Author has written 20 stories for That '70s Show, Veronica Mars, Teen Wolf, and Mad Men.
I'm a former screenwriter and current children's book app writer/publisher. I've never written prose before (for those over the age of six)--only screenplays and kiddie books--so I thought I'd practice here. So far, I am LOVING it. So many talented writers lurk around ff.net and I'm blown away.
Love That 70's Show, New Girl, Arrested Development, Weeds, Veronica Mars, Party Down, It's always Sunny in Philadelphia, Community, Mad Men, Freaks & Geeks, Shameless and other ensemble comedies with love angst and a hint of dark humor. Looking for other ensemble shows to write for so lemme know if you have any suggestions.
I also have a soft (hard? wet?) spot for well-written fic smut : )
My pet peeve is unfinished stories, so expect that I will finish what I start--other than testing out whether or not to continue a story by posting just one chapter (ie - Just One of the Guys, which is not happening) - in which case, I will clearly state that it's a test when I post.
Even if it's been a year since the last update, I promise you that I've been thinking of that last chapter and it's probably half written (ie - The Morning After, which WILL be finished). The only exception to this is possibly the TW/VM cross-over, and that's simply because I've become disillusioned by the Teen Wolf fandom/TPTB. I may finish it, but it's not at the top of my list.
My earlier stuff on here is not nearly as well-developed as my later stuff. I've been really learning through doing, and I can definitely see the quality increase with each story. That said, you may want to start with the later fics, because IMO the earlier ones are not the best.
My favorite couples are total opposites who have a love/hate/sometimes hostile dynamic. I'm a huge fan of Logan/Veronica (VM), Jackie/Hyde (T70s), Mickey/Ian (Shameless) and Charles/Erik (X-Men) fan.
- I'm an adventure screenwriter, so my fics also tend to fall along those lines and take place over lots of locations with tons of crazy stuff happening.
- I'm also not big on sappiness/fluff and love dark humor! My characters swear like sailors and like to get it on (see above re: my love of sMut!).
- I'm a canon girl, and am generally not into 'forbidden ships' or pairing couples who have absolutely no basis in the show's history (with the exception of Mac/Dick, though I would argue there were a lot of hints toward the possibility in season 3).
- Not a big fan of OCs as main love interests either, but don't mind them in triangles, as long as they aren't written as straw men.
- I don't write much of it, but crack!fic is A-OK with me. The wackier and more creative, the better. I really wish I could think of something out-there wacky - so feel free to suggest via PM.
- OOC = Crap. Unless there's a compelling reason why somebody is acting not like themselves (ie - amnesia, hit on the head, PTSD, unknown trauma...or crack!fic, etc), I want no part of it. I don't care what you make your characters do, just make sure they're doing it in character. People want to read their fandoms because they love the characters, not some watered down wish-fulfilment version of them. Basically, don't expect my Hyde to deliver romantic soliloquies while playing the harp, or my Veronica to be a trusting, demure débutante who would drink an unsealed beverage given to her by a total stranger. Their flaws are what makes the stories entertaining.
Thanks for reading my stuff! Your reviews and comments make my day!
PS - Because so many have asked, my Username is an homage to Marlene Dietrich's character in the movie "Shanghai Express". It's all about the Noir (I majored in film at college).
Unsafe External Link