Author has written 1 story for Harry Potter.
Hello there! Well, I'm 29 years old, and I love reading about Harry Potter, Naruto, Bleach, Freakazoid, Fullmetal Alchemist, and a variety of other things. I'm not much at writing, though I may eventually write a fic or two. Really, I'm the idea guy. Want to write a fic, but don't have ideas? I have hundreds! I'm not saying they're any good, but maybe they'll spark your own creativity. Scroll down for a few story idea examples, or send me a PM.
Things I hate seeing in any fic:
1. Poor grammar/spelling. You don't need a beta to fix grammar and spelling. A bit of intelligent use of SpellCheck can solve most problems. Watch for homonyms. Add frequently used words to the dictionary. The Godaime Hokage's name is Tsunade, not Tsuande, dangit. Most things that make fics unreadable for budding grammar nazi's are easy to catch and fix, even if you're bad with spelling.
2. The main character is instantly superpowered/godlike with nothing in between to explain it. If you suddenly gained the power to blow shit up with your brain, I guarantee you would avoid everyone in the world until you'd trained yourself to look at someone without atomizing them. That takes good old-fashioned hard work. I have no problem with godlike characters, generally. But if they suddenly gain a shit-ton of power, they are going to need to work hard on adjusting to and controlling it. You can't have Naruto have ungodly resistance seals and heal perfectly and instantly because of the Kyuubi, and then not have him run face-first into a tree or building because his brain hasn't caught up to his body.
3. Main character falling in love with the villain. Especially if that villain killed the main character's family/friends/whatever. This is VERY prevalent in Harry Potter fanfiction, for some reason that I will never understand. Whilst I'm not a fan of slashfic, if the story is good enough I can skip over the citrusy bits. However, having Tom Riddle be Harry's "Master" or "Lover" is frankly...disturbing as fuck. This is the person who tried to kill Harry's FAMILY. The only bit of family (that's decent, anyway) that Harry had ever known. Having Harry fall in love with someone who is obviously evil and murders people like Harry for fun is kind of...well incredibly stupid. That's not to say there aren't well-written stories where this happens...just that it's a stupid idea. And Snarry. Oh my that disturbs me way down deep where cookies fear to tread. Snape...is an enormous prick. It's what defines him. Snape is all 'I see you flying 'round town with the girl I love, so I'm gonna be a real dick to your kid.' It's what he does. True, he has his reasons. His entire life pretty much clusterfucked because of one word. And the fact he was kind of a tool as a kid. He is a complex man, with reasons for his actions. Doesn't make him less of a dick, people. However...you can expand the character, and give him reasons to NOT be a monstrous fuckpuddle. Those reasons, however, should not include Harry's penis. Or his bum. That's...no. That breaks man law. Half your age, plus 7 is the limit for younger folks.
4. Harems. I'm not sure this really needs explaining. Some people (like MegaMatt09) have a thing for harems, and try to write them intelligently, as more than a ZOMG HARRY/NARUTO/ICHIGO/WHOEVER FUCKS EVERYONE FOREVER, AS HIS RIGHT AS THEIR LORD AND MASTER. Generally, a harem just would not work. I can see a three way relationship working, but even still, that would be awfully complex.
5. The five elements seal (Gogyo Fuin) in Naruto, used on him by Orochi-pedo in the Chuunin exam. Now it's not so much that it's a crappy thing, but that Naruto can't unseal himself because of the required chakra control, which that seal screws up. That's part of ShadowStar91's fic, Tales of the Kurai Kitsune, which is a pretty darn good story. The issue is...shadow clones have half the chakra of the original. Less chakra is easier to control. Create a clone. Have it attempt the seal release. If it can't do it, have the clone create a clone, with half of its chakra, and so on, until there is little enough chakra to control almost perfectly, and enough to perform the release.
6. Blood wards in Harry Potter. While not a bad idea in and of itself, there is a major flaw. It's based on his mother's willing sacrifice of her life/soul/magic whatever in it's entirety to protect her son. I'm pretty sure Dumbledore states somewhere that the protection is in his blood. The flaw is that Harry's blood is used in the resurrection ritual. Therefore, Riddlemort has Harry's blood. Even in Canon, Voldemort can touch Harry with no ill consequences to himself. Due to this, in what possible way would remaining at Privet Drive be beneficial to Harry's safety? The wards would basically see Tom as Harry, and let him in, no muss, no fuss. Or maybe a little fuss, because Tom's an evil little dickweed, but it would at least severely weaken already weak words. They are powered by 'love' and there isn't any for Harry in that house.
Fics I recommend to everyone:
Rorschach's Blot - Make a Wish. Harry Potter fic.
Mjimeyg - Harry Potter: Geth. Harry Potter/Mass Effect crossover.
Mjimeyg - The Champion. Buffy the Vampire Slayer fic, Xander-centric.
BellOfTheSea - A boy named Ed, and it's companion fic Dear Brother. Fullmetal Alchemist fic.
Yanagi-Wa - 893 (since it's only three characters, google it to find the story easily) Harry Potter fic.
TheAceOfFire - Core Threads. Harry Potter fic.
Alban55 - Amenaza. Naruto/Bleach crossover.
DerLaCroix - Cold Blood. Harry Potter - Dragon-ish Animagus fic.
Shadowstar91 - Tales of the Kurai Kitsune. Naruto fic.
STORY PROMPTS - If one of these ideas (they'll be added as I have/remember them) catches your fancy, please send me a message, at least giving a link to the story once it begins, and please give credit where credit is due. Also I apologize, my mind doesn't work in a linear fashion, so some of these ideas may not be straightforward.
Ocean of Power - Harry's 'magical core' is astronomically larger than any other wizards for unexplained reasons, so much so that he has to learn to do wandless magic from a young age. Any wand that Harry tries to use will disentegrate as soon as he tries to connect his magic to the core material due to the influx of godly amounts of magical energy burning the wand out. Even the Elder Wand can not contain the might of his magic. The piece of ol' Moldywart's soul was expunged and all knowledge from it (which is the sum of all Voldie's knowledge up until he made that horcrux) is ripped from the soul piece and given to Harry, enabling him to be incredibly knowledgeable about the magical world. This would preferably be a Light!Powerful!Sarcastic! Harry.
Dr. Potter-hattan - Harry Potter, 5 years old, is beaten within an inch of his life and thrown into the cupboard under the stairs. Directly under the cupboard is a nexus of 7 powerful ley lines. Harry's magic, struggling to heal him and save his life, reaches out to this nexus, and consumes all 7 ley lines. Through the influx of tremendous power, Harry's body (and the Horcrux) are vaporized. Days later, an adult human nervous system, glowing green, is seen in Little Whinging. Days after that, a skeletal system, then a musculature system, until a fully body is assembled, glowing green. This would be a Light!Godlike!DrManhattan!Harry. The ability to perceive the past and future simultaneously is up to the writer, but preferably is replaced with an intrinsic understanding of magic. This is NOT to be a recreation of the Watchmen. So Harry, while powerful and intelligent, will not lose touch with his humanity.
Elemental Chains - Naruto gains use of the chakra chains at a very young age, and through Shadow Clones, masters use of them, and use of his chakra well enough to make chains of different elemental compositions. This should really only include fire, wind, lightning, and healing chakra. A doujutsu is not recommended for this fic. Naruto should use the chains to subjugate Kurama, whom we all know is a huge bastard, and wasn't actually tricked into attacking Konoha. He's just a huge red rage-monster.
The Unsouled Demon - When Yondaime sealed Kyuubi, instead of Naruto getting the soul and HALF the chakra, Shinigami seals it's soul in Minato, killing it, but seals Kyuubi's "Chakra Core" into Naruto in it's entirety. Basically, the idea of the Chakra Core is that, being from the most powerful demon, the energy is highly compressed nature chakra, tainted by Kurama's unending bastardy hatred. Without Kurama's soul to taint it, the chakra merges with Naruto's much more easily, and is purified into human chakra by the seal. This would have the effect of him not having whisker marks, as well.
Just a Bit Longer - Minato is warned of the Kyuubi's attack much earlier, and has much more time to work out a plan. The new seal, the Nine Lobed Demon Consumption Seal, is designed to pull all the bijuu to Naruto, and absorb them, before consuming all of their chakra, which is Mental and Spiritual energy. Through the absorption of the chakra, he would gain immense knowledge and intelligence, while the Chakra would manifest as tails, one for each Bijuu, each having a different ability. Shukaku's would give him power over particulates, rather than just sand, and would defend him automatically. This would be a Godlike!Naruto. The bijuu would wish for oblivion rather than death because they would be tormented for eternity. The seal would destroy their souls, saving them from eternal damnation or whatever. So...the seal puts out the call with the mental whammy, the bijuu come, are promised oblivion, and are absorbed into the seals. The chakra is purified by the time Naruto is supposed to graduate. Perhaps the other Jinchurikki survive the extractions through...some means I haven't thought of.
Fox of the Eight Gates - At a young age, Naruto is beaten nearly to death, either by villagers, missing nin, whatever. To save his life, the fox (can be evil bastard or helpful, but NOT the love interest) forcibly opens all eight gates with demonic chakra. The demonic chakra part is important, because it would basically sear the eight gates open. Kyuubi would direct it's chakra to basically strengthen Naruto's body to the point it can withstand having the Gates open permanently. The younger the age this happens at, the better. The point of this story is not an amazing Godlike!Naruto, but basically, a Superman!Naruto. More in the sense of 'living in a world of cardboard' than the whole flying alien thing. As a side effect of opening the gates, all potential in the body is unlocked. Since chakra control is often likened to using a muscle, it stands to reason that there is an upper limit, which would, presumably, be locked away by the Gates. Thus Naruto would have exceedingly perfect control of his chakra, but very little over his body. Speed, strength, stamina, healing, chakra levels...even intelligence would be boosted to extraordinary levels. The problem...would be controlling it all. Having extremely enhanced senses and capabilities due to the sudden change of his body, he would basically have to learn everything from scratch. Think Clark Kent in Smallville learning to use his abilities, and how to NOT use them, but apply it to not only walking and running, but speaking, thinking, eating...everything. If your mind was placed in a supercomputer...you'd go bugshit. You wouldn't have the experience necessary to translate the enormous influx of data, even with your brain boosted to the absolute limit. A somewhat similar premise to "Kitsune's Power" by Bad Girl 61, with a twist. Ironically, I came up with this before I read the story. It's an excellent one though!
Since the only person to have extensive experience with opening the Gates is Gai, he would become Naruto's new guardian/mentor/father figure. Not to make Naruto a Gai-clone like Lee, although a blond bowl-cut caterpillar-eyebrowed Naruto is a hilarious image. Perhaps have a Gai/Tsunade pairing, so Naruto has a mother-figure. Both are physical powerhouses, and would know quite a bit about controlling yourself physically. Gai, from experience, and Tsunade, from her medical background and her strength technique. Not to mention when Gai starts trying to corrupt Naruto with YOUUUUUUTH Tsunade can just belt him one, and he could take it.
This would really be more of a Raising!Naruto story than a Naruto-saves-the-world-from-Akatsuki/Madara. Although perhaps an epilogue in which Naruto just beats the living shit out of the bad guys with astonishing ease has it's merits.