Author has written 13 stories for Torchwood, Elder Scroll series, and Sarah Jane Adventures.
Hi, I'm skyflower51, Sky for short! I have a very wide-ranging mind- I love Torchwood, Doctor Who, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Warriors, Seekers, Redwall, The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, The Hunger Games, Chaos Walking, Skyrim, The Avengers, RuneScape, The Edge Chronicles, Les Miserables, Avatar, most good animated Disney films, Teen Titans, Harry Potter, Star Wars, The Elder Scrolls, and a whole load of other stuff it would take me eons to list. The only question is, will I have time to write about them all?
Currently I'm mostly focusing on stories featuring the world of the Elder Scrolls games, in particular Skyrim. However, I'll also be writing a few things for other fandoms.
My older stories are pretty bad in my opinion, so much so that I can't read them now. I swear that eventually I will either re-write or delete them.
24th June - Hey, look, new avatar! It's a screenshot of my Skyrim character, J'shana.
8th October - I've been back at school a while, and with my workload increased and showing no signs of lightening, I suspect that my updates are going to be a lot slower from now on. Sorry, everyone. Also, I'm clearing up my profile a bit.
30th January - It's my third anniversary of joining the site! Thank you to everyone who has supported me over this time. I think my writing has come a long way, thanks to the feedback and help I've got from you all, but I've still got a lot to learn, so hopefully I'll be sticking around for a long time. :)
A few facts about me:
1. I am one of those people who thinks about their favourite books/films/TV shows ALL THE TIME and keeps randomly bursting out laughing because I'm thinking of something funny that happened in one of them. I do it so much my friends have long since stopped bothering to look at me strangely when I do it.
2. I hate reviews that are nothing but pointless and cruel criticism. It breaks down peoples' self confidence and makes you look awful. I gladly welcome constructive criticism because it helps you do better next time, but rants are of no use whatsoever. My philosophy: If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
3. I have such a random mind that I am spouting story ideas all the time- so much so that most of them never get written down. By the time I've started one, I already want to write down another before I forget it. It's very annoying.
4. I think SYOCs should be allowed on the site, as they are an opportunity for people to be creative as a team. I know some of you may disagree. Sorry.
5. If your story is on my favourites list, then you should be very happy. The only stories I put there are my real, real favourites- the ones that had me hooked right from the start, the ones with the best plots and characters, the ones I've read again and again, and am probably going to go on reading for a long, long time...
6. I live for books. Seriously. I've been reading unstoppably since I first learned to read. And the moment I realised it was possible for me to write books myself, I decided instantly that I would. So yeah, I'm seeking a career in professional writing- and while I wait, I'm writing here! Practice makes perfect!
7. Here's how I write. After uploading a chapter, I give myself a day off, in which I do no writing at all (unless I get bored). On every following day, I do my best to write at least 1000 words. That means a chapter of, say, 6000 words, will be uploaded in a week, sooner if I'm on a roll and get more done in one day. I do it this way because it means I get plenty of writing done quickly, but I don't tire myself out. Just so you have a vague idea of how long to expect a break between chapters to be. Updates may be slower if I've got other work to do, or if I need to plan out the chapter in detail before writing. Or if I get the dreaded writer's block...
8. My favourite hobbies are reading, writing, laughing and sleeping. I love mint chocolate. I hate oranges. And cheese scones make me feel sick.
Current writing project: Dragonheart, an Elder Scrolls fanfiction, the second in my Tygra Trilogy (which I swear actually will become a trilogy some day.) I'm on to the third and final part. Updates should be once about every two to three weeks. Sorry for the slowness...
Upcoming projects: A few short stories planned for the Elder Scrolls universe. I won't go into more detail, in case they never get written.
My current favourite quotes:
"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
― William Shakespeare
"It's easier to go down a hill than up it, but the view is much better at the top."
― Henry Ward Beecher
"It takes an uncommon amount of guts to put your dreams on the line, to hold them up and say, How good or how bad am I? That's where courage comes in."
― Erma Bombeck
"Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamppost how it feels about dogs."
“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
"The average life is full of near misses and absolute hits. Of great love and small disasters. It's dead ordinary and truly, truly amazing. What you've got to realize is, it's all here, now. So breathe deep and swallow it whole. Because take it from me: life just whizzes by, and then, all of a sudden, it's—"
― Eugene Jones, Torchwood
"Never annoy an author. They'll put you in a book and kill you."
― From a random icon I saw on the internet somewhere
"Life is like a set of swings. With a little push from your friends, you can soar high into the sky."
"Love unlocks the heart: music unleashes the soul."
"I know I'm not normal. No writer is normal. And who wants to be normal anyway?"
― skyflower51 (me)
Unsafe External Link