Author has written 13 stories for Mortal Kombat.
A Few Things About Me
Hello, everyone! My name is Elly, and I'm a 22-year-old art student living in Chicago, Illinois. Some of you may remember me as Subterranean Stepdancer, or Cold Recluse. I only changed my pen name to reflect the city that I am from, so I apologize in advance for any confusion this might have caused.
Moving on, I'd like to mention a few things about myself:
- Art is very important to me, and I'm currently majoring in Illustration & Design at the Illinois Institute of Art here in the Windy City. My goal is to make an impact in the world with my creativity, and I look forward to being able to do so. The world would be very boring without art, after all!
- I'm not very emotional for a woman. If anything, I'm more logical. Feel free to look up ISTP on the Myers-Briggs if you're curious.
- I'm louder online than I am in real life.
- I'm generally really nice to everyone that PMs me - as long as they are nice to me. Disrespecting me in any way will only result in me not liking you, or wanting to talk to you. Good vibes only, please!
- I met my best friend on this site two years ago. DemiGoddess007, I'm looking at you, homie.
- I'm Hispanic. For some reason, a lot of people on this site seem to think that I'm white. I'm not. Far from it, in fact. Don't let my proper use of grammar fool you.
Okay. That's all I'm adding to this list for now.
Regarding My Stories
I used to lurk this site for a few months before I finally registered in 2012. At first, I was really afraid to post my stories despite my love for writing, and it was mostly because of the immature trolls that frequent this site. Took me a while to get over it and post my work regardless, but you know what? I'm glad that I did. Posting my stories has been a great experience, and I've made some awesome friends here, too.
Having said that, I am acutely aware of the fact that Among the Shadows and Exiled on Earthrealm are two of my current stories that people seem to enjoy. However, I have a few important things that I'd like for my readers to keep in mind:
- My sense of humor is always evident in anything I write, and it is often of the controversially offensive kind.
- If you get offended by OOC-ness, AU, or OCs, too bad. There are many other authors on this site that stick with canon, and that's cool, too. I, personally, enjoy being creative, hence my preference for AU and OOC-ness. Gotta be able to think outside the box as a writer.
- I cannot update when you want me to. As mentioned before, I am an incredibly busy art student, and I have a life of my own. That means that I update on my terms, not yours. Please be patient.
- I don't take requests. If I had enough time for that, I would, but I don't.
I've had the opportunity to get to know a lot of amazing people since joining this site two years ago. Not listed in any order, these are the people I'm glad to have befriended.
- DemiGoddess007. This goes without saying, as she's been there for me since the very beginning. We've shared many laughs and tears, and I'm proud to say that this amazing woman is like a sister to me. I wouldn't have met her had I not joined this site, so I'm glad we got the chance to get to know each other.
- Torion. I don't always get to speak to her, considering that we're both very busy with college. I'm also not as close to her as I am with DemiGoddess007, but I definitely have to admit that I truly enjoy the conversations that we have. She and I generally shoot ideas for our stories back and forth, and give each other critiques if necessary. She's a very helpful and kind person, and I also admire and have a lot of respect for her talent as a writer.
- CryoManceR. This man is like a brother to me, and I have a lot of respect for him. Whenever I need ideas or suggestions for my stories (or even personal issues) he's always willing to help. He's definitely come a long way since he first joined this site, and I have to say... I'm fucking proud of him!