Author has written 3 stories for Big Time Rush.
I don't have a burning passion to write all the time. I do get the itch once in a while, though. I'll try to justify this account by seeing if I can get the itch more often.
If you can imagine stories that are interesting enough to hold my attention, you can tell them using proper spelling and grammar. Here are a few mistakes I see all the time in stories:
- confusing "to" and "too" (and sometimes "two") (when you mean "overly", use "too", as in "too much", "too little", "too big", etc.)
- confusing "your" and "you're" ("you're" is ONLY used in place of "you are", NEVER as the possessive)
- confusing "its" and "it's" ("it's" is ONLY used in place of "it is", NEVER as the possessive)
- confusing "their", "there" and "they're" ("they're" is ONLY used in place of "they are", NEVER as the possessive; the possessive -- the one you use when you mean "belonging to them" -- is "their")
- using "defiantly" instead of "definitely" (try saying the sentence in your head, and SOUND OUT these words -- "dee-fy-ant-lee" versus "deh-fin-it-lee") (this is a bizarrely common error on this site)
- confusing "breath" and "breathe" (you take a breath; you breathe deeply or loudly)
- misspelling "laid" as "layed" (yeah, "layed" looks right, but it's not)
- sentence fragments and run-on sentences
- improperly punctuating dialogue (this gets messed up in too many ways for me to list them all: consult a book or a grammar site)
I would love to say that I can get past spelling and grammatical errors to see the beautiful heart of your story, but the truth is that there is so much I would like to read (on fanfiction.net and elsewhere) that it doesn't take too many mistakes before I get fed up and read something else.
Unsafe External Link