Author has written 2 stories for Yu-Gi-Oh.
Hello, everyone! You can call me Trix. I am a blind writer who has been inspired by creative works in a variety of media, including books and anime. One of my favourite anime series is Dragon Ball Z, and my first written fanfics featured its characters. The Maginite Chronicles is the current incarnation of those old stories, and a great deal has changed over the years. You'd be hard put to find similarities between the two, to be quite honest. My older fics had enough original plots between them for me to expel the abducted—I mean, borrowed characters and become an original series which I am still in the process of drafting. I'm working on writing more frequently, but I assure you once a story gets as far as the first chapter being published on here, it's not going to be abandoned, even if I take years to update. I hope you enjoy my creations. :)
The Story Behind the Name:
I have asked several of my friends about the origins of their respective pen-names, so I thought it only fair I explain where mine came from on here.
Back in 2010, I watched Terminator 3. I didn't really get into it; I'm not an action movie lover to be honest. They kinda bore me, since I can't see what's going on during the major action sequences. But anyways, the name of the female terminator (the Terminatrix, in case you didn't know already :D) got me thinking. I'd been messing around with characters from my fave series for years, of course, but still had no idea fan fiction net even existed. I'd been wondering how said characters should address me for a while. At the time I saw the aforementioned movie, I was simply calling myself the Creator. Not very inventive, I admit. But upon hearing the name Terminatrix, I fell to thinking that a female whose greatest asset is her imagination might be called the Imaginatrix. And a bell in my mind began to ring incessantly.
When I signed on here, I was originally going to call myself the Talespinner, as I had already signed up as the Imaginatrix on another site dedicated exclusively to Dragon Ball fan fiction. (No offense to them, but compared to the extensive archive on here, they're a drop in the ocean.) But (big surprise) someone had already signed on with that name, so the Imaginatrix is now my universal screen-name.
Things I will never, ever do in my writing:
1. I won't write incest unless it's confirmed canon and thence unavoidable (Thank you, ASOIAF, for making this something I have to clarify). I also will not be writing any graphic depictions of sexual intimacy. The only lemons I like come from trees.
2. I don't like killing people, unless they're evil, and even then not always. In my Maginite series, for instance, no-one dies while on the world of Magina. This will be different with my original fiction, but still the deaths will be few and far between.
3. I will rarely use course language in my fics, and when I do drop any such words, it will be in the dialogue of certain characters. I do not use this language in daily life and using it in fic is not a decision I made lightly (again, this is mostly ASOIAF's doing. And Bakura. Bakura insisted on swearing).
Any OC's in these fics that I haven't borrowed from my friends on here are mine, but there are a few I am willing to lend to other authors if you ask really nicely. As soon as they have actually made appearances in my published stories, I'll list them here. Most, however, are not even available for rent. I have original series in the works, and many of the OC's who will appear in Magina in particular will also have roles in those books. The same goes for any original items, themes or races unless I say otherwise. Magina especially is heavily influenced by my original works...or is it the other way round? I can't really be sure any more.
Okay, I'll come right out with it. I'm a Christian. I'm just telling you so you're aware—I don't plan on forcing my beliefs on anyone, but I also won't hide the fact. It is for this reason that I have certain lines I will not cross unless it's canon. Slash pairings used to be on that list, but they aren't any more. I've grown considerably in a number of areas in the last few years.
I am also ace, which is a major reason I won't be writing any graphic sex scenes. The other is that I have no experience in that area. That's all I'll say on that score.
1. Dragon Ball/Z/GT. (Yes, I still like GT to a point, although I'm pretty sure that most of it is going to be ignored in my Magina series. I'm not telling you which bits I will reference. :D)
2. Yu-Gi-Oh! Dm/GX/5D's, possibly Zexal as well. (I've heard some good things about Zexal, actually. Apparently not being dubbed by 4Kids prevented its storyline from being mangled, and said storyline is rather good. I'll reserve judgement until I can watch it for myself.)
4. Digimon Adventure.
1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (4Kids Entertainment version). The few episodes of the original cartoon that I've seen made me cringe. I cannot stand that show. I haven't seen the 2012 reboot yet, so cannot pass judgement on it, though my friends tell me it's not that bad as reboots go. The 4Kids version is the one I grew up with, and I always hear those voices in my head when I think of the characters, even after seeing the 2007 movie.
2. Winx Club. I like magic. End of story.
3. Avatar, Last Airbender. That was one awesome series, although I don't have any plans to write Fan Fics for it.
4. Teen Titans (the original, not the remake. Do not speak to me about that abomination.) I just love that show to pieces. It's one of the more awesome super-hero-themed cartoons out there. :D
5. My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. There. I've said it. This cartoon is worlds different than the show I saw with a friend when I was nine, and it's just...The way the voice actors performed it made that world seem so real, so normal, as if the ponies were just your average folks going about their business. A show that makes its world real is a show that I will love, especially when it's a cartoon! :D
6. Steven Universe. I cannot fully express all the reasons I love this show. It took me a little while to be hooked, but hooked I well and truly am.
Well, here they are, in no particular order. This will be a loooooooooooong list.
1. The Sevenwaters Series by Juliet Marillier. (It's no longer a trilogy, people. Book 6 was published in 2012, and there's a novella as well!)
2. The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling. (Who doesn't like Harry at least a little bit?)
3. Deltora Quest by Emily Rodda. (That's all three series, folks.)
4. The Cronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. (I just love that series, except The Last Battle. I will never forgive him for The Last Battle.)
5. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. (I want a dragon!)
6. The Rowan of Rin Series by Emily Rodda.
7. The Rift War Saga by Raymond E. Feist. (Yes, I know he's forbidden us from writing Fan Fics about his works, but there's nothing in the rules that says you can't say you like his books on your profile.)
8. Everything by David Eddings. He's so funny!
9. The Obernewtyn Cronicles by Isobell Carmody.
10. The Five-Hundred Kingdoms series by Mercedes Lackey.
11. The Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke.
12. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. (I know. I was surprised as well. The characters grabbed me by the heartstrings and dragged me into the depths and I have no hope of getting out again.)
There will be more later. Trust me.
1. The following Disney movies: Aladin, Tangled, Frozen, Brave. Most others have lost their appeal to me as I discovered better fairy tale retellings in novel form.
2. The whole Shrek Sequence.
3. The Cronicles of Narnia. (The first two movies so did the books justice, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader was all right.)
These will either be powerful, eloquent or just plain funny.
Zoe Marriott in response to one of the most common questions writers are asked: Where do you get your ideas from?
Juliet Marillier, from the author's note of Daughter of the Forest, the first book in the Sevenwaters series.
Clothahump the wizard speaking to John Tom, from the Spellsinger Chronicles Book 3. Day of the Dissonance, by Allan Dean Foster.
Alister, from Chapter 38 of Come Together, by my dear friend Kohaku no Hime. If she got it from somewhere else, I don't know where, but it's funny!
Valon referring to Joey, from Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 146. (Joey, I love you, but the way Valon said that...)
Yu-Gi-Oh! episode 179. (Why do I like that quote, especially given the context? Well, at least Seto's not in denial about that.)
Seto Kaiba, from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series. I'm not as in to that as some of my friends, but I still get a kick out of that quote. xD
The three quotes above were all taken from Episode 61 of Yu-Gi-Oh! the Abridged Series! I just watched the episode and there were other bits that amused me, but these topped the list. :D
(DBZ Abridged, Episode 48. God, I love that line. I love Tien. He is awesome in a can.)
Red confessing his love for Sorcha, from Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier. (This is the most beautiful confession of its kind I have encountered in literature so far.)
Finbar to Liadan, from Son of the Shadows, book 2 of the Sevenwaters series. I adore Finbar. Even after everything, his way with words never ceases to amaze me, though he rarely speaks aloud.
John/Jake Chambers, The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I don't own the books any more, but that quote always rings true for me.
Robin Rainne, the NaNoWriMo Forums. (Totally know the feeling. :D)
From the end of an episode of Call the Midwife.
Lavagirl. If you don't know where that's from, you make me sad. All imaginators should watch that movie. :D
Terence McKenna. I found this when I randomly put my username through a search engine and simply had to put it here.
Come on. We've all had these. I dare you to start listing them on your profiles as well.
1. Aladin from the Disney movies and series. Don't ask me why. I was eight, and I just thought he was awesome and dreamy.
2. Mirai Trunks from DBZ. All kinds of awesome. End of story.
3. Seto Kaiba.
4. Yami/Atem. (Sexy dub voice, how I miss thee. xD)
5. Yugi! (Squeeeeeeeeeee) So adooooorable!
6. Teal'c from Stargate: SG1. So ... much ... awesomeness ... (Goes into happy daydream.)
7. Finbar of Sevenwaters. Juliet Marillier created a diamond!
8. Prince Caspian x from the Chronicles of Narnia. (He is so hot only a star could handle it! xD And that absolutely irresistible accent he was given in the Prince Caspian film...(starts drooling on keyboard).)
9. Donatello--TMNT. (Smart, sweet and modest...What more is there to say?)
10. Sora--Kingdom Hearts. (He's gorgeous...*dreamy sigh*)
11. Jesse Anderson--Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. (Seriously, I had a dream I was dating him. It was so sweet, and he actually kissed me on the cheek! Odd thing was, this was after I saw the episode where Yubel captured him, but before I found out she was controling him. Crazy Trix is crazy.)
12. TK--Digimon. (OHMYGOSH SOOOOOO DREAMILICIOUS! And he has an angel Digimon! I WANT AN ANGEL DIGIMON!)
13. Alister--Yu-Gi-Oh! (New addition to the list, but no less loved for that. Blame Kohaku no Hime. The way she wrote him made me see how totally awesome he was. And grey eyes are so gorgeous.)
14. Ma-ti from "Captain Planet". (He should really be at number 1, as he was my first fictional crush ever. He was so sweet and caring and I absolutely adored him.)
15. Jean-Luc Picard--Star Trek: Next Generation. (What can I say? Patrick Stewart has a really sexy voice.)
16. Data--Star Trek: Next Generation. (HE'S SO FREAKIN' ADORABLE AND I WANT ONE.)
17. Julian Bashir--Star Trek: Deep Space 9. (Another adorable character with a cute voice. And he's smart too! xD)
This was going to happen sometime. I'll add to this list later, as I'm sure I'll forget somebody while I'm writing this up.
Dragon Ball Franchise:
Canon pairings I ship:
Non-canon pairings with canon characters:
Canon pairings I ship:
Non-canon pairings with canon characters:
Peachshipping =Yugi/Téa (I've been shipping these guys forever, and nobody will make me change my mind. Azure-shipping is just too much of a stretch for me, Vexshipping is just wrong, and Revolutionshipping would only end in tears. Sorry, but that's my take on this. Yugi and Téa forever!)
Polarshipping =Joey/Mai (Yes, I know she's eight years older than him, but I've been behind these two since Season 1 and I'm not changing my mind now.)
Ardentshipping =Tristan/Serenity (Of the guys who were interested in her in canon, Tristan seems the most likely candidate for her boyfriend post-series. This is another couple I've been behind for many years now, although another shipping involving Serenity has also caught my interest.)
Gentleshipping =Valon/Serenity (This ... this is adorable. Kohaku no Hime introduced me to this pairing—which she managed to get on the official Shippers List—and I fell in love with it. It's not my main Serenity pairing, but it's still one I'll write in certain future stories. I'll read Silentshipping and Cheershipping, but I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about those pairings and won't write for them.)
Blueshipping =Seto Kaiba/Kisara (I never even knew about Kisara until I read about her on this site, but now that I know about her, I love the pairing. I still have an OC for Seto that I created way back in 2005, but as far as official shippings go, I am first and foremost a Blueshipper.)
Trustshipping =Kaiba/Ishizu (I can get behind this, but I won't write it. Still awesome to read, though.)
Fillershipping =Noa/Rebecca (Another one that makes a lot of sense to me. The computer wiz and the virtual Kaiba. This does entail Noa not dying, but that's what makes it awesome. I hate the idea of permanent deaths where certain characters are concerned.)
Pairings involving OC's that aren't mine:
Fortuitshipping =Raphael/Ellie Monroe (Ellie is owned by Kohaku no Hime and she is adorable. :D)
Aerieshipping =Raphael/Skyler Whitlock (Skye is owned by Jupiter's Magic and is awesome.)
Thundershipping =Alister/Lola (Lola is also owned by Jupiter's Magic and I love her spunky attitude.)
Non-canon pairings with canon characters:
Pokéshipping =Ash/Misty (I don't care how many female companions Ash has. They'll never be quite like Misty and I will ship them together no matter what anyone says. I love May, Dawn and the others, but why did they have to come in and confuse everything?)
Canon pairings I ship:
Non-canon pairings with canon characters:
Draco/Hermione (has to be well-written though)
Draco/Luna (especially if based on the Dangerverse)
Pairings featuring OC's that aren't mine:
Remus/Danger Granger (Danger is owned by Whydoyouneedtoknow. She's on my fave authors list and you should read the Dangerverse when you have the time. Best Harry Potter AU ever. :D)
Sirius/Aletha Freeman (Another Dangerverse OC)
Neville/Meghan Black (Yep, another DV OC. What can I say? I really love that series.)
Works In Progress:
Wild Swans of Domino:
This is a purely Yu-Gi-Oh-based retelling of the fairytale by Hans Christian Anderson. (You can find an online copy of the original tale here.) I hope I am able to do it justice.
Detailed Summary: When Solomon, the king of Domino, dies tragically, leaving behind his wife and twelve children, none of them expect things to ever be the same again. But when Queen Coraline marries the grand duke of Kaiba, Lord Gozaburo, the lives of her eleven sons and only daughter are changed in more ways than any of them could have anticipated. The princess is raised far from all she has ever known and loved, and her eleven brothers are transformed into swans by a powerful enchantment, one only their sister can break.
This fic will include the following pairings:
Servantshipping=Yami/Mana (Apparently, it was separated from Vaseshipping because some people consider Yami and Atem different characters. Since they actually are in this fic, I had to assign the correct shipping.)
Fortuitshipping =Raphael/Ellie (an OC created by Kohaku no Hime. The shipping name is also hers.)
Vibrantshipping =Alister/Guardian Elma (I named the shipping myself. :D)
The Maginite Chronicles:
Easily my longest planned Fanfiction series to date, this is the record of the various events which unfold on the world of Magina, to which the characters of Dragon Ball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh!, YGO GX, YGO 5D's, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (4Kids version), and Winx Club have been transposed after spending far too long in the Rerun Dimention, where they have been forced to relive their stories endlessly until now. When they meet each other, a new story begins to unfold. Will include cross-series pairings, OC pairings, and a few surprises I will not reveal at this time. There will also be a great deal of randomness, Fourth-Wall breakage, and self-insertion, though I will not be pairing myself with anyone.
Although I haven't begun posting this here yet (as if that were not obvious), I have begun writing it and once I'm happy with the first few chapters, I will start posting.
Of Warriors, Duelists and Pokemon Training:
In which the characters of Dragon Ball and Sequels, the Yu-Gi-Oh's and TMNT embark on an adventure like none they have ever had previously. Join them as they journey through the various regions of the Pokemon world, making new friends, strengthening old bonds, and discovering that even the lowliest of Pokemon have their merits.
Side-story to Magina. The Pokemon the characters acquire in this series will feature in the story of Magina in various instances, but as this series is set in the Pokemon world, it has its own sub-category in my head.
The Curse of Delvania:
Title still subject to change; connected to OWDAPT; major TF story. That's all you're getting for now.
The Lion, the Lark, and the Flaxen-Haired Maiden:
Set in WSOD universe, and another fairytale retelling, but I won't say which fairytale or who is involved just yet. I will tell you that there are OC pairings in here, but no more than that.
The Shining One and Other Tales of Domino and Darthania:
Long title, I know, but it says it all. This will be a collection of oneshots and short multichapter stories set in the WSOD universe. I'd explain the title story to you, but that would mean a major spoiler, and I'm not gonna do that. Feel free to speculate until it's published.
Shadows of Deltora:
A Deltora Quest/Yu-Gi-Oh crossover set seven years after the Four Sisters were vanquished, and just after the defeat of Dartz.
Summary/Preview: A new peril threatens Deltora. Seven who died in the service of the land are sent on a mission by the spirits of the dragons. They must travel to another world, and give the seven Heart-Gems to those destined to bear them. These chosen bearers and their friends are soon thrust into another adventure in the strange kingdom the Heart-Gems originated from, and must band together to stand against a new enemy, and a force they had hoped never to face again.
Notes: I have no idea why nobody has done a crossover of these two series. The idea has so much potential! I won't post this until I have 10 chapters written (not including the prologue).
Harry Potter and the Swordsmen of Doom:
Summary/Preview: A new spin on the YGOHP Crossover, set post-YGO-canon and beginning in OotP. After a visit from a repentant Dartz, Albus Dumbledore travels halfway round the world to locate three adult wizards, who due to a combination of highly unusual circumstances, have no idea they possess magic. They must begin training as soon as possible, for the agent that suppressed their innate abilities has been removed, and the consequences of their continued ignorance could be extreme. Raphael, Alister and Valon thought the extraordinariness of their lives ended with the defeat of the Orichalcos. They could not have been more wrong.
Pairings: Valon/Serenity, Raphael/OC, Alister/OC, Kaiba/Kisara.
Notes: I plan on having fun with this. There will be serious moments, but I prefer humour to angst, so that's what I plan on writing in this fic. My biker portrayals will be heavily influenced by Kohaku no Hime's stories about them, although I will be careful what I reference. I will begin posting this story when I have 10 chapters ready.
Reborns of Sevenwaters:
Another bunny that pounced on me during Camp. I'll definitely have to reread the books in question before I take this too far, but it'll be fun to write when I get around to it. :D
Crossover with Pokemon and the Sevenwaters Series: Finbar and his siblings, among numerous others connected to them, have been given a second chance at life. Reborn into the present-day Pokemon world as a Natu, Finbar sets out to reunite his family and become accustomed to this strange new existence. Having Legendaries on his side helps, but his life in this new world will not be easy, especially since an old enemy has also been reborn and is out for revenge.
Daughters of the Forests of Silence:
Another Sevenwaters Crossover, this time with Deltora Quest.
Summary/Preview: The forest of Sevenwaters protects its own. The day Sorcha fled from the Lady Oonagh, it out-does itself by opening a portal to another world. Sorcha emerges into a wilder and more dangerous forest, but quickly makes an ally in a girl her own age who is very similar to her in appearance. Their stories intertwine and are changed forever as a result. Sorcha/Jasmine friendship, possible pairings later on.
The Twelfth Corona:
A retelling of The Wild Swans with an original cast. I will post this in the fairytales category on this site as well as on my Fiction Press account. Readers of WSOD will find certain similarities between the two, but since both stories were inspired by the same fairytale, and since TTC came first, that's only to be expected. Believe me, the original content far outweighs any similarities you may find.
Summary/Preview: After the death of their mother, Prince Maximillian and his siblings are each given one of the twelve remarkable crowns entrusted to their aunts, who once danced in an otherworldly castle every night for nearly three years. The crowns, known collectively as the Twelve Coronas, are powerfully magical and bond themselves with their owners, unable to be removed from them against their will.
PHEW, THAT'S A LOT OF STORIES! Stop it, bunnies! I can't take anymore! It'll take me years to finish all of these!
To all YGO fans:
I use mostly the dub names, but there are a few exceptions to this rule, as seen below.
Ryou/Bakura: Basically what every YGO author and their dogs have been doing since forever. The hikari is Ryou; the yami is Bakura.
Rishid Ishtar: I hated Odion, to be honest. It sounded like something out of "The Lord of the Rings" and it just never sat right with me. (Not that I don't like LotR, but there's a time and place for names like that.) It also reminds me of the adjective "odious", something he most definitely is not.Besides, Rishid sounds more Egyptian.
Marik/Malik: My approach to this character has entirely changed as of July 2017. As far as Marik is concerned, I use his dub name. Yami Marik, however, will be approached quite differently to the way he has been in other fics I've read.
Miruko: Mikey just sounded...wrong to me. As soon as I learned the kid's Japanese name, I knew I'd use it instead of the dubbed one.
Noa Kaiba: I spell it this way because I saw Kohaku no Hime do it, and my screen-reader treats it the same regardless. And it feels more right than the biblical variant.
Note: I have since amended my choice to use Cecelia's sub name. I'll be using her dubbed one now. She prefers Cece, however. xD
If you want to find out more about what I'm up to, what's distracting me and various other goings on, feel free to check out my Tumblr, "imaginatrix27". The links on profiles have been screwed up for a while now, so I won't link it directly, but I think most people on here know how Tumblr urls work. :)
All and Sundry (12)
Amilya Eclair Farron (58)
Crime Scene Fairy (18)
Gweniveve Skyes (39)
Homura Bakura (33)
Iced Blood (50)
Jupiter's Magic (10)
Kohaku no Hime (60)
Mr. Chaos (72)
Mystic Medjai (7)
PJ Blindclown (9)
Rose and Psyche (49)
|Community:||Fairytale Retellings: Fanfiction Style|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|