Author has written 12 stories for Gundam Seed.
Previously known as ExArchmagus.
Disclaimer #1: User has a tendency to regret writing about certain subjects on the internet.
Disclaimer #2: Regardless, the user believes that they are entitled to their own opinion.
Don't read this writing if you believe in trigger warnings and safe spaces.
While we're at the top, my current avatar is one of Char Aznable from Gundam: The Origin.
Table of Stuff:
- Stuff About Me
- Stuff I Wrote
- Stuff I've Watched
- Stuff That Might Confuse You
- Stuff I've Built
Stuff About Me:IRL Name: Rubick, Son of Aghanim (Cookie if you get the reference =D) Gender: That's not relevant on this site
where you'll see the deepest/darkest/most romantic/kinkiest shit uploaded by both sides if you know where to look. Age: Above legal drinking age in profile-listed country Height: Above 6' Sign: Aquarius, the Water Bearer Post-Secondary Program of Study: BSc in Computer Engineering The DeviantArt Profile that I haven't logged into for a very long time: Look it up, profile formatting keeps wrecking the link. As to why I don't post that often, because trolls. What? Think I'm too harsh? Then look up artwork of the pairing in question and link me all the insulting comments I made to them for the sole sake of stirring up trouble. When will I post to DA again: When I have a bundle of new artwork to post/edit existing works. No, I haven't forgotten my gundams. Here is a video that I highly suggest you watch because the perspective it portrays is deeply in-line with my own. Two Really Awesome Final Boss Themes! Quotes I Agree With:
- "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
- "The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct." - Marcus T. Cicero
- "Where the world ceases to be the stage for personal hopes and desires, where we, as free beings, behold it in wonder, to question and contemplate, there we enter the realm of art and science." - Albert Einstein
- "Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people." - House
- "Create a world with no need for Gods." - Goddess Meyneth, Xenoblade Chronicles
- "Pros and cons, not right and wrong." - ExArchmagus
"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference." - Elie Wiesel
I respectfully disagree. The relationship between love, hate, and indifference involves a fourth element: Passion. Much like the true relationship between the economic left, the economic right, the social left and the social right, this relationship is two dimensional; love and hate form one of the axis, while passion and indifference form the other. Much like the ideological graph, both axis are independent of each other. This is my belief.
- "Anita [Sarkeesian] has no credibility." - Sargon of Akkad
- "At last the Jedi are no more." - Darth Sidious
- "The real world isn't as kind as the one in pop songs!" - Rau Le Creuset
Stuff I Wrote:
Before anything else, read this: Writing fanfiction is something I do as a hobby, something I receive no real compensation for outside of the internet, but I do it anyway because I want to. Even then, for me personally, it takes time, effort and planning to publish even the simplest of the fics given below, because I hold myself to a certain self-imposed, self-regulated standard of quality (and yes, for the record, some of the fics below ARE slated for either revisions or deletion sometime in the future, by my keystrokes). Knowing that, I ask that you not send me short little messages inquiring as to whether or not I’m interested in writing a ‘challenge’ fic, or if you can make a request for a fic. If you have done this before and I didn’t answer, it’s because I outright deleted the message from my inbox.
tl;dr: I don't take requests, and I'm not interested in creating a 'challenge' fic or putting my works in a competition of sorts. Inquiries asking me to do so will be met with nothing in the best case (I deleted the message) or ire in the form of an angry reply, if you catch me in a bad mood.
- Thoughts of the Princess - Gundam Seed Destiny - Likely to revised
Oneshot. Rated T. Around 2,700 words. Only major character is Cagalli. When news of ORB's victory reaches the Princess, she decides that it's time to contemplate both the future and the past alone in her room. Looking at the ring, she thinks about her relationship with Athrun.
- We Have No Future Together - Gundam Seed Destiny - Fate tied to above fic
Oneshot. Rated T. Around 3,600 words. Sequel to Thoughts of the Princess. Cagalli confronts Athrun.
- Gundam Seed: Humanity's Fate - Gundam Seed Destiny - Undergoing revisions
Phases 1-30 Rated T. Approx. 220,000/growing words including author's notes. Rewrite of Gundam Seed Destiny. Basic, spoiler-free information: There is no Meer, and Mwu La Flaga is dead. The pairings used in this story are nonstandard, meaning no AxC, KxL or SxL. Plot is shifted directly on the development of the protagonist Shinn, with some emphasis on Kira and Cagalli, and slightly less on Stella. To some extents it follows the original plot of GSD but diverges greatly in some areas, specifically when it comes to the paths each character takes.
- Gundam Seed: Humanity's Fate: Power of ORB - Gundam Seed Destiny - Slated for future revisions
Phases 31-50 (21 chapters) Rated T. Approx. 330,000 words. First of two halves that form the last twenty or so phases of Gundam Seed: Humanity's Fate. This is considered the 'light plot'. By light plot I mean when you compare it to the other half, this one has less brutal suffering and destruction. Official pairings for this half are ShinnxCagalli and KiraxStella.
- Gundam Seed: Humanity's Fate: Consequentialism - Gundam Seed Destiny - Slated for future revisions
Phases 31-52 (24 chapters, including introductory A/N and Epilogue) Rated T. Approx. 340,000 words. The other half of the Gundam Seed: Humanity's Fate. Considered the 'dark plot', including mass destruction, violent deaths, bloody revenge, twisted senses of morality and truths about the past. Pairing will be ShinnxStella
- The Christmas Shinn Will Never Forget - Gundam Seed Destiny - Likely to remain unchanged
Oneshot. Rated T. Around 8,500 words. Shinn goes with Kira, Athrun, and the rest of the girls to Cagalli's Mansion on Christmas Eve to have a private party, an activity that he'd rather not take part in. However, he soon finds that things do change for the better.
- Battle to End All Battles - Gundam Seed Destiny - Likely to be revised
5 chapters. Rated T. Around 33,000 words. A rewrite of the GSD final battle by your's truly. If you like what I like, you'll likely like this fic!
- Valentine's Day Understanding - Gundam Seed Destiny - Likely to remain unchanged
Oneshot. Rated T. Around 5,200 words. Shinn is given a choice between two assignments around Valentine's Day. One of them is something he doesn't want to do and the other is a secret. Picking the one shrowded in mystery he finds himself spending a day in the Den of the Lioness.
- Price of Paradise - Gundam Seed Destiny - Likely to be deleted
Oneshot. Rated T. Around 7,500 words. An explanation for the behaviours exhibiited by Kira Yamato and Cagalli Yula Attha in GSD. KxC
- Thunder and Lightning - Gundam Seed Destiny - \_(ツ)_/
Rated M. ShinnxCagalli pairing. 4,500 words approx. Author's crack OTP partake in the joys of marriage. Takes place two months before Logos' Last Stand.
- Gundam Seed: Logos' Last Stand - Gundam Seed Destiny - Slated for future revisions
Rated T. Follow-up movie fic to Gundam Seed: Humanity's Fate: Power of ORB
Stuff I've Watched:
Format: Anime - Fav CharactersInuyasha - Inuyasha, Kikyo, Sesshomaru, Kagura Gundam SEED/Destiny - Not the naive idealist pop celeb mary sue and a certain two-faced hypocritical know-it-all Fullmetal Alchemist - EVERYONE THEY'RE ALL BADASSES! FMA: Brotherhood - SEE ABOVE! Mobile Suit Gundam - SEE ABOVE! Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - SEE ABOVE (Except Jarod) Mobile Suit Double Zeta Gundam - Judau, his sister, anyone in MSG/Zeta (except Haman's portrayal...), and Elpeo Ple Char's Counter Attack - Amuro, Amuro's Waifu, Char, Char's Waifu, Bright Noa Code Geass - See FMA/FMA: B. Except some of Lelouch's schoolmates, didn't care for them. G Gundam - Everyone whose name ends in 'Kasshu', Master
Super Asia, Won Yun Fa, Domon's Pals, Allenby Beardsley Death Note - My favourite characters in this animated refutation of White-Knightism/Clynism would be Light and L. Gundam Wing - All pilots except Wufei, Releana (>> Lacus Clyne), Zechs, Dorothy, Lady Une, Treize SD Gundam Force - Case of semi-good characters carrying a sub-par plot Gundam Unicorn (Episode 7 was slightly disappointing) - SEE that section. Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory - SEE that section. Gundam UC 8th MS Team - ...you get the picture now? UC Gundam > Else ( Mostly) Knights of Sidonia - Nagate Tanikaze, Captain Kobayashi, Tsumugi, Izana Shinatose (Not after the second season of the anime), Ichirou Seii, Norio Kunato, Hiroki Saitou, Samari, Yuhata Midorikawa, Benisuzume, Ochiai Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) - See FMA list. Also Ereannie OTP, and Levi >> Kirito, you heard me. Gundam 00 - Case of "I can't truly like the characters when in the end they're all for peddling a plot that blows its load on trying to prove an idiotic universal statement." 00 Universe, meet the Borg from Star Trek. Borg from Star Trek, assimilate. Also SetsunaxMarina OTP. Gundam Reconguista in G - I'll get back to that... soon. Gundam Build Fighters (Original and Try) - How about I list the characters I don't like. In which case, Nils Nielson, Lucas Nemesis Cross Ange - Everyone, except Salia, because she's a femthrun. If you are old enough to watch this wonderful anime and SOMEHOW do not like it, even slightly, then please leave this profile page, you puerile, puritan, regressive SJW. Sword Art Online - Nobody, except Heathcliff, because YOLO. If you are old enough to watch this horrendous anime and SOMEHOW like it, even slightly, then please leave this profile page, you creepy, tasteless, unsophisticated weeb. Saint Seiya (Original 80's Anime) - Favorite Bronze Saint: Andromeda Shun because he is the most unique of the five; Favorite Silver Saint: Ophiuchus Shaina because THUNDER CLAW!!!!; Favorite Gold Saint: Aquarius Camus for obvious reasons; Favorite 'God Warrior': Megrez Delta Alberich due to ambition; Favorite Marinas General: Siren Sorrento, he was interesting. Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal - Listen, I grew up in the 90's in NA, so I watched the censored-to-laughable-degrees DC version of this show when I was a kid. While, from what I remember, I didn't like how it took 20 episodes of filler for anything to get done, I don't see why people like the Manga that much more, especially if the new anime was supposed to be ultra faithful to it. Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans - I like Mikazuchi, who is a Grade-A sociopath, I like Orga, who is an awesome example of moral greyness, and I really like Kudelia, who is Lacus Clyne done right. TO GREAT REGRET, I must say that this series is being needlessly weighed down and its character development on a whole stifled for the sake of propping up a shitty character (almost sounds familiar... like a certain blue haired pilot...) who is both boring, uninteresting and nothing more than an annoyance. That character is Atra Mixta, and I hope you try and pose as Kudelia again and get shot this time. Gundam AGE - Flit Asuno, Asemu Asuno, Arisa Gunhale, Captain Grodek, Woolfe, Seric Abis, Natola Einus, Zanald, Yurin, Desil Galette, Vargas, Don Boyage.
Since I watch a lot of gundam, I've ordered them all in a list from best to worst.
Zeta>CCA>MSG>>>G>=Unicorn>0083>>8th MS Team>Cross Ange (Kappa)>00 S1=GBF S1=G Rec=AGE=SEED>=GBF S2>IBO S1>00 S2>>Wing>>>>>>>>>ZZ>SD>Destiny
A debate between Gihren Zabi and Lacus Clyne would result in the latter being floated for stupidity. She'd also be crying her eyes out in the process.
Stuff That Might Confuse You:
If you’ve read my profile this far, in order, or even touched upon my fanfics, you may be asking the question as to why I write fanfiction about the Cosmic Era, given that I do not tow the generally accepted “party lines” with regards to how that anime is seen. It seems that I have an unusual taste in some of the characters I like, while at the same time, I hate (yes, not dislike, hate) certain characters when most fans consider it impossible to find a valid reason to. Last but certainly not least, the pairings I ship are not canonical in any way, and can be considered outright crack. So with that in mind, why post to FF? Why write stories for this fandom? Good question! Let me tell you the tale of this webpage:
Many a year ago, when I initially created this account, I spent some time thinking up several long and convoluted explanations answering those very same questions. I ship this pairing because reason X. I hate this character due to reason Y. This is my list of the top pilots in the Cosmic Era and here’s why! At the same time, anyone whose been around me, whether on the internet or IRL knows that I can have a vulgar personality that comes off as deeply abrasive more times than it should. Said personality was reflected in my profile page, and I was proud of it. At the time, I thought it correct, but being a human being and understanding how flexible right and wrong are, especially as you age, I eventually turned a sour eye towards my past words. So with that in mind, I haven’t caved and accepted the status quo with regards to the CE, and as far as I’m concerned, the remaster, for what a cash grab it was, only made things worse (the eyesore of a thumbnail Sunrise used for the 49th episode of the remaster is utter proof of this IMO). I’ve still got my unique perspective on this gundam universe (and if you want to know about it, PM me and I might indulge you, but don’t ask in a review, because simply put, that
pisses me off irritates me), and although it may not sound like it at times, I believe you’re allowed your own opinion too, however quirky it may be. However, if you agree with the fundamental meaning backing the statement below…
“X is one of my favourite anime villains because there are people out there who actually believe that they are a good guy.”
Where X stands for morally grey character who may or may not end up becoming a villain by the end of the show. E.g. Gilbert Durandal from Gundam Seed Destiny, Light from Death Note, Lelouch/Schneizel/Charles from Code Geass, or Captain Kobayashi/Ochiai from Sidonia No Kishi.
…then I suggest you leave my profile page, and I suggest you never read my works, because you simply won’t find what you’re looking for or truly believe in. If you’re confused as to what I’m talking about, ask me, and I will tell you.
What I won’t do is change my perspective because it offends your deeply held, likely early instilled perspective of the world. I already learned why the statement "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." is valid, a few years ago, on this site no less.
Stuff I've Built:
This is the last section as it is the most light-hearted. Simply put, I've built a small (compared to the likes of Prime92 and Jabman025) collection of gunpla over the years, and given how I primarily write gundam fanfiction, it would be fitting to link it.
Terminology: TBB = To be built. TT Hongli was a Chinese ripoff company that built knockoff gunpla models (until Bandai sued them to non-existence from what I understand). While the quality was not equal, sometimes it was good enough" and sometimes the price difference justified picking TT Hongli. For the models I picked, it was both cases. Anyway, for each model I'll state the name, a rating from 1-10 (below 5 means I regret the purchase, above 8 means I'm very happy with it), then the best part of the model IMO, and then finish with the worst aspect... IMO again.
- 1/100 No Grade TT Hongli Akatsuki Fullset - 7/10, cost efficiency, weak armor pieces
- 1/100 Master Grade TT Hongli Strike Freedom Full Burst Mode - 5.5/10, good decals, shitty inner frame plastic quality/engineering (eventually broke it due to frustration)
- 1/1700 Ex-line Archangel - 7.5/10, all parts molded in white, a lot of painting.
- 1/100 Master Grade Destiny Extreme Blast Mode - 8/10, godly grip on the sword, some wing and waist pieces broke and needed to be glued.
- 1/1700 Ex-line Minerva - 8/10, lightweight/easy to handle, molded in grey/red (sometimes in wrong places)
- 1/100 Master Grade Strike Rouge - 7.5/10, its a Strike Model, its good build quality, just fuck its decals
- 1/100 Master Grade Sazabi - 3/10, fun build, an utter brick that can't move a lot. Don't buy unless you get a bargin, the Ver. Ka OBLITERATES it, as expected.
- 1/100 Master Grade Strike Noir - 9.5/10, everything works without hassle, as a Strike, it didn't age well.
- 1/100 Master Grade Blitz - 7.5/10, Easy to pose standing, one third of the claw broke and those fucking pinstripe decals...
- 1/100 Master Grade Duel Assault Shroud - 8.5/10, dat customization, dat front skirt armor armor...
- 1/100 Master Grade Hi-Nu Gundam - 9.5/10, smooth construction and decal application, straws for funnels should be burnt.
- 1/100 Master Grade Force Impulse - 9.75/10, one-hands the Excalibur and can be used with Strike packs, getting it to initially hold the weapons can be a bit tricky, but easier than most of them.
- 1/100 Master Grade Char's Zaku II ver. 2.0 - 6/10, mostly solid, bad decals, some parts fell away to never be found and the springs/wires... just no.
- 1/100 Master Grade RX-78-2 Gundam ver. 2.0 - 8/10, does what I want it to and then some, tricky construction which can catch you off guard.
- 1/100 Master Grade Strike Gundam I.W.S.P. - 8.5/10, all dem decals, weight issues with the shield on a stand
- 1/100 Master Grade Char's Gelgoog 2.0 - 6.5/10, decent possability in spite of design, getting it into said pose is a hassle.
- 1/100 Master Grade Zeta Gundam ver 2.0 - 9/10, mega beam launcher one-handed, transformation by far.
- 1/100 Master Grade Unicorn Gundam OVA ver. - 7/10, transformation, transformation
- 1/100 Master Grade Nu Gundam Ver. Ka - 8.75/10, looks gorgeous, hands can't hold rifle straight...
- 1/100 No Grade Providence Gundam - 7.5/10, does what its supposed to, nothing more and nothing less.
- 1/100 Master Grade 00 Qan[T] - 6.5/10, ease of construction, because of stupid gimmick that never was, it easily falls apart.
- 1/100 Master Grade Freedom Gundam - 9/10, all around just awesome, except sometimes the wings can fall apart partially.
- 1/100 Master Grade 00 Raiser - 9/10, options and is flashy, posing with 0 Raiser attached is tricky, even on a stand.
- 1/100 Master Grade Sinanju OVA Ver. - 8.5/10, intimidating and fun to build, posing is a fucking nightmare because the hands are designed for the bazooka and can't hold the rifle for shit! Also, just throw the golden waterslide decals out, they don't work, period.
- 1/100 Master Grade Strike Freedom - 8.25/10, is a rock when properly set in a pose, wings can be tricky to set up.
- 1/100 Master Grade Sinanju Stein Ver. Ka 8.25/10, very stiff and therefore good at posing, even with its High Beam Rifle, however it is a clear cashgrab.
- 1/100 Master Grade Unicorn 03 Phenix TBB
T.I.P. Eduard Khil. You will forever be missed.
R.I.P(iss). Steve Jobs. May Bill Gates, Linus Torvalds and Gene Roddenberry be remembered long after your name has faded to nothing more than a dim memory.
I am no feminist. If you would like to know why, ask Gregory Alan Elliott and Tim Hunt.
R.I.P (for real) Leonard Nimoy, thanks for the parting message.
Je suis Charlie