Author has written 11 stories for Young Justice, and Supernatural.
Welcome aboard the Mr. Wartburg Express! Please keep your hands and arms inside the ride at all times. Mr. Wartburg is not responsible for lost or stolen items or loss of life from exposure to awesomeness!
My name is Thomas. I'm a college graduate from Wartburg College (hence the pen name) and current Best Buy salesmen and former teacher, who decided to try his hand at writing a fanfic or two for one of his favorite TV show universes: Young Justice.
UPDATE: I've been reworking my first ever fanfic, Strange New World, so that it fits into my own established AU better. There were plenty of grammar issues and a minor character background piece that I fixed so I hope once my beta finishes the edits that the story will be a great read for anyone interested.
UPDATE 2: I also have outline the last story in my "Hawk-verse", brining the total of those stories to 9. I have two more stories to finish before I start on the final story, but it it fully planned and plotted.
Here's a little taste of my complex and nuanced favorite in a variety of media genres:
TV: Chuck, Fringe, Castle, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Young Justice, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Firefly, Supernatural, Reaper, X-Men TAS, Star Trek (any incarnation), NCIS, Being Human (U.S), Eureka, Stargate (all three series), Warehouse 13, Alphas, Wolverine and the X-Men, Iron Man 2011 Anime, Burn Notice, Psych, Smallville, Batman: TAS, Justice League/Unlimited, Nikita, House, Battlestar Galactica (2004), Arrow, Last Resort, and Justified
Movies: The Avengers, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men; First Class, Transformers, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Sherlock Holmes 1 and 2, Die Hard 1-4, Major League, Anchorman, Step Brothers, The Other Guys, Old School, Wedding Crashers 40-Year-Old Virgin, Star Wars (original only), Indiana Jones 1-3, Star Trek: TOS movies, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek (2009), Batman/Superman: Public Enemies, Justice League: Doom, Batman: Under the Red Hood, The Dark Knight Returns Pt. 1, Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2, Shrek 1 and 2, Monsters, Inc., Toy Story 1-3, Shawshank Redemption, Remember the Titans, Airplane!, Naked Gun, Spy Hard, Spaceballs, Rocky 1-4, Rocky Balboa, Cinderella Man, Gladiator, Book of Eli, Legion, A Knight's Tale, Ghostbusters, Zombieland, Supertroopers, Beerfest, Slammin' Salmon, Ted, and Django Unchained
XBOX: Halo 4, Assassin's Creed, Asssassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, The Elder Srolls IV and V (Oblivion and Skyrim), Madden (any year), NCAA Football (any year), Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo: CE Anniversary, GTA IV and Mortal Kombat
Music: Tenacious D, Lonely Island, classic rock, some newer rock as well (think Skillet, Redlight King, Cage the Elephant). Country (Mostly 90s country with some new male singers) is also firmly in my music library.
Food: Casey's Pizza all the time, plus Buffalo Wings. Generally as longs as it agrees with my stomach (I've had Crohn's Disease since I was quite young) and it tastes good I like it. Plus I like a lot of foods I can no longer eat, like sweet corn which let me tell you as a kid growing up in Iowa it has been and still is torture to not eat some homegrown sweet corn every summer!
As you can see it's a long list that might give you a little insight in to the insanity that is me and yet this is nowhere near as in depth as it probably should be.
The following stories so far are fit into my own self-contained universe I have come to call the Hawk-verse. It is so called as the stories are set within the YJ universe as of early Season 1 with the introduction of my OC, Hawkeye.
Part 1 - Strange New World - Complete - I am currently re-writing this to polish it and to fix a fe minor issues.
Part 2- A Good Soldier - Complete
Part 3- Court is in Session - Completed
Part 4 - Sigma Squad - Complete
Part 5 - Outlaws - Complete
Part 6 - In Brightest Day - Complete
Part 7 - The Return - In Progress
Part 8 - The Fallen One - In Progress
Part 9 - Forced Retirement - In Progress
In this timeline Kaldur was killed during Strange New World. Seeing an opportunity to have Black Manta more permanently join their organization the Light had his body retrieved and he was brought back to life in June 2012. Thanks to the efforts of Ra's Al Ghul, Kaldur was brought back and the Light attempted to bend his mind to their own wishes. Kaldur was caught in an engagement with the Young Justice team who were unaware he was still alive. Nightwing fought him to a standstill and managed to shock him with his escrima sticks, this somehow severed his mental control, restoring his mind. Being the fantastic leader that he was Kaldur remained with Black Manta's organization with the Light being none the wiser, though Nightwing has since setup communication and had Artemis placed on the inside as well. That is why he is still in Sigma Squad, despite his death in Strange New World.
Other stories not listed above are not included in the Hawk-verse and will be pure cannon related.
Life Lessons from Mr. Wartburg (to be updated on a haphazard basis):
1. Live live to the absolute fullest and have a blast doing it. That might sound overly cliche and corny, but it happens to be a great policy for life. I've lived my life with Crohn's Disease for many years and I make it my mission everyday to kick it's ass and do whatever I want regardless of how I feel. That's how I, as a 5'7" pasty white kid, got varsity letters in football, basketball, baseball, golf, track, band, choir, Mock Trial, and the Speech.
2. "Get some!" - See number 1, basically it's a quote that sums up my views on life. In whatever you do, make sure you "get some".
3. "You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold' em, and know when to run." - Kenny Rodgers
4. Sometimes swearing/cursing is OK. I don't do it a crazy amount, but you'll find it in parts of my various stories. It isn't too offensive, but I feel it adds a little realism to the proceedings. Plus, I grew up raising hog. You can't raise hogs and not hear various colorful phrases. The most tame, but funny, one I heard is undoubtedly, "Well that's as useless as tits on a boar." F-word optional in front of tits and/or boar.
5. If you're going to start a SYOC story, take the time to actually finish it. If you're not going to do that, let the OC authors know. When going into the story, take all suggestions and actually plan out the story (at the very least a beginning and an end) before you write it.
I hope you've enjoyed you're adventure here on the profile page of Mr. Wartburg, please ride again soon!