Author has written 9 stories for Harry Potter, Twilight, and Vampire Knight.
"There is no great writing, only great rewriting." - Justice Brandeis
Notes from the Microsoft Word Document of AJ Seawiel
Yeah, I'm not even going to bother apologizing for my year-long absence. It's just pointless.
Just thought I'd tell you all that the hiatus continues. I just don't have time for any frivolous writing while I'm attending university, and I don't want to promise you updates when I know there won't be any. The point of this little note was to mention that I have not died (in case there is any reviewers left out there), but that you shouldn't expect any updates for quite some time. Probably not until I graduate, which should be around May 2013.
I wish you all the best until then. Good luck with your writing!
Cheers ~ AJ
1. My beta - the amazingly talented and oh-so-blunt lavinia lavender - has decided to take beta requests! If you like my work, it's pretty much all because of her - she makes it near-perfect every time. So, if you're searching for a beta, please send her a request! And if you'd like to get some more information on this brilliant person, you can always message me and I shall sing her praises for you any time.
2. I have created a blog entitledIf you have a spare moment (or just find yourself incredibly bored) please journey on over and take a peek, leave a comment. I will be (hopefully) updating it regularly, so you can see how my fics are coming along. I will also post some of the original pieces I have been working on if you feel like checking them out. Cheers!
Author Recommendations: If you wish to read something of mine, I suggest Afterglow, and anything else published AFTER that. If you want to delve into the earlier works, prepare yourself for some cringe worthy reading. -twitch-
Name: You may refer to me as AJ.
10 Random Facts:
1. I started writing fiction when I was eleven. In sixth grade, two of my best friends decided it was pertinent that I learn everything there was to know about Fushigi Yuugi - I even got quizzed during class! - and soon after, Cardcaptor Sakura followed. Then, overwhelming with a wealth of wisdom (wow, good alliteration, eh?) such as Miaka's favourite entree, dessert, and appetizer, and the first, middle and last names of all of Syaoran's closest relatives, I was introduced to fanfiction. I started reading fan favourites, such as Little Wolf LOVER's Wild Things!, and KayJuli's The Power of Two Hearts, (both extremely excellent and if you haven't read them, you really should!) and soon I got the urge to write my own story and get just as many reviews. (Of course, I soon found out there was more to getting over two thousand reviews than simply sticking pen to paper!) My first fanfic was a Syao/Saku fic and it turned out to total 12 chapters and received 100 reviews. However, as many of you know, I never complete anything, (besides the occasional oneshot) and I didn't actually finish it before I took it off. It was a dramatic (and intensely painful) moment, watching my first 100 reviews disappear before my eyes, but I really had to do it. That writing was just... well... let's say I've improved.
2. I'm a klutz. If any of you have read Stephenie Meyer's Twilight, you understand that Bella is clumsy. Try multiplying that by about 20 and you'll come slightly closer to what I am capable of. Ask anyone who knows me. -sweatdrop-
3. I obsess over things. Which means I'll take something, for instance, a band, and research them, watch their music videos, come very close being labeled a stalker, and then listen to their album(s) in my car for about 5 - 10 months. Usually the obsessions I have (especially music) will influence my writing, so you may find an author's note here or there telling you to listen to a specific song during a certain scene. My current obsessions are Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Vampire Knight, Twilight, and Bloody Jack. These will probably change in a few months time.
4. I LOVE quotes. I have a poster of "What is love?" quotes on my wall, plus a whole bunch more written in eyeliner on my mirrors.
5. I have a terrible weakness for cookies. I am not prejudiced against any type of cookie; I will eat them warm, room temp, frozen, I'll even eat raw cookie dough (yum).
6. I have issues with repetition. You will most likely never see anything repeated in my stories; my Writing 12 teacher tried to break me of this quirk, but it didn't stick. I have absolutely no idea why I dislike repetition so much (considering one of my favourite poems is Thomas Dylan's "Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night") I'm just a weirdie...
7. I'm a film junkie. I love watching movies of any genre (horror is my least favourite; action/epic is my favourite), but I'm not a huge fan of TV.
8. I like variety when it comes to music. You probably couldn't guess HALF of what is on my Ipod. It ranges from Euro-techno to Metallica to Gavin DeGraw to Backstreet Boys to The Beatles to... well, you get the idea.
9. I'm a big fan of the semi-colon. You will probably see this strange piece of punctuation A LOT if you read my stories. I also enjoy one-sentence paragraphs. They make things more dramatic.
10. I'm a Theatre Kid. What does this label entail, you ask? It means I sing constantly: down the halls, doing the dishes, driving, etc (even if I don't know the words to a song, I'll make them up), I'm dramatic (sometimes overdramatic), I will often quote musicals and people will have no idea what I'm going on about, and I'm not afraid of being put on the spot. I've been in three major musicals, and a couple plays. I love being on stage, I love acting, I love being crazy, and I love the people I do it with!
Unsafe External Link