Author has written 4 stories for Maximum Ride, NCIS: Los Angeles, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Selection Trilogy, Kiera Cass.
Hi. My name is Kyra, obviously. In case you can't tell, I'm a huge fan of the Selection series, HP, Hunger Games, and PJO.
Welcome To Paradise-A Selection SYOC
Hello! After much thought (a whole day's worth,) I've decided to start up one of these SYOC's on my own! I've always loves writing, and love this series so much. I can't always promise quick updates (they will probably be about every week, maybe slightly sooner,) but I can promise you quality. I pride myself in my work, and I also will be happy to welcome your suggestions, constructive criticism, and theories!
Update: No Threes or Twos will be accepted, I'm good with the number I have now.
Rules about the form:
1) Please, no Mary-Sue characters. It's okay if they're a genuinely nice girl, but make them have some depth.
2) For personality, don't just list a ton of traits. I love seeing full sentences, and it's so nice when people put thought into their character. The more you tell me, the more I have to go on.
3) For the lowest castes (5,6,7) I will probably only be accepting a few from each, likely three, to make it realistic. Keeping with that realism, I will not be accepting Eights UNLESS they have a fantastic form. So, it is alright to submit one, but be prepared to change the caste.
4) You can submit by review or PM. I prefer PM but if you can't do that, review is okay.
5) Three submissions are allowed per user.
6) Diversity is great! Diverse cultures, appearances, histories, backgrounds, personalities, everything!
7) Unless I get the spots filled before, the deadline is February 20.
8) If needed, you're welcome to PM in more than one message. The quality of the submission is more important then your ability to make it fit in one message.
Name: (First, middle(s), last)
What changed after the makeover:
Celebrity look alike: (optional)
History (doesn't need to be tragic, if it is I may ask you to change it):
Style of dress:
Romantic history: (Having one will not mean she is necessarily out of the running, it's mainly for reference)
Why they are there/why they entered: Money, family, honor, prince, crown, or other. Elaborate, 2-3 sentences is fine.
How they treat the other Selected:
How they treat the Prince:
Maids: (names, brief information appearances and personalities)
How they treat the maids:
Languages: (it's fine if it's two or three besides English, but please don't make them speak like six additional)
Religion, if applicable: (Totally fine if they do not have one, if they do, who does it impact their life, dress, personality, again, for reference)
Anything else you would like me to know:
Kala McKinley for DemigodGallagherSelected:
Percabeth: Percy/Annnabeth- PJO
Tratie: Travis/Katie- PJO
Keeta/Patniss: Peeta/Katniss- Hunger Games
Gerry/Hinny: Ginny/Harry- HP
Romione: Ron/Hermione- HP
Maxerica: Maxon/America- The Selection
BELLARKE: Bellamy/Clarke- The 100
40 things to do in an elevator!
1. Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering, 'Shut up, dammit, all of you just shut UP!'
2. Whistle the first seven notes of 'It's a Small World' incessantly.
3. Sell Girl Scout cookies.
4. On a long ride, sway side to side at the natural frequency of the elevator.
6. Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside ask: 'Got enough air in there?'
7. Offer name tags to everyone getting on the elevator. Wear yours upside-down.
8. Stand silent and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.
9. When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.
10. Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral.
11. On the highest floor, hold the door open and demand that it stay open until you hear the penny you dropped down the shaft go 'plink' at the bottom.
12. Do Tai Chi exercises.
13. Stare, grinning, at another passenger for a while, and then announce: 'I've got new socks on!'
14. When at least 8 people have boarded, moan from the back, 'Oh, not now, damn motion sickness!'
15. Meow occasionally.
18. Frown and mutter 'gotta go, gotta go' then sigh and say 'oops!'
19. Show other passengers a wound and ask if it looks infected.
20. Sing 'Mary had a little lamb' while continually pushing buttons.
21. Holler 'Chutes away!' whenever the elevator descends.
22. Leave a box between the doors.
23. Ask each passenger getting on if you can push the button for them.
24. Wear a puppet on your hand and talk to other passengers 'through' it.
25. Start a sing-along.
26. When the elevator is silent, look around and ask 'is that your beeper?'
27. Play the harmonica.
28. Say 'Ding!' at each floor.
29. Lean against the button panel.
30. Say 'I wonder what all these do' and push the red buttons.
31. Listen to the elevator walls with a stethoscope.
32. Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers that this is your 'personal space.'
33. Bring a chair along.
34. Blow spit bubbles.
35. Pull your gum out of your mouth in long strings.
36. Carry a blanket and clutch it protectively.
37. Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
38. Wear 'X-Ray Specs' and leer suggestively at other passengers.
39. Stare at your thumb and say 'I think it's getting larger.'
40. If anyone brushes against you, recoil and holler 'Bad touch!'
A friend wonders about your romantic history.
A friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A friend will bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you saying: That was TOTALLY awesome! we are SO doing that again!!!!
I’M SKINNY, so I MUST be anorexic.
I’m EMO, so I MUST cut my wrists.
I’m BLONDE, so I MUST be a ditz.
I’m JEWISH, so I MUST be greedy.
I’m GAY, so I MUST have AIDS.
I’m ARAB, so I MUST be a terrorist.
I’m RELIGIOUS, so I MUST shove my beliefs down your throat.
I don’t have a RELIGION, so I MUST be evil and have no morals.
I am LIBERAL, so I MUST be gay.
I TAKE (or used to take) ANTI-DEPRESSANTS, so I MUST be crazy.
I’m a GUY, so I MUST only want to get into your pants.
I’m IRISH, so I MUST have a bad drinking problem.
I’m INDIAN, so I MUST own a convenient store.
I’m NATIVE AMERICAN, so I MUST dance around a fire screaming like a savage.
I’m a CHEERLEADER, so I MUST be a whore…
I’m RICH, so I MUST be a conceited snob.
I WEAR BLACK, so I MUST be a goth or emo.
I’m “GOOD LOOKIN”, so I MUST not be a virgin.
I HAVE STRAIGHT A’S, so I MUST have no social life.
I DRESS IN UNUSUAL WAYS, so I MUST be looking for attention.
I’m a VEGETARIAN, so I MUST be a crazy political activist.
I’m COLOMBIAN, so I MUST be a drug dealer.
I’m GERMAN, so I must be a Nazi.
I hang out with GAYS, so I MUST be gay too.
I’m a VIRGIN so i MUST be prude.
I play VIDEO GAMES, so I MUST be a nerd.
I’m BLACK so I MUST love fried chicken and kool-aid.
I’m BI so I MUST think every girl I see is hot.
I’m a GIRL who actually EATS LUNCH, so I MUST be fat.
I’m SINGLE so I MUST be ugly.
I’m CHRISTIAN so I MUST hate homosexuals.
I’m MIXED so I must be fucked up.
I’m MUSLIM so I MUST be a terrorist.
I’m in BAND, so I MUST be a dork.
I’m BLACK so I MUST believe JESUS WUZ A BROTHA.
I’m GOTH so I MUST worship the devil.
I Love SHOPPING so I must be rich.
I’m ASIAN so I must be a NERD that does HOMEWORK 24/7.
I’m YOUNG, so I MUST be naive
I LIKE TO BE MYSELF, so I MUST be cocky and arrogant
I’m a MUSICIAN, so I MUST not be doing anything with my life
I wear what I WANT, so I MUST be a poser
I’m a YOUNG WRITER, so I MUST be emo.
I’m EMOTIONAL, so I MUST be depressed
I’m a TEENAGER, so I MUST be rebellious.
I’m POLITE to TEACHERS, so I MUST be a teacher’s pet.
I SMILE a lot, so I MUST be preppy.
I’m AMERICAN, so I MUST be an overweight pig with no boundaries.
I’m a GIRL, so I MUST suck at all guy sports.
I like to READ, so I MUST be a nerd.
I like FIRE so I must be an arsonist.
I have ARTISTIC TALENT, so I MUST think little of those who don’t.
I’m a TEENAGER, so I MUST have no clue
I’m a TEENAGER, so I MUST have a STEREOTYPE.
I’m not the most POPULAR person in school, so I MUST be a loser
I care about the ENVIRONMENT…I MUST be a tree hugging hippy.
I am A DREAMER, so I MUST be unrealistic.
I HAVE MANY DIFFERENT INTERESTS, so I MUST be unable to commit to one thing.
I’m a PERSON, so I MUST be LABELED.
Stereotypes only hurt. Bold everything that "you must be"