Poll: Out of these books, which two do you like the best? Vote Now!
Author has written 9 stories for Alex Rider, Harry Potter, Coraline, Hunger Games, and Boy In the Striped Pajamas.
Hi, I'm IndigoStarshine and this is (oh so surprisingly) my fanfiction account profile. I often also call myself Allie on this site. Please participate in my poll. It would make me happy.
I like a lot of books, a few series, a few TV shows, so don't be surprised if my favourites section is completely random. My favourite books are 1984, a couple of books by Margaret Atwood, the Harry Potter series, Artemis Fowl, Alex Rider and Brave New World. I love to watch The Simpsons and South Park, does it make me immature? I don't care but apparently my mum thinks it does. I find that both these shows appeal to my philosophical nature as well as my warped sense of humour. My fav movies are the Star Wars original triology, Pan's Labyrinth, Joy Division (not the documentary but the virtually unknown movie about the Cold War), The Shawshank Redemption and District 9. I don't like Twilight or any Vampire romance, in fact I think that it is overly cliche and overdone (no offense to anyone who likes Twilight). I'm also not a fan of Doctor Who, I don't know why, I just can't get into it. In fact, I don't really like anything with freaky aliens either (with the exception of District 9).
If I have reviewed your story, take it as real criticism or praise. My reviews are generally deeper than, "Add more" or "Luv It". I think that I am fair in my reviews but not overly harsh when it isn't deserved or cruel. I believe that fair criticism helps improve writers.
I will favourite or put a Story Alert on you or one of your stories if:
- I like it, thought I might take me some time to realise I do actually like it.
- It's reasonably well written, give or take a few grammar mistakes that can easily be fixed.
- It is unique and/or I can find no other fanfictions quite like it. It is not something I have read a thousand times, like Harry being a genius.
- I like comedy and good natured stories. Preferably uplifting stories. I particularly like crossovers of my favourite fandoms, Harry/Snape father/son or mentor fics, Julius (Alex Rider) fics, Boo Radley fics or good 1984 fics (which are rarer than hen's teeth).
- I want to read it again at some later date.
- I'm not usually a big fan of anything that has strong sexual content, but I do sometimes make exceptions if it's good and/or a one of it's kind. Also not a fan of anything I deem creepy or vile. I am against any story that is pedophilic in nature (adult/child in any circumstances).
Random Facts about me you didn't need to know:
- I'm a university student studying medical science so I can work in Pathology. That doesn't necessarily mean that I am good at writing. English was never my favourite or best subject at school.
- My hobbies include collecting crystals and gems, reading, writing (fanfiction of course, but also original fiction) and music.
- You can easily guess my gender and my ethnicity/religion/appearance/age/whatever else is none of your business.
- My blood type is AB positive (of course you all wanted to know).
If you're black, I'm going to assume your ancestors came from Africa.
If you like people of the same gender in a sexual way, I'm going to assume you are gay or bisexual.
If you're asian, I'm going to assume you or your family came from an Asian country.
If you dress like a loser, I'm going to assume you are a loser and/or don't give a hoot about your appearance.
If you walk a dead end job, I'm going to assume you are going nowhere at the current time.
If you are a particular nationality, I'm going to assume you speak the major language there.
If you wear black, I'm going to assume you are depressed, emo, goth, a funeral director or just feel like wearing black that day.
If you do well at school and/or university, I'm going to assume you care about your studies or are at least pressured to by your parents.
If you do drugs, smoke or use alcohol excessively, I'm going to assume you are a loser, aren't going anywhere in life and are probably going to die an early death.
If you are popular, I'm going to assume you are sociable or care about your social standing.
If you like fashion and make up, I'm going to assume you care about your appearance.
If you shoplift, I'm going to assume you are a criminal and a thief.
If you like slash, I'm going to assume you are a fangirl (if female) or gay (if male).
If you have had your child taken into protective custordy, I'm going to assume you are a bad parent.
If you spend all night in a social setting texting on your phone instead of talking to the people around you, I'm going to assume you are a complete bore to be around.
and most importantly... If you do stupid things, I'm going to assume you're an idiot.
Repost this if you are also sick of those pointless 'Stereotyping is so wrong' lists on other people's profiles. In life, people will judge you based upon what they know about you (first appearances or whatever) regardless of whether it's fair or not... get over it. If you don't like how people see you, prove them wrong.
And another thing... I wish I got paid to be a 'pharma shill' - it'd really help my money problems.
Unsafe External Link