Author has written 9 stories for Star Fox, and Naruto.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Do you like my writing? Do you hate being completely in the dark about when my stories will update? Do you want an answer to a story-related question? Do you want to yell at me because you think I'm taking too long to update? If the answer to any of those questions is yes, then follow my official Twitter account, @StoriesByNoms
There, I'll keep you guys updated on my story progress, complete with word counts, and I'll answer almost any question that isn't R-rated or causes me to reveal a spoiler. Hope to see you there!
Shots in the Dark playlist available here.
Eye color: Blue-green
People alienated: (overflow error. Emergency shutdown initiated.)
If you'd like to see more of my brain's crazy ideas, look below. 'Nuff said.
Rainbow's Writing Tips:
1. Write something every day. Work on a new chapter, write a one-shot, it doesn't really matter. Write 50 words, or 1,500 words, it doesn't really matter. Just keep writing. It puts your brain on track and keeps the ideas flowing.
2. Let yourself get distracted. Kind of contradicts the previous point, but hear me out. If you visit, say, Facebook, read an updated story on FanFiction, or just look up ragecomics, sometimes these places have inspiration hidden inside of them. Also, it helps keep you out of a serious state of mind, which leads directly into number 3...
3. Have fun. Writing is supposed to be fun. If you worry too much about mistakes, other people's opinions, or your sex life, or whatever, it blocks your creativity. If you're having fun, not only will your writing be better, but the enthusiasm will also show through. Especially in humor stories. :D
4. Exercise. Weird, right? You're probably at a computer, not in a gym. If you have some open space next to your desk (and a high enough ceiling), though, get up and use it. Run in place, do push-ups, or jumping jacks (my personal favorite). It helps keep your blood flowing, and good circulation = good ideas.
5. Use a cloud service. I figure most of you aren't shut-ins who live in your mom's basement, so you're not always going to be at home. Ideas never take a rest, so neither should your writing. If you get an idea, don't be afraid to implement it into your story on your iDevice, or Android, or even your work computer. Or, if you don't have the previous three...
6. Keep a notebook around. As long as you write it down somewhere, you're doing things right. Just remember to pull it out again and use it.
7. Eat, eat, eat! You can't think straight if you're hungry. Have a snack or something. Just don't get Dorito crumbs in between the keys on your keyboard.
More to come as I think of them!
Current Story Projects:
Shots in the Dark: This is my main project, this is and will be what most of my writing time is spent on. The first seven or eight chapters have been outlined, and I have a clear path to the end, but due to other limitations beyond my control (school and work), updates might be slow. Have faith yet, though; this won't die unless I do. (UPDATE: As of 11/12/2013, 10,000 views! AMAZING!)
The Last Experiment: This is a bit of a new idea that I've been batting around in the skull area for a while now. My philosophy with this is simply going to be "post it and see what happens." Hopefully, it sticks like Equals, but if it flops like Not Always So Perfect, so be it.
Tales of a Coexistence: This will be a collection of short stories designed to keep my humor side happy. Shots in the Dark is a great story, but there are a lot less humor opportunities in it. It is also a side project, mostly to be worked on while I wait for my new Shots chapter to be beta-read. As a result, Tales may suffer from sporadic updating. But, if you need something to make you smile, this is your story.
Crazy is when you have a voice in your head that you named Pedro, even though he clearly isn't spanish and you just do that to annoy him. (It depends on my mood,like it could be GLaDOS if I'm mad.)
Crazy is when you're so obsessed with eating your Jell-O (and you forgot to put a spoon in your lunch box) that you try drinking your Jell-O through a straw and using straw chopsticks because straws were the only untensil-type thing available.
Crazy is when you start dancing in Wal-Mart to its cheesy music.
Crazy is when you laugh uncontrollably at your own jokes.
Crazy is when you stare at a pencil and laugh when someone asks you what is so interesting about the eraser.
Crazy is when you have an hour-long sob fest, and then start singing and dancing when your favorite song comes on.
Crazy is when you do or say a completely random thing, like "Do you ever wonder where the eraser bits go?" or having a thumbwar with yourself.
Crazy is when you type up all your favorite sayings, print them off and tape them to your wall, just for something to do.
Crazy is when you laugh when nothing's funny.
Crazy is when you crack up if someone says "Oatmeal!".
Crazy is when you forget what you're saying in the middle of a sentence.
Crazy is when you take the time to write down stuff like this and memorize it.
Crazy is when you are going through this as a checklist.
Crazy is when you quote Charlie the Unicorn at random moments.
Crazy is when you eat twenty pixie sticks in one day.
Crazy is when you're crazy.
Crazy is when you convince your friends you're 'high' because you can't stop laughing even when nothing is funny. And then all of you convince the nearest adult that you're having a breakdown.
Crazy is when you trip up the stairs, and laugh all the way back down them.
Crazy is when it is last day of school you scream and run around in circles.
Crazy is when you can call yourself something else, and completely become that person, forgetting your reason for hating the world,
Crazy is when you laugh at nothing during school and laugh when everyone looks at you like your insane.
Crazy is when you trip over nothing at all, fall, and say "I see the ground...it's pretty".
Crazy is when you are asked to get someone's phone from the other room, and you go and grab it ethically, then crack up and spit out your Oreos halfway through.
Crazy is when you hit your head on an object, then start yelling and swearing revenge.
Crazy is when you mix five boxful of Jello Pudding Mix with Dish Soap and Green food coloring in a jar,pour it on the side-walk,and say it's "alien bloooood".
Crazy is when you make up stupid texts and faces just for pleasure.
Crazy is when your laughing so hard that you inhale a whole packet of fun dip (ohhhhhhh how much it burns)
Crazy is when you want to wear fake furry ears and a tail to an anthro planet just to see how everyone reacts
If you're crazy, copy this onto your profile and add something crazy you've done to the list!