Poll: I just want to have a god-damn poll on my profile. Vote Now!
Author has written 1 story for Avatar: Last Airbender.
Everyone calls me Lady Rainbow (no, I'm not kidding), so you can call me that if you'd like. You can really call me whatever you feel like calling me, I have a lot of nicknames if you're having trouble coming up with something. *List further down*
Well, this site is your best bet; I am on here all the time, but here are some other sites I'm on:
Tumblr: (There's really nothing on there right now... I kind of just joined yesterday.)
Fictionpress: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/854282/ (nothing on there right now, but I am working on something.)
Update/ Personality change?:
I'm back... kind of? I'll keep in touch. I know if I update constantly, I'll get pressured by it again, so expect very inconsistent updates.
There are a couple of things you should know about me as an author:
- I, use, commas, a, lot.
- Sometimes I write incredibly long run on sentences that are grammatically incorrect and could probably be split up into several smaller sentences that still get the point across and are a lot less obnoxious to read, not to mention the fact that sentences are supposed to be said in one breath and that's nearly impossible with long-ass run on sentences and it encourages rambling. But I write in fragments too.
- Some chaps say I comes off a tad bit English at times, but I don't believe a bloody word of it.
- Most of the time I spell rather well. Hoever, sumtimes if I rite relly fast, my sentances becum full of errors.
- Intermittently, I use the onomasticon to present myself as more adroit than I veritably am, yet more often than not, I don't use it befittingly, and I come off as a pretentious douche (not to mention, I make absolutely no sense...) Translation: Sometimes I use the thesaurus to sound smarter than I really am, but I usually don't use it correctly and I come off as a pretentious douche. (Thus I try to stay away from it).
- Lady Rainbow loves writing in 3rd person, but people always say I write better in 1st, even though I find it incredibly difficult.
- i really don't like capital letters. you may, however, catch me writing LIKE THIS (sometimes it just looks better).
- I find semicolons to be completely useless; I really don't understand the difference between the semicolon and the period. (Despite this, I do get the urge to use them, and you might see them in my stories.)
- I truly, genuinely adore all those vastly descriptive and completely amazing words that we call adjectives and adverbs.
- Sometimes, I use the same word way too much in the same sentence/paragraph and it just doesn't feel the same as a well written sentence. (This usually happens in reviews, because I don't often care about editing reviews for similar words, though I do check grammar and spelling.)
- Occasionally I leave "secret" messages or little bonus things in my stories, just because I like to do that, and I can be very annoying when I want to. (Like in Crush, if you take the first letter of every chapter, it spells out the title... because I'm a loser...)
Even though all of that's true, I guarantee I am not as bad as I make myself sound and I've never had any major complaints on other sites. I know I make mistakes. I catch as many as I can, but sometimes I miss one or two and I expect/hope people will tell me when I do. In turn, I'll correct any grammatical errors I see in the stories I review. I'm not trying to be rude or "nit-picky," I'm really just trying to help. Please don't take any corrections as a personal attack or an insult, I am not trying to offend you.
Other things you might want to know:
- Favorite Pairings: Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji): Ciel/Sebastian, Drocell/Sebastian. Harry Potter: Ron/Harry, Draco/Harry, Remus/Sirius, Luna/Hermione, Ginny/Hermione, Luna/Neville (The only het pairing I absolutely adore.) Avatar TLA: Zuko/Aang, Aang/Sokka, Katara/Suki, Katara/Toph. Ouran High School Host Club: Kyoya/Tamaki, Hikaru/Kaoru. Big Bang Theory: Leonard/Sheldon, Howard/Raj, Penny/Bernadette, Penny/Amy.
- Least Favorite Pairings: Black Butler: Pluto/Sebastian, Elizabeth/pretty much anyone (hate that bitch.) Harry Potter: Snape/any student. Avatar TLA: Katara/Zuko, Sokka/Katara (it happens, trust me.) Ouran HSHC: Haruhi/Honey (only one I mind.)
- Despite the fact that I am picky with the ships I read, I could care less what people write about. Shipping wars are a pointless waste of time. It's fanfiction people, honestly, ship whoever you want just don't try to convert people to shipping your favorites. Not cool.
- From: America, regretfully (I love Europe)
- Political Affiliation: I prefer to say none, but if I had to choose one, there's very little I disagree on with liberals, so probably Democrat.
- Religious Affiliation: None/Atheist. It's not really a religion to me, but some people consider it such, so I put it there.
- Astrological Sign: I don't really believe that the alignment of the stars or planets or whatever on the month of your birth really affects your personality, but I'm a Libra, if you really must know.
- Sex: Female, but I wish, often, that I was a male.
- Sexual Orientation: Pansexual (Like bisexual, but includes attraction to intersex/transgender/genderqueer/whatever else you can identify as. Basically, gender-blind.)
- Age: 18.
- Major Likes: My Family, My Friends, Reading, Writing, Theatre, Film (Esp. Musicals), Math, Biology, Greek Mythology, Learning new languages, Rain, Vanilla, Anime, Yaoi, Yuri, Autumn, Music, Music videos, Video Games, The ocean, Dramatic Lip-syncing to my favorite songs, Dancing, Sparkles & Glitter, Swimming, Animals, Bleeding-heart liberals, Europe, Drag Queens, Contortionists/All circus performers who don't include animals in their acts, Learning about the Holocaust, and, of course, Rainbows.
- Major Dislikes: History (with some exceptions), Ice, Bugs Bunny, Pantyhose (mostly just the word...), Homophobes, Racism, Countries without free speech, Sexism (I'm talking people who are really sexist, not little gender-biased jokes), People who can't take a joke, Feet (both the measurement and the body part), Adolf Hitler, Justin Beiber, Most organized religion, Reality t.v. shows with idiotic premises (Jersey Shore, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Bad Girls Club, etc.), Spicy foods, Most republicans/All tea-partiers I've met so far, People who change themselves to be "cool."
- If I am ever guilty of describing anatomy in a way that makes you laugh, please let me know. With all the ridiculous euphemisms we have out there, it's bound to happen eventually, but I'll try to keep it serious... smut should never make you laugh unless that was the intention. Seriously, "tunnel of love," "heat seeking moisture missile," what's next... honestly, NEVER let me use one of those... ever!
- I am on this site like every freaking day. Not kidding, I'm obsessed.
- Cliche, I know. Teenager, yaoi fan-girl, fanfiction lover & writer, loves to talk about herself (I really do...). Just remember that there's more to everyone than meets the eye, so don't think those are my only things, or anyone else's for that matter.
- The titles for my fanfictions are usually short, simple, and don't say much about my story. I always feel as though one or two words makes a much better title than five or six.
- I mostly mill around the Avatar: TLA section. It's definitely my favorite fandom.
- If my randomness annoys you, you probably shouldn't talk to me because I talk just how I wrote this profile... except I get more distracted and I can't backspace in real life.
- I only write slash ships and the het ships I actually enjoy (Luna/Neville, Ron/Hermione, Toph/Sokka, Sokka/Suki... that's all I can think of), but I'll read anything that does not include MPreg or original characters.
- I write my stories in full before I post them. So I might keep people waiting for a while, but I (probably) won't be late on updates and I'll probably end up writing some short oneshots in between. (This is no longer true as my schedule has become more hectic and I can't write as much as I used to, updates will be far more inconsistent than what I am used to... hopefully it will still work out... You have been... warned?)
#1 Media Favorites:
- Movie: Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001). This is truly the most beautiful film I have ever seen. It is a musical, but the songs are not typical "musical style" (sung dialogue) and I could see most of them being played as real songs on a radio station. This Broadway film spinoff has character, spunk, and a kind of raw energy that left me wanting more. It's a story about redemption, change, and the nerve it can take to be who you feel you are. I have recommended this to everyone I know who is not homophobic (Homophobes: don't watch... why did you read this far down on my profile page anyways?) and I have yet to get a negative review from anyone. Do yourself a favor and watch this film.
- Book: Phantom by Susan Kay (1990). Yep, turns out my favorite book is a fanfiction... or I would it call one, anyways. This novel delves deeper into the life of Erik, the main character in The Phantom of the Opera. It expertly weaves an intricate back-story into the main plot and adds a new depth to an already deep and conflicted character. You'll never see POTO the same way again.
- Band (2-way tie): Queen (1971 - 1991). I know they're "technically" still active as a band, but who are we kidding? There's no Queen without Freddie Mercury. I think this is my favorite band because they can do everything. They have songs that are funny and campy, they have songs that are serious, they have songs with amazing instrumentals, and the vocals are ALWAYS out of this world. Unless you really want me to talk your ear off, never start a conversation with me about Queen. I could talk about this band forever. R.I.P Freddie.
The Cranberries (1989 - 2003... 2009 - Present). I'm not too fond of their newer stuff, but back in the '90s... wow. I own all of their cds up to 2001 and I can not find a single son that I don't like. Dolores (vocals) has such an amazing voice with a very unique accent that shines through in every song that she sings. And don't pretend that you don't like the song "Zombie," because I know you do (although my favorite is "Linger").
- Fictional Show: Modern Family (2009 - Present). I am sitcom freak, I'll admit it. That doesn't mean it's easy to get me hooked on one though. This is one of the 3-4 sitcoms that I will actually sit down and watch from start to finish without a single complaint. It's fast-paced, edgy, and witty all the way through. It never misses a beat.
- Reality Show: So You Think You Can Dance (2005 - Present). I know a lot of people DESPISE this show. And as far as that goes, none of them have ever given me a reason why other than "It sucks." In fact, most people I know that say it's a terrible show have not even seen anything past the auditions. Anyways, if you can get past the first 3 or 4 seasons (or not watch them,) it becomes one of the best competition shows you will ever see (Unless you hate contemporary style. Don't watch this if you hate contemporary). The choreography is phenomenal, the contestants are likeable, and the judging table is well-balanced with catty, sweet, and critical people. The only thing I don't like about this show is the fact that America turns it into a personality contest when voting. Oh, and Mary Murphy... but, who likes Mary Murphy?
- Anime: Kureimoa (Claymore) (2007). I think the biggest reason I like this anime more than any other anime is it's style. The animation is amazing and unlike any other anime I've seen to date. It has an awesome storyline and a kick-ass female lead, which is a welcome change in a world where action anime usually includes girls mainly for fan service. It's a rather serious anime, so if you like the more light-hearted and humorous side, I wouldn't recommend this. If you're okay with a more serious side, or you're at least willing to try it, I would definitely give this a watch.
Video Game: Fallout 3 (2008). This game is so addicting. I know some people who won't play it simply because it's a Bethesda game ( I know a lot of hipsters...), and it's a shame really. It's a very well constructed sandbox game. The music is amazing and the graphics are phenomenal (though they do bear a certain resemblance to other Bethesda games' graphics). Hey, if you've actually played it and you hate it because you genuinely think it is a bad game, more power to you. But if you've never played it, please don't hate it just because Bethesda made it or because it's popular.
Actor (2-way tie): Will Smith. I know he's over-hyped, but I can't help but love him in everything he does. He plays every character thrown at him with such confidence that you'll believe anything he says. Not to mention the movies he plays in are pretty kick-ass. Favorite works: Hancock and The Pursuit of Happyness.
Malcolm McDowell. Malcolm McDowell is ridiculously amazing, and that's all that need be said about this man. Favorite works: A Clockwork Orange and Caligula (So, I feel the need to comment on Caligula. People keep saying that this movie is a porno of sorts and I just don't see that. It is extremely explicit and there are some scenes that are somewhat porn-like, but never does it seem to be intentionally erotic, or even unintentionally. Calling this a porno is like calling "Shortbus" one. Both are just extremely explicit, they should not, however, be considered pornography.)
Actress: Jennifer Connelly. Ask me in real life and I would probably say my favorite is Winona Ryder, but I feel like Jennifer deserves this spot more. I have a soft spot for Winona because of her roles in Edward Scissorhands and Beetlejuice, and because I've had a huge crush on her since I was 11 or 12, but there's no denying that she can get really stoic and kind of boring in some of her roles. Jennifer adopts her role completely, and always has something to add to make it interesting to the viewer.
Media Favorites that didn't make my #1 list:
- Films: Most animated non-pixar Disney movies, Anastasia, The Swan Princess, The Road To El Dorado, Sinbad, Return to Oz (Undoubtedly the creepiest Disney film I've ever seen), Bent, Get Real, Shelter, Edge of Seventeen, Latter Days, Soldier's Girl, The Breakfast Club, Heathers, Let Me In/Let The Right One In, The Ring/Ringu, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Sweeney Todd, Moulin Rouge, Were The World Mine, The Big Gay Musical, Chicago, Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera, Pulp Fiction, Million Dollar Baby, The Pursuit of Happyness, I am Legend, Shawshank Redemption, Lord of the Rings 2 & 3, Harry Potter 3, Trainspotting, Requiem for a Dream, Edward Scissorhands, A Clockwork Orange, Caligula, Spirited Away, Lost and Delirious, Labyrinth, Hancock, (500) Days of Summer, 50/50, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Truman Show, Mysterious Skin, Crazy Stupid Love, 21 Jump Street (remake and original).
- Books:Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green, Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser, Harry Potter Series (you should know who that's by), The Hunger Games Series (also should know who this is by), The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo, Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, The Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkein, LOTR Series by J.R.R Tolkein, A Series of Unfortunate Events by "Lemony Snicket" (I never grew out of this series), Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, many, many others.
- Music/Bands/Artists: I am a '90s girl all the way. I like other stuff, but I can not get enough of the '90s. Alternative rock is my main obsession, but I like most genres. My other favorite genres include Emo-pop, ska punk, Dancehall, and Classic Rock. My favorite bands/artists currently are (in no particular order): Taking Back Sunday, Mayday Parade, Third Eye Blind, Nine Inch Nails, Barenaked Ladies, The Beatles, Awolnation, Gogol Bordello, Flogging Molly, Franz Ferdinand, Train, Blink 182, Florence and the Machine, Imogen Heap, Neon Trees, Dido, Garbage, The Offspring, CAKE, Fastball, Sublime/Sublime with Rome, Blind Melon, Nirvana, Rusted Root, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M, David Bowie, Cole Porter, The Killers, The White Stripes/The Raconteurs/Anything with Jack White in it, My Chemical Romance, Panic! @ The Disco, The All American Rejects, The Smiths, Smashing Pumpkins, Tegan and Sara, Kat Devlin, Melissa Etheridge, Mika, Iron & Wine, Damien Rice, The Goo Goo Dolls, Ok Go, Lily Allen, Kate Nash, Regina Specktor, Oasis, Savage Garden, and Matchbox Twenty, but they are apt to change frequently.
- TV Shows & Anime: Skins, House, Rupaul's Drag Race, Face Off, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, Criminal Minds, Game of Thrones, Ouran High School Host Club, Avatar: TLA, Hetalia, Hare and Guu, Kuroshitsuji, Soul Eater, Fullmetal Alchemist, Elfen Lied, Most shows on LOGO & CurrentTV channels.
- Video Games: Bioshock I&II, Rage, Skyrim, Star Wars: KOTOR, Jade Empire, Sid Meier's Civilization, Viva Pinata, Beautiful Katamari, Saints Row I&II, American McGee's Alice, Super Mario Brothers (can't knock the classics), Doom, Resident Evil (all of them are good :) ), Morrowind.
- Actors/Actresses: Winona Ryder, Milla Jovovich, Johnny Depp, Morgan Freeman, Hilary Swank, Neil Patrick Harris, Ewan McGregor, Zooey Deschanel, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Steve Carell, Emma Stone, Tina Fey.
- Sports (To Watch): Figure Skating, Rugby, Lacrosse, Basketball, Tennis.
- Sports (To Participate In): Swimming, Track, Paintball (I consider it a sport...), Tennis, Biking.
- Quote: "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Color: Orange.
- Food: Alfredo, any type of pasta, really.
- Flavor of Ice Cream: Cookie Dough.
- Animal: Tie between Red Pandas and Malaysian Tapirs.
Just some random-ass facts about me:
- I got the nickname Lady Rainbow because I have a huge obsession with rainbows (seriously, it's like an addiction) and I dyed my hair rainbow...
- If I ever get really mad at you, just give me some chocolate milk and everything will be okay again. Seriously... it's really soothing to me.
- I've been called Moses because of the way I eat my pancakes.
- I love to argue, it's probably one of my favorite things to do.
- I suck at rhyming.
- I can't spell the word rhythm without checking how to (like I just did). Usually I spell it rythym.
- My favorite word is colloquialism.
- Winona Ryder is mine, lay off bitches. Just kidding... or am I?
- I find spiders to be very misunderstood creatures.
- I quote "The Big Bang Theory" so often. It annoys people...
- I find the name Jericho to be the sexiest name in the world.
- I hate the color pink.
- I have really strange dreams. I know pretty much everyone says that, but everyone I've actually told my dreams to (pretty much everyone I know) says that mine are way weirder than their dreams.
- And lastly: I hate pizza. dun dun dun. I've actually driven someone out of the room before with this fact. Not kidding. He called me "unpatriotic" and left the room. (I don't know if he knew that pizza's Italian or not...)
- Lady Rainbow
- Jewel of the Nile
- Balls (Don't ask.)
And yes, I answer to all of them.
Copy & Paste Stuff I stole from other users or "stumbled" into :):
How to tell if your friend writes fanfiction: (I actually made this one, but feel free to take it from me if you want to.)
Know that not every fanfiction writer has all of these symptoms and there is no completely sure way to tell if a person is writing fanfiction unless you have seen it with your own eyes.
- Names of his/her favorite TV Show/book/video game/etc. characters have been added to his/her computer's dictionary.
If your friend displays any of these symptoms, it is possible that they write fanfiction. Know that writing fanfiction is a truly debilitating disorder and you should seek treatment for them as soon as possible. If caught early we may be able to induce permanent writer's block and prevent the creation of future fanfiction. Do your part to keep the internet safe from fanfiction.
If you support gay marriage and want to show it, paste this into your profile.
1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.
Things to do on an Elevator:
Signs Your Cat May Be Trying To Kill You:
1. Seems mighty chummy with the dog all of a sudden
2. He actually *does* have your tongue.
3. You find a stash of "Feline of Fortune" magazines behind the couch.
4. Cyanide pawprints all over the house.
5. You wake up to find a bird's head in your bed.
6. As the wind blows over the grassy knoll in downtown Dallas, you get a faint whiff of catnip.
7.Droppings in litter box spell out "REDRUM."
8.Catch him with a new mohawk looking in the mirror saying, "Mew looking at me? Mew looking at me?"
9.Takes attentive notes every time "Itchy and Scratchy" are on.
10.You find blueprints for a Rube Goldberg device that starts with a mouse chased into a hole and ends with flaming oil dumped on your bed.
11.Has taken a sudden interest in the wood chipper.
12. Instead of dead birds, leaves cartons of Marlboros on your doorstep.
13.Ball of yarn playfully tied into a hangman's noose.
14.You find a piece of paper labelled "MY WIL" which says "LEEV AWL 2 KAT."
15.Now sharpens claws on your car's brake lines.
Reasons Why Cookie Dough Is Better Than A Penis:
1.It's enjoyable hard or soft.
2.It makes a mess, too -- but it tastes better.
3.It doesn't mind if you take your anger out on it.
4.You always want to swallow.
5.It won't complain if you share it with friends.
6.It's "quick and convenient".
7.You can enjoy it more than once.
8.It comes already protectively wrapped.
9.You can make it as large as you want.
10.If you don't finish it, you can save it for later.
11.It's easier to get the kind you want.
12.You can comparison-shop.
13.You know what the extra weight is from.
14.You can put it away when you've had enough.
15.You know if yours has never been eaten before.
16. It won't complain if you chew on it.
17.It comes chocolate flavored.
18.You can return it -- satisfaction is guaranteed.
19.It's always ready to go.
20.You won't get arrested if you eat it in public.
21.You don't have to change the sheets if you eat it in bed.
22.It won't wake you up because it's hard.
23.It won't get jealous if you pick up another one.
24.You can tell your friends how much you've eaten without sounding like you're bragging.
25.It is very pliable.
26.It's easy to pick up.
27. It never has an insecurity problem with its size.
Be On The Lookout For The Following New Viruses:
CLINTON VIRUS - Gives you a 7 Inch Hard Drive with NO memory.
VIAGRA VIRUS - Makes a new hard drive out of an old floppy.
LEWINSKY VIRUS - Sucks all the memory out of your computer, then emails everyone about what it did.
RONALD REAGAN VIRUS - Saves your data, but forgets where it is stored.
MIKE TYSON VIRUS - Quits after two bytes.
OPRAH WINFREY VIRUS - Your 300 MB hard drive suddenly shrinks to 100 MB, then slowly expands to 200 MB.
DR. JACK KEVORKIAN VIRUS - Deletes all old files.
ELLEN DEGENERES VIRUS - Disks can no longer be inserted.
TITANIC VIRUS (A strain of the Lewinsky Virus) - Your whole computer goes down (but I think "we go on").
DISNEY VIRUS - Everything in your computer goes Goofy :}.
PROZAC VIRUS - Screws up your RAM but your processor doesn't care.
JOEY BUTTAFUCO VIRUS - Only attacks minor files.
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER VIRUS - Terminates some files, leaves, but IT WILL BE BAAAAACK.
LORENA BOBBIT VIRUS - Reformats your hard drive into a 3.5 inch floppy, then discards it through Windows.
30 Ways To Say NO:
I'd love to, but...
1.I have to floss my cat.
2.I've dedicated my life to linguini.
3.I want to spend more time with my blender.
4.The President said he might drop in.
5.the man on television told me to stay tuned.
6.I've been scheduled for a karma transplant.
7.I'm staying home to work on my cottage cheese sculpture.
8.It's my parakeet's bowling night.
9.It wouldn't be fair to the other Beautiful People.
10.I'm building a pig from a kit.
11.I did my own thing and now I've got to undo it.
12.I'm enrolled in aerobic scream therapy.
13.There's a disturbance in the Force.
14.I'm doing door-to-door collecting for static cling.
15.I have to go to the post office to see if I'm still wanted.
16.I'm teaching my ferret to yodel.
17.I have to check the freshness dates on my dairy products.
18.I'm going through cherry cheesecake withdrawal.
19.I'm planning to go downtown to try on gloves.
20.My crayons all melted together.
21.I'm trying to see how long I can go without saying yes.
22.I'm in training to be a household pest.
23.I'm getting my overalls overhauled.
24.My patent is pending.
25.I'm attending the opening of my garage door.
26.I'm sandblasting my oven.
27.I'm worried about my vertical hold.
28.I'm going down to the bakery to watch the buns rise.
29.I'm being deported.
30.The grunion are running.
I, Lady Rainbow, do solemnly swear to review all the fictions I read, regardless of the number of reviews, its age, or anything else. Copy and Paste this into your profile to join the Revolution.
Anyways, I hope you have an awesome day and an even better life :)