Author has written 4 stories for Persona Series, My Little Pony, Familiar of Zero, and Dota 2.
Like many authors, I aspire to become a great writer. Mainly for fun, and also to have something to share.
Why? Well... Life is more often a measure of how you made yourself a difference in the lives of others, especially to those close to you. I mean, if you could write a million things about yourself, then why not have something to add - even a little - in the pages of others?
Because if you're going to share a bit of yourself through a written memory, then you better might as well make it a damn good one for the others to remember you by.
There really isn't much to tell about me, really.
Initially, I preferred the fics I want to read to be lengthy, but after going through much relatively short ones, I figured that the quality is not only found in the ones with over 20k words. Even a half of that number could as fulfilling.
Sturgeon's Law still applies, however.
Regardless, I'm trying to reach that kind quality, or at least settle to just grasp even just a fraction of it. Ideas come and go to just about anyone, yet some find it hard to implement them into words. There's a lot of interesting concepts thought of and written every day, but have they become what the author had intended?
Then there's the little 'complete' button. Tricky little guy. Fics that have much potential than the author could have expected rarely became complete. Some ended up waiting to be thawed out after the author runs out of time and inspiration. Others were just a byproduct of a short burst of said inspiration, then left to gather dust once the author moves to another.
I guess what I'm really trying to say- or type- was that my path to be an author is long. Fueled by will, motivation, and inspiration. Among other things.
Anyway, I would like to thank those people that read and like my work. It's really encouraging to know that people wait for your update, as would I would wait for my own favorite fics.
...That's about it.
Random stuff I was putting each time I edit this sad excuse for a profile:
Rules for Writing HiE (Human in Equestria)
(Some of these apply to every other fic out there.)
1. Self-inserts. Just don't do it. Trust me.
2. A manticore is so over used, I feel insulted whenever one makes an appearance. Bonus anger if one shows up in the first fuckin' chapter.
3. Try to skim over the awkward meet n' greet scene that all these stories have. No one wants to hear about how bad our world is for 7 paragraphs.
4. Don't have a mane 6(try anyone for that matter) instantly fall for your character. If you do, at least give a sensible fucking reason.
5. "Is that grass?" Fuck. No.
6. Cell phone. Again, fuck no.
7. "I am going to save the world!" bonus anger if the MC has magical powers that he pulls out of his ass.
8. "I instantly love this world and would never hurt a fly in it." This makes me want to cough up blood.
9. "I will adopt Scootaloo." NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
10. A mary sue. There is a special place in Hell for authors that make these.
11. Spelling. You don't want to sound like an idiot to your readers.
12. Grammar. Refer to rule 11.
13. Format your story properly.
14. No. more. FUCKING. pilots.
15. Don't give your character a small arsenal right in the beginning.
16. Don't make your character an incompetent tit. I have no sympathy for tools.
17. Human turns pony upon arrival for no good reason. Bonus points for somehow immediately adopting to walking on four legs and manages to not look so awkward while stumbling upon Ponyville. Extreme anger if your OC is a MOTHERF*CKIN' ALICORN.
18. Adding "fanon" ponies into the story, especially Lyra, Bon-bon, and Derpy. Bonus points for turning Lyra into a socially-awkward pony who craves everything human related and some more.
19. Falling into unconsciousness for stupid and arbitrary reasons (i.e., Applejack/Rainbow Dash bucking the protagonist, hitting head into a tree root, etc.)
20. Extremely wangsty teenager who hates their life, family, society, and everything else. Bonus points if the teenager either: a) falls in love with Fluttershy, b) wants to live in Equestria forever and disregards planet Earth for good, c) wangst how Earth is a shitty planet full of war, chaos, economic disparity, etc., d) all of the above.
21. Don't kill off canon characters. This is a good way to end up on the business end of an angry mob.
22. Pace your story. DETAILS BITCH. USE THEM!
23. Don't make the reason your human is in Equestria a fucking portal. Can you try and ring some originality out of your skull or do I have to beat it out of you?
24. No more fucking car crash entries. Refer to rule 23.
25. Amnesia. Don't do it you lazy bastard. Give your character a face, name, and backstory or else he is just another douche off of the street that anyone could care less about if he ends up in a dumpster or with a bullet in his head.
26. Brony in Equestria. 'Nuff said.
27. Quit ripping off My Little Dashie. I will find you and I will kill you.
[A Decision of Fate]
- My younger self was an idiot.
[Arsenal of Zero]