although they may strive to excel in school, knowledge and self-enrichment is the primary goal as opposed to simply wanting good marks. If they do happen to strive for excellence, it is because it fits with their other goals, not out of a desire to be superior or the best. Due to their intuitiveness and willingness to listen, Ravenclaws can be empathetic and make good advisors. They should generally leave leadership roles to people who are more extraverted and who would enjoy them more, however.
On Yuri and Yaoi: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3605089/17/Fragments That's seriously epic, you'll probably laugh your ass off.
- Everyone hates and abuses Naruto: Sure, this is a nice beginning for your generic Powerful Naruto story, but it utterly makes no sense. The people don't hate Naruto, they just don't want to have anything to do with him. They'd rather have him go away. Imagine a kid with a nuclear bomb implanted in his gut lives in your neighborhood. Would you like to have your kids play with the living bomb? Sure the wise leader-sama, apparently used his life to make said bomb secure, but you know from other countries that human bombs tend to be unstable and can go off like nitroglycerine. Better keep your children (and yourself) away lest you trigger it. It's common sense for the people to keep the fuck away from Naruto, it's also common sense for the Hokage and the Nina/Civilian Council to make sure nobody actually hurts said bomb, so it won't go off. This makes for a very cold environment, but not an openly abusive one.
- Naruto blood line limit: Seriously if Naruto just used his powers to the full extend he'd be godlike enough. He doesn't need Rinnegan, Sharingan, lickmyassygan. Really, what is the fun in having an eigh year old wiping the floor with ninja who trained their whole life.
- - Awesome Naruto author avatar: When I read Naruto Fanfiction I want to read fiction about Naruto not some creature with Naruto's past, his basic abilities and some super powers on top of it as well as a completely different personality.
- Kakashi doesn't train Team 7: Kakashi has a bookwormish split personality Fangirl, a psychotic avenger pseudo genius and a crazy neglected, loud prankster in his team. Neither of them is ready to work with the other. He needs to make this catastrophe a team, before he actually teaches them stuff to do damage. Imagine Naruto with Katon Jutsus trying to paint Konoha in flames. I guess something like that might have been at the forefront of kakashis mind. He couldn't predict Sabuza and Orochimaru after all.
- - Kakashi only trains Sasuke: There was only one occasion where he trained Sasuke solo and that was for the fight against Gara. Which was rather reasonable imho, considering what Gara did to Lee. Ebizu seems like a pretty competent teacher, but sadly his and Naruto's personalities totally clash. Kakashi most likely only wanted to help Naruto improve the basics, which as you should remember were actually enough to deal with Neji in the end.
- Dark Protagonist: While I don't mind the protagonist to be pissed off or angsty once in a while, stories with a psychotic or bully protagonist are unbearable for me. I just hate it when my heroes are totally damaged madmen. I guess it makes sense in some stories, but it's still nothing I really like to read.
- Teacher/pupil ships: No, just no! That's just wrong imho.
- Yaoi Slash: I'm a hetero dude, and homo romance is nothing I'm interested in. I don't mind occasional homo pairings, but stories that are pretty much about a yaoi pairing as the main protagonists aren't my cup of tea.
- Anachronism: I hate movie references that refer to movies or things that didn't exist during the setting of the story. AKA no bloody FACEBOOK in HARRY POTTER.
Stuff about Harry Potter and the Swarm:
Updates every Saturday or something.
No, it's not a multi crossover with familiar of zero. I just used the summoning ritual. That's it.
Darth Drafter (4)
Darth Marrs (28)
Iron Monkey Fist (3)
Lord Maximus (101)
The Mad Mad Reviewer (10)