To all of you people out there that think this is too long and you don't want to waste you time reading it, well read it!!!!!!!!!!! You like to read right? So...READ my profile!!!!
Hello random people from fan fiction and welcome to my profile. It contains a bunch of random stuff. It's because I'm one of those people who likes to fill up their profile so it's incredibly long...and stuff. I hope you like it!
Also, I will not be giving out any information that I think is to personal.
I will tell you that I am a girl, my name is very hard to pronounce and that I love to read. I'm not that big on writing and I'm here on this site to practice and become better. I'm also open to any advice/ideas for improvement/constructive criticism you have for me. Just PM me and I'll take your suggestions to heart.
1. My birthday was on Saturday!!!!!!!!
2. I am thinking about publishing my first ever story on Fan Fiction. It will probably, most likely be a Percy Jackson story. Wish me luck!
I'm open to suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!
Things you should know about ME!
1. I am a vegetarian. Yes. It is possible to live with out meat. I have been doing it all my life.
2. I like math...
3. I like all the cool colors.
4. I am from India but I moved to the U.S. when I was two. This is probably why I like math.
5. I have no athletic talent what so ever. I just sit at home like a lazy bum.
6. I don't like going to parties and stuff. It's not that I'm anti social or anything; It's just not one of my favorite things to do. I prefer to hang out in a small group consisting of my closest friends.
7. Sometimes, I think of myself as a hypocrite.
8. I was devastated when an owl didn't come to my house and drop off a letter saying that I had been accepted into Hogwarts on my 11th birthday.
9. Sometimes I wish a monster would attack me so a satyr could save me and take me to Camp Half-blood.
10. I read a lot. Mostly, I read books that don't have a sequel or anything. An example would be Charlotte's Web (hated that story. We had to read it in elementary school). But I will read series if I can get my hands on a good novel! Any one can PM me if they have a suggestion on a good series or something like that!!!
11. My birthday is on June 30.
12. I am 14 years old.
13. No, I don't have an Indian accent, but I can fake a really good one.
14. I am a Hindu and proud!!!!
15. I like talking in a fake British accent.
1. Hunger Games (who doesn't want to read about love triangles, fight to the death games and a girl experiencing emotional trauma.)
2.Harry Potter!!!! (It's a school in Europe where everybody has cool accents and amazing powers. Who doesn't love that? Even though I may fall in love with other series, HP will always have a special place in my heart. )
3. Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus (comedy, action, amazing plot lines, romance...what's not to like?)
4. Kane Chronicles (Children being trained in ancient Egyptian mythology and magic and using their knowledge to defeat evil snakes and revive old, wrinkly, sun gods. Sign me up!)
5. Ink heart (where you can make characters come to life when you read out loud and live inside a book. Sounds to good to be true)
Ships/Pairings I support
1. Percy/Annabeth (Who doesn't)
2. Harry/Ginny (Everyone does at one point)
3. Harry/Hermione (I honestly don't know why. I mean who would Ron be without Hermione)
4. Hermione/Ron (Look at the explanation for #3)
5. Percy/Thalia (Opposites attract :P)
6. Katniss/Gale (Because I think Gale deserves to have at least one chance to be with Katniss)
7. Katniss/Peeta (Because both of them do love each other and are obviously soul mates. You're blind if you can't see that.)
8. Sadie/Walt (He's so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
9. Sadie/Anubis (Anubis is sweet too. I can't decide which one is better D: )
10. Captain America/Thor (Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe)
11. Captain America/Iron Man (Hehehehehehehehehehehe)
12. Carter/Zia (They're perfect!!!!!)
Ships/Pairings I don't get at all and think are stupid
1. Nico/Percy (What the heck?????)
2. Hermione/Draco (Seriously guys? Come on!)
3. Nico/Thalia (Just...no.)
4. Percy/Bianca ( They barley knew each other.)
5. Percy/Rachel (Are you stupid?)
6. Harry/Draco (Why?)
Me ranting about my Opinion on Random Things you don't care about
1. I believe that people in the world are getting stupider. We all dream of having cars that can fly, hovercrafts, and a cure for cancer in the future. How can we accomplish all that if we have no one smart enough to discover/invent these things anymore? We need to stop doing drugs and getting pregnant/getting someone pregnant and study because if we don't get smarter, we will turn into cave men...again!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Have you noticed that every time you get a birthday card, it's the same thing written all over again? "Happy _ Birthday! You're so awesome and I love you and blah blah blah." I think we need to change it up a bit.
(I'm not good at politics so if someone wants to explain why this next thing wouldn't help the economy, feel free to do it.)
3. People aren't buying stuff because the prices are high. Why don't they just lower the prices so people spend more money. Then, they'll have a prosperous economy once more. I'll admit it sounds stupid in words, but give me a break! I'm only a 14 year old girl!
4. Hipsters are cool. 'Nuff said. But apparently everyone thinks that now and they're all trying to become hipster. Because of this, being hipster is now mainstream. So if you want to be hipster, wouldn't you technically have to be mainstream?
That's all for now!
PERCY JACKSON PLEDGE:
I PROMISE TO REMEMBER PERCY
WHEN I'M AT SEA
I PROMISE TO REMEMBER ANNABETH
WHENEVER A SPIDER COMES AT ME
I PROMISE TO PROTECT NATURE
FOR GROVER'S SAKE OF COURSE
I PROMISE TO REMEMBER LUKE
WHEN MY HEART FILLS WITH REMORSE
I PROMISE TO REMEMBER CHIRON
WHEN I SEE A SIGN THAT SAYS 'FREE PONY RIDE'
I PROMISE TO REMEMBER TYSON
WHENEVER A FRIEND STICKS BY MY SIDE
I PROMISE TO REMEMBER THALIA
WHENEVER A FRIEND IS AFRAID OF HEIGHTS
I PROMISE TO REMEMBER CLARISSE
WHENEVER I SEE SOMEONE WHO GIVES ME A FRIGHT
I PROMISE TO REMEMBER BIANCA
WHEN I SEE A SISTER SCOLD HER YOUNGER BROTHER
I PROMISE TO REMEMBER NICO
WHENEVER I SEE SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T GET ALONG WITH OTHERS
I PROMISE TO REMEMBER ZOE
WHEN I LOOK UP AT THE STARS
I PROMISE TO REMEMBER RACHEL
WHENEVER A LIMO PASSES MY CAR
THE END- LOl
FUNNY THINGS THAT RANDOM PEOPLE THOUGHT, SAID, OR DID
1. If a guy likes you for your breast, legs and thighs only. Send him to KFC. You're a lady, not a cheap value meal.
2. I want to die like my grandmother died- asleep and at peace...not screaming like the passengers in her car.
3. The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
4. Worst excuse for not turning in homework: I couldn't find anyone to copy it from.
5. When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room.
6. People say "Guns don't kill people! People kill people!" Well, I think guns help. If you just stood there and yelled out "BANG!" I don't think you'd kill too many people.
7. What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere? 'Hold my purse.'
8. Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
9. The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
10. Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
11. My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.
12. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
13. If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea... does that mean that one enjoys it?
14. How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
15. Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?
16. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
17. I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it...so I said "Implants?"
18. It's not the fall that kills you; it's the sudden stop at the end.
19. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
20. I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.
21. I like work. It fascinates me. I sit and look at it for hours.
22. Never hit a man with glasses. Hit him with a baseball bat.
23. You are such a good friend that if we were on a sinking ship together and there was only one life jacket... I'd miss you heaps and think of you often.
24. I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."
25. I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
26. Keep the dream alive: Hit the snooze button.
27. You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they're going.
28.Children in the dark make accidents, but accidents in the dark make children.
29. You know, they got a luggage store in the airport? A place to buy a piece of luggage? How late do you have to be for a flight where you're like, 'Fuck it - just grab a pile of shit. We'll get a bag at the airport'.
30. Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
31. If you can stay calm while all around you is chaos, then you probably haven't completely understood the situation.
32. If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you'll have trouble putting on your pants.
33. Why is it so hard for women to find men that are sensitive, caring, and good-looking? Because those men already have boyfriends.
34. Dear math I don't want to solve your problems I have my own to solve."
35. "Some people need a high five... in the face... with a chair."
36. "It's a beautiful day, now watch some idiot screw it up."
37. "Algebra I'm not going to find your X she's not coming back!"
38. If you've ever tripped over air, copy and paste this onto your profile.(that takes skill)
39. If you have ever tripped UP the stairs, copy and paste this onto your profile.
40. If you like filling your profile with 'copy this into your profile' things, then COPY THIS INTO YOUR PROFILE!
41. If you have ever laughed at something that you wouldn't normally laugh at because it was really late at night, copy this into your profile
42. If you've ever copied and pasted something onto your profile, copy and paste this onto your profile. Oh the irony...
43. 92% of American teenagers today would die if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore. If you're part of the 8% that would be laughing their rears off, put this in your profile.
44. 95 of people would go nuts if Edward Cullen jumped off a building. 5 would yell JUMP. If you are the 1 that would push him, copy this and paste it and put it on your profile
45. 95% of teens would be crying if Justin Bieber was on a 100 ft tall building about to jump. If you are some of the 5% who brought popcorn and friends, copy and paste this into your profile
46. 98% of teens would be screaming and crying if the Jonas Brothers were on the top of the Empire State Building, preparing to jump. If you're one of the 2% who would bring 3-D glasses, popcorn, and gather all of your friends to start chanting "JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!", copy this into your profile.
47. Ninety-five percent of teenagers are concerned about being popular. If you are one of the five percent who aren't, copy this, put it in your profile, and add your name to the list: Queen S of Randomness 016, Queen B of Randomness 016, AnimieKittyCaffe, The Gypsy Pirate Queen, That Bloody Demon, The Astrology Nerd, Shadow929, Crazy Billie Joe Loving Freak, Yavie Aelienel, Hyperactively Bored, Spymaster E, Shanny-Boo, Gem W, Brown-eyed angelofmusic, piratesswriter/fairy to be, Bara-Minomoto, Em Quagmire, Buffy The Mary-Sue Slayer, Random Little Writer, Larxene II, Dragons Ark, freakyanimegal456, The Sage of Spirits, Twilight Princess6, Solo384, mythologirl, In The Closet FanFic Reader, TeamStarKidPotter,DarkAngel382, Owlgrl99 ,greekfreek101, thisiscorinth, mememu98
48. If you've ever burst out laughing in a quiet room, add this to your profile.
49. 93 percent of Americans would have a severe emotional breakdown if someone called them a freak. If you're a part of the 7 percent who would ask the person, "What was your first clue?", copy this into your profile
50. If you ever forgotten what you were talking about in a conversation copy and paste this into your profile.
51. If you forgot your phone number when some one asks for it copy this into your profile.
52. If you've ever asked a really stupid, obvious question, copy and paste this onto your profile.
53. Only crazy people can understand the brilliance of crazy things. If you are crazy and proud of it, copy and paste this into your profile!
54. Post this on your profile if you've ever laughed at something completely random that happened like a week ago.
55. If you have ever run into a door or a tree, copy and paste this onto your profile.
56. If you haven't died yet copy and paste this onto your profile.(Aren't we all amazed!?)
57. If you're a person who acts friendly, but has an evil mind and is secretly plotting world domination, copy and paste this on your profile.- i don't know about the friendly part... :)
58. If you've ever pushed on a door marked pull or vice verse, copy and paste this into your profile
59. If you have ever forgotten what you were going to say, right before you say it, copy and paste this into your profile.( It's happened to you. Don't deny it. )
60. If you have ever laughed at something that really wasn't funny, copy and paste this into your profile.(In my defense it was getting awkward)
61. If you think it's stupid that girls are associated with the color pink, copy and paste this into your profile. ( I'm a girl too.)
62. If you have ever tripped over your own feet copy and paste this into your profile.
63. If you're a bookworm and proud of it, copy and paste this into your profile
64. If you have ever ran into a glass door because you thought it was open, copy and paste this to your profile
65. If you realize that copying and pasting things into your profile is pointless, yet you do it anyways, copy and paste this into your profile- tricked ya ;)
66. I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
67. I used up all my sick days...so I called in dead.
68. Real girls aren't perfect, perfect girls aren't real. You want a perfect girl? Go buy a Barbie
69. I smile because I have no idea what's going on!
70. One day, your prince will come. Mine? Oh, he just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions
71. One day, we will look back on this, laugh nervously, and change the subject.
72. Don't knock on death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.
73. Of course I'm out of my mind! It's dark and scary in there!
74. When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
75. If you can't convince them, confuse them.
76. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, if well aimed.
77. What happens if you get scared half to death... twice?
78. Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics.
79. The dinosaurs extinction wasn't an accident. Barney came and they all committed suicide.
80. I run with scissors, it makes me feel dangerous.
81. I had amnesia once--or twice. You know what? I don't really even remember.
82. Life isn't trying to pass me by, it's trying to run me over.
83. Flying is simple: just throw yourself at the ground and miss.
84. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass it's about learning to dance in the rain.
85. Everyday is a gift, that's why its called the present.
86. I have the answer in my head, I just haven't found it yet.
87. Life is not measured in the breaths we take but in the moments that take our breath away
88. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
89. Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon
90. Don't talk unless you can improve the silence
91. I'm a nobody, nobody's perfect, therefore I'm perfect.
92. Stupidity killed the cat. Curiosity got framed
the optimist-"It is half full"
the pessimist-"It is half empty"
awesomest-"I already drank it"
- Edward isn't a Vampire , He lives in the forest , he doesn't eat people ,and he sparkles. He's obviously a Fairy. :)
The white man said, "Colored people are not allowed here." The black man turned around and stood up. He then said: "Listen sir...when I was born I was BLACK, When I grew up I was BLACK, When I'm sick I'm BLACK, When I go in the sun I'm BLACK, When I'm cold I'm BLACK, When I die I'll be BLACK. But you sir, When you're born you're PINK, When you grow up you're WHITE, When you're sick, you're GREEN, When you go in the sun you turn RED, When you're cold you turn BLUE, And when you die you turn PURPLE. And you have the nerve to call me colored?" The black man then sat back down and the white man walked away...
This happened on TAM airlines.
A 50-something year old white woman arrived at her seat and saw that the passenger next to her was a black man.
Visibly furious, she called the air hostess.
"What's the problem, ma?" the hostess asked her
"Can't you see?" the lady said - "I was given a seat next to a black man. I can't seat here next to him. You have to change my seat"
- "Please, calm down, ma" - said the hostess "Unfortunately, all the seats are occupied, but I'm still going to check if we have any."
The hostess left and returned some minutes later.
"Madam, as I told you, there isn't any empty seat in this class- economy class. But I spoke to the captain and he confirmed that there isn't any empty seats in the economy class. We only have seats in the first class."
And before the woman said anything, the hostess continued
"Look, it is unusual for our company to allow a passenger from the economy class change to the first class. However, given the circumstances, the commandant thinks that it would be a scandal to make a passenger travel sat next to an unpleasant person."
And turning to the black man, the hostess said:
"Which means, Sir, if you would be so nice to pack your handbag, we have reserved you a seat in the first class..."
And all the passengers nearby, who were shocked to see the scene started applauding, some standing on their feet."
Try not to Cry
Her name was Auroura
She was only five
This is what happened
When she was alive
Her dad was a drunk
Her mom was an addict
Her parents kept her
Locked in an attic
Her only friend was a little toy bear
It was old and worn out
And had patches of hair
She always talked to it
When no one's around
She lays there and hugs it
Not a peep of sound
Until her parents unlock the door
Some more and more pain
She'll have to endure
A bruise on her leg
A scar on her face
Why would she be
In such a horrible place?
But she grabs her bear
And softly crys
She loves her parents
But they want her to die
She sits in the corner
Quiet but thinking,
"God, why? Why is My life always sinking?"
Such a bad life
For a sad little kid
She'd get beaten and beaten
For anything she did
Then her mom suddenly
Grabbed for a blade
It was sharp and pointy
One that she made
She thrusted the blade
Right in her chest,
You deserve to die You worthless pest!"
The mom walked out
Leaving the girl slowly dying
She grabbed her bear A
nd again started crying
Police showed up
At the small little house
They quickly barged in
Everything was as quiet as a mouse
One officer slowly
Opened a door
To find the sad little girl
Lying on the floor
It must have been bad
To go through so much harm
But at least she died
With her best friend in her arms
If child abuse makes you sick and you think it's horrible and should be stopped, put this poem on your profile.
How do you tell the difference between fake and real friends?
FRIENDS: Call your parents by Mr. and Mrs. and Grandpa, by Grandpa.
BEST FRIENDS: Call your parents DAD and MOM and Grandpa, GRAMPS!
FRIENDS: Lend you their umbrella
BEST FRIENDS: Take yours and say 'RUN BITCH RUN!'
FRIENDS: Asks you to write down your number.
BEST FRIENDS: Has you on speed dial.
FRIENDS: Borrows your stuff for a few days then gives it back
BEST FRIENDS: Loses your crap and tells you, "My bad...here's a tissue."
FRIENDS: You have to tell them not to tell anyone.
BEST FRIENDS: Already know not to tell.
FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Are the reason you have no food.
FAKE FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr/Mrs.
REAL FRIENDS: Call your parents DAD/MOM.
FAKE FRIENDS: Bail you out of jail and tell you what you did was wrong.
REAL FRIENDS: Will sit next to you saying “Dang, that was fun. Let's do it again!"
FAKE FRIENDS: Never seen you cry.
REAL FRIENDS: Kick the butt of whatever made you cry.
FAKE FRIENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.
REAL FRIENDS: Keep your junk so long they forget its yours.
FAKE FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.
REAL FRIENDS: Can write a book about you, with direct quotes from you.
FAKE FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that is what the crowd is doing.
REAL FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds butt that left you.
FAKE FRIENDS: Will knock on your front door.
REAL FRIENDS: Walk right in and say “I’M HOME!”
FAKE FRIENDS: Are for awhile. REAL FRIENDS: Are for life.
FAKE FRIENDS: Will take your drink away when they think you’ve had enough.
REAL FRIENDS: Will look at you stumbling all over the place and say “Come on, drink the rest of that, you know we don’t waste.”
FAKE FRIENDS: Will talk bad to the person who talks bad about you.
REAL FRIENDS: Will kick their butt to heck and out!
FAKE FRIENDS: Say they are too busy to listen to your problems, but when it comes to them they expect you to have all the time in the world.
REAL FRIENDS: Not only kick everything out of their schedule to listen to whats wrong, but help come up with the most vindictive plans to make you feel a whole lot better!
FAKE FRIENDS: Say no when you want to talk to them at odd hours of the night, or even just hang out at odd hours.
REAL FRIENDS: Talk on the phone or come right over and hang out with you, until you either fall asleep, or kick them out.
FRIENDS: Will be there for you when he breaks up with you.
BEST FRIENDS: Will call him up and whisper, "Seven days...
FAKE FRIENDS:WILL COMFORT YOU WHEN HE REJECTS YOU
BEST FRIENDS: Will go up and ask him, "It's because you're gay, isn't it?"
FRIENDS: Helps you up when you fall.
BEST FRIENDS: Keeps on walking saying, "Walk much, dumb butt?"
FRIENDS: Helps you find your prince.
BEST FRIENDS: Kidnaps him and brings him to you.
FAKE FRIENDS: Will ignore this
REAL FRIENDS: Will repost it
THE FOLLOWING MAY SEEM A BIT RANDOM
- Roses are red,
- If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.
- I've been suspended from school for another three days. When my biology teacher asked me what my favourite element was, karate chopping her and saying "Element of Surprise" was wrong.
- If someone says your "ugly", say "well excuse me, but I'm not a mirror"
- three criminals robbed a grocery store and were looking for a place to hide.
FAVORITE CONVERSATIONS...SOME ARE QUOTES FROM BOOKS & OTHERS AREN'T
- Boy:If you feel STRESSED, give yourself a break, eat some cake, ice cream, chocolate or some sweets.
Boy:Can you remember me tomorrow?
You're a stalker with hooves." "I am not! I followed her to the Big House and hid in a bush and watched the whole thing.” ― Rick Riordan, The Titan's Curse
Now, come over here so I can pat you down." "But you don't have-" Percy stopped. "Uh, sure." He stood next to the armless statue. Terminus conducted a rigorous mental pat down. "You seem to be clean," Terminus decided. "Do you have anything to declare?" "Yes," Percy said. "I declare that this is stupid.” ― Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune
“Dude! said a party pony as he unloaded his gear. Did you see that bear guy? He was all like: 'Whoa, I have an arrow in my mouth!” ― Rick Riordan, The Sea of Monsters
“She looked at me, like she was drinking in the fact that I was still here. And I realized I was doing the same thing. The world was collapsing, and the only thing that really mattered to me was that she was alive.” ― Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian
“Percy tried to remember. He really did. For some reason, Annabeth and he had visited a spa and decided to destroy it. He couldn't imagine why. Maybe they hadn't like the deep-tissue massage? Maybe they'd gotten bad manicures?” ― Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune
- Girl: Heyy:)
GIRL: I like you:)
GIRL: What?? you don't like me????
GIRL: wow you are so nice :'(
BOY: why are you crying??
GIRL: You don't like me :'(
BOY: well you never asked if i love you:)
GIRL: well do you?! BOY: Lol no.
With great power, comes the great need to take a nap." -Nico Di Angelo, THE LAST OLYMPIAN
"Let us find the dam snack bar." Zoe said
"The dam snack bar?"
"Yes. What is funny?"
"Nothing." Grover said, trying to keep a straight face. "I could use some dam french fires."
"And I need to use the dam restroom."
"I do not understand"
"I want to use the dam water fountain."
"And. . .I want to buy a dam T-shirt." -Thalia, Zoe, Grover, Percy, THE TITANS CURSE
"Go chase a doughnut." -Percy, THE SEA OF MONSTERS
I'll have a cheeseburger and-AHHH! My friend's on fire! Get me a bucket! -Jason, THE LOST HERO
"See, that's what happens to snow in Texas, lady. It-freaking-melts."--Leo, THE LOST HERO
It's great when you're a celebrity to squids. -Percy, THE DEMIGOD FILES
"It's all right. We just had a family spat."
"Family spat? You turned me into a dandelion!" -Persephone and Nico, THE DEMIGOD FILES
"Look, I'm really sorry about the band room. I hope they didn't kick you out or anything."
"No, no. Rainbows. Very macho." - Leo , THE LOST HERO
Ever had a flying burrito hit you? Well, it's a deadly projectile, right up there with cannonballs and grenades.” Percy, THE TITAN"S CURSE
Love conquers all," Aphrodite promised. "Look at Helen and Paris. Did they let anything come between them?"
"Didn't they start the Trojan War and get thousands of people killed?"
"Pfft. That's not the point. Follow your heart.” - Percy and Aphrodite, THE TITAN'S CURSE
In a way, it's nice to know that there are Greek gods out there, because you have somebody to blame when things go wrong. For instance, when you're walking away from a bus that's just been attacked by monster hags and blown up by lightning, and it's raining on top of everything else, most people might think that's just really bad luck; when you're a half-blood, you understand that some devine force is really trying to mess up your day. - Percy, THE LIGHTNING THIEF
He put his finger to his lips. "I'm incognito. Call me Fred."
The real story of the Fleece: there were these two children of Zeus, Cadmus and Europa, okay? They were about to get offered up as human sacrifices, when they prayed to Zeus to save them. So Zeus sent this magical flying ram with golden wool, which picked them up in Greece and carried them all the way to Colchis in Asia Minor. Well, actually it carried Cadmus. Europa fell off and died along the way, but that's not important."
“It seemed weird calling a teenager 'sir' but I'd learned to be careful with immortals. They tended to get offended easily. Then, they blew stuff up.”- Percy, THE TITAN'S CURSE
“Wow," Thalia muttered. "Apollo is hot."
“Jumping out a window five hundred feet above ground is not usually my idea of fun. Especially when I'm wearing bronze wings and flapping my arms like a duck.” - Percy, THE BATTLE OF THE LABYRINTH
“I nodded, looking at Rachel with respect. "You hit the Lord of the Titans in the eye with a blue plastic hairbrush.”- Percy and Rachel, THE BATTLE OF THE LABYRINTH
“She'd also called me brave...unless she was talking to the catfish.” - Percy, THE LIGHTNING THIEF
“The cafe windows wrapped all the way around the observation floor, which gave us a beautiful panoramic view of the skeleton army that had come to kill us.” -Percy, THE TITAN'S CURSE
“It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.” -Percy, THE LAST OLYMPIAN
He went on asking questions. Did I fight a lot with Thalia, since she was a daughter of Zeus? (I didn't answer that one.) If Annabeth's mother was Athena, the goddess of wisdom, then why didn't Annabeth know better than to fall off a cliff? (I tried not to strangle Nico for asking that one.) Was Annabeth my girlfriend? (At this point, I was ready to stick the kid in a meat-flavored sack and throw him to the wolves.)” - Percy and Nico, THE TITAN'S CURSE
“My brother broke into a toothy grin. "Yay! Your brain works!” -Tyson and Percy, THE LAST OLYMPIAN
“Um...is that thing tame?" Frank said.
“Leo: Rainbows. Very macho.
“Oh no." I said panic rising in my chest. "No, no, no, Somebody get a can opener. I've got a god in my head!!” -Carter, THE RED PYRAMID
“Die, enemies of Ra!" Sekhemet yelled. "Perish in agony!"
“In person, if possible, Anubis was even more drop-dead gorgeous. [Oh . . . ha, ha. I didn't catch the pun, but thank you, Carter. God of the dead, drop-dead gorgeous. Yes, hilarious. Now, may I continue?]” - Sadie and Carter, THE RED PYRAMID
“I guessed his name was Face of Horror. I wondered how long it had taken his mom to think of that. Bob? No. Sam? No. How about Face of Horror?” - Carter, THE RED PYRAMID
“Now the tattoos," Zia announced.
“Tell you what," I said. "After the testing after the Demon Days, when things settle down -"
“You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?” - Carter, THE RED PYRAMID
“Right," Sadie said. "And Set will just stand there calmly while I read him to death.” - Sadie, THE RED PYRAMID
“Carter Kane, 14, died tragically in Paris when he was eaten by his sister’s cat Muffin.”- Carter, THE RED PYAMID
“It’s my birthday, Horus insisted. Wish me happy birthday!
“True, you're the weakest of us all, but you're still one of the five, and there is power in collecting the complete set."
“Once I saw Desjardins’ house, I hated him even more. It was a huge mansion on the other side of the Tuileries, on the rue des Pyramids.
“I’m the god of funerals. I know every death custom in the world—how to die properly, how to prepare the body and soul for the afterlife. I live for death.”
“I held out the painting of the cat and the snake.
“The sign was spray-painted in Arabic and English, probably from some attempt by the farmer to sell his wares in the market. The English read: Dates-best price. Cold Bebsi.
“That sounded about as likely as Apophis and Ra becoming Facebook buddies, but I decided not to say anything.” -Sadie, THE THRONE OF FIRE
“Our camels plodded along. Katrina tried to kiss, or possibly spit on Hindenburg, and Hindenburg farted in response. I found this a depressing commentary on boy-girl relationships.”- Sadie, THE THRONE OF FIRE
“I sat up and the blankets fell away.I looked down and found I was wearing pokemon pajamas.
“Hello Ra," he said in a kindly voice. "It's been a long time."
“There’s my baby!” I cried, quite carried away. “There’s my Poochiekins!”
“I lifted my wand, hoping she would see this as a dramatic move, not a threat. “Why once, in my bunker at Charing Cross Station, I stalked the
“A weapon, I told Horus. I need a weapon.
“How do I defeat Apophis?”
“Stop smiling!” she ordered. “I can see you, Carter. Oh…and, uh, hullo, Walt.”
“All [Sadie’s] previous attempts [of making a shabti (an Egyptian avatar of one’s self)] had exploded or gone haywire, terrorizing Khufu and the initiates. Last week she’d created a magical Thermos with googly eyes that levitated around the room, yelling, “Exterminate! Exterminate!” until it smacked me in the head.” -Carter, THE SERPENT'S SHADOW
“You might not think a hippo could inspire terror. Screaming “Hippo!” doesn’t have the same impact as screaming “Shark!” But I’m telling you—as the Egyptian Queen careened to one side, its paddle wheel lifting completely out of the water, and I saw that monster emerge from the deep, I nearly discovered the hieroglyphs for accident in my pants.” -Carter, THE SERPENT"S SHADOW
“Somewhere behind me, Zia yelled, "Hippo!" Which I thought was a little late. - Zia and Carter, THE SERPENT'S SHADOW
“She was so warm, her drenched clothes had almost dried. Her eyes were rolled back in her head. She started muttering, and I could’ve sworn she said, “Dung balls. Time to roll the dung balls.”
“If anyone asks you if you’re taken,” I said, “the answer is yes.”
“I would've hit the water hard, but at the last second I changed into a falcon. -Carter, THE SERPENT'S SHADOW
“If somebody offers you Hapi pills, just say no!” -Carter, THE SERPENT'S SHADOW
“Disturber shuffled his scroll. 'You have used magi for evil purposes, including twenty-three murders--'
In memory of the Colombian students that were lost
Mummy...Johnny brought a gun to school
Now you have two choices
WHICH GOD IS YOUR GODLY PARENT? I'm tied between Hades and Hermes.
CHILD OF ZEUS
You like being in charge.
CHILD OF POSEIDON
You feel at home in the water.
CHILD OF HADES
You’re not that much of a people person.
CHILD OF DEMETER
You own a garden.
CHILD OF ARES
You often start fights.
CHILD OF ATHENA
You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge.
CHILD OF APOLLO
You’re very creative and artistic.
HUNTER OF ARTEMIS
You dislike boys in general.
CHILD OF HEPHAESTUS
You have a way with tools.
CHILD OF APHRODITE
Every guy/girl swoons for you.
7/10 ( I'm tied between Hades and Hermes )
CHILD OF HERMES
You like pickpocketing your friends.
CHILD OF DIONYSUS
You’re the life of the party.
Arachibutyrophobia: Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
Alektorophobia: Fear of chickens. (Um...Chickens, you must be such a chicken,)
Anatidaephobia: the fear that somehow, somewhere, a duck is watching you. (OH MY GOSH THAT DUCK IS WATCHING ME!!!)
Bibliophobia: Fear of books. (How can someone be afraid of BOOKS!?!?!?!?!)
Cathisophobia: Fear of sitting. (You must be tired!)
Dextrophobia: Fear of objects at the right side of the body (Get...it...AWAY FROM ME!!!!)
Dipsophobia: Fear of drinking. (Dehydration, here I come.)
Euphobia: Fear of hearing good news. (Her:Yes, finally! You: AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!)
Geliophobia: Fear of laughter. (HAHAAHAHHAH *sniffle*)
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: Fear of long words. (Ironic)
Mnemophobia: Fear of memories (Hey, remember- Whoops!)
Pantophobia: Fear of everything. (AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!)
PROOF OF AMERICAN STUPIDITY
On Sears hairdryer:
On a bag of Fritos:
On a bar of Dial soap:
On some Swann frozen dinners:
On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert: (printed on bottom of the box)
On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding:
On packaging for a Rowenta iron:
On artificial bacon:
On Boot's Children's cough medicine:
On Nytol sleep aid:
On a Korean kitchen knife:
On a string of Christmas lights:
On a food processor:
On Sainsbury's peanuts:
On an American Airlines packet of nuts:
On a Swedish chainsaw:
On a child's Superman costume:
Warning: A burning candle is fire
Blanket from Taiwan:
PLEASE READ. It says I but it's not me.
I was walking around in a Target store, when I saw a cashier hand this little boy some money back.
The boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old.
The cashier said, "I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll."
Then the little boy turned to the old woman next to him: ''Granny, are you sure I don't have enough money?''
The old lady replied: ''You know that you don't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.''
Then she asked him to stay there for just 5 minutes while she went to look a round. She left quickly.
The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.
Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to.
"It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for Christmas. She was sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her."
I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus would bring it to her afterall, and not to worry.
But he replied to me sadly. "No, Santa Claus can't bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there."
His eyes were so sad while saying this. "My sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.''
My heart nearly stopped.
The little boy looked up at me and said: "I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall."
Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing. He then told me "I want mommy to take my picture with her so she won't
forget me. I love my mommy and I wish she doesn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister."
Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly.
I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. "Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll?''
"OK," he said, "I hope I do have enough." I added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for
the doll and even some spare money.
The little boy said: "Thank you God for giving me enough money!"
Then he looked at me and added, "I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that
mommy could give it to my sister. He heard me!''
"I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose.''
"My mommy loves white roses."
A few minutes later, the old lady returned and I left with my basket.
I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.
Then I remembered a local newspaper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl.
The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma. Was this the family of the little boy?
Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the newspaper that the young woman had passed away.
I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was exposed for people to see and make last wishes before her burial.
She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest.
I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed forever.. The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister
is still, to this day, hard to imagine. And in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him.
Now you have 3 choices:
1) Repost this message.
2) Remember it and try to stop drunk driving
3) Ignore it as if it never touched your heart