Author has written 71 stories for Doctor Who, and How to Train Your Dragon.
Man, it’s been like two years since I updated this thing. Yeesh. Anyway, hi, name’s 10Blue10. Call me Blue. No, my name doesn't mean anything in particular. I’ve always loved writing, it’s sort of my thing, and I joined FFN waaaay back in 2012 (that’s 7 years, yikes) writing Doctor Who fics. I've apparently written 41 in total.
Platonic soulmates are my jam, so a lot of my early work revolves around the shipping of the Doctor and his TARDIS, or as I dubbed it, DocTAR ('The Doctor's Wife' episode canonised my OTP, best episode ever). As well as a bit of Doctor/River and Doctor/Romana shipping. I like shipping the Doctor with someone who can stay.
I wrote a series where the TARDIS gives herself a human body and ends up pregnant with the Doctor's child (don't ask), a series where the Doctor finds three more of his people and they form a family unit, and a self-insert story (I didn't know any better, I'm sorry) where not-me and not-my friend travel with the Doctor and Clara. Those last two petered out and were cancelled after I lost interest in Doctor Who, partly because of not being invested in the episodes and partly because I'd rediscovered...
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON
I'm not sure how I got into this fandom, exactly. I'd always liked the movies (well, the first one, and most of the second. The third is dead to me). All I remember is that I started reading, reviewing and favouriting a lot of HTTYD fanfics, many of which were really good. Like I said, platonic soulmates are my jam, so of course most of the fics I read were about Hiccup & Toothless being bros or actual platonic soulmates. One story in particular, 'Dragonheart' by words-with-dragons, caught my attention.
The premise of the fic was that Toothless did something to Hiccup in order to save his life and they are now each other's dragonhearts, essentially soulmates. Feel each other's emotions, share pain, die with each other, all that jazz. I liked the concept so much that I decided to do my own version, and after that things...escalated. There are now nine books and counting in the Heart Bind Saga, as well as two side stories and several one-shots/poems. I've also gotten tons of wonderful reviews, complements and constructive criticism for this series, and I could not be more grateful. I've loved writing it so far and I hope to keep writing it for a while to come.
To recap, the Heart Bind Saga (HBS for short) chronicles the adventures of Hiccup and Toothless after Toothless performs an ancient draconic ritual on Hiccup to keep from dying, so now he will die when/if Toothless dies and vice versa. It starts prior to HTTYD2, and from there goes non-canon. Not everything in RTTE is canon to my series.
The HiccTooth in the HBS is purely platonic, sometimes queerplatonic - they are intimate, but not in a sexual way. However, I was corrupted to the dark side (to be fair, I didn't really put up much of a fight), so if you are one of those HiccTooth shippers, my AO3 account has a series called 'Ex' that is set in the same verse as HBS but NSFW.
On the other hand, if whump fics are your thing, I also wrote an AU - which isn't that dark, but I know my limits - after my plot bunnies said "Hey, you know what you should do? You should write a fic where Hiccup is enslaved and tortured but Toothless is there to comfort him afterwards. Think of the angst! The delicious angst!"
I think that covers everything. I hope you enjoy reading my fics, although my recent work is much better, which is only to be expected. Thank you for stopping by!
1) The collective HTTYD works of PutMoneyInThyPurse. She has a myriad of cute, wholesome, and very touching one-shots. Her extended works are extremely well written and packed with feels. My favourites include Unbreaking, Possible and the Carry series.
2) The collective HTTYD works of Le’letha, more specifically her Nightfall series. This is a unique spin on the popular ’Hiccup raised by dragons’ storyline. Although the dragon-speak can be hard to follow, once you figure it out it is definitely worth the read.
3) Dragon Whisperer by Fizzlemcschnizzle. This story and its sequel, Dragons 101, explore the ramifications of Berks peace with dragons and present a new take on telepathic communication between the dragons. Both stories are complete.
4) Umbreytingu by Elfpen. This is a ’Toothless turns human’ fic, but don’t let that put you off. There’s a great, brotherly dynamic between Hiccup and Toothless that I love in this fic. It’s wholesome, funny and heartwarming, and most importantly, complete.
5) Living Vicariously by VigoGrimborne. Words cannot really do this fic justice; at least not without spoiling the best parts. There is no Hiccstrid, so be warned if you are into that, but it is the start of an excellent AU to the first movie. This story is complete