Author has written 3 stories for Hunger Games, Misfits, 2009, and Snow White and the Huntsman.
A great fanfiction involves:
- Staying true to the universe of the original content
- No "original characters"
- A continuation of the original storyline, an in-depth study of a moment glossed over by the original text, a plausible break from the source content
- Accurate character study
- Exceptional grammar and correct punctuation
- A willingness to write a serialized story within the obvious parameters of the online medium (this tends to exclude 500-word paragraphs lacking eye breaks)
- The realization that there are controlled, artfully conceived exceptions to every rule.
I have been reading and writing fanfiction off and on for more years than I'm willing to admit. Usually I don't share, but lately I've been wondering about the possible reactions if I do. You don't have to review, but I will be both exceptionally grateful and curious if you'd like to. I believe in the collaborative power of creativity, and will make sure you KNOW it when I love your writing. If you agree with any of the above list, we'll probably enjoy each other's work. :)
Unsafe External Link