Author has written 20 stories for Harry Potter, StarTrek: Voyager, and Battlestar Galactica: 2003.
College grad, two bachelors degrees, history and fine arts.. like most twenty-somethings I work a crappy job that doesn't make ends meet.
About Me: Avid reader.. printmaker.. sports fan.
Authors (specific favorite books): Hermann Hesse (Demian, Narcissus and Goldmund, The Glass Bead Game)Issac Bashevis Singer (Meshugah, The Slave, Shadows on the Hudson), Joyce Carol Oates (THEM, We Were the Mulvaney's), Vladimir Nabokov (Pale Fire, Invitation to a Beheading), Franz Kafka, John Irving (The World According to Garp, A Widow for One Year),...
Books: Freedom or Death (Kazantzakis), A People's History of the United States (Zinn), The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Lord of the Rings, Moneyball, The Plague (Camus), The Count of Monte Cristo(Dumas), Madame Bovary...
Television: Battlestar Galactica, Futurama, Scrubs, Firefly, Star Trek (TNG, Voyager, DS9), Stargate SG-1, Castle, Veronica Mars, The Simpsons, a couple of news shows...
Movies: Monty Python, Dogma, Serenity, To Sir With Love, The Sound of Music, Star Trek First Contact, Garden State, Ghost World, Bend it Like Beckham, Star Trek, Charlie Bartlett, Harold and Maude..
Music: The White Stripes, The Dresden Dolls, Amanda Palmer, Sondre Lerche, Regina Spektor, Beethoven, The Clash...
o o o
I have an open review policy due to: a) people can't always log into fanfiction.net and b) in hopes that whether the review is positive or negative they will leave an email address so I can get back to them on their concerns or problems with the story... maybe I should quit trusting the imaginary internet people and go back to an email only review policy?
o o o o o o o
In regards to the review for chapter 2 of "A Life Beginning": 'The dialogue in this chapter was terrible and very out of character.'
I will accept that my dialogue may very well suck .. but to the out of character-ness:
1) Ginny has a set character, when did that happen?
2) A transition chapter settling many things..
3) The characters are feeling relief that the war is over and sorrow from their losses.
4) Ron is busy putting up shingles, he's not too concerned with talking as much as he is with repairing his FAMILY HOME!
5) You don't keep Ron Weasley away from his Hogwart's meal... Now who is entirely coherent early in the morning or at least until they've had some caffeine? I don't imagine Ron nor Ginny being morning people.
6) This story is an Alternate Universe.
7) Harry's internal monologue is pondering life, the universe and everything, that would send you into fits of supposed OC as well, to grow one has to progress beyond what they know and perhaps even change from how they were before and he's doing that.
8) Hermione, well she just got back from a VERY long flight and is rather exhausted physically and emotionally from the draining experience of going through a war and bringing her parents back from a forced loss of their selves and they were NOT pleased with her, so you might be a bit less then your brilliant self at that stage too.
If these are not valid and sensical reasons for the supposed OOC-ness of Chapter 2, I don't know what would make you happy.. Or a helpful thing would be to make more suggestions then a brief statement that doesn't help to improve anything at all.
o o o o
18 November 2012
Hi, I apologize for the lack of updates. The excuses are the typical. I.E: a full time job (looking for a second one), battling chronic pain (years and years) and recent surgery to *hopefully* fix that problem. I spent most of the past year working, then sleeping the rest of the time, willing myself to function, its nice to finally know why. Still lingering pain, but its better. I've also been reading a lot, last month in one week I read at least four books so that's not helping you guys, I've been jumping around from classics to modern stuff, lots of 19th/20th century mostly.
Ah, the writing, I have been writing bits and pieces of A Life Beginning. I have many parts, outlined bits, just have to make it go together or weave them into something new. My goal is to get something to you all by this time next month. Hopefully by the end of the week, but I cannot guarantee that. I have a show to submit to by midnight tomorrow and still want to print (intaglio printing) another to enter for the jury to bat around.
o o o o
Thank you for visiting my profile.. looking at the stats section, I find it amazing how many people from so many different countries read on this site, its pretty awesome. And thank you for reading!