Author has written 6 stories for World Ends With You, D.Gray-Man, Natsume Yūjin-Chō, Maleficent, and My Hero Academia/僕のヒーローアカデミア.
Fair warning, this account is mostly dead. I'm active on AO3 wayyy more than I am here; you can find me under Alyss_Penedo.
Current obssesion: Exactly what it sounds like. Tends to affect what I write/read (mostly read).
Boku no hero Academia. It's so cliched but so good :3
Alyss: Well, as my pen name suggests, I'm a girl :P
Anyways, it may or may not be apparent that I have just the slighest tendency to ramble. But I swear it's not my fault; it was inherited from my sister-in-pen-name (don't bother looking for her, she's not public as far as I'm aware). And if said sister is offended that I stole the last part of her pen name, she should make an account on FictionPress or Fanfiction-net under her usual pen name and PM me; I swear I'll delete this account or something to atone for the dire sin of having offended elder-sister-in-pseudonym. (How does one go about deleting an account on this site anyways?)
Another thing you might have noticed is that I try to type properly (I apologize for any typos I missed). That is not (entirely) because I type slowly, but because I have written far too many school essays for my own good (or anyone else's for that matter; my teachers will always be something akin to gods in my eyes). Having a semi-OCD afflicted editor in your head tends to (-do nothing to-) help with that.
Alex: I'm going to shut Alyss up now, seeing as how she has already managed a whole introduction's worth of nonsense. I'm Alex. Obviously.
I'll keep this short. More often than not, I'm an editor and a critic. Alyss does most of the writing (although it would seem that as of late, she has taken to pushing it on me).
I try very hard to keep up a strict policy of only one ongoing project at a time, mostly because Alyss has a ridiculously short attention span. [Do not. o 3o] That policy has been compromised. Repeatedly. But I'm trying.
Gender: I'm a boy. Alyss is a girl. Don't ask me how that works out.
Age: [Well, I still clearly remember writing school essays XP] Alyss. T_T Nothing more on the subject.
Ethnicity: Alyss has decided to be Asian American; otakus like she tend to be Asian, and she speaks English. I am English, as I speak English on a day-to-day basis, and have found that the residents of England can be quite creatively insulting when so inclined. I maintain that I learned to swear from a British man.
Languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, currently learning ASL (American Sign Language for the laggards). [And 'aloha' for Hawaiian, 'bonjour' for French, 'ecetera' for Latin, "dumkoff' in German, and a bunch of random words in Japanese. I know lots of other language fragments, too, because America :P]
Roles: Alyss insists we explain what each of us does to those of you who can't figure it out for yourselves. And so, she wrote up about half of this and made me do the rest...
- Muse, optimist, idealist, artist, procrastinator of near unmatched proportions (managed a whole marking period's worth of late history homework in one day XP), environmentalist, general essay-writer, drama queen (at least, work wise), peppy socializer, general cellphone texter, obsessive story addict, hypocritical Promoter of "Righteous Morals" (a position that comes with a free "How to Worship Your Readers" manual), hyper little girl who has just had too much sugar, insecurity-ridden angsty teenager, bunny-plagued founder and manager of what has been named "The Plot-Bunny Breeding Grounds", whimsical dictator of all impulses remotely related to impulsiveness, overenthusicasic inner fangirl, plot-savvy storyline creator, short-fused bipolar entity (her mood swings can be freaky), stubborn busybody (when she wants to be, usually during one of her particularly obsessive periods), and general writer's voice. Strangely enough, she's not one of those raving, rabid yaoi supporters.
- Critic, cynicist, he-of-little-faith in regards to humanity's potential for kindness, goodness, and trustworthiness (preferring to note its severe lack thereof), a procrastinator on par (at least) with his counterpart, OCD-afflicted perfectionist (in regards to everything that he doesn't do himself), hypocritical motivator, apathetic leader of a seriously messed up kingdom/group of people (I have no idea what this means; ask Alyss), He-who-is-immune-to-bunny-attacks, the annoying smash-proof alarm clock that goes off when you just want to sleep, Harsh Analyst (as dubbed by another author), trigger-happy murderer of warped ideas (Alyss can't accurately tell when they're screwed up, so I shoot those down. Mind you, I end up gunning down just about everything anyways), Lister of all-that-is-or-can-potentially-go-wrong-and-why, and the voice of reason(?). And I can't handle coffee well; more's the pity.
For those of you who need help (quite a bit of help), the first part is Alyss and the second is me. (I trust you all know who I am.) Normally we'd differentiate by using the squiggle symbol for Alyss instead of a normal dash, but something strange is happening and we can't use it on the profile (nor can we use the 'heart emote', because FNN keeps deleting everything after the "Less than" symbol).
Things that need work, and therefore hope to improve: (-or rather, what I hope to get Alyss to write at some point or another in the foreseeable future; the arts just aren't meant to be my job.) This is something of a checklist. I will add and remove things as I deem fit; Alyss has no say in this. (Of course, I've little say in anything else on this site, beta profile aside.)
- Humor (working on it, in a roundabout, procrastinator-ish way)
The kind of writer I (meaning Alyss) admire/hope to become at some point: (I swear, Alyss changes this every other week. I'll try to keep it steady.)
The kind of epic writer that puts a single, canonicly-plausible-but-impossibly-creative(-or-really-well-executed) twist in a given canon-story and suddenly makes the whole thing entirely their own. These are model fanfic writers, people! And no, I'm not talking about inserting OC's, though those sometimes help the transition-into-awesomefully-original-territory process along.
Stuff that's Hard (or Not Easy) to Figure Out and Would've been Nice to Know Before I started FNN (or FFN, actually):
(Alex! The floor's all yours!)
- FNN: "Fanfiction.net", which is self-explanatory
- FFN: "Fanfiction", which is self-explanatory
- AO3: "", another fanfiction site which has works that are cross-posted here on FNN occasionally. Many FNN users have an account there as well
- Canon: something established in the original work (book, manga, TV show, etc.) and not a product of a fanfiction-writer's mind.
- Fanon: something not confirmed by canon works, but generally established as some amaglam of "acceptable" and "gospel" among the fans of the work in question.
- OTP: "One true pairing", or the two characters that you prefer in a romantic relationship above all else. Alyss doesn't have one, because she lacks the dedication needed to properly commit to any of many preferred pairings. [Hey!]
- OT3: "One true threesome", or something of the sort, which is essentially an OTP with three people instead of two. I don't know how that works out maneuver-wise. I'm fairly certain I don't want to know.
- OT4: If you can read, it stands to reason that you can also, theoretically, count. Ergo, this should be obvious.
- WIP: "Work in progress", or a work that is not complete
- EWE: "Epilogue? What epilogue?", or "Ending without epilogue", or a work that does not/will not have an epilogue, though it can also mean a work that disregards the epilogue provided by canon.
- PWP: "Plot? What plot?", or "Porn without plot", or a piece with no shred of plot to be found. Anywhere. Usually signifies Smut/lemons (aka scenes of an explicitly sexual nature, often graphic).
- Dub-con: "Dubious consent", or people sleeping together in which the consent of either party (or all parties, when there're more than two people) is ambiguous or arguable.
- Non-con: "Non-consent"? (Something like that, anyways.) Rape. Occasionally merely sex of questionable consent, but typically some sort of rape.
- M-preg: "Male pregnancy", which is self-explanatory. I'm trying to decide whether or not the idea itself is more disturbing than the fact that Alyss thinks the theme is interesting and could have merit.
- Yaoi: Homosexuality of the male sort.
- Yuri: Homosexuality of the female sort.
- TV Tropes: Something to be avoided. [Don't listen to the grump, guys. You should check it out! That site will eat your brains 8P]
- You can reply to the reviews on other people's stories. T_T No, we were not aware of this until we got an account ourselves.
- Alex. I just found something totally awesome.
- ...I'm nearly certain I don't want to know.
- No, seriously, look at this! 8D
OBITUARY FOR THE LATE MR. COMMON SENSE
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.
He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and Maybe it was my fault.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6 year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.
Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get Parental consent to administer Calpol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.
Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.
Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.
Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.
He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.
-- Girlbender875, Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay, FredNeverDied, CommChatter, Alyss Penedo
- See! Told you it was awesome.
- While I'll agree that it's extraordinarily well written for something you've mouched off a profile page, I fail to see why this would excite you in any way whatsoever. I'm fairly certain you were never an advocate of common sense to begin with; why start now that it's apparently dead?
- ...That was quite possibly your longest chunk of dialogue ever.
- Could you possibly Stay On Topic?
- Oh, righ- wait. You made me sound like a supporter of politics!
- Ahem. Right. Where was I?
- You wer-
- Ah! That's right!
- It's awesome because it means that people have noticed!
- That all us Whimsical Writers have succeeded in killing off that hated enemy of imagination! It's nice to have your work appreciated :3
- ...This was an utter waste of time. You've completely missed the point of the Obituary. And I've still got work. And you still have yet to produce anything worth posting. Bother.
- Alex, you're a big ol' wet blanket, you know that? Biggest, dribbly-est blanket I've ever had the misfortune of sharing a head-space with.
- HELLO, PEOPLE OF THE WORLD! I just found something totally awesome.
- Why do I feel a curious sense of déjà vu?
- You hush. Anyways, PEOPLE. If you have ever watched any anime worth watching, YOU WILL READ THIS. 100 Rules of Anime (If the link doesn't work, copy-n-paste is a go ;P)
- Oh. That. T_T
- It ranks among the funniest things I HAVE EVER READ. EVER. GO XP
- Warnings include: utter nonsense, blatant mockery of the laws of physics (or anime in general), and possible induction of potentially self-harming actions.
- Alex. For seriously. Laughter is cake batter and snickerdoodles for the soul. Best medicine ever, and NOT self-harm.
- It is damaged limbs from incessant and unnecessary pounding, potential death by asphyxiation, and a frequent cause of misunderstandings that could lead to shock treatments and needles. So, for the ones like you, possible self-harm.
- ...Um. T_Tlll ANYHOOZLES. GO READ IT 8P
- ON A RELATED NOTE: MY FELLOW NARUTARDS: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8060650/5/Incident-Report. Copy. Paste. Go. Come join me in a helplessly laughing death.
ALSO OF NOTE: Look up "The Complete and Extended Evil Overlord List", particularly if you've ever read any clichéd-ahem, sorry, classic- hero vs. bad guy story.
WHY HELLOS THERE, GUESS WHO'S BA~CK! Also, I now have a tumblr.
I am unfortunately a lazy bum and pretty much completely new to tumblr, so I have no idea how to link it. I'm Alyss-spazz-Penedo, though, and you can find me at the Spazzinggrounds.
A Spot of Bother (67)
Alicia Spades (4)
Amulet Misty (50)
Asuka Kureru (85)
Casey V (13)
Dark Ice Dragon (364)
Dark Slayer Reborn (10)
Eclipse Wing (19)
Elbereth in April (24)
Ellen Brand (123)
Firefury Amahira (31)
Fleeting Vapor (22)
Jukebox Hound (44)
Kitsune Foxfire (40)
Lang Noi (35)
Lucathia Rykatu (103)
Luna Darkside (169)
Mirror and Image (104)
Silver Queen (36)
Storyteller Ann (4)
The Fictionist (14)
The Genius Mage (233)
The Light's Refrain (99)
Whispering Darkness (41)