Author has written 3 stories for Wolves of the Beyond, Maximum Ride, and Kuroshitsuji.
Hey y'all. I'm asel1 or fullmetal-mix, and all you really need to know about me is that I'm such a massive nerd that I become ashamed of myself daily. I'm a major fan of books, anime, and manga. I have a passion for art and writing interests me too, though I'm mostly here to read. I do have a lot of fic ideas, though, so keep watching!
I generally write one-shots, serious or humor or crack. The first fic I wrote was Heep Speaks: How I did It. It's extremely short, and the writing style is far less superior than my current one (ditto Erasing Mistakes). But some people seem to like it, so I'll keep it up.
I'm very active on deviantArt, so check out my account, asel1.
I also am on Tumblr--fullmetal-mix is my username.
Then, of course, I'm also on AO3 as liberosis.
Manga/Anime I Like (in...sort of order? The first two are in order).
1. Fullmetal Alchemist (both animes, the manga, movies, and some light novels. Also, I cry over the series at least once a week. Just so y'all know.)
2. Ouran HSHC
3. Shingeki no Kyojin
4. Soul Eater
6. Ao No Exorcist
7. Death Note (manga only)
9. Wolf's Rain (anime only)
11. D. N. Angel (anime only)
13. Mekaku City Actors (anime only)
14. WataMote (anime only)
15. Fruits Basket
16. Silver Spoon (anime only...will read Arakawa's masterpiece sometime)
17. Tokyo Ghoul
18. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
19. Gugure Kokkuri-san (anime only)
20. Parasyte (anime only)
21. Sword Art Online (sighs loudly)
22. Zankyou no Terror
23. Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (anime only)
24. Yowamushi Pedal (anime only)
25. Daily Lives of High School Boys (anime only)
26. Kamisama no Iutoori (manga #1 only, will watch movie when it comes out)
27. Avatar: The Last Airbender (not an anime, I know. But close enough to be on this list)
28. The Legend of Korra (see above--also, yaay. We finally got a season that wasn't utter garbage)
29. Super High Earth Defense Club LOVE! (or something?)
30. Assassination Classroom (anime only)
31. Death Parade (anime only)
I've read a ton of books...here's some faves.
1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus
2. The Kane Chronicles
3. Harry Potter
4. Maximum Ride
5. Ender's Game (asjkdlawesome)
6. John Green's stufffff
7. Maze Runner trilogy
8. Alex Rider
10. The Hunger Games
11. Warrior Cats (well, I liked the series when I was 12)
12. Artemis Fowl
13. Reasons Why (see what I did there)
Random, Time-Wasting Stuff:
MAXIMUM RIDE FAN QUESTIONS:
1. Do you think Iggy is hot?
He's tRES BIEN. I could go Tsukiyama Shuu on him.
2. Did you cry when Ari died?
What, the first time, the second time...?
3. Do you think Fang is hot.
Sure. Character-wise, though...not so much.
4. How do you pronounce Ari's name?
Ar-ree (although, it also could be Zom-bie)
5. Did you laugh every time you read the name Mr. Chu?
6. -SPOILER ALERT- In MAX, did you laugh hysterically when Total started talking about marriage?
7. -SPOILER ALERT- Did you squeal at all the faxness in MAX?
8. Did you angrily throw your book across the room when the flock split up?
Actully it was against my bed...
9. Who is your favorite character?
10. Do you like Jeb?
Why the hell not?
11. -SPOILER ALERT- Were you making a genuine "WTF" face when Max and Fang grew gills?
In all honesty, I wasn't especially surprised.
12. Did you think MAX was better than TFW?
13. -SPOILER ALERT- Did you get slightly fed up with Nudge and Angel's slight attitudes in MAX?
They had attitudes? No, I enjoyed Nudge's emoness, and Angel is awesomely evil.
14. Which book is you’re all time favorite?
School's Out--Forever. Iggy, I love you. I also like the Fugitives series in general.
15. If the flock had a theme song, what would it be?
To the riiiight, to the leeeft, we will fiiight...((This is War by 30SecondsToMars))
16. Have you ever imagined the flock as a band playing whatever song comes up when listening to your iPod?
This is kind of embarrassing, but I imagine anime characters and seiyuus singing the songs.
17. Who do you think the Voice should be?
Confucious ((SPOILER ALERT ARMIN ARLERT)) Welll actully it's Angel. Now, suddenly, I find a bunch of plot holes.
19. What bugged you the most about TFW?
Nothing really. Lack of Iggy? People complain about lack of plot, but I didn't really notice what they were going on about.
15. MIGGY or FAX?
Fax...I just can't picture Miggy. On second thought, though, Miggy would be cuter.
Tamaki Prince Type:
You are French
Kyoya Cool Type:
You wear glasses (or, rather I used to)
Hunny Loli Shota Type:
You're the shortest out of your friends.
Mori Wild Type:
You're the tallest out of your friends
Hikaru Devil Type:
You and your sibling have a strong bond
Kaoru Devil Type:
You like to play games
Haruhi Natural Type:
You don't care about trivial things like appearance (0.5 on this one. Whether I care about my appearance depends on the situation)
Things I am not allowed to do at Hogwarts:
1) Seamus Finnigan is not after me lucky charms
2) I will not sing "We're Off to See the Wizard" when sent to the Headmaster's office.
3) I will not bring a Magic Eight Ball to Divination class
4) I will not, under any circumstances, ask Harry Potter who died and made him boss
5) Professor Flitwick's first name is not Yoda
6) Remus Lupin does not want a flea collar
7) First years are not allowed to be fed to Fluffy
8) I will not make any jokes about Lupin and his "time of the month"
9) I will not give Hagrid Pokemon cards and convince him they're real animals
10) I will not sing the Badger Song during Hufflepuff-Slytherin quidditch matches
12) When Death Eaters are attacking Hogsmeade, I shall not point at the Dark Mark and shout "To the Batmoblie, Robin!"
13) When a class-mate falls asleep, I shall not take advantage of the fact and draw a Dark Mark on his arm.
14) It's not necessary for me to yell "BURN!" every time Snape takes house points from Gryffindor
15) Any resemblance between Dementors and Nazgul is simply coincidental
16) I will not refer to the Weasley Twins as "bookends"
17) I will not scare the Arithmancy students with my Calculus book.
18) I will not hold my wand in the air before I casting spells shouting "I got the power!"
19) Its not necessary for me to yell "Bamf!" every time I apparate.
20) I am not allowed to sing my own personal spy music when wandering the halls.
21) "To conquer the earth with flying monkeys" is not an appropriate career choice.
22) I am not allowed to make lightsaber sounds with my wand.
23) I am not allowed to paint the house elves blue and call them smurfs.
24) I will not slip Malfoy a Love Potion in his morning goblet of Pumpkin Juice.
25) I will not say the phrase "Dude, get a life" to Voldemort.
26) Should I chance to see a Death Eater wearing a white mask, I should not start singing anything from The Phantom of the Opera.
27) I will not refer to the Accio charm as "the Force".
28) I will not call Dumbledore "Santa Claus!" during the Christmas Holidays.
29) I will not put Muggle fairy book in the History section at the library.
30) I will not send Snape a bottle of shampoo for Christmas.
31.)I will not use Umbridge's quill to write, "I told you I was hardcore".
32.)House elves are not acceptable replacements for Bludgers.
33.) Starting a betting pool on the fate of this year's Defense Against Dark Arts teacher is tasteless and tacky, not a clever moneymaking concept.
34.)I am not allowed to tell Hufflepuffs there is no Santa Clause.
35.) I am not allowed to refer to myself as the New Dark Lord.
36.)I am not allowed to sneak into Professor Snape's private chambers to watch him sing "I Will Survive in the mirror", as it is disturbing.
37.) I am not allowed to steal Professor Flitwicks wand, hold it over my head and laugh as he tries to reach it.
38.)I will not replace Madam Pomfrey's Skele-Gro with pumpkin juice.
39.) I will not replace Professor Snape's pumpkin juice with Skele-Gro.
40.) I will not impersonate the Swedish Chef in Potions class.
41.)The next time that I see Rita Skeeter, I am not to threaten her with a can of Raid.
42.)I will not subvert the lock on the fourth-floor girls' bathroom and sell its location to first-years as "The Chamber of Secrets".
43.)When applying for a post at the Ministry of Magic after graduation, I should not cite "Fred and George Weasley" as my greatest influence at Hogwarts.
44.)Putting down "Lord Voldemort" is probably not best either.
45.)A Muggle "vacuum cleaner" is not acceptable Quidditch equipment, even if it has been enchanted to fly.
46.) Hogsmeade village is not "a wretched hive of scum and villainy. “
47.)I will not tell Professor Trelawney that I prophesied her death.
48.). I will also not tell Professor Trelawney that I had a vision of her killing the Dark Lord.
49.)Sending rings to the nine senior faculty at Yuletide, with the return address "Voldemort", is not funny.
50.)Insisting that the school acquire computers and network the buildings is a pointless request as they claim that a quill and parchment is sufficient.
51.)Calling the Ghost-busters is a cruel joke to play on the resident ghosts and poltergeists.
52.)I may not have a private army.
53.) I must not substitute chocolate-flavored laxative for Professor Lupin's prescription-strength chocolate.
54.)Nor am I to in any way substitute, alter, hide, or otherwise tamper with Professor Dumbledore's candy.
55.)I am not the wicked witch of the west.
56.) -I will not refer to Professor Umbridge as such either.
57.) I will not melt if water is poured over me.
58.) -Neither will Professor Umbridge.
59.)I shouldn't use Photo-shop to create incriminating photos of my house prefects or tutors.
60.)I will not enchant the Golden Snitch to fly up the nearest fan's nose.
61.) I do not know the Avada Kedavra curse, and pretending I do to people who annoy me is not funny, no matter how much they injure themselves diving for cover.
62.) I will not test my Potions assignments by spiking Snape's drink with them.
63.) - Especially not all of them at once.
64.) I will not try to hock off my old piercings as "priceless Muggle artifacts."
65.) I will not claim my X-Files tapes are "Auror Training Videos."
66.)Professor Snape definitely does not have pointed ears, and under no circumstances is he to be addressed as 'Spock'.
67.)I am not able to see the Grim Reaper, nor am I to claim that he is standing by the Headmaster, tapping an hourglass and looking at him impatiently. Or, for that matter, Harry Potter.
68.)When being interrogated by a member of staff, I am not to wave my hand and announce 'These are not the droids you are looking for'.
69.)Thestrals do not resemble the Muggle toys known as 'My Little Pony'.
70.)The four Houses are not the Morons, the Borons, the Smarts and the Junior Death Eaters.
71.)I am not authorized to negotiate a peace treaty with Voldemort.
72.)Despite my personal beliefs, Quidditch would not be improved by the introduction of muggle firearms.
73.)Though they are doubtless more athletic, battle-axes are not acceptable either.
74.)I will not claim there is a prequel to Hogwarts, A History that explains about Bilbo Baggins.
75.)I will not use the Marauder's Map for stalking purposes.
76.)I am not allowed to introduce Peeves to paint-balling.
77.)I am not allowed to ask Professor Dumbledore if the size of his beard is 'compensating for something'.
78.)I will not create a betting pool on that Voldemort is Harry Potter's father.
79.)Headmaster Dumbledore is of no relation to Willy Wonka.
80.)Professor Snape's proper given name is not Princess Silvermoon Fairywing GlimmerMcSparkles.
81.) I will not take out a life insurance policy on Harry Potter.
82.)Harry Potter and Ron Weasley are not the magical equivalent of "Batman and Robin".
83.)I will not play the Imperial March theme for Professor Snape.
84.). - However, when Lucius Malfoy visits, I may play it.
85.)If I insist on carrying out my plans of producing "Riddle-de-dee: "The Voldemort Musical", I will do so under a nom-de-plume.
86.) I will not attempt to recruit the title character to play himself. Even if he looks good in tap shoes.
87.)I should not refer to Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle collectively as "Team Rocket" either.
88.)I am not allowed to discuss my theory that Voldemort is actually the second cousin of Sauron.
89.)I am not a 'ninja sent here by Lord Voldemort to destroy Harry Potter' and should stop shouting this at meal times.
90.)It's not tasteful to approach Cho wearing a shirt that says All the good looking ones die young with a picture of Cedric Diggory on it.
91.)I will not yell "Hey look It's Lord Voldemort!" at Hogsmeade
92.)I will not tease Voldemort about the time he needed his pink flowery teddy bear to comfort him when he had that bad bad nightmare about Harry
93.)I will not charm a poster of Britney Spears on Draco's wall
94.) I am not allowed to claim that growing marijuana or hallucinogenic mushrooms is "Extra Herbology Work."
95.) I will not use my socks to make hand-puppets of the Slytherin-House mascot.
96.) If the thought of a spell makes me giggle for more than 15 seconds, assume that I am not allowed to use it.
97.) I will not lock the Slytherins and Gryffindors in a room together and bet on which House will come out alive.
98.) I will not charm the suits of armor to do a rendition of "The Knights of the Round Table" for the Christmas Feast.
99.) I am not allowed to declare an official "Hug A Slytherin Day."
100.) I will never ask Harry if his Voldie senses are tingling.
101.)I will not steal Gryffindor's sword from Dumbledore's office and use it to patrol the hallways.
102.) I will not dress up as Voldemort on Halloween.
103.) It is a bad idea to tell Snape he takes himself to seriously.
104.) I will not tell Sir Cadogan that The Knight's Who Say Ni have challenged him to a duel, then have all the students say, 'Ni' from various directions.
105.) I am not the King of the Potato People and I do not have a flying carpet.
106.) I am not allowed to begin each Herbology class by singing the theme song to “Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.”
107.) I will not dress up as Voldemort for Halloween.
108.) I will not call Professor McGonagall “McGoogles”.
109.) I will not sing the entire Multiplication Rocks series during Arithmacy exams.
110.) Dumbledore is not Gandalf, and the Triforce is not hidden in Hogwarts.
111.) There is no such thing as the chamber of Double Secret Probation.
112.) My name is not “the Dark Lord Happy-Pants” I am not allowed to sign my papers as such.
113.) Bringing fortune cookies to divination class does not count for extra credit.
114.) I will not douse Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak with lemon juice to see if he will become visible while wearing it and standing by the fire in the common room.
115.) I will not tell first years they should build a tree house in the Whomping Willow.
116.) I will not teach the house elves to impersonate Jar Jar Binks.
117.) I will not give Gryffindors pixie sticks.
118.) I am not allowed to refer to Susan Bones, Hannah Abbot, and Justin Finch-Fletchley as Blossom, Buttercup, and Bubbles.
119.) A time turner is not a flux capacitator I should therefore not try to install it in a muggle car.
120.) I shall not refer to DADA professors as canaries in a coal mine.
121.) When fighting death-eaters in the annual June good vs. evil fight I will not lift my wand skyward and shout “There can only be ONE”.
122.) A wand is for magic only, it is not for picking noses, playing snooker, or playing drums no matter how bored I become.
123.) It is generally accepted that cats and dragons can not interbreed and I should not attempt to disprove this theory no matter how wicked the results would be.
124.) 42 is not the answer to every question on the O.W.L.S.
125.) I am allowed to have a cat, rat, toad, or an owl. I am not allowed to have reticulated python, snow leopard, Tasmanian devil, or piranha.
126.) No matter how good an Australian accent I can do I will not imitate Steve Irwin during Care of Magical Creatures class.
127.) I will not refer to the Defense against the Dark arts professor as Kenny, even if he is wearing an orange anorak.
I OWE MY MOTHER
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE. "If you're going
2. My mother taught me RELIGION. "You better pray that will come out of
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL. "If you don't straighten up,
4. My mother taught me LOGIC. " Because I said so, that's why."
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC. "If you fall out of that swing and
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT. "Make sure you wear clean underwear,
7. My mother taught me IRONY. "Keep crying, and I'll give you something
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. "Shut your mouth
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM. "Will you look at that dirt
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA"You'll sit there until all that
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER. "This room of yours looks as if
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY. "If I told you once, I've told
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE. "I brought you into this
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION. "Stop acting like
15. My mother taught me about ENVY." There are millions of less
16 My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION. "Just wait until we get
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING. "You are going to get it when
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE. "If you don't stop crossing
19. My mother taught me ESP. "Put your sweater on; don't you think I
20. My mother taught me HUMOR. "When that lawn mower cuts off your
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. "If you don't eat your
22. My mother taught me GENETICS. "You're just like your father."
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS. "Shut that door behind you. Do
24. My mother taught me WISDOM. "When you get to be my age, you'll
And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE. "One day you'll
Wisconsin, according to Jeff Foxworthy:
If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you may live in Wisconsin.
If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't even work there, you may live in Wisconsin.
If you've worn shorts and a jacket at the same time, you may live in Wisconsin. (Like, all the time)
If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Wisconsin.
If "vacation" means going anywhere North of Milwaukee for the weekend, you may live in Wisconsin.
If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Wisconsin. (That's...not what everyone else does?)
If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Wisconsin.
If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day and back again, you may live in Wisconsin.
If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Wisconsin.
If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both doors unlocked, you may live in Wisconsin.
If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Wisconsin.
If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you may live in Wisconsin.
If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph, you're going 70 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Wisconsin.
If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Wisconsin.
If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you may live in Wisconsin.
If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live in Wisconsin.
If you find 10 degrees "a little chilly", you may live in Wisconsin. (Dude. 20 degrees is really warm, in the winter anyway. I have gone out in only a sweatshirt and jeans at that temp.)
If you actually understand these jokes, repost this so all of your Wisconsin friends and others can see, you definitely do live - or have lived - in Wisconsin
Unsafe External Link