Author has written 66 stories for Sherlock.
You can call me MLC or, as my lovely French friend Lucy36 calls me Camé de Feuille d'érable. Sadly I do not speak french, but thought this was beyond cool:)
I am obnoxiously Canadian - which is rather an oxymoron since we are usually apologetic and full of self depreciating humour - so you can read into that what you wish. I am terribly insecure - although I am getting better! I still cannot believe that anyone wants to read my writing BUT to those of you that do I am ever so grateful! I am especially grateful to johnsarmylady & jack63kids who love my stories & became my friends and support me in more ways than I can possibly say!
I write a mix of styles & am always experimenting. I LIKE reviews (nice ones - don't mind constructive - don't like criticism to be mean!)
I do NOT have a problem with slash, most of my stories are. I am rather enjoying writing slash although I do like exploring the friendship angle between John & Sherlock.
I post to AO3 as well - under the same pen name.
I also have a Tumblr account mapleleafcameo - but I am not a regular user there I am just starting to figure out how to use the darn thing!
And because I love technology so much & understand it so well I am now on twitter - same name MapleleafCameo - why change a good thing? (This whole sentence is sarcastic by the way:D)
Big Thanks you to my BFFF's johnsarmylady, jack63kids, Ennui Enigma, mattsloved1 & Lucy36
Here's a list of my Stories to help you find what you are looking for.
If you only pick one story read either Tea or The Hand Your Dealt (not slash) or Cruel as Winter or Celestial Bodies Suite (slash) - look below for description. I could add Private Universe to that because it seems to be very popular:) - oh my new favourite is Scarecrow - I like it because it's weird & spooky:D
1. Far From Over - mysteryish - 16 chapters - Warning *Spoiler Alerts in Reviews*- it's okay - it's my first story so there's stuff I'd do different - complete
2. Tea - Sherlock's POV - After the Fall
3. Don't Think - John's POV - After the Fall - these 2 are companion pieces
4. On the Wall - friendship - a discussion between two friends
5. The Hand You're Dealt - humour/friendship - apparently this one is quite popular - I am so happy so many people like this one! - complete
A new translation into Chinese is now available by the awesome Signorvernet
Here is the link:
6. The Follower - Something follows John home - spooky humour
7. Warts and All - Sometimes there are people in your life that need a good cursing - written for my dear friend johnsarmylady
8. Following the Cat - a combination & continuation of The Follower & Warts and All - in progress.
9. Sentient Leftovers - my first 221B - for Ennui Enigma
10. Kill All Assassins - sequel to FFO - because it was in my writing folder:) - in progress
11. An Uncivilized Act - my second 221B - in response t Ennui Enigma's challenge in Mrs. Hudson's kitchen - a 221B with a twist
12. It's the Thought That Counts - set between FFO & Kill - Sherlock searches for the perfect Christmas present for Mary
13. The Detective Who Kept His Heart in A Box - Folktale - a birthday present for jack63kids:)
14. A Desolate Occupancy - my take on The empty House - can you guess who th author of the story with in a story really is? A birthday present for Ennui Enigma.
15. Without a Cluedo - Catverse - Sherlock takes revenge upon the Cluedo set - for Lucy36's birthday!
16. An Apology - a series of apologetic texts between Sherlock & John - started out as an apology for AOB! & grew to have a life of its own:)
17. Night -for mrspencil - for those nights of sleeplessness & virtual tea:)
18. In the Kitchen - birthday fic for The Death Frisbee - a 221B
19. The Write Stuff - for the lovely TheGameMrsHudsonIsAfoot for her birthday - John wants to jazz up his blog.
20. The Bag - Sherlock wants to play with the items in John's bag -a birthday fic for KimberlyTheOwl
21. Mrs. Hudson's Home For Wayward Spiders - for johnsarmylady - because some of it is true - Mrs. Hudson might not be feeLing well - the spider on the ceiling is wearing a trilby hat and a raincoat
22. Waiting To Be Seen - guilt can weigh heavy - non-Sherlolly piece for patemalah21's birthday
Could Be Slash (if you want it to be) or Light Slash
1. Haven't Met You Yet - AU - read this first if you are going to read TNER
2. Cruel as Winter - Fairy Tale based upon The Snow Queen by H.C. Anderson - I was excited when I read the Snow Queen how much of Sherlock is in Kay - & Gerta - lovely, brave & loyal Gerta - who does that sound like? - complete
3. Drift - Two lonely men half a world apart, 7 months after Reichenbach - for AlessNox & her challenge for Christmas
4. Dreams, Nightmares, Orgies and Other Elucidations - the couple in it can be whoever you want - an ambiguous tale:)
1. The Never-Ending Road - AU -7 chapters - supernatural/angst - complete
2. Darkness in His Soul - AU sequel to TNER - supernatural/angst - complete
3. Lifted Up, Crashing Down - one shot - it's better than the description
4. In the Between - one shot - I was sad the morning I wrote this
5. Incandescent - one shot - pure smut - no plot - I've been told it's tastefully written ;)
6. Luminous - a reflection for Incandescent - more introspective
7. Celestial Bodies Suite - started because of a conversation with Ennui Enigma - Johnlock, relationships and connections - complete
8. The Experiment - a Christmas gift for mattsloved1 -the beginning of a series of 221B - Sherlock experiments on John - leads to eventual slash
9. The Second Experiment - see above:)
10. Not Too Distant Future - because apparently i don't have enough on the go:P - AU - sci-fi - John isn't John, yada, yada:) - in progress
11. The Third Experiment
12. The Fourth Experiment - there will be one more story attached to this series:) and it should be smutty - here's hoping -lol!
13. The End Result - Sherlock finally gets the results of all the experiments on John - smut & humour - what more do you want?
14. Private Universe - Sci-Fi/Fantasy - John has to go into Sherlock's head to find out why he jumped - but they don't know each other - & other weirdness - comes from listening to Crowded House way too many times:) - complete
15. Between Love and Death - Sherlock has always been fascinated by death. It seems the feeling is mutual. - followed by Life and Death and In Between
16. Flame - an exploration of flame, heat, passion - for Serinah for her birthday!
17. Reflections of Romance in Spring - written in conjunction with mattsloved1 - who wrote part 2 - Reflections of Romance in Summer
18. In A Name - all the ways Sherlock says John's name - for mattsloved1's birthday!
19. Frozen - Companion piece to Chapter 7 of Celestial Bodies Suite - Aftermath of Sherlock's return upon John's heart.
20. Adoration - Sherlock adores John. Plain and simple.
21. Shadow - because I can't do enough AU's -Invaders form another dimension - I have been watching too much Doctor Who:) - I think you will like this one but it will be darker than my other fics:)
22. Heat - total smutfest for johnsarmylady's birthday
23. Life and Death and In Between - continuation to Between Love and Death
24. Ordinary Day - When you wake up & the day is bearable. For the beautiful Skyfullofstars
25. Tetchy - Sherlock is upset with John for calling him tetchy - 600 word challenge from mattsloved1
26. Fall At Your Feet - SHerlock seeks forgiveness after the Fall - for the lovely starrysummernights
27. Jack - a birthday gift for my friend junejuly15- the nickname Jack comes from her lovely story The Four Seasons - Go & Read IT!!
28. Yearning - aslashy 221B challenge from johnsarmylady - it's based on a Christmas Alphabet - except for the Author's Note there are no L's. Get it?
29. Alone Protects Me - John gets hurt, Sherlock thinks he'd be better to be alone - a birthday fic for MrsNoggin
30. Distraction - John and Sherlock get distracted:D - yeah - apparently it's hot:D
31. Windows - An exploration of eye colour and their depths. For SherlocksScarf
32. Angst 'n Slash 'n Lock 'n John - another colaboration with johnsarmylady - 221b Texts - as the label says:D
33. Scarecrow - spooky story for Hallowe'en
34. Things Not to Say at a Crime Scene - Sherlock reveals a little too much at a crime scene - John has the perfect punishment:D
35. Worth a Thousand Words - John discovers a Nude Photo of Sherlock. Things change.
36. In the Silence Your Blood Sings - Vampires - what can I say - I've got a thing for them.
37. Closing Time - First time meeting AU - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. Based on the song by Semisonic
Collaboration with the lovely johnsarmylady
1. Text In The City - a series of innuendo & slightly slashy texts between John & Sherlock - we take turns being the boys:) - it's on her profile:)
Stories that go together & the order you should read them - if you are confused:
Oververse - Far From Over, It's the Thought That Counts, Kill All Assassins
Soulverse - Haven't Met You Yet, The Never-Ending Road, Darkness in His Soul
Catverse - The Follower, Warts and All, Following the Cat, Without a Cluedo
The Experiment Series - complete - 5 stories in all!
Death and the Detective - Between Love and Death, Life and Death and In Between
Lifted Up, Crashing Down, Ordinary Day, Fall At Your Feet
The lovely and talented TheGameMrsHudsonIsAfoot who is an amazing writer AND artist created this incredible picture inspired by Private Universe.
Check it out on her livejournal blog -
It is also on Tumblr under mapleleafcameo
I am so touched by this! -I will be adding it to Chapter 5 on my AO3 account - wish fanfiction could do this!
Unsafe External Link