Author has written 1 story for Harry Potter.
Hi. I'm pursuing a masters in English literature and drowning in work.
I am quite proud of my favorites collection, since I'm picky about what I favorite. My current ongoing story- which only adds to the numerous little Harry stories already online- only gets updated when a reviewer pushes me to do so since every couple of chapters I live through the insecurity that it has all been done before. But if you are one of those faithful people who have followed it, I'd like to say thank you for reading it and joining my bandwagon.
I'm also on fictionpress
I have written a short story about the terrorist situation in Pakistan to spread awareness about the local culture and the reasons behind terrorism.
Check it out at http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3048621/1/Road_to_Paradise
I chose the pen name of hassle castle in tribute to the witty word play in the serial 'castle' and in memory of Buttons Duttons .
1) Kristine Cashore- Fire - Beautiful standalone. Fire is the breathtakingly beautiful daughter of a highly reviled and murderous official. When her father dies, sweet tempered Fire must survive in a kingdom where her father's actions cause her to be reviled yet lusted after by men for her beauty.
2) The Ring of solomon- Jonathan stroud- (Its hilarious and its a stand alone. Main character is Bartimaus - a genie who has to serve in King solomon’s court. Plot based on an assassination attempt on the king)
- The Bartimaus trilogy also by Stroud.
3) Richelle Mead - Dark Swan series ( It is interesting, but quite editable bcz its adult fiction. However it as fast and as snappy as vampire academy. Based on a 26 year old very modern shaman ( with a big mouth and dry humour- told in the 1st person) who discovers the other world and is pulled in to its life and politics despite her unwillingness and bias against it. And confused love with 2 guys where she fluctuates btw the 2 in every bk)
4) Maggie Stiefvater- - The scorpio races ( A stand alone fantasy based on horse racing,- sweetly non complicated)
5) Tamora Pierce – Circle of magic series ( which is good- based on 4 children who learn magic at a school in a medieval world where magic is common). The characters continue in the ‘ The circle opens’ and reach adulthood and the stories conclusion in ‘ the will of the empress’.
- The Song of the lioness ( A 4 part series based on how a girl shamming as her twin brother trains for knighthood- medieval world)
- Terrier, Bloodhound, Mastiff ( a 3 part book about a young woman in the police force (in an ancient kingdom where magic is common). She is efficient and clever, belongs to a very poor family, and has no magic)
6) Robin Hobb- The assasin series- all 6 books, though i admit you must be a patient reader.
I fell in love with name of the wind by Rothfuss though i admit that it is probably going to remain incomplete for a long long time.
I love Garth Nix's Abhorsion series , as well as Hobbit and LOTR.