Poll: In my rewrite of Neo Black Knight rising, should I make the Main character a self-insert or a original character? Vote Now!
Author has written 18 stories for Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Naruto, One Piece, Spectacular Spider-Man, Ben 10, Digimon, Persona Series, Bleach, Manhwa/Korean Comics/만화, Megami Tensei, Kingdom Hearts, ManHua/Chinese Comics/漫画, Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Akame ga Kiru/アカメが斬る.
"Pirates are evil? The navy is righteous? Those views changes as often as the tides. Kids who've never known peace have different values from those who've never know war. Those who stand at the top can decide the definition of ''evil''. Justice will triumph, you say? Of course it will. Because the winner will become justice!"
The Current status of my stories, and a little bit of behind the scenes info on them:
- A Savage Tale: Discontinued
The idea for this "story" came to me when I was looking at some fanart of R63 versions of Ben and Albedo. But then I dropped this story when I simply lost interest and realized that it was too generic. The beginning of it was hap-hazard and cliche.
- A gamer among Pirates: Going under a slight rewrite
- Arrancar of the sound: Discontinued
- Devil and Justice: Hiatus and possible rewrite
- Digimon Data Squad AU: Discontinued and a possible, much-needed rewrite
I also had this weird-ish idea of making it so that DATS takes a page out of the Doves' book(From Tokyo Ghoul) and make weapons from the data of wild digimons with sufficient strength, mainly because we aren't really shown how the people at DATS who don't have a digimon partner can fight digimon. And it really doesn't fall out of the realm of possibility, considering that Kurata made legions of Gizumons out of dead digimons, so making inanimate weapons should be child's play when compared to that.
- Naruto Shippuden: Age of Ultron: Up for adoption
- Neo Black Knight Rising: Discontinued and possible rewrite with an Gamer touch.
- One Piece: the Tale of the Cold Magician: Adopted by The Pokémon Traveler
- Replay: Hiatus and more than likely rewrite
EDIT: This story more than likely won't get re-written, as I've started losing interest in Naruto, but if I do happen to start a re-write, the story will not be the same as it was in Shippuden's Canon, which means that there'll be no Kaguya to shift the blame away from the Uchiha, and the Uchiha won't be pulling new superpowers out of their asses.
- Silver and Black: Discontinued
- Tower of Gamer: going strong and full steam ahead
- Variables: temporary hiatus and possible rewrite
Stories I might do in the future:
- A Kingdom Hearts BBS S-I(Published)
A somewhat generic idea, but I do intend to do something different with it. Mainly, instead of the S-I being chosen by the Keyblade, I'll show a possibility on how a Keyblade might be forged. And the end result would leave the S-I with a huge chunk of his light sealed in the form of a keyblade, leaving his heart leaning towards the darkness. And the first world that he stumbles upon? Why Land of Departure of course, during Aqua's and Terra's exam, right before the light orbs go berserk. And I think you guys can guess who'll be blamed for it... I am planning for the S-I to visit some worlds in the realm of darkness.
- RWBY S-I: I recently got introduced into RWBY a few months back, and I'm loving it so far. The basic idea is simple. Insert a partial Avatar of myself into the RWBY universe, a little bit before the first episode, give the S-I
I am planning to give him a team of his own, but unlike other people who did something similar, I'm not going to replace any characters, or simply add the S-I into a pre-existing team, but I'll make a whole team of OC's. But unlike team RWBY or team JNPR, this team will not be a well-oiled machine, but an error. A team that shows the more realistic outcome of what Ozpin's method of building teams would do, an Error.
- Inserting a S-I with and Atma into the Akame Ga Kill series(Published)I just got my PS2 Emulator working on my laptop, and I popped in Digital Devil Saga, and I'm liking the Atma/demon form system. And the only anime that I was watching at the time, where something like that would fit is Akame Ga Kill. But unlike others who put OC's into Akame Ga Kill, I'm not putting the S-I with the Night Raid, well not at first that is.
- Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V Gamer S-I fanfic: I'll be honest, I hated the series when it first came out, mostly because Yuya pulled Pendulum summoning out of his ass, but as the series went on, it developed a very interesting story. I'm thinking of using a Machine-type deck, but if somebody suggests a better deck type, I might use one, if not, I'll make use an OC Machine archetype. And as for how the Gamer power would work in a Yu-Gi-Oh series, well, it could work similar to a Yu-Gi-Oh game, meaning that all the skills would be more along the lines of "increase the chance of drawing card X by 15%". And I'm sort of split when it comes to what Dimension the S-I will start from, but it won't be the XYZ dimension.
- Here's one that I first thought up as a joke, but it has been buzzing in my head for a while, it's a Highschool DxD S-I, and hear me out on this one: The S-I dies, but is brought back to life by Azazel, using a experimental Fallen Angel version of the Evil Pieces, which he made from the remains of a dead Fallen Angel. The twist is, that the Fallen Angel used to make it was a chick and now the S-I is one, and Azazel doesn't have a way to fix it.
- Highschool DxD S-I, where the S-I will have Quincy and Gamer powers: This one has a bit more thought put into it. Now, similar to my East Blue Files story, Hollows would start appearing in the DxD world. The reason as to why I would give the S-I Quincy powers is to make some level of animosity between him and the DxD main cast, and nobody else has given a S-I Quincy Powers. This story would be more serious than the DxD anime is.
- And here's a bit of a deviation to the Quincy DxD fanfic idea: I've recently started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is unbreakable, along with Lotus Prince's LP of Eyes of Heaven, and let's just say that I'm definitely liking the idea of an S-I with a Stand appearing into the DxD universe.
- Harry Potter reincarnation Gamer S-I, with a bit of Persona added into the mix: I'll admit, it does sound a bit idiotic and cliche, but I think it could work. Personas and Patronuses(is that correct?) are similar, in the way that both are used to ward off beings that couldn't be beaten otherwise. And do I even need to point out the similarities that the Shadows and Dementors have?! The S-I would be magical of course, allowing him to even enter Hogwarts. But he wouldn't be a Gryffindor or a Slytherin, but a Ravenclaw, mainly because I like the house colors and the animal.
This story would have some amount of Dumbledore and Weasley bashing, but not overly so, they would be a antagonistic party, but not the main Antagonistic force, the end boss so to speak.
- Fairy Tail Blacklight Gamer S-I: Me and Alucard-Masters thought up this proverbial nightmare. While the Blacklight virus is very OP, especially with the Gamer thrown into the mix, making people, especially Mages into walking Skill books, but I will nerf the Blacklight virus a fair bit. The ability that would make people into living Skill Books would be the last thing that the Absorbing ability would unlock, around the level 100. But the FT universe does have its own ways to nerf the virus, one of them is Juvia. And due to how the Blacklight works, the S-I couldn't join a legal guild at the start, but it could be classified as a "Forbidden Take-Over magic".
-A Pokémon Gamer S-I: To celebrate the 20th anniversary of pokémon, I've thought up 3 ideas for a Pokémon S-I. I will be changing a few things from the anime, mainly changing the required age to go on a journey from 10 to 14.
Here's idea #1: The S-I would be reborn into the Kanto region at the start of the anime, and he would be somewhat of a foil to Ash, mainly by not being a complete idiot. He would be pointing out a few things wrong with how some Gym Leaders do things. I might also throw in a little bit from Mokepon and Pokémon Adventures. No promises about what starter the S-I will get, and it not mucking up the timeline.
And as for the reason as to why he would be tolerating Ash's idiocy and the hijinks he gets himself and the people around him is quite simple: Ash constantly runs into legendaries or rare pokemons, and the bloody idiot doesn't even consider catching one, so the S-I will be remedy that on occasion.
#2: In honor of the first generation that I played, Sinnoh, the S-I would be put into Sinnoh, at the beginning of the Sinnoh Saga. The starter for him would be the very same one that I chose when I first got my Pokémon Diamond game, Chimchar. And once again, the S-I will be the straight man to Ash's comical demeanor. And there will be no Tobias-Stu with multiple legendaries fucking up the League matches, that I promise you. I also will be mixing some things from the games into the story.
I guess in terms of pokémon training he'd be a middle ground between Ash and Paul, understanding that pokémon aren't the same as their game versions, but living, breathing beings that can feel emotions, such as betrayal and contempt.
And finally, my favorite one of the bunch, and something that I'll allow other people to make their versions of, #3: An AU version of the pokémon world, where instead of the regular pokémon training with the trainer commanding their pokémon, huge arenas full of people watching Burst Warriors duke it out for money, and eternal glory. And unlike Pokémon Reburst, the Burst Hearts can release the pokémon they hold, if the Burst Heart is damaged and needs to be repaired, or if the pokémon inside it needs to be evolved with an item, or needs to be healed.
So yeah, I'll be changing a few things from the Manga, mainly because I can't find a website where I can read it completely. And one of the more interesting ideas I have for the story is that Burst Hearts have ranks, from D, which is for the common pokemons you'd encounter on your journey from the starting town to the 2nd Gym, to SS, Which are used to hold Legendary pokémon. I have planned out how the ranking works in relation to badges.
0 Badges= D Rank= Level 10-20
I guess I should explain a bit more about the Burst Hearts. The Rank of a Burst Heart determines the level of a pokémon it can hold safely. While a D Rank Burst Heart can hold a level 45 Larvesta, some problems might occur while using the burst heart, such as becoming the size of a Larvesta, being unable to use moves, the Burst Heart refusing to activate, or in the worst case scenario the Burst Heart might outright shatter, releasing the pokémon inside in a weakened and sick state, so it's always advised to change or upgrade the burst heart when the pokémon reaches a level that's too powerful for the Burst Heart.
And as some of you may have noticed, I didn't include the SS rank when I explained BH rankings, well that is simply because anything below a S BH has no chance of containing a Legendary pokémon. SS rank BH's are awarded to those who become champion.
And here's a bit about how battling would work in the Burst Warrior League(BWL). In official matches, such as gym battles and league matches, the maximum amount of Burst hearts that a person can use is 3 or 5, 3 for the first 4 Gyms and 5 for the last 4 and the league. Each official match has 3 rounds with no time limit, and I don't think I have to explain how many rounds a person has to win in order to win the whole match, or at least I hope that I won't have to explain that a person needs to win 2 out of 3 rounds. If there isn't a winner at the end of the 3 rounds, then there will be an additional round.
A person is allowed to switch their active Burst Heart in-between matches from one of their reserve ones.
*For my own version of the story, I'll be putting the S-I into the Unova region.*
- Douluo Dalu Gamer! S-I reincarnation(Published)I recently started re-reading Douluo Dalu 1, as it isn't updated often, and I got a few ideas for a reincarnation S-I, and I of course, had to add Gamer into the mix. I'm probably not going to take anything from Douluo Dalu 2 or 3, as I haven't read either of them, and probably won't, as I don't want spoilers on what'll happen in Douluo Dalu 1.
Obviously, this story will go into the AU territory, as I refuse to look into it's sequels for spoilers, and I will be using the Manhua and the Blue Silver translations for reference, so I might take somethings from the Manhua, such as Oscar's spirit skills and the character's looks, as those are what I've grown accustomed to, and I might take some things from the translations, as they seem to be more of a book and less rushed.
There will be some changes and some things about some characters will be different. The energy that the characters use for their canon techniques won't be measured as MP, but SpiritPoints(SP), which will be calculated the same way that RP and Shinsoo are in my other stories, by adding the main 6 stats together.
And naturally, the spirit ranks will be translated to levels, as that'll make it much easier to keep a track of everything. I might try and incorporate the spirit system as a sort of a rock-paper-scissors kind of deal, if I can figure out how I'm going to get it to work.
Not sure what I'll do with the spirit rings and spirit bones, but I think I'll make something along the lines of; The higher the level of the monster the ring comes from, the higher boost you'll get, and the higher chance of spirit bones being produced from it.
-Tales of Xillia/Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn S-I: So, I've been watching KZ's let's play of Xillia, and I'm planning to buy the combo pack. But, when I decided to see if there was any Tales of Xillia Self-Insert fanfic, the results were... disheartening to say the least. So, I have the basic idea of how I'll go about the story. I'm planning to give the S-I Dying Will Flames, and no, I'm not going to give him the Sky flames, the Night Flames, or any of the Earth Flames, as I'm not that cheap.
I'm going to give him Lightning flames, as that was the one that a Quiz I took said was my natural one. Now, he might have a bit of affinity towards the other ones, but he won't have any affinity to Sun or Sky. The only thing that is hampering the process is trying to pin down what flames the other Xillia party members would have.
Also, as the people within Xillia refer to the energy that they use as Mana, TP will be MP instead, so their MP may be differences to their in-game TP. And as to how would the Dying Will Flames, or DyingFlamePoints(DFP) be measured, I think that using the same method as I do with Reiryoku and Shinsoo to be suitable.
EDIT: I have decided on the flames that the Xillia characters will get.
- Tales of Symphonia 2/God Eater Burst S-I: I recently bought Tales of Symphonia 2 from the PS Store, and I think I could make a decent S-I fanfic, although that might be because there isn't any S-I's fanfic about the franchise, as far as I'm aware of at least.
EDIT: I've decided to give him a God Arc from God Eater, so yeah, Aragami will be popping up in that world. Isn't that fun? :D
I'll finish the game before I'll list anything else about the story idea.
-Crossed Strings, a Kill la Kill/One Piece Gamer S-I fanfic idea: Simply put, I'm going to put a S-I into the Kill la Kill anime, shove a Ito Ito no Mi down his throat, and dump him near the city where Honnoji Academy is situated at. No passports, no papers to prove his identity and no invitation to Honnoji Academy, so the S-I won't be having a easy time to get near the plot related characters. And, as the S-I's knowledge on the world is based on what I know, his knowledge of the canon is up to EP 12 of the anime, and the rest is based on other fanfics.
And as to why I'm giving him Ito Ito no Mi, it's so that the S-I has a chance to fuck with people's heads.
My opinion on Fanfics: Simply put, I love some of them, some of them I loathe and some of them I don't care about. But if we were to dive a bit deeper, as long as the story isn't short, has believable and likable characters, doesn't have too many grammatical mistakes, adds something new and original that fits into the world they're writing about and if it does something new and entertaining with what the canon world gives the Fanfic writer, then I'll definitely give it a read.
What I don't like is when somebody takes a character, let's say Naruto for instance, puts him into another world, makes it so that he's born in that world, and gives him something that was/is unique to somebody else. And I also don't like it when somebody puts a OC that doesn't contribute anything to the story. You know, those OC's that simply do what a character in the Canon did, or more simply put, when a Canon character is replaced with a OC, but if the story is well done, or I hate the character they replaced, I might be okay with that.
What I always love to see is Crossovers, especially ones where, for example, a character from Bleach, or a OC/S-I with powers that belong in the Bleach world are put in another world, let's say RWBY or Akame Ga Kill for example, and when they enter the world, Hollows start appearing as well. I guess a simpler way to put it is, that I like Crossover stories where there are consequences for a character having powers that don't belong in the world they're inhabiting.
And I'm not talking about little inconsequential things like one or two bad guys added into the mix, but things that affect the world as a whole. Take the Harry Potter/Persona idea I listed for example, since the S-I will have a Persona, the people around him, and around the world will generate Shadow selves, it could result in a world wide version of the Midnight Channel or even a new Dark Hour to occur. It'll result in a supernatural event that the Magical communities will have no hope of covering up!!
Challenges, stories that I would like to see other people have a whack at. If you want to bend the rules of the challenges a little bit, I'm open for negotiations.
Gamer challenge: Make a OC or a Self-Insert and make their adventure work like a RPG. for more info read "The Gamer" Manga.
1: You have to give your character a power outside of the world your self-insert ends up in. For example: If your OC ends up in One Piece, feel free to give him/her a power from Bleach
2: If you're going to pair your character with anyone, it can't be one of the common ones. For example: Male OC/Self Insert falls into Highschool DxD, you can't pair her with Rias, Asia or Akeno. Or in One Piece's case, Nami, Robin or Boa Hancock. Also no harems or love at first sight please.
3: Don't make your character too
powerful. God-moding everything loses its charm after a while.
4: Feel free to put the movies or some of the games into your story, I encourage it.
Hello Everybody! Here's a little Persona series fanfic challenge. You have to make an OC, either a In-Universe OC or a self-Insert character and put them in the story of either Persona 3 or 4. Said OC isn't allowed to have the Fool Arcana, Wild card.
1: The Pairing for your OC must be one of the side characters, and you must make them face a shadow version of themselves even if you're writing about Persona 3. No gay,bi,lesbian, huge age differences(For example: a school girlXKing Moron.) or harems. Usually I wouldn't mind Harem stories, but for this challenge Harems are a no-go.
2: You must design your own Persona, Ultimate Persona and Shadow. You are allowed to base it off one of Shin Megami Tensei Demons, as long as it isn't one of the main characters(Whether they be a protagonist or antagonist) persona(Ultimate nor regular) but you have to design it on your own(Arcana, Elemental weakness/resistance, skills, etc...).
3: The OC if self-insert, is not allowed to Tell the future to the Characters, A.K.A S.E.ES or Investigation Team, or anyone else. They are allowed to give a hint, but not outright tell them.
4: No gods, 4th wall-breaking, no Gary/Mary Stu's/Stues.
Naruto Challenge 1: Beast Take Over Jutsu. Based on Elfman's form of Take Over Magic from Fairy tail, beast allows him to record a monster or a monster's body part he has touched and then either take their form or summon it into his own arm.
During the Forbidden scroll Naruto learns one other Jutsu than the Kage Bunshin, The Beast Take Over Jutsu, and Naruto, the curious little Jinchuriki that he is tries it out.
Here's a little info on required things that is necessary to use it
2: The after effect on the user will be: Slightly better speed, strength, endurance, sense of smelling and hearing
1: The Ninja graduation age must be 14, in order to help with the romance
2: Here's the ladies that he will be allowed to be a pair with: Hinata, Anko, Tayuya and FemHaku. (because c'mon, Haku's clearly a girl, no matter what the Wikia says.)
3: Naruto can't jump right to the Full Body Take Over because that would make him Overpowered, so first he has to learn to use it on his arms. Naruto will be able to use full body take over in the chunin exam finals
4: Naruto must be able to use:
A Wolf form(Like Jyabura form One Piece.) A Tiger form( A good place to find one would be the forest of death) A Fox form( Cause of Kyubi's chakra already present in Naruto's body) Also feel free to put your own form,
5: Sasuke bashing, Sakura Bashing and Civilian council Bashing is perfectly fine.
NarutoFairy Tail semi-crossover Challenge 2: Poison Dragon Slayer OC in Konoha
When Anko's returning from a mission she finds a 6 year old boy passed out in the forest, she decides to take the boy with her to Konoha and finds out that the boy has a message to the Hokage. After the Hokages has readed the message she gives Anko a mission to take care of the boy.
1: The OC must get a snake that can grow wings, and spew poison gas(Like cubellios from fairy tail) before genin exams. and sign the snake contract.
2: The OC has a kekkei genkai called Doku no Metsuryū/Poison Dragon Slayer, a evolution of a Dokuton/Poison Release kekkei genkai, and the kekkei genkai was evolved/mutated by a dragon demon. all the kekkei genkai jutsu's begin with Dokuton: Dokuryu no/Poison Release: Poison Dragons. the kekkei genkai makes him able to eat poison without getting poisoned and is gifted with an amazing hearing ability
3: The OC must join either Team 7, Team 8 or Team 10 and go to the Wave mission( I don't care if the team he ends up in is an back-up genin team)
4: Potential girls for the OC: Tenten, Temari, Ino or FemHaku.
5: Sakura, Sasuke and Civilian Council Bashing is supported.
Challenge: A guy from the real world thrown into DC universe starting from The Batman 2004 and continues from there to to either: teen titans cartoon or young justice
Rule 1: the guy must be in the age between 14-19. If you start from 14, he must be 19 if you go to young justice or the teen titans time line from the batman 2004
Rule 2: No yaoi(Gay), Yuri(lesbian) or bi. I don't have any problem with any of the mentioned sexuality, but i don't want to read or write stories like that.
Rule 3: The character which you throw from the real world can have a power from a show of your choice, but it can't be overpowered or from the DC universe itself.
Rule 4: You can choose will your character be a hero, anti- hero, anti- villain or villain.
Rule 5: the major events must be allowed to happen but, the character is allowed to twist a little bit.
Rule 6: regarding the rule 3, you cannot give the character these following powers/skills: Rinnegan, Sharingan, Byakugan or Death Note.
Rule 7: if you are going to do a pairing, the age difference between the characters involved must be 2 years or less. And make the pairings and relation ships realistic, not something like this, a new guy just meets the teen titans and Raven is already devoted to helping the guy. and the if you do give the character a power that passes on genetically he is allowed to have the maximum of 3 girlfriends. no more.