Welcome to the Remember When This Was Fun contest! Remember when you would read a line in a book, see a picture on Tumblr, or hear a song on the radio, and your immediate thought was, “That would make a great fic!”? We do!
The purpose of this contest is to write some fun/scary/happy/romantic/crazy fanfiction to remind ourselves how fun Twific can be. We’ve provided thirty prompts below, one of which MUST be the first line of your fic. No exceptions! However, we’d love it if you incorporate as many book/movie/fandom canon quotes and details as you can. In other words, make this a TWILIGHT fanfiction.
Each prompt will only be used by ONE entry, so choose now! We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Thanks to all who entered, we loved reading all of your stories!
Best AU: The End of the Beginning by Alby Mangroves
Best AH: All Over Again by karenec
Honorable Mention: Bad Boy by SqueakyZorro
Story that Made Us Laugh Out Loud: Duty Weapon by BettiGefecht
Awesome First Timer: We're gonna laugh about this someday by norcaltwitard
3/20: Due to high demand we've added ten more prompts. Claim yours nows!*
sadtomato and SingleStrnd (MyLifeandHis)
Rule #1: Choose one prompt from the list below. You may edit for tense or gender pronouns ONLY. You may not alter anything else. For example, #6 could be used as “The tears I’d held back all day stream down my cheeks as his car disappears around the corner.” You may recognize some prompts straight from the pages of Twilight. Thank you, Stephenie!
Rule #2: Get your prompt approved before beginning to write. Email us at email@example.com with your prompt choice EXACTLY as you plan to use it (by that we mean let us know if you are changing pronouns or tense), and we’ll let you know if you’re good to begin. Only one prompt may be used per person, so you might want to submit an alternate choice as well.
Rule #3: You can write about any pairing you wish. Keep in mind who your judges are and what makes us happy. Any straight, gay, bi, or poly combo will be accepted, except for the usual squicky stuff. No rape, pedophilia or bestiality allowed.
Rule #4: You can write AH, AU or canon vamp, but we’d like to see as many Twi references and character traits as possible.
Rule #5: We don’t have all day. Keep it under 7000 words or we’ll make you edit for length. This should go without saying, but your entry must be betaed.
Rule #6: When you’re ready to submit, post your entry to your profile and email us the link at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll take a quick look to make sure it’s ready and add it to our C2 for reading, reviewing and judging!
Deadline to request a prompt is Saturday, March 24th at midnight. However, all prompts are first come, first served. Once they’re gone, they’re gone!
Deadline to submit your one-shot is Saturday, April 21st at midnight. If you abandon your prompt, you will be publicly shamed.
Winners will be announced on or before May 5th via FFn profile and Twitter. Grand prize winner will receive a box ‘o Twicrap via USPS mail. Secondary winners might get some cookies. We’re not sure yet.
Follow us at @MakeTwificFun on Twitter!
1. “Fuck this shit!” - ItsAThinLine
2. “Can you come over? My hand’s stuck in the toilet.” - IdPattThat
3. “Have you seen her? She’s total white trash.” - Lunabella23
4. “Well, what’s a wedding without some family drama?” - lobsters4ever1
5. “Age is just a number, baby.” - evieeden
6. The tears I’d held back all day streamed down my cheeks as her car disappeared around the corner. - wishiwerebella
7. He said he was skipping first period but he never mentioned skipping the entire day. - KeishaBird
8. I heard the garage door open so I threw the pipe under my bed and sprayed Febreze wildly around the room. - donnersun
9. She’ll never know how much she meant to me, or how many times she saved my life. - peachyfuzzykeen
10. You’d be surprised what you can do with a well-placed thumb. -karenec
11. He jerked off the nipple clamp and whispered in her ear roughly, “Have you had enough yet?” - E's My Brand Of Heroin
12. I have no idea how my mom is going to react, but today is the day. I’m going to tell her that I’m gay. - buildmeapyramid
13. In my three hundred years, I’ve never seen a vampire with her powers. - TheManiacalMuse
14. I’d never given much thought to how I would die, but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this. - tuesdaymidnight
15. “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you …” - SqueakyZorro
16. “Put the gun down.” - bettigefecht
17. My life and his were twisted into a single strand. Cut one, and you cut both. - Jezzeria
18. “I can feel what you’re feeling now — and you are worth it.” - leckadams
19. It’s difficult on both sides--the bloodlust on one hand, the awful pain on the other.
20. “It’s just as embarrassing for me as it is for you.” - Norcaltwitard
21. “There’s only one thing that can save you now,” he said, baring his razor sharp teeth.
22. This party is going to be epic. - kymberly80
23. “Put on your shoes, we’re almost to Grandma’s house.” - deslyncullen
24. I can’t remember how it started, this war between the two of us, but I know one thing: it ends tonight. - bmango
25. “Get your dick out of my face.” - ladauphinefic
26. It's an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bare your soul to, and who'll accept you for what you are. - Jasper1863Hale
27. As soon as I opened the door, I knew nothing would ever be the same. - laura_1025
28. I’ll do whatever I have to do to stop him--if I don’t, we’ll all be dead by morning.
29. I’ve been waiting for this day ever since I caught a glimpse of the tiny velvet box tucked in the back of his sock drawer. - KellanCougar
30. Today, I bought a red wallet. - theswandive
31. Nobody does it better. And by “it,” I mean fucking. - dirtybrat
32. Some people, if they don’t know, you can’t tell ‘em. - linsadair
33. "Hey. Come to visit your truck?" - grrlinterrupted
34. “Will someone please tell that baby to shut up?!”
35. “I’m here for the gang bang.” - MsKathy
36. I work in a rubber duck factory, but today they told us our product has changed. - Jennrosee
37. A dog barks, the wind whistles, and a car honks in the distance, but I remain silent. Alone. - albymangroves
38. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. - Indyonblue
39. She’s here. My insides crumble and my heart leaps into my throat. - AndrewsLove0491
40. Death is peaceful - easy. Life is harder. - BeCullen
Unsafe External Link
|Community:||Remember When This Was Fun|