Author has written 11 stories for Death Note, Mighty Boosh, Sherlock, and Avengers.
Me: I'm Adurna. I am female and British. I'm always up for a chat, so feel free to PM me.
Interests: I love reading and writing. I play video games as well, but I'll get onto what ones I like in a bit. Erm... I enjoy role playing?
Books: Harry Potter, Twilight, The Wolves of Mercy Falls, The Morganville Vampires, The House of Night, The Vampire Diaries, His Dark Materials, The Inheritance Cycle, the Raised By Wolves series...
Films/TV/Cartoons: Harry Potter, Twilight, The Golden Compass (it's alright), My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Only the FiM series though. The Mighty Boosh and Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy, too. The Vampire Diaries, Sherlock, Xiaolin Showdown, Doctor Who, Avengers, Supernatural, Third Star.
Music: My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Mindless Self Indulgence, Biffy Clyro, Muse, Paramore, Three Days Grace, Maximum the Hormone, Nightmare.
Video games: Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Sims, Professor Layton.
Manga/Anime: Death Note, Soul Eater, Hetalia, PlusAnima (FF.net won't let me have the symbol for plus), Pandora Hearts
Fanfictions I've co-written:
A Wild Goose Chase - honeyyoushouldseemeinacrown666 - Sherlock
I'm now on archiveofourown! You can find me under AdurnaSkulblaka.
PLEASE READ (WRITTEN ON THE 3RD OF SEPTEMBER 2013):
I am no longer actively using this account. As a result, any fanfictions in process are discontinued indefinitely. I don't know if I'll ever pick them up again. I am, however, using my AO3 account. I don't know if I'll ever pick up the Cross My Heart series again. Cause For Paws is something that I might revisit, rewrite, and repost on my AO3 account; I can't be certain yet. Right now, however, I'm dedicating my fanfiction efforts to something entirely new for me.
I apologise for keeping anyone hanging. I won't be taking down my account or my fics, so they are still available to read if you wish. Just be warned that if you read any of the unfinished ones, they're likely to stay that way. You are, of course, free to check my AO3 account if you wish. The works I liked best out of this (and some new ones!) are on there.
Death Note - Mello - Mello's reason for being so competitive lies in his childhood. His father never thought he was good enough, and every time he got something wrong or something wasn't up to 100%, he would either burn or cut the back of Mello's arm, leaving him with many scars, both physical and emotional. His mother cared for him, but she didn't do anything to stop Mello's father. This led to Mello being bitter and angry, and he secretly can't help still fearing being anything below first for this reason. He's worried it will happen again, even though he knows it's not possible.
Sherlock - John - After Sherlock's fall, John went through a period of time where he doubted his own skills as a doctor. For a while he felt that Sherlock's 'death' was his fault and it hurt to realise that he couldn't help him.
Status Of My Fanfics:
The Mighty Boosh:
Cross My Heart: Complete.
Hope To Die: In progress.
See You Soon: Complete.
He's My Roommate?: Complete.
Friend? Possibly: Complete.
Cause For Paws: In progress.
Flock Together: Complete.
Just A Look: Complete.
Notes About My Fanfics:
Cross My Heart Series: There will be four fics in total. Cross My Heart is the first, Hope To Die is the second.
He's My Roommate?: I may write a second fic for this in the future.
See You Soon: I guess this could be after He's My Roommate?, but it depends on how you want to look at things. As I said, I might write a sequel for He's My Roommate? so... Yeah. If you want to see it as a sequel to He's My Roommate? be prepared for a little bit of angst.
Flock Together: A one-shot winglock AU fic. I wanted something to work on aside from my fics in progress now, and this thought came up.
The 27 Commandments of Fanfiction
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given you a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it.
2. Thou shalt not post a chapter of less than 100 words, unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
3. Thou shalt not put author's notes in the middle of the story.
4. Thou shalt NEVER use text-speak in a fic, unless the characters are actually texting.
5. Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6. Apply the above number 5 to POVs as well.
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8. Thou shalt not use , ;, or >:( in a fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character.
9. Thou shall try-eth to keep characters in character!
10. Thou shall not treat every criticism as a flame.
11. The author's note is not a spot for your personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12. Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shall not insert thyself into the story line as thyself or as a character- yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic, we just don’t want to read about how you end up with the main character.
15. If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original story line, point it out in the beginning.
16. Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change (a good reason).
17. Thou shalt show and not tell.
18. Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in-est thine summary. This annoys thine readers.
19. Thou shalt not write the same way thou speak-est- writing is an art.
20. Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly. Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise.
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody or b) find a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise thine readers shalt be confuse-ed.
23. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. THIS INFURIATES BOTH THINE READER AND THE FANFICTION GODS. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason.
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on, it displeases the masses and causes thy readers to lose their vision and make angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before you writeth the fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts from the story.
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary "summary inside". This shows lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shall use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.