Poll: Who should the FeMC marry in the Group Date Cafe? Vote Now!
Author has written 6 stories for Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts/バカとテストと召喚獣 , Fullmetal Alchemist, Pokémon, Hetalia - Axis Powers, Card Captor Sakura, Persona Series, and Soul Eater.
Writing fanfics and my own stories is good for me because it helps me practice my hand writing skills when I was still a freshman in high school. I showed some to a dear friend of mine and it was Pokémon Special. I've written at least six of them so far, some are good while others are slightly bad, which I planned to correct them in the future. I decided to retire writing that fanfic so I can check other mangas and animes. Also, I've been thinking other stories on my own recently and perhaps I could enter FictionPress if I can (On second thought, I'll rather let my assistant George Winston handle my affairs there. He's very cynic on his views on the world today).
I write any kind of stories IF these things I've seen, from cartoons to anime, from books to mangas, that proved that it is satisfying and inspiring to write these stories.
I specialised in action, adventure, romance, comedy, and bit of tragedy genre (if I want to). I hope you like the stories I wrote. Plus, I'm good at checking grammar and spelling (sort off) and evaluating my stories so that it won't look like a terrible mess.
And like most writers, I can easily have a condition called Writer's block, so be prepared for a long time of waiting.
Call me The Old Man because there are times that I act old and speak like one. If I comment one of your fanfics, I have the tendency to remark a bit deep and sometimes confuse my own comments.
The Promise of the Old Man
I solemnly promise that I will finish my stories until it ends with a satisfactory result. If I do not follow my promise, I'll be responsible for my negligence on leaving my stories unwritten or unsatisfying.
William Stockholm's profile
Name: William Stockholm
Known as: The Old Man
Occupation: Detective, investigator, writer, occasional wise man (perhaps) and editor
Age: 50 years old
Hobbies: Writing stories, practicing drawing, reading any books that captures the interests of the mind, listening to any soundtrack that is pleasing to hear
Favorite book(s): anything that captures my attention. If you insist on what are my favorite books, I'll say 1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell, Inferno by Dante Alighieri
Favorite Comic(s): Marvel, DC, Dark Horse (rarely)
Favorite manga(s): anything that captures my attention. If you insist on what are my favorite mangas (as of now), I'll say Jitsu wa Watashi wa, Akame ga Kill, Onepunch-Man, Boku no Hero Academia, Hell's Kitchen, Terraformars, Tonari no Seki-kun
Favorite Cartoon(s): Various
Favorite anime(s): anything that captures my attention. If you insist on what are my favorite anime shows, I'll say Fullmetal Alchemist, Steins: Gate, Kill la Kill, Gurren Laggan
Detest(s): incestuous relationship (because it's unhealthy and immoral, causing defects in generations to come), pedophiles/lollicons (not my cup of tea), cheaters (both in love and academics)
Short term dream: form a familial relationship
Long Term dream: die happily without violence, only peace
Words of wisdom from The Old Man
- Everything is not easy in life, especially when a certain someone has a backache.
- Nothing is impossible. There are endless possibilities in this world.
- Everyone has a choice, whenever it's good or bad.
- Every decision you make has dire consequences.
- If you're doing nothing, you'll be better off being dead than being alive.
- Never underestimate one's abilities.
- If you're lost in inspiration, go outside and see the world around you. It's a good idea.
- There is no such thing as good or bad luck. It all depends on your actions you make.
- Eat healthy food and a good night's rest is a good idea to freshen your ideas and inspiration. Eating junk food and working all night is not a good idea.
- Life is hard in reality but overcoming its pain and hardships will only make you determined to do greatness.
- Words are like living things, they tend to intentionally (or unintentionally) praise or hurt the person.
- Lighten up!
- Do the forgive-and-forget act. Ignoring the ones that hurt a person either counts as forgivable or unforgivable in the eyes of an observer
- Everyone in this world has a purpose in life, no matter how insignificant their lives are.
- Life is worth living for and everyone has a purpose, no matter how insignificant it is.
- Creating something so important to a few or the world is to establish a legacy that can be remember in their hearts or history itself.
- Fatalism is one of the diseases Humanity has suffered
- Do not fall into misery; there will be a glimmer of hope amidst in the darkness of despair
- Don't delve into the past, look forward into the future
Principles of The Old Man
- Be a gentleman in an important event
- Never lose your temper in times of simplicity. Only when in times trouble and seriousness
- Be expressive with your words
- Deduce someone if the person is at first wrong or suspicious
- If you accept your decision, there is no turning back
- Sit in the ground and relax. Let your emotions drift like the wind
- Never argue a misunderstood person or you'll only worsen him. Comfort the person just by talking to him
- Look down to those who wrong you. Look up to those who inspire you
- Accept differences (race, gender, social hierarchy, etc)
- Always rely on allies when facing difficult situations when necessary
- Don't make first impressions when meeting someone for the first time. Learn first, assume later.
- Do not complain over trivial things. Complaining won't help solve anything in an instant
- Do not get involve when there is trouble
- Never make promises that are not meant to be
- You are free to do whatever you want in what you believe in, just don't create too much trouble
Love advice of The Old Man
(There are many love advises in the internet but try to create your own advice. It could be better than mine)
- Know the person first before making a move. Learn his/her background, hobbies, dislikes, etc.
- Look at the person and tell yourself if you are truly compatible with that person.
- Ask yourself: is he/she beautiful/handsome? Is the person really understanding
- Once you get to know the person, check if "the bonds of love*" is stronger just to make sure
(*"bonds of love" is just a metaphorical saying of mine. It means how strong their compatibilities are. If the bonds are stronger, it means there's a most likely chance that you'll get to have a relationship with that person. If not, it means just friends or associative-type relationship. Think of it as the Social Link System in the Persona series)
- It's alright to know the person as long as you don't stalk him/her or risked getting yourself threatened, used as a tool, or worse, moving away
- Avoid jealousy among the suitors
- When you want to confess your love, use simple and small words to express your feelings to that person. If yes, be happy. If not, don't sink into the sea of depression
- Learn to accept rejection
- Be friendly to your crush but do not be too friendly to him/her too much or he/she thinks that you're weird
- Try talking with a topic that interests him/her
- Be brave and don't be a coward
- Avoid misunderstandings
- If your crush has someone he/she likes and not you, just accept it. If not, get their attention
- Warning! Never be a two timer or having more than one relationship, unless you plan to have a harem
The Old Man's Unofficial Rules of writing a Fanfiction Story
- Think of a good story to write, especially something you really like
- Know the basics of writing a story. This includes the plot, characters and setting
- Researching the original story is key of writing a successful a fanfic
- Determine the genre
- Writing AUs and original characters are alright. However, never downgrade or alter the personality of major characters
- When writing the story, have someone edit it to see if you have any grammatical mistakes or it the paper looks boring to read. If you don't feel like letting others doing it, you can edit yourself; all you need is a careful eye to do so
- Always be very imaginative in writing your stories. It may be a challenge and the process can be a bit tedious, especially if it involves some action scenes that must be worth describing, your readers will definitely enjoy it.
- Be careful of of writing info junk. According to a fellow writer named El Naples whom my associate George Winston had heard in FictionPress last 2012, info junk is describe as "when a writer uses several paragraphs to tell readers a large amount of information in one blow rather then weaving it into the story."
- Come up with a catchy synopsis so that readers of the site can read it.
- Never put up personal messages in the synopsis. Readers cared about the summary of the story, not some shoddy piece of crap that people wanted to see (ahem)
- Always finish your story as soon as possible. Never leave your reader hanging while your story is unfinished
- Golden Rule: always put a disclaimer in every story you write to avoid copyright infringement. Remember, you may not made it except the author or the owner but you can write about it just because you wanted to in the first place.
Thoughts of the Old Man
- Whenever I see someone posts chain mails or something in their profiles, I don't see why the need to post it in the first place. The Internet is such getting a bit unusual by the minute. Young people these days.
- What makes Yaoi and Yuri popular? Is it dramatic or romantic to the story? Fan-service? No apparent reason at all? Such stories related to such genres is beyond me.
- Selfies are just a way the new generation calls picturing one self on random occasions. It is both amusing to the user and irritating to the third part member. What annoys me is that they post it in social media. I personally don't care that someone pictures his/herself on random occasions. The only exception to the octet rules are: vacation sites, meeting a famous person and certain objects of interest, like an historical artifact for example
- Advertisements online is the bane of the Internet; it disrupts everyday life when we open a site we like. One such example are the ads and commercials in Youtube that pops out nowhere. Even a click causes so much problems. However, in the light that these advertisements are beneficial, it can be useful
- At the end of the twentieth century, followed by the beginning of the twenty-first and beyond, the world has gotten much bigger, lazier, more corrupt and alienated.
- When I was reading Pokemon stories in the Game section here in Fanfiction.net one time, most of the stories there are filled with Alternate Universes or AUs for short involving some unknown region that is not canon to the games or the manga (the anime is already bad enough. Ash has been ten for twenty years now and does not share the same concept of the two). In my own opinion, most of them, even the summary itself, do not make sense.
- Watching educational videos in Youtube such as Vsauce, Minutephysics and CPG Grey are very interesting and makes me think about the world around me.
- Do I have the right to be satisfied with my stories I have written so far? Yes. Do I have the right to scrap some? Yes and a lot for a good reason.
- I like to write stories that have been egging me in my brain. The process of making the story is fairly simple: the characters and their personality, the setting and the plot. With a cup of coffee or tea, imagination, music and inspiration, I'm all set. The only problem of writing the story is a catchy title and a synopsis.
Hetalia Character's Bio
In case I make a Hetalia story, I'm going to make a brief profile about them. The characters there have human names and they work like regular people based on their skills, nature and hobbies. I hope you enjoy the bio I made! (Source:Hetaliawiki)
Feliciano Vargas (Italy)
Ludwig Beilshmidt (Germany)
Honda Kiku (Japan)
Alfred F. Jones (America)
Arthur Kirkland (England)
Francis Bonnefoy (France)
Ivan Braginsky (Russia)
Wang Yao (China)
Prosecutor William Stockholm's Profile
In case I've made a Phoenix Wright story (see Preview) I have decided to create my own OC (or Original Character, if you will) that bears the same name sake as I am.
A man with few words and honesty intentions in finding the truth, Prosecutor William Stockholm is known as the "Simple Solicitor" due to his simple personality. He may appear to be confused all the time, most particularly with the progress of modern technology, William knows how to find contradictions of the rebuttals the defense made. However, if the defense present a legitable evidence or explanation in court, he would simply be say "pfft" and let the trial to continue like a matured man instead of overreacting, though on the inside, he is completely freaking out.
Name: William Stockholm
Reminiscence (Percy Jackson)- Takes place during the Lost Hero and The Son of Neptune, it is a collection of the six main demigods in the series where they tell about their thoughts about their fellow allies.
Order of the New World (Percy Jackson)- An organization run by mere mortals with extraordinary abilities their purpose is to hunt down mythological creatures and demigods alike. Percy and his friends' mission is to stop them from harming many young children of the gods.
Mentore (Assassin's Creed)- Ever since Ezio Auditore's death in 1524 at the age of 65, his family close friends and the fellow members of the Assassins Order of Rome and Constantinople decided to pay their last respects to the legendary assassin.
Turnabout Jazz (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)- A lead singer was killed after a gig in a local jazz bar and her fellow band mate who is a blind saxophone player was accuse of murdering her. Who killed the lead singer and what was the suspect's intent? Will the Wright Anything Agency find the killer before it slips away?
Thank you for your time in reading my profile
|Community:||William Stockholm and Co: Phoenix Wright Department|
|Focus:||Games Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney|