Author has written 72 stories for Yu-Gi-Oh, Tiger & Bunny/タイガー＆バニー, One Piece, Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Skip Beat!, Bleach, Durarara!!/デュラララ!!, Hetalia - Axis Powers, Junjō Romantica, Wallflower, Kuroko no Basuke/黒子のバスケ, and Prince of Tennis.
To the guest reviewer for Izaya and Shizuo: You're wrong, as wrong as you can be. The story wasn't rushed. I worked hard on the pacing, I planned the story exactly like that. It was a one-shot and like all one-shots it is designed to be a slice of life. The story is about the two making up. There isn't any more, there can't be. After all I haven't the foggiest idea what came before and what comes after. Give a writer a little more credit to know if a story is meant to be a one shot or multi-chapter. The decision is up to the writer not the reader. I am pissed right now. The poll is coming down. I don't care if people feel a story can be extended, if I don't feel it, it's not happening.
When I started, I made it a policy to give thanks to everybody who favorite/follow/or reviewed. I can't do that anymore, so just know you are appreciated. Thank you so much and please continue to support me. I don't know what I would do without you. I will make every effort to answer reviews and PM's, as I feel responding to them is important.
You will find me on Facebook with the name Karin Mazaki, Karin for Ichigo's little sister on Bleach. I use Bleach names for all of my OCs. Send me a PM on this site if you want me to friend you on Facebook.
Let me explain the pen name. I am a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh and I get mad when Anzu/Tea is bashed. So in support of a fellow guy-girl, I took her name. I am also a teacher, so when I call myself "sensei", I mean it.
You might have noticed the crummy pictures I use for some of my cover art, yes, they are mine.
I have branched out to include stories based on Tiger & Bunny and One Piece. Check out my Chaseshipping (Tristan/Duke) story, I'm really proud of it. I am working on a Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's story (Jack/Carly). I will publish it when it is complete. Let me just say Jack will suffer before getting Carly back. :)
The rest of this profile is about Yu-Gi-Oh.
I have only three yaoi pairings from Yu-Gi-Oh that I like, Chase, Protect and Puppy. I reject all of the others. I need to rant a bit here. From the start I have been debating whether or not to write about my enduring dislike for Yami/Hakari pairings. I find them creepy and weird. I mean, why pair sweet boys with dead guys who look exactly like them? Not only that but messing with timelines makes for all kinds of trouble. I refer to all sci-fi stories for proof of that.
I realize that having Yami back would be nice, but he is with the souls of people he's loved his whole life. It isn't fair to take him away from that. He looked so happy to go home and Yugi was happy for him. This reminds me of how happy Marik was when the evil personality was destroyed. There is no way Marik would want him back for any reason. And his sister after all of the pain and suffering she went through. No way, no how! Now imagine Bakura with the tomb robber, meeting his archaeologist father for the first time. "Dad, meet my new boyfriend, he used to rob tombs, but I reformed him through nagging and withholding..." I don't think Dad would approve, much less his friends. Now here is the reason I decided to write this rant. It occurred to me that there is one very big flaw with the pairings. Yami, Y. Bakura, and Y. Marik have all killed people. There is no way around it. They skimmed over it in the anime but yeah.
I'll try to keep my characters in character. Some writers like a wusy, cry baby Yugi, or a psycho Anzu/Tea, or a evil, yet romantic (?) Kaiba, or a degraded weak Jounouchi/Joey, but that is making them out of character. I won't do that.
I have a "theory on Puppyshipping" scroll down to the end to read it, but first some thoughts on the main characters on the show.
The main character that goes on a journey with a spirit referred as "the other Yugi". The purpose of this series is to discover the Pharaoh's memories, name and defeat bad guys with a children's card game. ;-) I am a Peachshipper and I do not favor Puzzleshipping. Not that there is anything wrong with liking Puzzleshipping, it's fine with me if you like it, it's just a pairing that will never appear in my stories. Besides Yugi is crazy for Tea, that much is clear.
I will be using the English names, I just use Anzu because it is Mazaki Anzu, and I needed a Japanese name to go with "sensei". Gardner-sensei is just wrong.
Tea is fascinated with the Pharaoh, who can blame her. In the end, she picks Yugi, because she truly loves him. There is plenty of cannon evidence of this. I favor Tea because I see in her a fellow guy-girl. A guy-girl is a girl who likes to hang out with guys and do guy things. However, a guy-girl is different from a tomboy. A tomboy like to compete against the boys, while guy-girls like to cheer lead from the side. Tea is nice, sweet, at times tough, smart, cool and cute. She also believes in the same stuff that Yugi believes in. What more could Yugi want in a girlfriend?
What can I say about this guy other than he is a loyal friend and has a strong body. I will pair him with either Serenity, Duke, or Ryo.
I was originally a Polarshipper. During the DOMA arc Mai comes off as flighty and fragile, and I started to think maybe a 16 year old kid can't handle this, and maybe Valon could. I think both Mai and Joey need the same thing, someone who is strong, steady, and stable, the definition of Seto Kaiba. See my "Theory on Puppyshipping". In the end Puppyshiping is just sexier, and maybe toward the end Joey just seemed to be more of a protective brother to Mai, rather than a lover. *shrugs*
He seems to be the type to swing both ways and he is so much fun to write about. You can pair him with almost anyone.
It is said often in fan fiction that Kaiba drinks coffee, eats salads, skips meals, neglects his brother and killed his father. I can't find anything in the cannon that supports this. So, it won't be included in my stories. Let's assume he gets sufficient food and sleep or else he will not be able to function as a CEO. However, he might be a workaholic, and a difficult boss. My Seto pays well and gives great benefit packages. See below for my "Theory on Puppyshipping".
He is five years younger than his brother, he's 11, not 5, 8, or 10, and please age him up as Seto ages. I wrote a review once on a story where Mokuba was 9 years younger than Seto. That would mean he was 1 when their parents died, man that was one big baby. *shakes head* Perhaps the most misunderstood person in fan fiction. People often describe him as a fast talking kid with a thousand questions, addicted to sugar, and lonely because his brother neglects him so much. There is no cannon evidence for this. He is a miniature version of his brother. Cute, serious, busy, a computer genius and devoted to his brother. The two of them are always together, working side by side for Kaiba Corp. I might pair him with either Serenity or Rebecca. I based the above on the Mokuba from the anime. recently I have been reading the manga, the Mokuba represented in the manga is rude, mean, a brat and an attempted murderer. He is however smart and completely devoted to his brother. In my fanfiction I see him taking Joey's side when he fights with Seto. Mokuba will stand up for what is right, and that will include having his big brother treat his boyfriend right. ;)
I discovered Bakura's first name is Ryo, and it's pronounced Rio, as in Rio de Janeiro. The name is so cool, I love it, from now on Ryou is Ryo in my stories and if I go back to fix that Peachship, I'll make that change too. :)
I see him as a romantic interest for Tristan. I discovered Protectshipping when I saw some art on DA. It makes sense to me that a gentle person like Ryo would care for Tristan, a big, strong protective type. Tristan's history includes an interest in meek girls, so why not a meek boy? I have yet managed to include this pairing in my stories, I have to find a back story that will work. More often I have used the OC "Mary" as a love interest for Ryo, I think of the name Mary as a generic British name. Just think of her as a all purpose OC.
Also he's not an Albino! That really bugs me. So many fan fics have him as an albino??? It doesn't make sense, he has brown eyes.
Grandpa and Mrs. Muto
Yugi's mother exists in the season 0 cannon and I have already featured her in one of my stories. So, she exists. Both of these characters will be in the background for me to use when I want them.
Um Mr. Muto doesn't exist in the cannon, but that doesn't mean he's dead. Bottom line I killed him off in one story (too depressing) and decided to resurrect him. If I ever do a re-write of that story I will change so many things.
Rebecca, Mai and other characters
I will use them from time to time as the story dictates.
Theory on Puppyshipping
Since first writing this theory, I have read the manga and I have decided that I can't use it for my theory. All of my pairings except Peach can not be supported by the manga.
1) I can't use Joey and Kaiba from season 0. Kaiba is too evil and Joey is too much of a thug to have a romance between these two. In the English dub, Joey is more happy-go-lucky and Kaiba while angry seems to tolerate their existence.
2) It appears the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh decided that some of his characters like both boys and girls.
3) I believe that worrying about characters being OOC is silly. People change when they get older, mature and fall in love. Therefore, I am not going to worry about my characters being OOC. There is no way around it, in time everyone changes; it is natural, even for stubborn boys. When you watch enough episodes, you begin to notice Kaiba does change. One example (of many), Kaiba at first doesn't like to team duel with the Pharaoh, but by the end of the series he doesn't complain at all. It is as if he resigned to the fact that the gang is always going to be around and there is nothing he can do about it.
4) Joey doesn't have to change his behavior unless it applies to the story. Kaiba has to change or the story will not work. Joey will never accept Kaiba unless he lightens up and accepts him and his friends. Kaiba does change a little bit a least toward Yugi (Pharaoh) because he respects him so much. He seems to accept the gang because they help him and his beloved brother often.
5) Sometime after the series ends, Kaiba becomes friends with the gang, through Yugi or Duke. He admits to Joey he is an OK duelist, just not at his level. Joey is agreeable to this, and they bury the hatchet. He doesn't tell dog jokes any more, which are kind of immature.
6) Kaiba admits to some magic caused by objects such as the Millennium Rod. Otherwise, he spent a lot of time hallucinating and you better get the rubber room ready. In the manga he believes in magic somewhat and knows Yami is real.
7) He doesn't believe he is the reincarnation of Seth. He is the descendant of the high priest. He likes having a noble heritage though. The magic caused the Yamis to appear. Everyone believes the Yamis are dead and are going to stay dead in my fiction.
8) The gang is satisfied with Kaiba's answers and knows it's pointless to argue. It is kind of a miracle that he admitted to magic and agreed to be friends with them.
9) Kaiba hangs out with the gang when he feels like it and leaves when he's done. The gang is fine with this as well. As time passes he comes more often and stays longer. He doesn't admit to being their friend until pressed.
10) As time goes by and Kaiba gets used to having friends, he begins to see Joey in a new light and they start to date. I think Joey always wanted to be friends with Kaiba, but being boyfriends with Seto Kaiba is even better. ;)
The theory can be summed up this way: Joey and Seto forgive and forget, become friends and then become lovers. They alter their thinking first and their hearts follow.
That's all folks. Thanks for reading.
Unsafe External Link