Author has written 11 stories for Torchwood, Elder Scroll series, and Sarah Jane Adventures.
Hi, I'm skyflower51, Sky for short! I have a very wide-ranging mind- I love Torchwood, Doctor Who, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Warriors, Seekers, Redwall, The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, The Hunger Games, Chaos Walking, Skyrim, The Avengers, RuneScape, The Edge Chronicles, Les Miserables, Avatar, most good animated Disney films, and a whole load of other stuff it would take me eons to list. The only question is, will I have time to write about them all?
Currently I'm mostly focusing on stories featuring the world of the Elder Scrolls games, in particular Skyrim. However, I'll also be writing a few things for other fandoms.
My older stories are pretty bad in my opinion, so much so that I can't read them now. I swear that eventually I will re-write them.
11th November - So, A Nightingale's Song is now almost finished - all that remains is the epilogue. Thank you so much to everyone who's stuck with me and my characters this far! On a side note, I have a new avatar! It's a picture of my Khajiit Dragonborn, J'shana, drawn by a friend of mine. I don't know if I'm going to keep it or not, but I love it so much I just had to set it as my avatar for a while. :D
10th March - After months of writer's block, I've finally made a start drafting Dragonheart, over a year after I finished its prequel Night Eye. With luck, it should be all planned out and ready to be written in at least a month.
A few facts about me:
1. I am one of those people who thinks about their favourite books/films/TV shows ALL THE TIME and keeps randomly bursting out laughing because I'm thinking of something funny that happened in one of them. I do it so much my friends have long since stopped bothering to look at me strangely when I do it.
2. I hate reviews that are nothing but pointless and cruel criticism. It breaks down peoples' self confidence and makes you look awful. I gladly welcome constructive criticism because it helps you do better next time, but rants are of no use whatsoever. My philosophy: If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
3. I have such a random mind that I am spouting story ideas all the time- so much so that most of them never get written down. By the time I've started one, I already want to write down another before I forget it. It's very annoying.
4. I think SYOTs and SYOCs should be allowed on the site, as they are an opportunity for people to be creative as a team. I know some of you may disagree. I've honestly no problem with you disagreeing, we're all entitled to our own opinions. But there you are, I think they should be allowed!
5. If your story is on my favourites list, then you should be very happy. The only stories I put there are my real, real favourites- the ones that had me hooked right from the start, the ones with the best plots and characters, the ones I've read again and again, and am probably going to go on reading for a long, long time...
6. I live for books. Seriously. I've been reading unstoppably since I first learned to read. And the moment I realised it was possible for me to write books myself, I decided instantly that I would. So yeah, I'm seeking a career in professional writing- and while I wait, I'm writing here! Practice makes perfect!
7. Here's how I write. After uploading a chapter, I give myself a day off, in which I do no writing at all (unless I get bored). On every following day, I do my best to write at least 1000 words. That means a chapter of, say, 6000 words, will be uploaded in a week, sooner if I'm on a roll and get more done in one day. I do it this way because it means I get plenty of writing done quickly, but I don't tire myself out. Just so you have a vague idea of how long to expect a break between chapters to be.
8. My favourite hobbies are reading, writing, laughing and sleeping. I love mint chocolate. I hate oranges. And cheese scones make me feel sick.
An Elder Scrolls poem by me:
OATH TO NIRN
I'll think of the DRAGONBORN
PAARTHURNAX will come to mind
SERANA'S who I'll think of
I'll think of ERANDUR if there
I'll treasure ARNGEIR'S wisdom
I'll grin and think of BRYNJOLF
HADVAR and RALOF I'll recall
I'll think of MERCER FREY if someone's
I'll think of FARKAS when I meet
If a dad betrays his daughter
I'll think anyone's like ASTRID
I'll think of ONMUND and J'ZARGO
I'll be thinking of AELA
I'll honour SAVOS AREN
You'll find me thinking of MIRAAK
I'll shed a tear for DURNEHVIIR
I vow to think of TAMRIEL
I make this oath because of just
Feel free to put this on your profile if you're a Skyrim fan :)
(And yes, I ship Skjor/Aela.)
These are by no means guaranteed. They may be written, they may not be. They're just ideas I have and which I think I will get round to writing, though I may change my mind. And my mind is a crazy and unpredictable thing! :D
The Tygra Trilogy Book Two: Dragonheart - (The Elder Scrolls) Alduin is dead, and this time, it is for good. But a new enemy is coming that no prophecy foretold. As a seemingly unstoppable foe arises, created not by the Divines but by mortals, the fate of Nirn does not rest in the hands of the Dragonborn, but in those of her daughter. Together with a warrior bent on vengeance and young dragon, she must stand against the darkness. There is no destiny to guide these three heroes - only their own courage. The battle of the descendants of J’shana did not end with Alduin’s death. It has only just begun.
Tales of the Dragonborns - (Elder Scrolls) Three short stories, each one featuring one of my three lesser-known Dragonborns as they reflect on their lives. These will probably be written between updates of my other stories. I decided to write them because I think it's time people got to know my other Dragonborns apart from J'shana. Yet to be written are:
- Vulhaan (Dark Light) featuring Ozan the Redguard assassin
- Laaksekrein (Ray Of The Sun) featuring Jeerala the Argonian mage
A story which needs a title and will get one eventually - (Elder Scrolls) After the defeat of Alduin, the Dragonborn vanished, leading her life away from the prying eyes of the people of Skyrim. But when a brutal attempt on her life puts her and her family in danger, she has no choice but to become the Dovahkiin once again. Along with her two most trusted friends, she must venture to the isle of Solstheim, where she will learn many deeply-buried truths - truths about the First Dragonborn, and about herself. (If this is written, it'll be the Dragonborn questline as seen through the eyes of my Dragonborn J'shana, but with some twists.)
My current favourite quotes:
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening, and live like it's heaven on earth.”
"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
― William Shakespeare
"It's easier to go down a hill than up it, but the view is much better at the top."
― Henry Ward Beecher
"It takes an uncommon amount of guts to put your dreams on the line, to hold them up and say, How good or how bad am I? That's where courage comes in."
― Erma Bombeck
"Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamppost how it feels about dogs."
“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
"The average life is full of near misses and absolute hits. Of great love and small disasters. It's dead ordinary and truly, truly amazing. What you've got to realize is, it's all here, now. So breathe deep and swallow it whole. Because take it from me: life just whizzes by, and then, all of a sudden, it's—"
― Eugene Jones, Torchwood
"Never annoy an author. They'll put you in a book and kill you."
― From a random icon I saw on the internet somewhere
"Life is like a set of swings. With a little push from your friends, you can soar high into the sky."
"Love unlocks the heart: music unleashes the soul."
"Hey, I know I'm not normal. No writer is normal. And who wants to be normal anyway?"
― skyflower51 (me)
Unsafe External Link