Poll: What genre of story should I write more? Vote Now!
Author has written 9 stories for Disgaea, Junjō Romantica, and Kamen Rider.
1. Any works of fiction
3. Anime, manga, Jdrama and video games
4. Visual novels
5. S&M stuffs xD
6. IQ (Intelligence Quotient) and EQ (Emotional Quotient)
7. Learning something new
8. Learning Japanese
9. Japanese actors and voice actors
10. Delicious foods and drinks
Key Elements in a Fiction that Usually Make Me Got Hooked:
1. Realistic, can be related to real life
2. Creative, innovative and productive story
3. Mind-challenging, make the readers/watchers think and learn about some points
4. Unpredictable things
5. Important moral values
6. Characters who are humans, not Mary Sues, have their own pros and cons
7. Balanced pacing, not too slow and not too fast
8. Can affect the readers'/watchers' emotions
9. Not overusing cliches
10. Can keep the readers/watchers anticipate for more
11. Lots of bromance :3
12. WORTHY ENDING, seriously no matter how good the series went, if the ending is HORRIBLE, then the whole series become HORRIBLE
Tips for Writing a Good Story (for myself too):
1. Jot down and plan everything in a notebook
2. Inspire from real life events
3. Watch/Read some good stories
4. Remember the key elements to write a good story (refer above, you can ignore no.11)
5. When having a writer's block, sit in a bus/car and think for new ideas (this really works)
6. Accept constructive criticism (and ignore the offensive ones if you can't take it)
7. Do ALOT of research
Things That I Usually Don't Like in a Fanfiction:
1. Stories that doesn't get updated for a looooooong time, or maybe for eternity, leaving the readers hanging
2. Canon characters become OOC (Out Of Character) for no reason
3. OC (Own Character) usually, especially if they are Mary Sue or gets screentime more than the canon characters
5. MPREG (Male Pregnancy)
6. Bad spelling, grammar and characterization
7. Drabbles/Short stories for each chapters
8. Slow pacing/Too many unnecessary things were focused in a chapter
9. Character deaths
10. PWP (Porn Without Plot)
11. Reviews that only says "Please update!/Update soon!/Update ASAP!
12. Insulting/Flaming/Bashing/Trolling reviews that were being misunderstood as 'critics'
13. Neko boys/girls
14. People who read a fanfiction from start to finish but didn't either leave a review or add to fave or follow list, but the only review he/she had left was for reminding the author on how "BAD" the fanfiction was (I hate this the most)
15. Critics that were only pointing out the mistakes the author had made from A to Z, no suggestion on how to fix them
* I care mostly about plot, so actually everything mentioned above wasn't a big deal to me except 14 and 15
My Top 4 Ukes in BL Manga/Anime/Games (may change over time)
4. Seragaki Aoba (DRAMAtical Murder) (VA: Atsushi Kisaichi)
3. Kobayashi Asuka (STEAL!) (VA: Atsushi Abe)
2. Takahashi Misaki (Junjou Romantica) (VA: Takahiro Sakurai)
1. Giancarlo Bourbon Del Monte (Lucky Dog 1) (VA: Tatsuhisa Suzuki)
OTP List (ship them soooo hard):
1. Usami Akihiko x Takahashi Misaki (Junjou Romantica)
2. Watanabe Shu x Miura Ryosuke (reversible) / Ankh x Hino Eiji (Kamen Rider OOO)
3. Any uke Luffy (One Piece)
Current Obssessions (may change over time):
1. One Piece (I swear, after falling in love with this series it was very hard for me to like other series)
2. Junjou Romantica
3. Lucky Dog 1
4. Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V
5. Owari No Seraph
6. Kamen Rider series (which I think better than Ultraman and Super Sentai)
Note: I am a very picky and particular person and it is really hard for me to be interested in a series, unless I've spotted a certain "something" in it that gets me hooked
“Every fanbase is the worst fanbase, because every fanbase has the worst fans. People are passionate about what they like, and go out of their way to let others know that they like it. They band with like-minded individuals and make other fans feel like crap. Young fans are especially bad at knowing when it is appropriate to proclaim their love for something. This is everywhere. It's not unique to one fandom, or one genre of media, or anything. There will always be stupid fans in fandoms.”
"Even though I'm dying, I will not give up!"
- Sawada Tsunayoshi, Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!
"I am the man who will be the Pirate King!"
- Monkey D. Luffy, One Piece
"If you have great luck that is incomparable with other people, what are you gonna do? I will live in a life with thrills and spills."
- Giancarlo Bourbon Del Monte, Lucky Dog 1
"I've got to hide it. I can't ever let him know, or I won't be able to stay by his side. It's alright - I'm used to doing that by now after all."
- Takahashi Misaki, Junjou Romantica