Author has written 1 story for Harry Potter.
Hi there, I'm an avid fanfic reader, but I am relatively new to writing it, so please review! So far, I've only been interested in writing Harry Potter (though my reading has branched out a bit!), but I'm not adverse to other fandoms, and if anyone has recommendations, I would love to hear them!
Quotes I Adore:
One step and we are safe;
Can we not take the leap?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
"for whatever we lose, like a you or a me,
it's always ourselves we find in the sea"
“Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”
"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
"You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there."
"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."
Robert H. Schuller
"Goodbye? Oh no, please. Can't we just go back to page one and start all over again?"
Winnie the Poo
Poems I Love:
The Hollow Men and The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S. Elliot
Sea Fever by John Masterfeild
Needles and Pins by Shel Silverstien
since feeling is first by E.E Cummings
When I heard the Learn'd Astronomer by Walt Whitman
Books I Love:
The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Chocolate War and Beyond the Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (Carton is just like my everything)
The Good Guy by Dean Koontz
The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Things I Hate in Fanfiction:
2. Harry-as-a-girl stories. They just grind my gears.
3. OOC-ness if there isn't a reason or back story to it.
4. When writers misspell Poppy or Lily or other character's names.
5. Fics where people go back in time and change things! It doesn't work that way!
6. When people hold their story hostage for reviews. While a little encouragement can make a world of difference, that's not why you should be writing.
Things I Love in Fanfiction:
3. Angst. Whether that's abuse or death or whatever, if it's not over-done, its delicious.
4. Oneshots. When they're well planned out and well written, or have that poignant ending that just makes your heart stop, I can't get enough.
5. Severus Snape. He is my favorite character of all time.
6. Kidfics, when done right.
CURRENT SOTU: I'm back, snitches. I've decided to finish Finding (Title subject to change by the way), and have talked it out with my beta so that the chapters will get out quicker than before. Thanks for all the feedback, you guys rock.
Unsafe External Link