Poll: Which of the major (original) characters from 'Dragonheart' do you find the most interesting/likeable? Vote Now!
Author has written 17 stories for Elder Scroll series, Torchwood, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Mass Effect.
Hello there, and welcome to my profile! I'm Skyflower51, as you can see, but you can call me Sky. I've been on this site for four years now, and I've written something almost every day since the moment I first signed up. My brain spends most of its time in fictional universes - aside from my own, some particular favourites are the Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age and Mass Effect games, Doctor Who and Torchwood, and Star Wars. Currently I'm mostly focusing on stories featuring the world of the Elder Scrolls games, in particular Skyrim. However, I'll also be writing a few things for other fandoms... whether I'll eventually manage to write something for all the different worlds I love remains to be seen.
I have a DeviantArt page, also under the name Skyflower51, where I produce a little fanart, and occasionally some stories and poems which I don't put up on FFN. If you want to know more about my beloved children - ahem, I mean my OCs - you can check out my Charahub page, where I am called SkyScribbles; there's information about all of my major characters there. (Apologies if the links don't work; I'm trying to fix them, but I'm not getting very far.)
11th October 2016 - Vokunkiir is finally finished! Just one of the Dragonborn Short Stories left to go - though I'm considering uploading it to DeviantArt rather than here on FFN, since it'll probably have quite a limited audience (it's completely pre-game content, just OC backstory.)
I've also deleted a bunch of my older, terrible stories, since no doubt anyone who read them suffered permanent loss of brain cells.
5th October 0216 - I went ahead and uploaded it to DA. If you want to read it, I've got the same name there, and the story's called Mercy.
A few facts about me:
1. I am one of those people who thinks about their favourite books/films/TV shows/games/etc all the time. I think I spend more time in fiction than reality.
2. My mind is spouting story ideas all the time- so much so that most of them never get written down. Only a tiny proportion of my story ideas will actually end up here, but I will write as many as I can!
3. I live for fiction. I've been reading unstoppably since I first learned to read. I would dearly love to one day find a career in professional writing - but if that never happens, at least I may be able to entertain a few people here.
4. Here's how I write - or would in an ideal world. After uploading a chapter, I give myself a day off, in which I do no writing at all (unless I get bored). On every following day, I do my best to write at least 1000 words. That means a chapter of, say, 6000 words, will be uploaded in a week, sooner if I'm on a roll and get more done in one day. I do it this way because it means I get plenty of writing done quickly, but I don't tire myself out. Updates may be slower if I've got other work to do, or if I need to plan out the chapter in detail before writing. Or if I get the dreaded writer's block...
5. My favourite hobbies are reading, writing, laughing and sleeping. I love mint chocolate. I adore eagles. And oranges make me feel sick.
My current favourite quotes:
"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
― William Shakespeare
"It takes an uncommon amount of guts to put your dreams on the line, to hold them up and say, How good or how bad am I? That's where courage comes in."
― Erma Bombeck
"Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamppost how it feels about dogs."
“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
"Never annoy an author. They'll put you in a book and kill you."
― From a random icon I saw on the internet somewhere
"Life is like a set of swings. With a little push from your friends, you can soar high into the sky."
"Love unlocks the heart: music unleashes the soul."
"I know I'm not normal. No writer is normal. And who wants to be normal anyway?"
― Skyflower51 (me)